RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Cizeta V6T

Tuned to Replicate Cizeta V16T
Comfort Medium to Sports Medium

Matterhorn Short Track_1.jpg

CAR : Cizeta V16T '94
Tire : Comfort Medium to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 552 HP / 560 PS at 7300 RPM
Torque : 543.9 ft-lb at 5000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 95.3%
Weight: 1795 kg
Ballast : 155 kg
Ballast Position : 19
Weight Distribution : 40 / 60
Performance Points: 531

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Aero Kits Type A ( OPTIONAL )
Rear Wing : Special Wing Type A
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Stock

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission

Suspension - Koni Racing Spring/Damper
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 85 115
Spring Rate: 8.93 10.20
Dampers (Compression): 5 7
Dampers (Extension): 8 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 2
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.0
Toe Angle: 0.12 0.24

USE STOCK or
DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - ZF 5 Speed With Optional Final 4.110 + Twin Plate Racing Clutch

Set Default
Use Default Final
Set Auto Max Speed to 400kmh / 250mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.420
2nd 1.610
3rd 1.140
4th 0.846
5th 0.704
Set Final Gear : 4.110

LSD - ZF LSD
Initial Torque : 42
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 27

AERO
Front / Rear = 0 / 220

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_3.jpg

Brake Balance:
5/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

A really special build, the Cizeta have been one of my favorite car since GT4, this time I made a build focused on unique handling near the limit. The build used data I gathered, though limited, I tried my best to setup the car to drive like heavy, wide and long wheelbase powerful MR would.
Details of suspension and engine collected from old magazine reviews and interviews with Claudio Zampoli himself.

Cizeta uses race derived design in powertrain arrangement and suspension geometry. The rear has double spring on each wheel with rising rate design. Adjustable anti roll bar on both ends as well as custom spring rate order option available for customer with help of Cizeta factory test driver.
From interview with Mr Zampoli, final drive ratio was 4.110, this is optional with custom transmission. The car also uses twin plate racing style clutch.

I specifically tuned the suspension damper/ARB to give distinct throttle steer and responsive braking turn in, the suspension has been setup to work with the unique LSD setup which focus on race bred response and performance. The base tire is CM, this should reflect closely to the early 90's Michelin Pilot Sport factory tires.

Tested at various tracks, from Bathurst, Brands Hatch, Midfield, Matterhorn Short, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, and Street of Willow.
The car managed 1:46s at Trial Mountain and 28s at Matterhorn Short on CM, stock transmission and clutch.
On Custom Transmission and 4.110 Final, with twin plate clutch, it did 1:26s at Streets of Willow using CM tire.

Replays for 3 of them included, enjoy the view and use them as ghost.

Attachments

• CizetaV16T28sMatterhornShortCM.zip
    175.5 KB · Views: 9
  • CizetaV16T1m46sTrialMountainCM.zip
    389.1 KB · Views: 9
  • CizetaV16T1m26sStreetsWillowCM.zip
    330.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hey there Ridox :). (and other friends :))

I was just trying out your semi-recent 300ZX build. Very nice bud :D:tup:. I spent a lot of time with the "stock" version a few weeks back with the WRS, and would have tried yours back when you posted it. But you posted an F430 right after it and well....you know what happened :drool:.... Anyway good job with it, felt a little looser which helped to rotate the car a bit more. And with the optional viscous LSD, this was able to help run a little faster than I did with the stock one in Roma. Despite only running about 5% of the laps I ran back then, and weighing 78kg more :cool:.

Also I was wondering. Have you ever went back and updated this...
J's RACING HONDA S2000 '06

Tuned to replicate J's Racing S2000 Street/Track- Comfort Soft

CAR : Honda S2000 '06
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 320 PS at 8500 RPM
Torque: 207.7 ft-lb at 7000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1230 kg
Ballast : 73 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 50/50 as stock
Performance Points: 488

GT AUTO
Oil Change
Improve Body Rigidity ( Optional ) - there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Flat Floors Type A
Aero Kits Type B
Rear Wing Generic Type B
Wheels :+1 ( real ) or +2 Inch up - RAYS TE37V or closer to real : RAYS CE28N / RAYS 57Gainer in Bronze/Gold Metallic
Car Paint : New Indy Yellow Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Catalytic Converter Sports
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood

AERO
Downforce Rear : 20

LSD - J's Racing 1.5 way - high preload, 45-25 cam angle
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 17

Suspension :
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 84 84
Spring Rate: 14.88 14.88
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 4 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 0.3 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.16

