RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

We've not done any tunes for the '96. The actual Romeo tune is in the archives, as RJ hasn't updated it yet.

Thanks for the reply! So Romeo was a tougher 111R tune? I just remembered Romeo & Juliet. It was mainly because of me color coding paint jobs that I asked (boy/girl and what not)... :)

You Rock! 👍

Are there transmission settings that go along with this tune? I noticed you call for the Fully Customizable Transmission. Thanks!
Gah, I'm an idiot. I'll fix it up tomorrow.
Thanks for the reply! So Romeo was a tougher 111R tune? I just remembered Romeo & Juliet. It was mainly because of me color coding paint jobs that I asked (boy/girl and what not)... :)

You Rock! 👍

Romeo was the Elise RM, Juliet was the non-RM. :)

I asked for something to drive online at 500pp, and got pointed to these two vehicles by VTiRoj.

I figured I ought to try them both, and do a side by side review of the pair of them. Here it is. All tests were performed online with a DS3, ABS=1 and no other aids.

I went to my local Lotus and Honda dealerships and acquired the cars. Amazing how my local Honda dealership still sells a vehicle that has been out of production for several years. After obtaining the required parts (and using wikipedia to find that header means exhaust) I shipped both cars over to Japan for a nice drive around Suzuka.

Arriving at Suzuka I find that my shipping people hadn't just sent the Locust and the Sidewinder, but also an M3 '04 that was up to now my least bad car at 500pp. I know it's potentially a very good car, but my particular model has been tuned by someone far less knowledgeable than RKM Motorsport (me) and has never been particularly interesting to drive. It is reasonably stable and not horribly slow, so I decide to take it out first to set some sort of benchmark. I ask my pit crew to put some SH tires on it and set off.

The M3 was solid but unspectacular. Some understeer on the brakes, some oversteer on throttle, and on the whole nothing remarkable about it. A reasonable benchmark. I end up with a 2:22.0 and plenty of room for improvement. On to the real test.

I get into the Locust, and can hear the capacity crowd (what are all these people doing in those stands in the first place?) get interested. They see plenty of M3s, but the Locust definitely catches the eye. I set off, and my first impression is: grip! It feels so much grippier than the M3, that I immediately go into several corners way too fast and run out of track. When I take it a little slower, I find that this car is tons of fun when taken just over the limit. Most MR cars seem to just go into a ditch when you overdo it. This one just gives wonderful powerslides out of corners and wonderful braking oversteer into corners. As a result, I end up mucking about more than focussing on fast times. However, when I do drive it a bit more careful it feels very precise, and very quick. I'm surprised I don't trash my previous time, but it's probably just because I spent too much time powersliding. I get to 2:21.3 (with a small excursion off the track).

I get into the Sidewinder, and now the crowd really goes crazy. They love this car here. Lets see if I agree with them. Where the Locust responded to any insubordination on my part with lots of very controllable drifting, the Sidewinder just seems to straighten out, as if to say 'get on with it please, we have a time to beat'. This car is very stable, although I do get into trouble a few times by not controlling my throttle input well enough on turn-in. Apart from that, it drives like it's on rails. However, it doesn't seem quite as quick as the Locust, and my times seem to confirm that. With a lap that feels cleaner than what I did in the Locust I only get to 2:21.5. Once again, there's plenty of time still in that, but not as much as in the Locust one, I feel.

The verdict: the Locust was tons of fun to drive, but also very fast. Thus, this would be my car of choice both for some casual online fun and for a time trial. The Sidewinder is more stable and a pleasure to drive, but doesn't feel quite as poised as the Locust. This would be my car of choice for a longer race I really wanted to do well in, as it's more forgiving to my somewhat aggressive and inconsistent style, and thus faster on average. Thanks to RKM Motorsport for providing these two excellent cars.

Note: I know all the times I posted are crap. I only drove about 7 laps in each car, and don't know the track particularly well, so my lines were nowhere near optimal.

Last edited:
AventadorLP830.jpg

AventadorLP830_Big.jpg
How do you get that wing?

It isn't an option for me. Theres 3 different ones to choose and the one in that picture isn't one of them :confused:

EDIT - Yet when I go to race in it, it is the correct one?! What the.....?!

