RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Some (at least one - LFA) of your links are dead. Also, please consider the mobile app users. The images you hyperlink with are really hard to distinguish. Even when we tap the screen to view the mobile site, the jpg URLs don't make a ton of sense. I am asking you to include a simple text hyperlink along with the fancy image hyperlinks. It's just more inclusive.

I'm searching for a new FGT setup. Spec 2 has made my former setup go to crap :(

I'm looking forward to that LFA setup.

Some (at least one - LFA) of your links are dead. Also, please consider the mobile app users. The images you hyperlink with are really hard to distinguish. Even when we tap the screen to view the mobile site, the jpg URLs don't make a ton of sense. I am asking you to include a simple text hyperlink along with the fancy image hyperlinks. It's just more inclusive.

I'm searching for a new FGT setup. Spec 2 has made my former setup go to crap :(

The LFA link works fine for me. Perhaps it's a mobile issue? Anyway, try this link. Or this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4259823

As for text hyperlinks, I'll have a look into it and see if there's a way of doing it without making the OP look messy with image and text links side by side. The whole reason for the image links is that it looks nicer and you're not looking at a giant wall of hyperlinked text. I do understand the mobile issue though, I'll see what I can do. 👍

VTiRoj
The LFA link works fine for me. Perhaps it's a mobile issue? Anyway, try this link. Or this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4259823

As for text hyperlinks, I'll have a look into it and see if there's a way of doing it without making the OP look messy with image and text links side by side. The whole reason for the image links is that it looks nicer and you're not looking at a giant wall of hyperlinked text. I do understand the mobile issue though, I'll see what I can do. 👍

It is much easier to transfer tune from a mobile then it is the computer.

VTiRoj

That link works fine for the LFA, thank you. As for text links, just make a link out of the name of the car at the top of the setup below the picture. Simple. Which is the most common way of cresting a word or phrase hyperlink.

My rail riding FGT is absolute garbage on the Nurburgring 24r Seasonal. Was perfectly fine in the FGT championship way back when.

This is what we see:
bb6e1099.jpg

055896fa.jpg

Clicking on the picture just enlarges it.

Shops that have a hyperlink to the page that the setup is posted on, clicking the link takes us to that post.

I just take a screenshot of the setup. Either apply it immediately or later on.

Last edited:
Same I just ran the FGT High Speed Ring race and smoked them even though I murdered the first two laps by spinning out after that I got the hang of the beast (hadn't driven it in ages). I must say I loved being able to race with the cockpit view. :)

I can't wait for the new surprises coming up. I haven't been able to download SpecII so I was wondering how different the physics are. Can anyone please tell me?

GTTurtle
I can't wait for the new surprises coming up. I haven't been able to download SpecII so I was wondering how different the physics are. Can anyone please tell me?

The differences seem to affect cars in all kinds of crazy ways. Some cars have less understeer and/or oversteer, some cars have more, and some other cars have turned into undriveable beasts. Generally speaking though, offline now likes FWD cars more, and online likes RWD more. 4WD is, erm...stubborn at times both online and offline :dopey:

I think we'll start trying to cater to the mobile app stuff once we let out the surprise and start reorganizing and retesting/tweaking vehicles for Spec II. Thinking an extra post to go "hey here's the text links" then a text link from the main page to it.

The differences seem to affect cars in all kinds of crazy ways. Some cars have less understeer and/or oversteer, some cars have more, and some other cars have turned into undriveable beasts. Generally speaking though, offline now likes FWD cars more, and online likes RWD more. 4WD is, erm...stubborn at times both online and offline :dopey:

Well I drive RWD cars almost all the time when I'm online so that's good.

If you want, I'll send you one after I've got Dragonthing's load off of me…though it would be easier to buy one yourself…

And neat new banner, doesn't look quite right though…maybe just me…

Spec II is installing and at 40% :D C'mon Internet!!!

Edit: It's DONE!!! :D One new (or re-implemented) feature I noticed is the tyre wear option has now returned to the practice menu.

So have you send him the car

Being ill at home has the advantage of being able to turn the odd lap on GT5 :)

And in keeping with the theme of trying to complete as many of the seasonals as possible in this time, I tried out the Maxi Pad.

I already finished the majority of the Mini Challenges with an '07 Cooper S, tuned but with stock settings and power dialled down to bring it back into the range. The more flowing and faster the circuit, the more effective the car was. Autumn Ring Mini for instance, was a disaster and it took a lot of patience to get it around there well enough. It understeered quite badly and my impression was that one of the fronts was spinning and red most of the time.

Enter the Maxi Pad. I did not try it stock, so before and after comparisons will have to wait for another day. And again I turned down the power by the max 50%, to at least keep it PP wise on parity with the others. Actually 50% was still too much ;)

The first thing I noticed was the less than melodious whine of the supercharger - vocally certainly not the highlight of the GT5 range. In terms of driving it was another beast completely, when compared to the 07 with the stock setup. It turned in much better, and most importantly, wheelspin was pretty well controlled - the only 'red' moments being when I managed to unbalance the car by going over grass or sth similar.