Transmission :
Set Max Speed to 300 km/h
Set each gear :
1st 3.200
2nd 2.100
3rd 1.575
4th 1.225
5th 1.000
6th 0.850
Set Final Gear : 4.400

Brake Balance :
7/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/2, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes

J's Racing S2000, one of my favorite build, the car has immense grip even on comfort soft, I got David vs Goliath Trophy driving the car to win in Tuned Car Festival IB event. The car is tuned in the way that the driver needs to be in total control of the car at all times, smooth steering, braking and throttle are a must. Avoid curb and grass, these will unsettled the car greatly. The real car has a lot more stiffer spring rate at 20kg/mm all around, but the GT6 version is still a bad boy at close to 15kg/mm :D
Raced and tested at Apricot Hill, Bathurst, Cape Ring Full, Brands Hatch GP, and Tsukuba. Enjoy the Honda GRIP MACHINE :cheers:

UPDATE :

Use the power limiter to reduce power to 280PS ( the J's F22C tuned engine ranged from 280 to 320PS - depend on tuning stage )

Tune updated to get closer to real life spec, it might be more extreme to drive now :)

UPDATE 1.04 : Improved damper, LSD initial preload and increased ride height by 10mm to improve stability.
...with let's say a more realistic wheel alignment package, since PD "Fixed" such things?
I do like this and could make some personal changes, but I thought I'd ask just in case :).

Last edited:
Hey there Ridox :). (and other friends :))

I was just trying out your semi-recent 300ZX build. Very nice bud :D:tup:. I spent a lot of time with the "stock" version a few weeks back with the WRS, and would have tried yours back when you posted it. But you posted an F430 right after it and well....you know what happened :drool:.... Anyway good job with it, felt a little looser which helped to rotate the car a bit more. And with the optional viscous LSD, this was able to help run a little faster than I did with the stock one in Roma. Despite only running about 5% of the laps I ran back then, and weighing 78kg more :cool:.

Also I was wondering. Have you ever went back and updated this...
...with let's say a more realistic wheel alignment package, since PD "Fixed" such things?
I do like this and could make some personal changes, but I thought I'd ask just in case : ).

Nice lap with the 300ZX with more weight :D if you like the Fairlady, I think the TVR ( both Tamora and Tuscan ) would be enjoyable as well, and don't forget the new M4 Dyno spec :D
I will revisit the J'Racing S2000, I may use alignment from Spoon S2000, will do some testing :)

Nice lap with the 300ZX with more weight :D if you like the Fairlady, I think the TVR ( both Tamora and Tuscan ) would be enjoyable as well, and don't forget the new M4 Dyno spec :D
I'll check those out 👍. Don't think I've spent much time in any of those in the game :embarrassed:.

I will revisit the J'Racing S2000, I may use alignment from Spoon S2000, will do some testing :)
Outstanding! I thank you :bowdown::cheers:.

Specs

GT AUTO
Oil Change
Improve Body Rigidity ( Optional ) - there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Flat Floors Type A
Aero Kits Type B
Rear Wing Generic Type B
Wheels :+1 ( real ) or +2 Inch up - RAYS TE37V or closer to real : RAYS CE28N / RAYS 57Gainer in Bronze/Gold Metallic

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood

AERO

Suspension :
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 3.5 3.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.28

Transmission :
Set each gear :
1st 3.200
2nd 2.100
3rd 1.575
4th 1.225
5th 1.000
6th 0.850
Set Final Gear : 4.400 or OPTIONAL 5.000

Brake Balance :
7/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/2, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes

J's Racing S2000, one of my favorite build, the car has immense grip even on comfort soft, I got David vs Goliath Trophy driving the car to win in Tuned Car Festival IB event. The car is tuned in the way that the driver needs to be in total control of the car at all times, smooth steering, braking and throttle are a must. Avoid curb and grass, these will unsettled the car greatly. The real car has a lot more stiffer spring rate at 20kg/mm all around, but the GT6 version is still a bad boy at close to 15kg/mm :D
Raced and tested at Apricot Hill, Bathurst, Cape Ring Full, Brands Hatch GP, and Tsukuba. Enjoy the Honda GRIP MACHINE :cheers:

UPDATE :

Use the power limiter to reduce power to 280PS ( the J's F22C tuned engine ranged from 280 to 320PS - depend on tuning stage )

Tune updated to get closer to real life spec, it might be more extreme to drive now :)

UPDATE 1.04 : Improved damper, LSD initial preload and increased ride height by 10mm to improve stability.

UPDATE 2016 Dec : Updated camber/toe ( using typical real life alignment for track racing ), ARB tweaked to suit. Added optional final drive 5.000 for low/med speed track. Tested at Trial Mountain and Deep Forest with 5.000 final. Able to lap 1:41s on CS tire at Trial Mountain, replay included.

