rFactor B-Spec 24 Hours of LeMans (June 6-7)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 521 comments

Do you like the car bonuses?

• Yes, keep them.

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No, get rid of them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Um, if anyone can live with.. well, every single person to have seen my GTPFS2 or Caterpillar Truck series liveries will know, making out the details (a signature of sorts), then I should be able to throw something together for someone.. :D

JPqHezT.jpg

Racerworkz announces participation, unveils cars and driver line-up

After a long silence, Racerworkz broke its silence today after team owner/Driver Camyron Jackson announced the team's participation for the upcoming 24 Hours Of Le Mans. Not only were the cars shown, all of them Acura ARX 01Bs, but the sponsors and driver lineups were announced as well. "This is one of the team's biggest efforts and this is for just one race as opposed to a season. We're hoping our line-ups will give us a great chance at claiming the win"

Sponsor/Driver Lineups:

PnAflvi.jpg

#26 Dr.Pepper Acura

Marco Andretti
Graham Rahal
Josef Newgarden

Car 26 sees an all-American Line-up of Indycar stars, including the first ever driver pairing of Marco Andretti and Graham Rahal as well Josef Newgarden. Given Marco's previous Sportscar experience being in this very car and the speed of Graham and Josef, this is looking to be one of the fastest lineups yet.

SJiXIN8.jpg

#27 Formula Dream Acura

Takuma Sato
Hideki Mutoh
Nobuhiro Matsu****a

Car 27 features an all-Japanese lineup, specifically featuring three of Honda's supported drivers. Former F1 driver Takuma Sato leads the line up, teamed up with Former Indycar Driver Hideki Mutoh and rising star from the Formula Dream Program Nobuhiro Matsu****a. With a driver known for his "Attack" mentality teamed up with one of Super GT's most aggressive drivers AND a fast young driver, speed is certainly not a concern for this car

yagSGz7.jpg

#32 HP Acura

Camyron Jackson
Matt Ishida
Alex Alenko

Car 32 sees the familiar presence of Owner Camyron Jackson along with two of his drivers Matt Ishida and Alex Alenko. While Jackson is already a known quantity in a Prototype, his drivers are interesting choices as Ishida has an extensive open wheel background with national championships to his name while Alenko is known more so for his full-bodied oval racing skills. With this mix, this lineup will have a interesting mix of speed and experience.

Last edited:
Soooo....I had about three hours of BS destroyed by one of three things. Either GTP's 'draft saving' feature is a temperamental 🤬, my laptop is a hunk of 🤬, or this satellite internet is an atrocious amount of 🤬.

Anywho I got my drivers in order for the most part. Two are not confirmed, but the 58 is now ready. If anyone gives a flip, I'll announce them.

Since everyone else has done one, I figured "why the heck not?"

AMR Aston Martin Racing with Ravenwest - formal introduction

After first announcing its participation in the 24 Hours of Le Mans a long time ago, the team that goes by the full name of AMR Aston Martin Racing with Ravenwest (also known simply as AMRR) is finally making their official introduction.

CyaksH1.jpg

Featuring the #007 that's become synonymous with Aston Martin is the all-green car driven by former Aston Martin works drivers David Brabham, Darren Turner and Johnny Herbert. The hopes for the team is to have a good pace and hopefully make a top three finish. The lineup is certainly strong enough.

bk3Rn4B.jpg

The #009 car has adapted the colors of the famed/feared Ravenwest Motorsport team and is also entered in cooperation with those. As a result of this, legend drivers Rick Scott and Nathan McKane as well as former Shark Team candidates Stellan Hansen and Cesar Maques will pilot this car towards what they hope/expect to be top spot in the GT class.

60bSgPx.jpg

The final of the AMR machines is the #95, dressed in the always-good-looking Gulf colors. Known by its fans as the Dane Train, Christoffer Nygaard and Kristian Poulsen (with Allan Simonsens name on the roof) are hoping to give a worthy tribute to their fallen friend and co-driver.

Why I'm not on final classification? I already finished my Corvettee's schemes. :(

Do you want the 'default' setup? If not, create one using the specs in our conversation.