It still does not have the most darty front end, and will, if late braked 'dive bombing style' still understeer - not as much but noticeably. Lifting does not tuck in the nose immediately, either. If in a higher speed, longer corner, such as the third one at Fuji, it will push wider at first and only after a second slowly return to the desired line. If you have space to play with, this works fine, if not, braking is the only option, costing time.

Slower corners do not seem to be the car's forte (at least not in my hands), as the rear is too well tied down and cannot be brought into play, while the front is a tad too understeery. Getting on the throttle in the power reduced settings works well, though, so once you are past the apex, pedal to the metal usually gets the front pointing where you want it to.

Of the tracks I tried it on (Trial Mountain, Eifel Kart, Fuji) it works best on something flowing like Trial Mountain, and the faster sections of Fuji. Funny comparison, though - seems that the supercharged 05 pulls less well than the turbo'ed 07 at the same power rating - on Trial Mountain I would get top speeds higher by 7-8kmh at the longest straights in the 07, in spite of a better entry speed onto the straight of the 05. Same goes for the general acceleration - where the turbo gallops, the supercharged 05 canters. Nothing to do with your tune, just a general comment.

In terms of timing, even power parity with the other Minis on the track will not prevent the Maxi Pad truly toying with hte opposition. On Trial Mountain (the only one where I had time comparisons) it was about a second and a half faster per lap when compared to the stock setup 07 with the same PP and this in spite of the lesser acceleration. On top of that, the lap times were much more consistent.

An FF with some of the disadvantages intact but massively improved and much faster overall, even if not close to your BB in terms of fun. :D

Ok, RJ, check your mailbox. There should be a black Evo X waiting for you. The car hasn't been run in, your setup has been applied too.

It is much easier to transfer tune from a mobile then it is the computer.
When dealing with uploading images yes, but I find typing out long settings sheets to be a pain with a touch screen.

Don't understand how...

He doesn't understand banked corners.
Me and the FGT don't see eye to eye. Also my FGT has 26,000 miles on it and it's never been to GT Auto. Think that has something to do with it? :lol:
Shops that have a hyperlink to the page that the setup is posted on, clicking the link takes us to that post.
I think we'll start trying to cater to the mobile app stuff once we let out the surprise and start reorganizing and retesting/tweaking vehicles for Spec II. Thinking an extra post to go "hey here's the text links" then a text link from the main page to it.
I suppose I'd have to handle that then. :P No change there... XD
The enzo drives like a drunken water buffalo now.
It's true. Our Enzo has a drinking problem. :indiff:

I tried out the Maxi Pad.
Erm... You do realise those aren't for guys, right? :sly:

An FF with some of the disadvantages intact but massively improved and much faster overall, even if not close to your BB in terms of fun. :D
Don't worry, I'm messing. :P Thanks for reviewing the Maxi Pad! :dopey: It's not the nippiest car around considering it's roots, but yeah it was born for seasonal events so at least it's got all the tools to do well in those. :D At least it's not gotten worse in Spec 2. Actually on that subject, all my FF cars seem to have improved in Spec 2 so actually if you had reviewed it pre-spec 2 you may have found more complaints. But yeah thanks for the review! 👍

@Roj you might think about posting a blank setup sheet in your thread. I copied a tune from my first page to another post and fixed the link. Then I turned that first page post into a blank setup. Now I can either edit it and select all to copy into a new post or quote it and remove the quote markers. Only takes a couple minutes to fill in the actual tuning information on the blank. Now I spend more time doing my write-up about the car/tune and adding photos and reviews than I do redoing the setup form.
Actually since your probably working from a computer you could save your blank setup sheet as a text file and just copy it into the post after filling it all out.👍👍

Of course since your the intelligent sort your probably already doing this so just ignore my ramblings!:lol::crazy:

@Roj you might think about posting a blank setup sheet in your thread. I copied a tune from my first page to another post and fixed the link. Then I turned that first page post into a blank setup. Now I can either edit it and select all to copy into a new post or quote it and remove the quote markers. Only takes a couple minutes to fill in the actual tuning information on the blank. Now I spend more time doing my write-up about the car/tune and adding photos and reviews than I do redoing the setup form.
Actually since your probably working from a computer you could save your blank setup sheet as a text file and just copy it into the post after filling it all out.👍👍

Of course since your the intelligent sort your probably already doing this so just ignore my ramblings!:lol::crazy:

Been doing that since before you joined GTP. ;)

Edit: Several years before you joined GTP, even.

Thanks XDesperado, but we've had a blank template to work from since RKM started. :D

Tree'd by the Junkie of Rotary.

Been doing that since before you joined GTP. ;)

Edit: Several years before you joined GTP, even.

Thanks XDesperado, but we've had a blank template to work from since RKM started. :D

Tree'd by the Junkie of Rotary.

Like I said being the intelligent sorts you were most likely doing something along those lines already so just ignore my ramblings.:lol:

Back