@Thorin Cain I have updated the J's Racing S2000, hope it drives well, I included the replay of test lap at Trial Mountain, feel free to try it there :)

Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 Road & Track

Tuned to replicate Corvette ZR1 C6
Comfort Soft

CAR : Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09

Specs
Horsepower: 639 HP / 648 PS at 6500 RPM
Torque : 603.9 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Weight: 1615 kg
Ballast : 107 kg
Ballast Position : -50
Weight Distribution : 52 / 48
Performance Points: 567

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Dark Grey or Solid White or Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Fully Customizable Suspension
Adjustable LSD

Suspension - C6 Front ZR1/FE5-Z06/FE4/ Spring, C6 Rear Z51/FE3 Rear Spring

Front, Rear
Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 9.48 11.52 - OPTIONAL Rear Spring 13.97 ( C6 ZR1/FE5 - Z06/FE4 )
Dampers (Compression): 1 5
Dampers (Extension): 9 9
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3 - Optional 3 2, 2 2, 2 1, and 1 1
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.4
Toe Angle: -0.10 0.10

OPTIONAL ARB : 3 2 or 2 2 for tracks with high speed curve and sweeper - Grand Valley Speedway etc, 2 2 ARB gives neutral balance on most situation, while 3 2 is aimed towards stability.
You can run even lower ARB if you can manage more lateral load changes, 1 1 or 2 1 gives more lively car, looser on entry and exit.

LSD - GM PosiTraction
Rear
Initial Torque : 18
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
7/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 7/8, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The C6 ZR1 is based on Road & Track test data, and for this build, I intentionally used different rear spring from FE3 ( softer ), the original FE4/FE5 rear spring also included as optional. The damper also has been intentionally setup to give distinct handling :)

The real life Tsukuba best lap at 1:02.7s was recorded in a race in Best Motoring video feature. The ZR1 was capable of 1:02.1s offline on CS, replay included, and enjoy the awesome ZR1.

UPDATE 2016 Dec : Added optional lower ARB for tracks with high speed curve, sweepers and requires less tight balance. Tested at Grand Valley Speedway, ARB 3 2 and 2 2, both drives remarkably well.

Updated the C6 ZR1 build, added optional ARB.

Hello Ridox and friends!
Since I've been seducted by the replicas things, I've spend the last weeks mounting, testing and running seasonals with it.
I'm just finishing the Lexus LFA BASE Standard Model 2010 - 2012 from page 103.
I'm collecting all GT6 colours, having 2413 paint chips. As I don't have the Spectrum White Pearl I'm curious to know in wich dealership I can find it. Any help is wellcome. Thanks!

Hello Ridox and friends!
Since I've been seducted by the replicas things, I've spend the last weeks mounting, testing and running seasonals with it.
I'm just finishing the Lexus LFA BASE Standard Model 2010 - 2012 from page 103.
I'm collecting all GT6 colours, having 2413 paint chips. As I don't have the Spectrum White Pearl I'm curious to know in wich dealership I can find it. Any help is wellcome. Thanks!
I'm pretty sure it's either the Honda CR-Z or Insight :cheers:.

View attachment 92557

Specs

GT AUTO
Oil Change
Flat Floors Type A
Aero Kits Type B
Rear Wing Generic Type B

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood

AERO

Suspension :
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 3.5 3.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.28

Transmission :
Set each gear :
1st 3.200
2nd 2.100
3rd 1.575
4th 1.225
5th 1.000
6th 0.850
Set Final Gear : 4.400 or OPTIONAL 5.000

Brake Balance :

Notes

UPDATE :

UPDATE 2016 Dec : Updated camber/toe ( using typical real life alignment for track racing ), ARB tweaked to suit. Added optional final drive 5.000 for low/med speed track. Tested at Trial Mountain and Deep Forest with 5.000 final. Able to lap 1:41s on CS tire at Trial Mountain, replay included.

The Osaka Street Carver.
I first found this car a while back and found it to be pretty fun, but not the easiest car to drive. Now considering my affinity for the S2000 in general, this was a bit of a shock to the system back then. But still there was something about this car that made me take a closer look and even had this picture as my laptop screensaver for a while....
js_racing_wallpaper2.jpg

It was not until recently that I pulled it back out of the garage (from my collection of about 20 of them so far :lol:) and gave it a spin in a few races.and started to experience some wierd sensations :odd:, seemed like I had a case of the slippery tail more than I seem to remember. So I went back and checked the build sheet to see if I had done something wrong (other than having 1 bhp too much, nope :dopey:) then I noticed it was from the dark old days before the 1.09 physics update 💡. Now that it has been updated to modern spec :lol:, I took it out again as suggested, to Trial Mountain.
Trial Mountain Circuit_6.jpg

I only ran a short session and made a 1:42,2. As usual NO AIDS were used in the laps used and referenced in this bunch of words on a computer screen :P, And for personal tastes BB was set to 2/5 (reduced chance of inside front lock-up on entry and better control of weight transfer in the corners:)).

