RIP Malcolm Young

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 6 comments
For me, AC/DC are right up there in the top few rock bands of all time... I saw them 1st time as a teenager at Donnington Park (1st concert after Bon died), and have seen them numerous time since.

Most will associate them with of Angus the showman, but it was Malcolm that created the power and the base for Angus to play around... just so many instantly recognisable riffs.

RIP

A good part of my life has had AC/DC in it, so to hear of this news, it hits hard. Icon just doesn't cover it as he was the rock behind the ageless rock & roll band. Never to be forgotten, I'm forever grateful to what he has added to my life.

RIP

...Damn. This sucks. I knew that he was suffering pretty badly, but to pass away only a month after his brother died of cancer... Huh.

Damn.

Thank you, Young brothers, for giving me and the world some of the greatest songs I've ever heard of in my life.

Still sucks, man.

'Malcolm is certainly old enough to know that his constant humming
is neither amusing nor impressive. The few times a day he puts pen to
paper it turns out he is writing what appears to be poetry of some vile sort.

Won't you please, Mrs. Young, have a talk with Malcolm and Angus to help us
try to make them into responsible citizens.'

91skjMzYZwL._SL1500_.jpg

My dad has got just about everything they released in the seventies on vinyl and that's how I found their music.
This lovely report card from their headmaster can be found in the album sleeve of High Voltage and I always
thought it was funny because my own report cards from grade school looked about the same as the Young Bros, with my teachers trying to straighten me out and pleading to my parents to get me to behave. rip

6th of February 1988.

That's the loudest concert I've been to by a long shot and was part of AC/DC's world tour. Honestly thought the roof of the Tennis Centre in Melbourne was about to part with the rest of the building when they fired the guns for Those About To Rock.

As a teenager it was awe inspiring and something I'll never forget, a huge part of my life at that stage and as a band they were top of the tree for me at that time and Malcolm was the driving force behind that.

Rock in Peace Malcolm.

Back