rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
the official bmw f1 car is in the game now as well as a few real tracks.
the demo lets you drive the bf1 car around nurburgring. i am downloading now :)

Are you sure it's rFactor? I've checked the site and there's no sign of a demo, or the BF1.

well its more of a "trial". you have to download the full game and only 2 cars and 2 tracks are unlocked. like in lfs.

I haven't used them yet, I'm more into the Bettel funcars and the Megane trphy cars at the moment than open wheelers.

The new F1_2005 mod for Rfactor looks absolutely amazing. Also ISI officially released monza and all its various configurations recently... I wish LFS had graphics like this -_-

grab018lw7.jpg

grab028nu8.jpg

mclaren.jpg

grab015ou9.jpg

grab004fc3.jpg

The 2005 does look absolutely astounding. It has alll track specific car skins as well, star wars red bull etc and all the test liverys. I so badly want rFactor.

From what i have seen most F1 tracks are available for rFactor as well.

yes most of them. :) the new fuji is missing tho. i hope ISI makes it. they recently made Monza, and it comes with all the configurations. even the oval and the old track that combines the oval and normal monza gp track. I've only done a few laps on it and it seems they've done an amazing job.

the physics arent as great as i would like them to be :/. I like LFS's physics engine more.

there is even a way to "increase boost" or something for more power. while driving... but if you use it too much you will hurt/kill the engine. i havent played around too much with the settings.

yes most of them. :) the new fuji is missing tho. i hope ISI makes it. they recently made Monza, and it comes with all the configurations. even the oval and the old track that combines the oval and normal monza gp track. I've only done a few laps on it and it seems they've done an amazing job.

I saw some of the layouts on rscnet, i wouoldnt have thought the new Fuji would be made yet, maybe by ISI but not for a while. Bearing in mind its for the 2007 season. CTDP have still got a 2006 season to make which has been started, its going to include upgrades apparently, F1 style, aerodynamics and stuff. I just gotta get some money, upgrade this pc and buy rFactor.

For now, F1 Challenge does me perfectly:D

the game seems to need alot of RAM... i tried running full grid of the high detailed F1 cars...and even though the FRAPs told me i was getting 40fps... the game was stuttering.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/307ome

here is video of me running a 1:26 (in 2006 BMW) on the new monza released by ISI. i wasnt running full boost and i am still very green with the car. My setup needs alot of work as well... i was running too low susension or something... and i wasnt running enough boost or using the temp boost. the car's capable of 1:21's with extremely good drivers. IRL the car's done a 1:22 sofar in practice.

I've jsut downloaded a few more mods for this, the best of which are a Caterham mod and the ETCC mod.
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=ETCC

It's a great mod, there's a few good tracks on that site too that are pretty new. The VW funcup mod is old, and I've had it for a while but if you haven't got it yet yourself, get it.

The istoric rally cars is a mod I want to download but I've used up my daily downlaod limit on that site which is 5 for non paying members so I'll get that tomorrow.
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Historic Rally Cars (HRC)

I got this game about a week ago and I have to say it's a lot of fun:).
I only have the trial right now, but I plan to buy it when I have enough
money. Because right now I don't have any good racing game on my PC.

Live4Speed and to anyone else? You guys played it online at all yet? I play the Eurocup Megane's and ETCC online (recently more Megane) and it is good fun.

I don't play online that much in any game generally. Tbh I'm rubbish at setting cars up so I tend to get badly beaten anyway. I don't think my driving lines are that bad though they probably are, I just haven't got much of a clue how to find a great setup.

I dont set up my car, I just enter and drive the default that it is on, and i'm quite competitive. I've won some races online in the ETCC and Megane's

Racing-Centre.net Megane

^above is the game name that I race Megane's online, if ever you wanna join in.

I've just downloaded the Pikes peak track, with a few extra Pikes peak hill climb cars such as the Tacoma Pikes peak, Escudo Pikes peak and a couple of others. I've also been chacking up on a few WIP mods like the JGTC all stars mod, which looks really good. There's a few GT mods including a classic 1960's LeMans mod, an American GT mod with the new Viper GTS-R, Caddilac GT car and so on, Motor city online mod which I've downloaded the 1.4 BETA version of, which has loads of classic muscle cars. There's a dragster mod, a few classic race car mods and a whole lot more in the making.

www.liveforspeed.net most realistic physics and very good online play. :) there is a free multiplayer demo. the demo can be a bit mean with wreckers and dirty racers. the full game is much cleaner racing with leagues and more cars and tracks and autocross, and drag racing. you can also also modify tracks by adding cones and ramps and other objects.

the full game also has an autos-kin downloading system.

its a game that is evolving and getting better and better :)

check out this vid
http://www.mediafire.com/?4nrdlznnw2h

you could download the demo and try and see how it runs. the lfs install file is much smaller than the rfactor one.

and what are your pc specs? if you dont have a somewhat decent pc, you wont be able to run rfactor at very high settings.

Back