So how did it go? Well 👍, Noting how super stiff the springs on this car are, I was expecting a bit more bumping around than I experienced, perhaps due to the extra downforce created by the full aerodynamics package, perhaps not. But there was an odd feeling over a few of the bumps around the track, almost a twisting sensation. I put this down to the stiffness of the suspension and perhaps the driver being a little too exuberent :crazy:. Having said that, find the groove with this car and you will love every second of it. considering the aforementioned super-stiff springs and the CS tyre, this car has HUGE grip in the corners. And with the 4.400 final gear, it has more than enough punch out of the corners, I tried the optional 5.000 final too, but didn't like the feel, so stuck the 4.400 back in :). And after a few more laps trying to hit the 41'5 and failing....but hitting plenty of walls :ouch:, I decided to go racing.

Brands Hatch Beginner level Event.
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_4.jpg

If I'm honest, this is an easy win here. Only 10pp off the maximum and well, it's an S2000 :D. After carefully making my way through the really slowly moving baricades in the corners :irked:, I found myself taking the lead right at the end of lap 4 of 5 then managed to hold off the newly inspired challenge from a Lotus and TVR to take the chequered flag.
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_5.jpg

This car is not for the faint of heart though, and as @Ridox2JZGTE say's in his note, this car needs to be driven with full control of every input to get the best out of it :). Something I found out pretty often :(. But it is an emmensly satisfying car to drive and very intuitive to correct in the event of sliding. The wheel alignment changes work for me :D:tup: Thanks again :bowdown: :cheers:

The Osaka Street Carver.
I first found this car a while back and found it to be pretty fun, but not the easiest car to drive. Now considering my affinity for the S2000 in general, this was a bit of a shock to the system back then. But still there was something about this car that made me take a closer look and even had this picture as my laptop screensaver for a while....
View attachment 612806

It was not until recently that I pulled it back out of the garage (from my collection of about 20 of them so far :lol:) and gave it a spin in a few races.and started to experience some wierd sensations :odd:, seemed like I had a case of the slippery tail more than I seem to remember. So I went back and checked the build sheet to see if I had done something wrong (other than having 1 bhp too much, nope :dopey:) then I noticed it was from the dark old days before the 1.09 physics update 💡. Now that it has been updated to modern spec :lol:, I took it out again as suggested, to Trial Mountain.
View attachment 612807

I only ran a short session and made a 1:42,2. As usual NO AIDS were used in the laps used and referenced in this bunch of words on a computer screen :P, And for personal tastes BB was set to 2/5 (reduced chance of inside front lock-up on entry and better control of weight transfer in the corners:)).

So how did it go? Well 👍, Noting how super stiff the springs on this car are, I was expecting a bit more bumping around than I experienced, perhaps due to the extra downforce created by the full aerodynamics package, perhaps not. But there was an odd feeling over a few of the bumps around the track, almost a twisting sensation. I put this down to the stiffness of the suspension and perhaps the driver being a little too exuberent :crazy:. Having said that, find the groove with this car and you will love every second of it. considering the aforementioned super-stiff springs and the CS tyre, this car has HUGE grip in the corners. And with the 4.400 final gear, it has more than enough punch out of the corners, I tried the optional 5.000 final too, but didn't like the feel, so stuck the 4.400 back in :). And after a few more laps trying to hit the 41'5 and failing....but hitting plenty of walls :ouch:, I decided to go racing.

Brands Hatch Beginner level Event.
View attachment 612809
If I'm honest, this is an easy win here. Only 10pp off the maximum and well, it's an S2000 :D. After carefully making my way through the really slowly moving baricades in the corners :irked:, I found myself taking the lead right at the end of lap 4 of 5 then managed to hold off the newly inspired challenge from a Lotus and TVR to take the chequered flag.
View attachment 612808

This car is not for the faint of heart though, and as @Ridox2JZGTE say's in his note, this car needs to be driven with full control of every input to get the best out of it :). Something I found out pretty often :(. But it is an emmensly satisfying car to drive and very intuitive to correct in the event of sliding. The wheel alignment changes work for me :D:tup: Thanks again :bowdown: :cheers:

Nice write up :cheers:, regarding the twisting sensation over bumps, that may be a combination or one of these : the low ARB, caster/camber change, bump steer ( toe change ) effect and chassis flex effect-lowest probability, the car has flat floor which gives huge grip boost ( more load towards the ground on all tires ) even on low speed. Did you feel the steering moves by itself when you feel the twisting sensation as you go over bumps ? Try raise the ride height by 10mm and then by 20mm, see if you feel the same over the bumps.

