rFactor B-Spec 24 Hours of LeMans (June 6-7)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 521 comments

Do you like the car bonuses?

• Yes, keep them.

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No, get rid of them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@raven214

Your liveries are almost ready to go. Just one issue with the rear wing logos. The logo ended up on the bottom of the wing and upside down, heres a gallery which should help. Cant wait to show them off once they are fixed!

http://imgur.com/2uj8JbF,URcGFGr,ZJnrdd6,cYe6oBA

I was worried about that when I saw the 2 wing sections on the template. Figured I'd try the most logical one, which apparently was about as wrong as I could be! :lol: I'll fix it ASAP!

@Earth

Should be fixed now!

Attachments

• Enduracers_ESP2_RS_Spyder_Evo_Body-RM-7USMC-v02.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • Enduracers_ESP2_RS_Spyder_Evo_Body-RM-9MTNDew-v02.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Enduracers_ESP2_RS_Spyder_Evo_Body-RM-97ALSA-v02.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
@raven214

uxODT3K.jpg

Prototype spotters guide v1.0. More cars will be added when I get more paint schemes. GT spotters guide will come later.

Edit: v1.1 already

t2hBe9C.jpg

Last edited:
Say @AJHG1000 , How about making the mirrors on your cars different colors? You could keep one of them white and have one with Red Mirrors with the other having blue mirrors.

Also, I'll finally have my Cars done tomarrow.

@raven214

uxODT3K.jpg

Prototype spotters guide v1.0. More cars will be added when I get more paint schemes. GT spotters guide will come later.

Edit: v1.1 already

t2hBe9C.jpg

Spotter's guide is looking good - can't wait to see the rest of the field!

@Earth can I bug you to get a better look at the tail? It looks like my logos might be getting cut off at the bottom (front of the wing), but I can't tell from that angle.

@raven214 Interesting that you asked about the wing logos. Turns out the rear wing is far more complex then I could have ever imagined....I had a mini nervous breakdown working with it but I got it to work.

I'll post an example of how I had to alter the wing template of the #97 to get the ALS logo to line up right...madness I tell you, madness.

DmQzdSN.jpg

mIU2P4O.jpg

wgCU2e9.jpg

5XhAIZi.jpg

And if anyone is wondering why we are using the 1996 version of the track, the reason is there simply isnt a good modern version that exists for rfactor. I've downloaded them all and found the new ones to be wildly inaccurate in layout to the point of distraction and full of ugly trackside objects. I think its because they're all based on a super old Le Mans circuit that was built for NASCAR 2003. There is a really new Le Mans track out there for rFactor that has a really good layout, and is high quality, but it is still in Beta. Its not optimized well which means theres huge framerate drops, and parts of the track are not finished.

The 1996 track built by virtua LM may be a little bit older layout, but it is of the highest of quality and very accurate. Its easily the best LeMans circuit available for rFactor and I'll think you'll find most leagues use it when they race LeMans.

Had a feeling it was something like that. I find it odd that some of the best versions are 80's and 90's versions, instead of being the newest ones. Dedication and nostalgia I guess.

If it's alright with you @Earth, I think it's time for me to add some RP for the event. Willing to answer questions, I do reserve the right to disregard them though.

@raven214 Interesting that you asked about the wing logos. Turns out the rear wing is far more complex then I could have ever imagined....I had a mini nervous breakdown working with it but I got it to work.

I'll post an example of how I had to alter the wing template of the #97 to get the ALS logo to line up right...madness I tell you, madness.

DmQzdSN.jpg

mIU2P4O.jpg

wgCU2e9.jpg

5XhAIZi.jpg

Well, that's just crazy how they mapped the skin to the model. The OCD in me would not allow it to be so messed up like that. :lol: Thank you for your efforts to clean it up @Earth, it looks great! 👍

I'll put up a press release with my driver lineup in a little bit. :cheers:

(Sorry for the double post, but reasons!)

RAVEN MOTORSPORT ANNOUNCES DRIVER LINEUP
uxODT3K.jpg

Before rolling out their cars for a test session at Sebring this week, Raven Motorsport took the opportunity to introduce the cars and drivers for their 3 entries.

The #7 USMC Porsche RS Spyder will have a mixture of sportscar and open wheel talent at the helm. Multiple Daytona 24 hour winner American Scott Pruett will be joined by the Brazilian Indy 500 champ Tony Kanaan, and up and comer American Jordan Taylor.

The #9 Mountain Dew Porsche will be driven by an all Nascar/all American team of fan favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr, and series champions Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick.