Last edited:
GavBlade

It isn't an option for me. Theres 3 different ones to choose and the one in that picture isn't one of them :confused:

It's just the Type A Wing with the dynamic spoiler underneath. 👍

And to finish the group review, the pictures!! (Part 3/3)

Roj, I tryed to recreate Roy's R33 from RTN... I don't think it looks right :lol:

Onboy123
Ok, if I win, you take out the Viper, if not, you stick with the Cien for the however many meter drag race. :D

So I just set 2.5 second 0-60 and 3.4 second 0-100 times with the Cien...and a 9.4 second 1/4 mile :D

So I just set 2.5 second 0-60 and 3.4 second 0-100 times with the Cien...and a 9.4 second 1/4 mile :D
Hey Dragonthing I have my "Spectre" on share any chance you could clock some times for me with it? It's not set up for drag but still feels rather quick to me.:dopey:

XDesperado67
Hey Dragonthing I have my "Spectre" on share any chance you could clock some times for me with it? It's not set up for drag but still feels rather quick to me.:dopey:

Sure, I'll have a go right after I finish raping the GT Rally Snow Master series :D

The verdict: the Locust was tons of fun to drive, but also very fast. Thus, this would be my car of choice both for some casual online fun and for a time trial. The Sidewinder is more stable and a pleasure to drive, but doesn't feel quite as poised as the Locust. This would be my car of choice for a longer race I really wanted to do well in, as it's more forgiving to my somewhat aggressive and inconsistent style, and thus faster on average. Thanks to RKM Motorsport for providing these two excellent cars.

Note: I know all the times I posted are crap. I only drove about 7 laps in each car, and don't know the track particularly well, so my lines were nowhere near optimal.
Thanks for the dual-review! :)👍

That verdict pretty much reflects mine and RJ's tuning styles. His tunes are usually closer to the car's max potential and put out faster laptimes, whereas mine are easier to drive and end up a little more stable. These two were tuned for the same shootout, so they're perfectly matched against each other for comparisons.

EDIT - Yet when I go to race in it, it is the correct one?! What the.....?!
RKM hacks. :sly:
It's just the Type A Wing with the dynamic spoiler underneath. 👍
Or this, yeah. :P
Roj, I tryed to recreate Roy's R33 from RTN... I don't think it looks right :lol:
Yeah, it's not right. :P I've already recreated it in GT5. Had to use Motegi Touge wheels to replicate the old LM GT4's.

And why Imageshack? Why?! :( Use Imgur or Photobucket, less messing around with awful websites when I click the thumbnails. 👍

GTP Name: Soupturtle
PSN Name:
Your Car: Renault Sport Clio V6 Phase 2 '03
Sending Your Own Car? No (Unless you really need me to, but it's my only one, so I'd want it back)
If No, Specify Car Details: My preference would be a 500pp car that works online
on any Sports tires, without use of a rear spoiler (as those ruin the look). If this is too much to ask for this notoriously unstable car, it just working on sports softs would already be excellent. Using all weight reduction options would have my preference as I feel it ought to be a light car, but by design it isn't. Mine has all the weight reduction, so if it needs to be heavier for handling reasons I'd prefer min weight + ballast. If this doesn't work for you feel free to relax this constraint, I'm happy to track down a new one if that makes it drive properly.
Tuning Request: See above. Also, if you feel driving this online at 500pp is fundamentally hopeless but you feel this car can be good in another setting, any tune that makes this car drivable would make me happy.
Link To Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6625760#post6625760

RKM Motorsport’s Aventador LP830

AventadorLP830.jpg

I cannot express enough how ****ING MUCH I LOVE THIS CAR AND TUNE!

B-Spec Seasonals? Beats the BMW McLaren and anything else. Not with R3s either... R1s!
A-Spec Seasonals? I took her on the Dream Car one. Was in 1st place by last lap and I cant drive for ****e with a DS3 (proof? how does a 1:36 on latest TT as BEST sound??).
Hitting cow-chow? The 4WD must be magic cus this thing just tears on through and keeps on hauling ass.
A 635PP car beats 709PPs (I added R3 tyres/tires) and she isn't even a race car!!! Only thing missing from you is a mean arse name for it.
Sad thing is mine is orange, not purple. I need to find a good purple for her.