The Trial Mountain lap time is great at 1:42s with 4.400 final. About the 5.000 final, why didn't you like it ?

Anyway, really happy that you find the car enjoyable, satisfying and intuitive to correct :)

I'm going to find time to post more cars, I have 2 high PP cars coming ( both premium ) and some standard cars :lol: :D

Last edited:
Nice write up :cheers:, regarding the twisting sensation over bumps, that may be a combination or one of these : the low ARB, caster/camber change, bump steer ( toe change ) effect and chassis flex effect-lowest probability, the car has flat floor which gives huge grip boost ( more load towards the ground on all tires ) even on low speed. Did you feel the steering moves by itself when you feel the twisting sensation as you go over bumps ? Try raise the ride height by 10mm and then by 20mm, see if you feel the same over the bumps.

The Trial Mountain lap time is great at 1:42s with 4.400 final. About the 5.000 final, why didn't you like it ?

Anyway, really happy that you find the car enjoyable, satisfying and intuitive to correct :)

I'm going to find time to post more cars, I have 2 high PP cars coming ( both premium ) and some standard cars :lol: :D
Thank you :cheers:

The twisting was most noticable exiting the final turn at Trial Mountain for me. It was just as I was straightening up and positioned astride the white line near the pit wall. I know there is a camber change in the track there and this is what was causing the bump :). The car did try to steer to one side at this point, seemed like the front wanted to tuck for a very small moment under compression :confused:

As for the 5.000 final gear. Felt like I had less overall control during cornering, mostly on entry. It wasn't causing any undue wheelspin (might even have had less chance of causing it in some cases :crazy:) and it did improve straight line acceleration. I just prefered how the car felt before the change :).
:cheers:

Last edited:
Thank you :cheers:

The twisting was most noticable exiting the final turn at Trial Mountain for me. It was just as I was straightening up and positioned astride the white line near the pit wall. I know there is a camber change in the track there and this is what was causing the bump :). The car did try to steer to one side at this point, seemed like the front wanted to tuck for a very small moment under compression :confused:

As for the 5.000 final gear. Felt like I had less overall control during cornering, mostly on entry. It wasn't causing any undue wheelspin (might even have had less chance of causing it in some cases :crazy:) and it did improve straight line acceleration. I just prefered how the car felt before the change :).
:cheers:

Seems like dynamic changes in suspension in that area, it can upset the car, especially on RWD with lower grip tire and lots of power :D
The lower final may cause a little difference in how the LSD react to throttle, off throttle and braking.

Alright, I recently play around with video cutter, a free one, and made a short video about RUF CTR :
A simple video montage taken from Best Motoring episode revolving around RUF and Ferrari, but this one is solely dedicated for CTR :

Notice how firm the suspension/damper of CTR ( minimal body movement ), how the driver can push ( brake ) hard on the touge, the control of steering ( self centering ), throttle response on wet skidpad, the stability under heavy braking/lift off from high speed ( 150km ) to dead stop while turning. Most games never got this right, they are all often go for the infamous widow killer behavior in physics, trying to mimic Stefan Roser show boating at Green Hell and made it signature traits in games ( exaggerating weight transfer ) then branded it as realistic rendition :D Don't miss the last part, Dyno session report, RUF CTR fly by with Ferrari F40.

Last edited:
Seems like dynamic changes in suspension in that area, it can upset the car, especially on RWD with lower grip tire and lots of power :D
The lower final may cause a little difference in how the LSD react to throttle, off throttle and braking.

Alright, I recently play around with video cutter, a free one, and made a short video about RUF CTR :
A simple video montage taken from Best Motoring episode revolving around RUF and Ferrari, but this one is solely dedicated for CTR :

Notice how firm the suspension/damper of CTR ( minimal body movement ), how the driver can push ( brake ) hard on the touge, the control of steering ( self centering ), throttle response on wet skidpad, the stability under heavy braking/lift off from high speed ( 150km ) to dead stop while turning. Most games never got this right, they are all often go for the infamous widow killer behavior in physics, trying to mimic Stefan Roser show boating at Green Hell and made it signature traits in games ( exaggerating weight transfer ) then branded it as realistic rendition :D Don't miss the last part, Dyno session report, RUF CTR fly by with Ferrari F40.