The #97 ALS Association Porsche will be piloted by Raven Motorsport family drivers, Americans Will Raven, Jett Raven, and Eric Raven. Brothers and co-owners Will and Jett will handle the bulk of the driving responsibilities, while team founder Eric will once again suite up in pursuit of an elusive overall win at Le Mans.

Last edited:
Header.jpg

Test Drivers Announced For Pezzarinho17
Team Pezzarinho17 have announced the 2 drivers that will be testing the #17 and #23 machines at the upcoming test for the Le Mans 24 hours. Tom Kristensen will drive the #17 whilst Andre Lotterer will be at the wheel of #23 on Friday 22nd May. Kristensen has already ruled himself out of racing for the team at the event itself however, and it is believed that the arrangement is purely to aid in Audi's development along with the team's familiarisation with the LMP1 cars.

"Tom has retired once, and we know this project doesn't fall into line with his own plans," said team owner Perry Brown. "Andre however is someone we would like to have racing our machine if we can be of interest to him. The experience would be a great boost to us."

Although the team were unable to provide more information on who would carry out the remaining tests or race for them, there was confirmation that the technical partnership with McLaren had come to an end after just 1 season. The decision came about through mutual consent, with McLaren focusing engineering efforts on the new Honda Formula 1 engine and Pezzarinho17 looking to prove it is now in a technical state to take on new challenges by itself.

K Now:

NCTX PRESSER: Team Owner opens mouth.

Well, as all of you here know I don't try to run my mouth constantly, or incessantly, but this is the time to do it. Today I formally confirm that we have managed to pump out a small fleet of Lamborghini Murcielago RGTs for the FEA's 24 Hours of LeMans. This is a new opportunity, and a new build, but both are being handled well by the team.

Yes, yet again we have defied all logic and managed to build, paint, and assemble six cars in our two car shed, all without interrupting the GT Cup and WEC Porsches, the GTPFS Fusion, or the build up of the CAT series' F-150. Also yet again the cars will run without sponsors. The cars run as follows: #58- Red base with silver, black, and white accents, dubbed 'Team Blood'; #79-Silver base with red, black, and white accents, dubbed 'Team Steel'; #85-Black base with red, silver, and white accents, dubbed 'Team Sith'.

I decided long ago that once I began fielding multiple entries, each entry would take it's own development path and direction. Without saying outright the teams' directions, 'Blood' are aiming for an aggressive race, 'Sith' are looking to capitalize on the inevitable, and 'Steel' want to cross the line with everything in tact.

All this aside, only one car has it's driver lineup set, the 79. We are conversing with a few entities about participation, but nothing is solid yet, and frankly I'm open to suggestions. As much so as I am questions I will attempt to answer in short order.

OPEN FLOOR!

Racerworkz announces press conference for Friday.

After quite some time of silence, the team has announced a conference set for Friday, May 22nd. The conference is to formally announce their entry as well as their sponsor and driver line-up for the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

The deadline for Test Day setups is 10 hours from the time of this post. In order to receive a setup sheet, you must submit a finished paint scheme. If you do not submit a setup, your team does not take part in the test. If you are not interested in submitting a custom setup, you may ask for a 'default' setup which will be slow but steady.

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@Crashbroke23
@DCybertron
@Frizbe
@goofytyler
@Harsk100
@Jahgee1124
@Mike458
@optiongamers
@Peasantslayer
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@raven214
@swiftsmith
@watertank

The deadline for Test Day setups is 10 hours from the time of this post. In order to receive a setup sheet, you must submit a finished paint scheme. If you do not submit a setup, your team does not take part in the test. If you are not interested in submitting a custom setup, you may ask for a 'default' setup which will be slow but steady.

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@Crashbroke23
@DCybertron
@Frizbe
@goofytyler
@Harsk100
@Jahgee1124
@Mike458
@optiongamers
@Peasantslayer
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@raven214
@swiftsmith
@watertank
I already had finished my paint schemes.

Seeing as I have no idea whatsoever on how to fine tune a car, I guess I'll have to go with a "default" one.

Hey @Earth, can you PM me my paint schemes in that same spotter's guide format you did for @raven214 ?

OK I'll get on it

@Earth, if I made a basic livery, would I be able to have it be replaced later with what @Harsk100 makes me?

I'll make an exception and let your cars test without a livery.

I can paint one of your cars too but does it matter what it is? I have some ideas

I'm working on another Photoshop project for someone else currently (BATracer, not FBS) but I will message here again when available if there are still people wanting liveries to be made.

Back