Richard Burns Rally - RSRBR 2016

• Thread starter richiem2282
  • 338 comments
I have manged to download the main mod file but the track packs look to have been removed from all the links provided. This seems odd and slightly frustrating.

I have been looking for a good rally game for awhile. GT never did it well, the Colin McRae series was fun but had terrible physics so I stopped playing them. The original Milestone WRC game was shocking so I haven't looked at their new games. RBR is so much better, way more realistic. Even though it was hard to keep the car on the road at first, I learned how to drive it properly. It doesn't let you away with mistakes like other games do which I find great.

The game is just a bit small so getting RSRBR 2013 seems like a good idea. Except it seems to have disappeared from existence.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll have another go tonight. I don't download much so upload site like the ones provided are slightly confusing. I guess I'm just courteous about downloading from unknown sources.

The original Milestone WRC game was shocking so I haven't looked at their new games.

Milestone's last two WRC games have been awesome, you should definitely pick 4 up when there's a Steam sale. Or at least look into it. RBR is still better and the RS mod makes it a must-have, but WRC 4 is nice.

Yeah
Milestone's last two WRC games have been awesome, you should definitely pick 4 up when there's a Steam sale. Or at least look into it. RBR is still better and the RS mod makes it a must-have, but WRC 4 is nice.
Yeah, it's parsecs ahead of the first.

In case you've missed it, RSRBR 2014 is out. While the number of new cars and stages is nothing too huge, it certainly still is addictive. I could hardly wait for it to finish the installations :D

On a slightly different subject, does anyone know how to change the driver names and stats used for the season? I did try googling it, but the one result I found told me to edit my Misc\ai\aidrv.ini file. But there's no such file to be found :(

Edit: nevermind, found it :dunce:

Last edited:
Got RBR the other day, is downloading RSRBR 2014 the way to go, or are there other mods to look at? Does RSRBR contain a numerical pacenotes pack, because I'm so used to that style from Colin McRae rally that I can't drive with RBR pacenotes.

It's certainly a different approach to rally games, there's a lot less room for error with the stages so narrow. I'm finding it hard to remember to do all the things you learn in the rally school while out on the stages! Keep trying to push hard and crashing, when I should really be just trying to finish the stage intact.

Got RBR the other day, is downloading RSRBR 2014 the way to go, or are there other mods to look at?

There are a few mods out there, but none that I'm too aware of. But RSRBR won't disappoint you. Especially not if you're a first-time user. It does take some time to download all the packs, but they're more than worth it. It's kinda like the Gran Turismo of rallying.

Does RSRBR contain a numerical pacenotes pack, because I'm so used to that style from Colin McRae rally that I can't drive with RBR pacenotes.

There is a pace note manager (download link) to which you can download several new co-drivers, including good ol' Nicky Grist. It only takes 2 minutes to figure out how it works.

It's certainly a different approach to rally games, there's a lot less room for error with the stages so narrow. I'm finding it hard to remember to do all the things you learn in the rally school while out on the stages! Keep trying to push hard and crashing, when I should really be just trying to finish the stage intact.

Much more realistic than just about anything else. Have a look at a regular rally stage, there's perhaps a few centimeters of space between where you drive and that tree. Hit a fence head-on at 80km/h? Expect the cooling to leak. Slid into a ditch? The car may rool. It all pretty much behaves as you'd expect in real life.

On a sidenote, you guys should really try "Career mode". Really simple yet pleanty of fun. Choose the pack of cars representing the year you want to start your career (e.g. A8W-00 if you want to start in 2000), select a low-level team (e.g. Skoda, Seat, Hyundai), start the rally season with the settings you prefer (I recommend professional drivers and realistic damage) and do the best you can. After Finland, start pretending the contract-game is on. Set some realistic goals as to what to achieve before a team is interested (e.g. Ford could require 3 wins before you're interesting to them). When you're done with the season, start another with the team you've signed for (change car pack to that of the next year, in our example A8W-01/2001), rinse and repeat. See how many championships you can win before retirement :)

So, I never installed the extra track packs (except a few) for RSRBR 2013. Now that I've been playing more and slowly improving, I decided to try a few more stages. The problem is, RSRBR 2014 is out now, so I can't find the BTB 2013 track packs on Rallysim. I kinda don't feel like downloading RSRBR again, so is there another place to get those older track packs?

I've heard so many good things about RSBR, especially the 2014 version, that after many years of owning this game, I've decided to go for it.

Only problem is, the mod won't install :(

Anyone have this problem?:
The mod install file (the very first one) will download on every one of the links on their page. The only problem is that literally ten seconds after the DL finishes, the .exe file that I had just downloaded simply decides to lyse and delete itself, leaving my download manager and utorrent to baffle as to where the program has gone. I've been trying to solve this problem for about a week now, to no avail. Can anyone help me?