So you must have driven the YB in all the current sims to know be able to make such a blanket statement as, "most games never got this right". So what's your impression of the YB in AC, PCars, Forza 6 etc. Can you post a video compilation of you driving the YB in some of those games? Are you playing them on pc or XBone/PS4:D?

So you must have driven the YB in all the current sims to know be able to make such a blanket statement as, "most games never got this right". So what's your impression of the YB in AC, PCars, Forza 6 etc. Can you post a video compilation of you driving the YB in some of those games? Are you playing them on pc or XBone/PS4:D?
Or this from panjandrum,who actually drives rear engined Porsche's.
Whitestar
Maybe a silly question, but do you think it's easier to go the other way – from sim to real – than from real to sim? When just looking at the driving learning curve I mean.
If my experience is a guide (but remember a sample-size of 1 isn't exactly scientific...) then I would say it would probably be easier to go from SIM -> RL than the other way around. I think it might be an advantage to SIM racers NOT to need to rely on real-world sensations. Once you get used to those sensations, you might "need" them to get maximum performance, I certainly do. I actually started SIM racing and amateur motorsports almost simultaneously and found that the skills in each one complimented each other (early GT4 era). I turned out to have "a really good butt" and extremely good car-control in my RL motorsports (back when we were still doing endurance karting for example, I was always the person hoping for rain because I was suddenly 2 or 3 seconds a lap faster than nearly anyone else there, even if the same people were faster in the dry. I could drive lap after lap after lap after lap consistently and quickly because I can "absolutely feel the limits of the car (or kart)" for lack of a better term). The result is that I have continued to get better and better IRL, but hit a noticeable plateau in SIM racing several years back that it looks like I'll never be able to overcome (I no-longer get any faster in SIM racing, no matter how much I practice). Without being able to feel the real forces I just can't push as hard as I can IRL. I have to drive somewhat conservatively in the SIM world, whereas I can push right up to that ragged edge IRL and pretty happily hang out there. No amount of wheel FFB, audio or visual cues can adequately replace real-world forces. I'm definitely a "middle of the pack" SIM racer. IRL I'm quite a bit better than that.

But I once again digress. Here is what I think is important:

Make sure the SIM(s) you are using ACCURATELY represent the car you drive IRL as much as possible. Muscle-memory is really important to this type of endeavor. If your SIM has been teaching you the wrong things, that's going to be very bad IRL. The two need to match. I had to completely stop driving anything rear-engined in GT5 and GT6 because those sims were so bad they were actually interfering with skills I had already learned IRL (unlike GT4, which actually did a pretty good job). Muscle-memory; it's a powerful thing.

Or another little post of his.
Biggles
I just gave the Yellowbird in PCars a try after a few months & then drove the YB in AC. It's an interesting comparison. The YB's certainly not easy to drive in PCars - you don't feel the weight transfer as viscerally, but you still have to work hard to balance the car. There's always the feeling in PCars that as you get close to the limit some strange, unrealistic grip sets in & undermines the realism of the physics. It feels like the YB doesn't have this effect - it requires some concentration to keep on the track.

Anyone else want to try a back-back comparison?
I've already done some comparisons (and written them up elsewhere here on gtplanet, if you want to bother looking.) The TLDR version is simply this: in PCars, the YB feels nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, like real rear-engined Porsches of the era (which I drive in amateur motorsports). FFB is totally wrong, there is almost zero weight-transfer, and my control-inputs do not in any way provide control of the in-game car like they do in RL. Basically, put me in the YB in PCars and I find it close to impossible to drive, because I know how these cars drive, and it's simply 100% wrong in PCars, so my muscle-memory is of zero use. On a scale of 1-10 I rate PCars a 1 in simulating a rear-engined Porsche (even GT4 is much, much, much, much better). On the other hand, the opposite is true in AC in all cases. The FFB provides me with incredibly familiar feedback compared to a RL Porsche, and my control inputs are accurately modeled to the car in-game. My muscle-memory moves seamlessly between RL machine and virtual machine in Assetto Corsa. Basically, AC is far and away the best SIM I've felt to-date at getting these rear-engined machines modeled correctly. I rate AC a 9 out of 10 in this regard.

:lol: I'm not going to entertain you Johnny and Jimbag, you can drive the YB, make your own judgment, I'll keep mine.

