Rinoseat - What Happened??

• Thread starter mchye2
  • 672 comments
Ofcourse it's gonna be painted :) These are just some poor photos. I think it will be beautiful in the end - seat already looks really good. And it looks quite small, yes...but that's a good thing if you don't have much space. They say it will be comfortable for taller people too. Well...let's wait and see...

I couldnt see the pics in the link but a quick search online and the concept looks pretty good. Seems reasonably adjustable and fairly compact.

What's this? Is no one excited about this cockpit? I find it very innovative with it's light-weight design and I think it will be a great solution for many people who want something compact for their living room. I can't wait to see it finished.

It looks alright, the Obutto is in a great price range but too big for my space, this will come in at 369€ apparently.

I think the price is 299€ + 50€ shipping and you can pick various colors. I'm sure we'll get more info as soon as they start shipping them out.

Ok? Are you saying my "request" isn't realistic?

The same as my

If someone sold the new Porsche 911 997 without the seat for $10.000 I'd buy it.

Realistic is the only recorded crash test (some things seem impossible) and test of future customers.

I think it's not realistic. Try to find someone who will make you a strong aluminum frame for 50$ :)

Please elaborate why.

I personally like how compact it looks. Also like the low seat similar to my Bavarian E46 :)

I think it's not realistic. Try to find someone who will make you a strong aluminum frame for 50$ :)

IMO that aluminum frame isn't that strong, look at that shifter video. When they moved it to the side, the frame tipped to one side, I'm sure the Obutto doesn't tip over when you move the shifter to the side.

I am comparing this to the Obutto since it's in like the 360€ price range. If they made this like...... €250 without shipping, this would be a good partnering with that Fanatec Carrera Wheel for GT5. An entry cheap rig that is small so if you don't have space for a full size rig, you can have this.

You are confusing strength and weigth. It is relatively easy to tip it to one side, when noone is seating in it, because it is light, but otherwise it seems strong (noghing moves or bends). And IMO it should be very stable when you are sitting in it and no outside forces are present.
You want a cockpit to be light, so you can move it easily. If it weights 50kg, it is more or less a real estate.

You are confusing strength and weigth. It is relatively easy to tip it to one side, when noone is seating in it, because it is light, but otherwise it seems strong (noghing moves or bends). And IMO it should be very stable when you are sitting in it and no outside forces are present.
You want a cockpit to be light, so you can move it easily. If it weights 50kg, it is more or less a real estate.

True and yes it should be stable with one sitting in it but what would you rather get for 350€ (pretend space isn't an issue) an Obutto which has a Im not sure real but more authentic and a monitor stand.

Or the Rinoseat....... I could buy this as I like the concept, light, compact and stable. But the price is just too much for what it is. It uses less material than the Obutto, yet it is on par price-wise?

I agree it depends on your needs, preferences and space. For me for example an Obutto is a no go, because it takes way too much space and is too heavy. On the other hand Rinoseat looks like agood option for any living room and if it tuns out it's high quality (for now it looks like it is), than why not. I uses less material, but is more sophisticated and crafstmanship seems top notch. It's all about the user experience and if it feels good once you're in it, you probably don't want it to be any bigger than it needs to be.
Let's wait and see. BTW: I'm quite impressed by the shifter holder - aluminum + CNC = good :)

IMO that aluminum frame isn't that strong, look at that shifter video. When they moved it to the side, the frame tipped to one side

The frame tipped to one side, because no one sits in it. See again.

I am comparing this to the Obutto since it's in like the 360€ price range. If they made this like...... €250 without shipping, this would be a good partnering with that Fanatec Carrera Wheel for GT5. An entry cheap rig that is small so if you don't have space for a full size rig, you can have this.

What are you talking?

You just saw a nice shifter holder for the fanatec shifter on rinoseat, which obutto has no, and then continue talking negatively about rinoseat.

Why is 50kg of steel more valuable then 10kg of aluminium?

Why Fanatec Carrera Wheel for rinoseat?

Rinoseat has the shifter holder for Fanatec, Obbuto no!

I guess you thought, Fanatec Carrera Wheel for Obbuto.

You can simply say: "This is the first very strenght and nice designed aluminium cockpit with an affordable price, but my Obbuto is better for me."

Simply, is not?

We live in 21 century and everything goes away, the home cockpit also.

The only question is how, when and where.

Because this site&forum is nice and i love it.

The frame tipped to one side, because no one sits in it. See again.

What are you talking?

You just saw a nice shifter holder for the fanatec shifter on rinoseat, which obutto has no, and then continue talking negatively about rinoseat.

Why is 50kg of steel more valuable then 10kg of aluminium?

Why Fanatec Carrera Wheel for rinoseat?

Rinoseat has the shifter holder for Fanatec, Obbuto no!

I guess you thought, Fanatec Carrera Wheel for Obbuto.

You can simply say: "This is the first very strenght and nice designed aluminium cockpit with an affordable price, but my Obbuto is better for me."

Simply, is not?

We live in 21 century and everything goes away, the home cockpit also.

The only question is how, when and where.

Because this site&forum is nice and i love it.

I know that noone is sitting in it, BTW I don't own an Obutto, yes the Obutto doesn't have the great Fanatec shifter mount that Rinoseat have madee. I said Fanatec Carrera because they aren't aiming this at the top wallet people who can afford that Racestar ConverTTable, but those who are on a budget.

As I said, the concept is nice, but for what it is priced at, the Obutto is a wiser buy (if you have the space of course) I never said that I have the Obutto and I compared them because price wise, they are the same.

Last edited:
I know that noone is sitting in, BTW I don't own an Obutto, yes the Obutto doesn't have the Fanatec shifter mount which is great. I said Fanatec Carrera because they aren't aiiming this at the top wallet people who can afford that Racestar ConverTTable but those who are on a budget.

As I said, the concept is nice, but for what it is priced at, the Obutto is a wiser buy (if you have the space of course) I never said that I have the Obutto and I compared them bcause price wise, they are the same.

I think that you here compare

strong, lightweight, fast
ferrari-california.jpg

strong, heavy, not so fast
2005_chrysler_300c_srt8_06_m.jpg

Both are good, but in my dreams is just one. ;)

Well I'm soon going to E-mail Rinoseat. I have a few questions.

But I love how they took flaws with the old Rinoseat (e.g the frame being so weak that it shakes under FFB effects) now its you get the FFB feeling from the wheel to your seat. But I am strongly considering this.

It says

“So what if you don't have much space? A wheelstand is nothing like a racing rig, so those with limited space should experience a rig aswell”

Im gonna e-mail about some queries that I have.

Well I'm soon going to E-mail Rinoseat. I have a few questions.
You might post up your reply from Rinoseat when you get it. The GTR seat looks good, although I wasn't sure about their payment methods or delivery timescale(I live in Ireland) when I mailed them.

Back