HUGE props and thanks from me cus this car has made me A-Spec again. It is so much fine to drive. thankyouthankyouthankyou 👍👍

GTP Name: Soupturtle
PSN Name:
Your Car: Renault Sport Clio V6 Phase 2 '03
Sending Your Own Car? No (Unless you really need me to, but it's my only one, so I'd want it back)
If No, Specify Car Details: My preference would be a 500pp car that works online
on any Sports tires, without use of a rear spoiler (as those ruin the look). If this is too much to ask for this notoriously unstable car, it just working on sports softs would already be excellent. Using all weight reduction options would have my preference as I feel it ought to be a light car, but by design it isn't. Mine has all the weight reduction, so if it needs to be heavier for handling reasons I'd prefer min weight + ballast. If this doesn't work for you feel free to relax this constraint, I'm happy to track down a new one if that makes it drive properly.
Tuning Request: See above. Also, if you feel driving this online at 500pp is fundamentally hopeless but you feel this car can be good in another setting, any tune that makes this car drivable would make me happy.
Link To Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6625760#post6625760
Do you know how to dupe cars? You can send the Clio without actually removing it from your garage. Very handy when dealing with online trading. 👍

Anyway, I'm not sure who is going to take the request yet so I can't tell you who to send the car to. I'm not a big fan of French cars so I'm desperately trying to drop the car on Dragonthing so she can unleash her inner chav on it. :lol:

But yeah consider it accepted, but like I said before, the Clio is one of those cars that are pretty hopeless online so if it can't be fixed, it can't be fixed I'm afraid.
I cannot express enough how ****ING MUCH I LOVE THIS CAR AND TUNE!

Yeah, I've decided to retire my R34 TC as my 650PP seasonal car because the Aventador gets better results with only 630PP. Yes, 630PP, I don't even change the exhaust to bump it to 650. :lol: I love my Aventador too, it's made my DLC purchase so worth it. :embarrassed:

As far as mean names go, I don't think Lambo's need mean names to intimidate everything. Calling it the LP830 just gives you that little hint that it's a freaking fast car. :lol:

Hey Roj is your ZZII Destroyer updated to 2.02 specs?

Looking for a suitable 3rd car for C-Zeta to do a comparison review on between whatever the 3rd car is krenkme's VW W12 Nardo Concept "Rellik" tune and my Cadillac Cien Concept "Spectre" tune all at 650PP or there abouts.:D:crazy:

I hate autospell on my phone sometimes!:mad:

Last edited:
Hey Roj is your ZZII Destroyer updated to 2.02 specs?

Looking for a suitable 3rd car for C-Zeta to do a comparison review on between whatever the 3rd car is krenkme's VW W12 Narrow Concept "Rellik" tune and my Cadillac Cien Concept "Spectre" tune all at 650PP or there abouts.:D:crazy:

Yeah, it is. Anything in the first post works with post-spec 2 physics. Anything in the archives isn't. 👍

In a sad note: BoB may be able to beat that damnable BMW McLaren easily (w/ the Aventador), I am incapable of doing so. Weird i can drive it like crazy in that Dream Car seasonal and win, upon trying it in some of the 650PP Seasonals, if that GD car shows up (or the Mark IV!!) I get toasted by over 30 seconds.

And just to be clear Roj, the name LP830 makes me think of albums. It is likely due to my age and having owned several (ok ok HUNDREDS of records; aka 45s and 78s) from my youth. Which, in a related way, makes me odd on Sapphire's "Python" tune for a Viper. 2 different genus'. A Python is a constrictor whereas a Viper is a biter (to put it simpler). So her "python" may be better termed a "Rattlesnake" (works on a number of levels: American, back end shakes/"rattles", can venomously rip other cars down). Just the nerdy herp in me, I guess.

JFool
Which, in a related way, makes me odd on Sapphire's "Python" tune for a Viper. 2 different genus'. A Python is a constrictor whereas a Viper is a biter (to put it simpler). So her "python" may be better termed a "Rattlesnake" (works on a number of levels: American, back end shakes/"rattles", can venomously rip other cars down). Just the nerdy herp in me, I guess.

Well at least you can't deny my version is a conpletely different snake to the original Viper :sly: :dopey:

dont get me wrong m'lady, I do love your Python Tune. Im just nitpicking as a reptile person regarding the name. Think of it like saying something is a Komodo Dragon but it really is more a Gila Monster.

Crap that may be too technical and/or vague in terms of reference. I suggest Google to save myself (and all of you) the loooooong explanation on why they are different but the same.

Nighty night 4 now.

Do you know how to dupe cars? You can send the Clio without actually removing it from your garage. Very handy when dealing with online trading.
Not yet, but I'll make sure to find out. My PSN is also Soupturtle. Whoever gets to tune it can send me a friend request and I'll send them the car. :)

Last edited:
Back