The real life video speaks for itself, what games can do, people will always have different say ( for example all games never got CTR power/weight/distribution right-according what real car have )
Like FFB, I'm not impressed with AC, but you guys may praise it. ( I'm not going to waste time share it, I only share with someone else here in conversation, someone I can trust )

I never thought I'm going to say this, I prefer to be blunt, I'm annoyed, you two are :bowdown: unbelievable, but :cool: I've dealt with things like these in my line of work.

Last edited:
:lol: I'm not going to entertain you Johnny and Jimbag, you can drive the YB, make your own judgment, I'll keep mine.

The real life video speaks for itself, what games can do, people will always have different say ( for example all games never got CTR power/weight/distribution right-according what real car have )
Like FFB, I'm not impressed with AC, but you guys may praise it. ( I'm not going to waste time share it, I only share with someone else here in conversation, someone I can trust )

I never thought I'm going to say this, I prefer to be blunt, I'm annoyed, you two are :bowdown: unbelievable, but :cool: I've dealt with things like these in my line of work.
I'm assuming you read the bold parts. Their not my statements. It's posted by someone who actually drives the cars in real life! I'd take his thoughts and posting to mean something.

Saying most games didn't get the YB right implies that you've played those games extensively but, of course, you haven't, and are relying on trolling sites like PRC and internet videos for your information. You're not impressed with the FFB on AC after supposedly playing for a couple of hours on a system you won't reveal, with a wheel you won't mention. Right. The vast majority of the world praises the FFB of AC, even it's detractors, but you've got all the answers after a couple of hours test session with a mystery wheel and mystery system. Right.

I'm assuming you read the bold parts. Their not my statements. It's posted by someone who actually drives the cars in real life! I'd take his thoughts and posting to mean something.

No, they don't. I don't know any of these guys long enough or close enough to trust what they said, nor should you to take my words.

Saying most games didn't get the YB right implies that you've played those games extensively but, of course, you haven't, and are relying on trolling sites like PRC and internet videos for your information. You're not impressed with the FFB on AC after supposedly playing for a couple of hours on a system you won't reveal, with a wheel you won't mention. Right. The vast majority of the world praises the FFB of AC, even it's detractors, but you've got all the answers after a couple of hours test session with a mystery wheel and mystery system. Right.

My opinion and views are my own, based on my life experience, whether you believe what I said, it's up to you, none of my concern. Do I keep on quoting specific someone like you and jimbag did to me ? No, I don't care what you believe or what you like or what you hate, you can mock GT6 or any other racing games all day, you can compare me to Praiano or Hami like jimbag did several times, no problemo.

As I said earlier, I won't share with people like you, I already talked about this with someone else from here in conversation and he's not responding like you guys did.

Here's my last words for you and jimbag : The FFB in games, none of them can satisfy my criteria yet, there's always something that made me thought, this isn't what I expected ( car reaction, steering movement/forces, tire and LSD dynamics ) I'm not impressed with AC, that does not mean I hate it. I simply viewed it as overrated vs what I have heard and read. I simply expected more after so many praises from AC threads here, maybe too much :P.

When someone is not impressed with something, does he has to write lengthy essay with videos etc just to satisfy people like you questioning it, sorry, no. And on the contrary, I'm not going to ask you or jimbag to explain in details with videos about how wonderful AC is in physics and FFB, including real life comparison, data analysis, telemetry, detailed suspension dynamics, LSD simulation etc. I'm not that petty.

I opened this garage as a form of protest to PD, for many things wrong about the cars in the game, hence why I tuned them, make corrections on specs, alignment etc. I don't do these to make a name or show GT6 is great. My work here shows that GT6 cars needs a lot of work.

No, they don't. I don't know any of these guys long enough or close enough to trust what they said, nor should you to take my words.

My opinion and views are my own, based on my life experience, whether you believe what I said, it's up to you, none of my concern. Do I keep on quoting specific someone like you and jimbag did to me ? No, I don't care what you believe or what you like or what you hate, you can mock GT6 or any other racing games all day, you can compare me to Praiano or Hami like jimbag did several times, no problemo.

As I said earlier, I won't share with people like you, I already talked about this with someone else from here in conversation and he's not responding like you guys did.

Here's my last words for you and jimbag : The FFB in games, none of them can satisfy my criteria yet, there's always something that made me thought, this isn't what I expected ( car reaction, steering movement/forces, tire and LSD dynamics ) I'm not impressed with AC, that does not mean I hate it. I simply viewed it as overrated vs what I have heard and read. I simply expected more after so many praises from AC threads here, maybe too much :P.