Our very own Tidgney has decided to try his hand at RBR. Shows that it can be a wee bit tricky, even for very fast drivers.

I don't know if anyone remember me talking about "Career mode" and how fun it actually is. Well, it just got a little more fun. I've edited the drivers and teams names to represent, as much as possible, the 1999 and 2000 WRC season (as that's obviously the first two you can really do with RSRBR). I've also tried to match the abilities of each driver to levels similar-ish to that of each season, though there's too many variables to make it exactly like the real deal :)

It can in theory be done with the normal RBR, but if you really want fun, you should use RSRBR 2014.

The way you do is following:

1: Download and unzip the files.
2: Decide which season you want to play. Let's take 1999 as an example.
3: Open the "1999 WRC Season" folder
4: Copy the "misc.rbz" file and paste it in your RBR folder.
5: Start RSCenter, choose the car pack of the season you want to play (in this example, A8W-99)
6: Choose "SSE" or "RBRdll", depending on preference. It should work both ways.
7: Start the season as you would normally. I prefer professional difficulty with realistic damage.
8: Have fun and see if you can beat Colin McRae, Richard Burns, Carlos Sainz and co. 👍

If there's anything incorrect with driver/team info/"spec" (apart from the '99 Ford team names (for obvious reasons) and wrong tyres displayed at the team selection screen (I haven't yet found the file containing those data)), shoot me a PM :)

More to come at a later time.

Attachments

• 2000 WRC Season.zip
    260.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 1999 WRC Season.zip
    260.2 KB · Views: 29
You might be lucky to pick up a used copy at a flea market, though I could imagine it's turning into a collector's item. Places like Ebay and said flea markets would be your best guess for a physical copy. It shouldn't be all that expensive, and with RSRBR installed, you have a value/money better than most racing games :)

You might be lucky to pick up a used copy at a flea market, though I could imagine it's turning into a collector's item. Places like Ebay and said flea markets would be your best guess for a physical copy. It shouldn't be all that expensive, and with RSRBR installed, you have a value/money better than most racing games :)
What are PC requirements?

I don't remember the specifics (I left the box at my dad's place 4 hours ago), but any modern-ish PC with mid-level performance should do the trick 👍

What about a virus infected laptop with 3gb of ram? :guilty:

That'll most likely do.

The system requirements according to the box are:

Code:
CPU:        1.6 GHz
Graphics:   64MB
Hard Disk:  3.1GB
DVD-ROM:    2 Speed
DIRECTX:    9.0
NETWORK:    N/A ( This actually does work in RSRBR )
RAM:        256Mb
INPUT:      Steering wheel recommended
SOUND:      DirectX 9.0 compatible

KFM
That'll most likely do.

The system requirements according to the box are:

Code:
CPU:        1.6 GHz
Graphics:  64MB
Hard Disk: 3.1GB
DVD-ROM: 2 Speed
DIRECTX:  9.0
NETWORK: N/A ( This actually does work in RSRBR )
RAM:        256Mb
INPUT:      Steering wheel recommended
SOUND:    DirectX 9.0 compatible
Nice! Now if I can just get my hands on one.

Says not compatible with laptops.

That's a bit bizarre to be honest. I'm running RBR (and RSRBR for that matter) on my laptop with zero problems. Runs really quite smoothly actually. If you've got a laptop with atleast the minimum specs posted earlier then I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine...

That's a bit bizarre to be honest. I'm running RBR (and RSRBR for that matter) on my laptop with zero problems. Runs really quite smoothly actually. If you've got a laptop with atleast the minimum specs posted earlier then I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine...
What are your Specs?

What are your Specs?

My specs are as follows...worth noting my laptop has a switch able graphics card - but when the laptop is plugged in it runs on the higher spec one.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC CPU Intel Core i3-2350M @ 2.30GHz Video Card Radeon (TM) HD 7470M RAM 6.1GB OS Windows 7 64bit Gamepad/Steering Device Logitech DFGT & Steelseries SRW-S1

Hope that's somewhat useful.

My specs are as follows...worth noting my laptop has a switch able graphics card - but when the laptop is plugged in it runs on the higher spec one.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC CPU Intel Core i3-2350M @ 2.30GHz Video Card Radeon (TM) HD 7470M RAM 6.1GB OS Windows 7 64bit Gamepad/Steering Device Logitech DFGT & Steelseries SRW-S1

Hope that's somewhat useful.
How much was that? A notebook with 6g of ram!? :D

Just got this game and having loads of fun with it. Already got the GT5 HUD mod and RSRBR 2015 with the updates and car & track pack. Had a quick go of the 22B at Rally School stage and it is a load of fun!

Next up will be the 2003 WRC Season with me in the 2003 Impreza WRC :D

HUD loosk weird because I'm yet to change the resolution to 1360x768.

Back