Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

I had a 1:55.7 practicing and that wasn't trying any low fuel runs. I tried for a quicker fast lap a couple of times but didn't improve.
As far as manual shifting, with the weird physics in GTS you will find that it sometimes helps to downshift to a lower gear than you need for a corner then upshift at the apex before getting back on the gas. Upshifting isn't real critical either, sometimes my wheel goes up 2 gears instead of just the one that I shift for but it doesn't slow my lap time at all.
I was more or less amused that you managed to and exact 1:56.000 lap. And the it ended as the fastest lap. Looks more like a time to beat in one of Gran Turismo's license tests than real lap time.

I have shifted down too far accidentally on numerous occasions. Or have forgotten to downshift entirely. I still haven't completely developed my second nature for it yet. I find a car may wheel hop on you. If you shift down to far.

I have gotten the benefits of better fuel mileage also immediately but, I still not faster than I was with automatic shifting after about 4 months. I'm not even to where I was. My Sport Mode driver rating is almost one grade lower than I was with automatic shifting. I was a low B now I'm a low C driver rating.

I was more or less amused that you managed to and exact 1:56.000 lap. And the it ended as the fastest lap. Looks more like a time to beat in one of Gran Turismo's license tests than real lap time.

I have shifted down too far accidentally on numerous occasions. Or have forgotten to downshift entirely. I still haven't completely developed my second nature for it yet. I find a car may wheel hop on you. If you shift down to far.

I have gotten the benefits of better fuel mileage also immediately but, I still not faster than I was with automatic shifting after about 4 months. I'm not even to where I was. My Sport Mode driver rating is almost one grade lower than I was with automatic shifting. I was a low B now I'm a low C driver rating.

Yeah, I thought that 1:56.000 was pretty cool, but not until my anger settled that it wasn't a 1:55 something lap.

Really, winning by 58.975 seconds over 2nd place in only hour and a half wasn't enough for you?

I didn't realize what the gap was, I was busy paying attention to my driving. I was a little deflated that you gave up and slowed to let me pass, I was having fun trying to chase you down, a little wheel to wheel would have been fun. After the 2nd or 3rd lap the only time I saw other cars was when they had trouble.

I didn't realize what the gap was, I was busy paying attention to my driving. I was a little deflated that you gave up and slowed to let me pass, I was having fun trying to chase you down, a little wheel to wheel would have been fun. After the 2nd or 3rd lap the only time I saw other cars was when they had trouble.
I didn't have pace or time to catch rhcpeppers or Jarkulary without one of them making a major mistake. And Toxic Bacon was a several laps down. I had no reason to contest the spot.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@racefan88 @ToxicBacon @john_ydg @Pixteca @Racer283 @Bruins4Life

The pole for the move of our Mixed Class Special at Sarthe No Chicane will end Saturday. After that the move will become official for the majority voted date.

Current Poll Standings

July 24th 3 votes
Neutral 2 votes
May 29th 0 votes

The BOP reference to list for the Mixed Class Special will be posted shortly once I finish organizing it and decide where to place it in the main form. You will be required to Manually apply the BOP Regulations for your ride.

This race will be open entry for which Class you chose to race in. Meaning you won't have to use your regular season ride for this special. Tuning will also be unlocked for this race. So you be able to adjust your car for top speed on the that very long straight.

Even though this is meant as a exhibition race. Since I can't offer a large game credit or cash payout. There will be a small bonus points payout for the top 3 finishers of both Classes. These bonus points will still count even if you don't miss 2 races.

Last edited:
PSN: MrTKS17
Gr.4: Manthey Racing | Cayman Clubsport
Welcome to the league. This is a pretty leisurely. No team names required. As along as your livery won't make someone mad at us. I don't care what you run.

We run Gr.3 and Gr4 races on an alternating schedule. Though there will be a Mixed Gr.3 / Gr.4 Special at Sarthe No Chicane in the summer. No tuning for regular season races.

There is a limit 2 cars per car model.
Your Gr.3 and Gr4 cars classes do not from the same manufacturer. In your case both Gr.3 Porsche entries are claimed. You may freely change to any available car until your first start with that Class. After your first race you must car change with the my Car Change Policy applied.

This series Schedule runs by Eastern US Time. What time Zone are you in?

Anyways do you have any idea what Gr.3 car you would like yet? The next Gr.3 race isn't until July 10th. So no rush.

Unavailable Car List

Gr.3 Class
Mercedes AMG
Porsche 911

Gr.4 Class
Dodge Viper
Ferrari 458
Lamborghini Huracan

Last edited:
Welcome to the league. This is a pretty leisurely. No team names required. As along as your livery won't make someone mad at us. I don't care what you run.

We run Gr.3 and Gr4 races on an alternating schedule. Though there will be a Mixed Gr.3 / Gr.4 Special at Sarthe No Chicane in the summer. No tuning for regular season races.

There is a limit 2 cars per car model.
Your Gr.3 and Gr4 cars classes do not from the same manufacturer. In your case both Gr.3 Porsche entries are claimed. You may freely change to any available car until your first start with that Class. After your first race you must car change with the my Car Change Policy applied.

This series Schedule runs by Eastern US Time. What time Zone are you in?

Anyways do you have any idea what Gr.3 car you would like yet? The next Gr.3 race isn't until July 10th. So no rush.

Unavailable Car List

Gr.3 Class
Mercedes AMG
Porsche 911

Gr.4 Class
Dodge Viper
Ferrari 458
Lamborghini Huracan

I will have the McLaren F1 GTR, thank you. My time zone is GMT.