When someone is not impressed with something, does he has to write lengthy essay with videos etc just to satisfy people like you questioning it, sorry, no. And on the contrary, I'm not going to ask you or jimbag to explain in details with videos about how wonderful AC is in physics and FFB, including real life comparison, data analysis, telemetry, detailed suspension dynamics, LSD simulation etc. I'm not that petty.

I opened this garage as a form of protest to PD, for many things wrong about the cars in the game, hence why I tuned them, make corrections on specs, alignment etc. I don't do these to make a name or show GT6 is great. My work here shows that GT6 cars needs a lot of work.
Nice speech, but doesn't change the fact that you are drawing conclusions about games that you don't play. On it's face, it's a ridiculous position by itself and people are routinely called out on GTP, and rightfully so, when they make grand pronouncements about games based on YT videos or their "friend" who plays the game, or worse, read about something on a known trolling website like PRC, someone I know you're a huge fan of because you put up links to his "articles" all the time. But coming from someone who supposedly is a fan of the genre and has the technical knowledge you supposedly do, is even more ridiculous. No true fan of the genre would be constantly trashing a released game, that's been on the market for months or years (pc), without having played the game extensively. Nobody cares what games anyone likes or plays, everyone has personal preferences and most of us can have a reasonable discussion, most of the time, when we're all on the same page, ie., all playing the same game. But you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time, trying to point out flaws in games you don't play and have no connection with whatsoever, disagreeing with people that have hundreds and hundreds of hours playing the same game and are familiar with all it's intricacies. Even going so far as to disrespect the opinions of people who own similar cars in real life, giving their impressions of a particular car or game. And somehow you expect your opinions to be taken seriously...without owning or playing the game.

Nice speech, but doesn't change the fact that you are drawing conclusions about games that you don't play. On it's face, it's a ridiculous position by itself and people are routinely called out on GTP, and rightfully so, when they make grand pronouncements about games based on YT videos or their "friend" who plays the game, or worse, read about something on a known trolling website like PRC, someone I know you're a huge fan of because you put up links to his "articles" all the time. But coming from someone who supposedly is a fan of the genre and has the technical knowledge you supposedly do, is even more ridiculous. No true fan of the genre would be constantly trashing a released game, that's been on the market for months or years (pc), without having played the game extensively. Nobody cares what games anyone likes or plays, everyone has personal preferences and most of us can have a reasonable discussion, most of the time, when we're all on the same page, ie., all playing the same game. But you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time, trying to point out flaws in games you don't play and have no connection with whatsoever, disagreeing with people that have hundreds and hundreds of hours playing the same game and are familiar with all it's intricacies. Even going so far as to disrespect the opinions of people who own similar cars in real life, giving their impressions of a particular car or game. And somehow you expect your opinions to be taken seriously...without owning or playing the game.

I don't care what you think of me, nor do I care if you care about my opinion, I've said what I think on my previous post. Throughout GTP, only you 2, jimbag and johhnypenso cared enough to go here on my thread to keep on trying to piss me off, good luck with that. Ain't going to fly, I'm not easily rage quit like some other people do. Feel free to quote me again and say the same thing over and over again.

I don't care what you think of me, nor do I care if you care about my opinion, I've said what I think on my previous post. Throughout GTP, only you 2, jimbag and johhnypenso cared enough to go here on my thread to keep on trying to piss me off, good luck with that. Ain't going to fly, I'm not easily rage quit like some other people do. Feel free to quote me again and say the same thing over and over again.
Obviously, everything I said went right over your head:D. I don't want you to rage quit, I think you have been, and can continue to be, a valuable resource to the community. This garage is proof of that. But spending time trashing games you don't play, making pronouncements on game physics and car behaviour based on YT videos or trolling websites, for games you don't play, really only makes you and you alone look bad, and it's the reason why many of us don't take you seriously any more. It's too bad really. You have a lot to contribute, but it's mostly overshadowed.

What, so a guy who races Porsche,who owns AC and PCARS and GT5 and 6, states that FFB on AC and physics is a 9 out of 10. He drives those cars in real life. Something, I'm pretty sure none of us do. He said PCARS is wrong.He said GT5 and 6 were terrible. I'm pretty sure he's correct.

What, so a guy who races Porsche,who owns AC and PCARS and GT5 and 6, states that FFB on AC and physics is a 9 out of 10. He drives those cars in real life. Something, I'm pretty sure none of us do. He said PCARS is wrong.He said GT5 and 6 were terrible. I'm pretty sure he's correct.
Stepping line of fire.. :) but going away.. Lol

Just by curiosity did one quick "correction" for GT6 YB, could you ask that guy who owns GT6 and Porsche to test how does it feel?
Setup on video description.

Back