@Earth have the bonuses been applied yet?

No, the bonuses are only for the race.

Forgot one big thing, GT cars are now limited to 4 downforce for the front. One of the cars had downforce over 4 on the front and it went 5 kph faster then it should have for its level of downforce on the Mulsanne. Took me a while to figure out what was causing that. If you submitted a GT setup with downforce on the front over 4, I reduced it to 4 for this practices session.

Next practice is May 27. If you do not submit a new setup, I'll reuse your current seutp.

And sorry about the sort of sloppy timing sheeting, it was my first time doing this and it took a bit longer then I expected so I got sloppy. It will be much clearer next time.

Forgot one big thing, GT cars are now limited to 4 downforce for the front. One of the cars had downforce over 4 on the front and it went 5 kph faster then it should have for its level of downforce on the Mulsanne.
Without looking at it again, I know this was on me.

Also, its either my computer or my internet that caused me issues. Or both.

OK, here's the final driver line-up for all three cars:

The #58 'Blood' Lambo will be driven by Not-Top-Gear: Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond. Tried getting the Stig, but the Beeb was having none of it. I also have a contract with JC stating that if they start something and it goes to legal proceedings, it's all on him, as well as a deposit on the car if they total it.

The #85 'Sith' Murcie is piloted by a more motorsports based crew. LM24 rookie Travis Pastrana, Daytona 24 winner David Donohue, and former Panoz driver and possibly still the youngest driver to finish the 24, Gunnar Jeannette.

The #79 'Steel' RGT roster was set upon registration. I am the driver, the lone driver. To my knowledge, no one has ever finished the 24 on a solo drive. Even though there are usually regulations against it, I have managed to talk the ACO into waving that on this occasion, the FEA has not given a reply on the matter. I'm gonna try it, I may be sick of Gatorade and tea afterward, but I'm gonna try.

The #79 'Steel' RGT roster was set upon registration. I am the driver, the lone driver. To my knowledge, no one has ever finished the 24 on a solo drive. Even though there are usually regulations against it, I have managed to talk the ACO into waving that on this occasion, the FEA has not given a reply on the matter. I'm gonna try it, I may be sick of Gatorade and tea afterward, but I'm gonna try.
Well, it was nice knowing you. You're either gonna virtually die from exhaustion, a crash, or too much caffeine, but good luck anyways. :lol:

But about my setup.. Wow, it's bad. I have the lowest top speed of both classes.. I remember why I sucked in FBS. :P

@Mike458 's car is ready

iScteIg.jpg

Brilliant! Here's my driver lineup:

Piloting the lone #45 Ponyphonia Racing car will be 3 top drivers from Polyphonia. Mikael Moench, who has had experience in all sorts of vehicles from open-wheel cars to front-wheel drive touring cars and is sure not to disappoint. Ben Gallardo, who has experience driving in race-tuned road cars for all of his life will definitely get to grips with a production-based race car very easily. Finally, a new driver for this year's Le Mans 24, Klaus Van Der Veen who was just hired this year by Inferno Racing to run in this privateer team for the Le Mans 24. A former WTCC champion who just made his move into the LMGT category, will his aggressive driving style pay off?

Well, it was nice knowing you. You're either gonna virtually die from exhaustion, a crash, or too much caffeine, but good luck anyways. :lol:

But about my setup.. Wow, it's bad. I have the lowest top speed of both classes.. I remember why I sucked in FBS. :P
:lol:

It should also be noted that along with the tools, fuel, and part carts, I've got at least two tanks that will be full of tea, so if I crash early, I'll be supplying the crews, the press, and possibly even the fans who happen to be around. Making 200 Gallons of tea might be the hardest part of this entire event.....up to the moment I have to be pried out of my seat.

And while your setup may be slow, your Sector 3 time is second best, and considering that sector is almost all corners, you're losing it on the straights. Fixing that won't be hard, finding the sweet-spot.....good luck buddy.

Also, I thought someone would say "Dammit, I wanted Clarkson & Co."

Back