Last edited:
I will have the McLaren F1 GTR, thank you. My time zone is GMT.
So that would be western Europe correct? Assuming you're Country practices Daylight Savings time.

For you the race lobbies will at 11:30 pm and Qualifying / Race will Start 12:30 am.

Then I guess we are teams in Gr.3 class.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

The pole for the move of our Mixed Class Special at Sarthe No Chicane will end Saturday. After that the move will become official for the majority voted date.

Current Pole Standings

July 24th 3 votes
Neutral 2 votes
May 29th 0 votes

The BOP reference to list for the Mixed Class Special will be posted shortly once I finish organizing it and decide where to place it in the main form. You will be required to Manually apply the BOP Regulations for your ride.

This race will be open entry for which Class you chose to race in. Meaning you won't have to use your regular season ride for this special. Tuning will also be unlocked for this race. So you be able to adjust your car for top speed on the that very long straight.

Even though this is meant as a exhibition race. Since I can't offer a large game credit or cash payout. There will be a small bonus points payout for the top 3 finishers of both Classes. These bonus points will still count even if you don't miss 2 races.

It took me a minute to figure out that I wasn't missing some qualifying for Sarthe.

Pole=#1 qualifier, telephone pole

Poll=questionnaire to determine order/popularity amongst a group

It took me a minute to figure out that I wasn't missing some qualifying for Sarthe.

Pole=#1 qualifier, telephone pole

Poll=questionnaire to determine order/popularity amongst a group
Yeah well I never said English was best subject. It's a stupid and confusing language away. Three damn spellings for the same sound. Silent letters that don't need to be there. We couldn't just those symbols over the vowels like other languages. No instead we have silent E. Then there are those words that are spelled the same but, can sounds different. Like the word read for example. Or is it read.

I'm the guy that did well at all the classes that will get you nowhere later in life.

Last edited:
I know, its chaos, ain't it????
Oh yes that work that teachers love to say is not a word. The word Ain't has been in the dictionary since 1993 according to Google.

English is supposed to be my native language. And yet I hate the language. I feel bad people who aren't native to the language trying to learn it.

English is up there with the Asian languages for one of the hardest languages to learn. Manly because of all the idioms and stupid silent letters. And the Asians have to learn their alphabets and those other symbols I forgot the name of.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Toshost

Next Saturday is Gr.4 at Goodwood already. Will be another gloomy overcast race. Mother nature doesn't like us this year.

The poll for the move of our Mixed Class Special at Sarthe No Chicane will end Saturday at days end. After that the move will become official for the majority voted date.

Current Poll Standings

July 24th 3 votes
Neutral 3 votes
May 29th 0 votes

For those who didn't read the first one.

The BOP reference to list for the Mixed Class Special will be posted shortly once I finish organizing it and decide where to place it in the main form. You will be required to Manually apply the BOP Regulations for your chosen ride in the Mixed Class Special.

Even though this is meant as a exhibition race. Since I can't offer a large game credit or cash payout. There will be a small bonus points payout for the top 3 finishers of both Classes.

Special race bonus points will are not part of the best of 10. And will still count regardless of how many races you run.

Our next race is Goodwood GR4 and I saw that it is a lap race rather than a timed race. Have you decided what our starting fuel load will be??

Our next race is Goodwood GR4 and I saw that it is a lap race rather than a timed race. Have you decided what our starting fuel load will be??
I haven't been doing that for series. All races start at 100% at least for this season. I didn't want to change too much chase away current members. Unfortunately most of them did anyways. I might add that and the pit speed limit for the next season for some extra drama. Along with another idea I may or not go through with. I'm already working on next year's schedule.

Last edited:
The race will be over by time I'm home since you start at 5:30 Mountain Time
Dam I forgot your Mountain time. If it was 7pm Eastern Time. I may have waited for you if your commute was it long. That means you'll unfortunately miss my Richard Petty 1970 throwback livery. I'm running at Goodwood on the Viper. You should go find in my GTS livery section.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Toshost
A just little over 2 days until our next race at a cloudy Goodwood Motor Circuit. Racing here with modern Gr.4 class race cars is kind of unique experience. As the circuit in real life is use mostly for historic car racing.

The pit lane is short, slow and very narrow. Only wide enough for 1 car and crew. In real life you would be able pass another car in the pit. I've found no evidence either way if Gran Turismo took that into account for this track.

Along with with practicing track itself. I recommend a little pitting practice. The pit entrance is slow and tricky. The pit exit is almost non existent.

Your car barely has enough to reach Gran Turismo pit speed limit before you are released on track. You will around 55 mph with exiting the pit. Speed of cars on track at pit exit about 105 mph. So I don't recommend pulling blocks on people when exiting the pit here. Just please to the right until turn 1 if you exit in traffic.

Being this circuit was built in 1948 and with very little modifications. It's Mostly likely pit wall was just shoved in to meet modern race track safety standards.

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea how to efficiently find a lost livery?
I steal mine from GTS and changed my livery without realizing it wasn't in my save file anymore.

Anyone have any idea how to efficiently find a lost livery?
I steal mine from GTS and changed my livery without realizing it wasn't in my save file anymore.
Not a clue. I had some borrowed liveries disappear just recently too. I only barrow good replicas. And I noticed the Calsonic throwback livery I for Nissan's worst idea ever the FWD GT-R LM Nismo prototype. Luckily the car stinks so I don't really use to much for online races.

Back