RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

The Chapparal 2D will be in the next OCD update. How do I know this? I just found a 2D in my UCD for 12 mil and I bought it. Next OCD, there will be a mint 2D, just to punish me for jumping the gun. :D

The Chapparal 2D will be in the next OCD update. How do I know this? I just found a 2D in my UCD for 12 mil and I bought it. Next OCD, there will be a mint 2D, just to punish me for jumping the gun. :D

I would love if it appears! :lol:

RKM Motorsport’s Murciélago GT

MurcielagoGT.jpg

MurcielagoGT_Big.jpg

Based on: Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 ‘09
Obtained: Brand new from Lamborghini

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 615 BHP (@ 32.1 miles)
Torque:---- 65 kgfm
Weight:---- 1350 kg
PP:-------- 577

PARTS
GT Auto

BBS RS Wheels
Type B Front Aero
Type A Rear Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.553
2nd:-- 2.379
3rd:-- 1.776
4th:-- 1.380
5th:-- 1.117
6th:-- 0.936
Final: 3.000
Max Speed: 230 MPH

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 14.5/15.5
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 4/6
Camber:----- 2.3/1.7
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
With the Aventador’s arrival, the ol’ Murciélago is no longer the big bull of the house. This reminded us that we haven’t tuned a regular Murciélago yet, so consider this our parting gift to the car that changed Lamborghini for the better.

Just like our Gallardo, this Murciélago has very controllable oversteer, making it very easy to slide it around hairpins. You’ll be glad to hear that this tune removes the stubborn understeer and stabilises the rear end that the stock suspension is infamous for. Overall this is a fun car to drive and will put a smile on your face.

Stock LSD?

When I eventually get home, in the snow, I might fiddle a bit more with my Pontiac and the Veyron and get them ready to post up...teaser! :D

VTiRoj
Erm...

Erm...

Umm...

The...

Nope. The RJ's Locust Evora and my Sidewinder NSX are the only two cars that I know of that we've properly built for online. The rest are tuned offline, so taking them online is like Russian roulette. :lol:

Thanks 👍

In the past I found that FWD cars don't really need much adjusting for online - and FWD owns up to 500pp. I might try some more of your tunes, although the league I'm in right now only does Racing Softs. :grumpy:

Yeah, FWD and 4WD cars work okay on both modes. It's RWD cars that completely change personality.

It occurs to me I've reviewed about a dozen tunes but I've never requested one. :odd: Imma go look up something goofy to request.... :D

Side note, I was hoping that the Odyssey would have been eligible for CSLs Nurb shootout just top have something off the wall. The 4WD threw me for a loop.

It occurs to me I've reviewed about a dozen tunes but I've never requested one. :odd: Imma go look up something goofy to request.... :D
Good luck! :lol:
Side note, I was hoping that the Odyssey would have been eligible for CSLs Nurb shootout just top have something off the wall. The 4WD threw me for a loop.
Yeah, it's not FF like most people think. :lol:

GTP Name: DigitalBaka
PSN Name: GTP_DigitalBaka
Your Car:Renault 5 Turbo '80
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: The only car in this game from my birth year. :eek: Looking for it to be ~450PP without wanting to go @$$ first out of corners. If you can get it to 500PP (or close), even better. I'll leave part selection to your expertise. Gonna slap on all the non-removables and let you have at it.
Link To Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5109553#post5109553

Just let me know who wants it... :D

Yes! The GTO/3000GT is finnaly Spec II usable! Time to go destroy some fictional LM cars at Monza.

GTP Name: DigitalBaka
PSN Name: GTP_DigitalBaka
Your Car:Renault 5 Turbo '80
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: The only car in this game from my birth year. :eek: Looking for it to be ~450PP without wanting to go @$$ first out of corners. If you can get it to 500PP (or close), even better. I'll leave part selection to your expertise. Gonna slap on all the non-removables and let you have at it.
Link To Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5109553#post5109553

Just let me know who wants it... :D
Well it's obvious that you want RJ to do it, as you're now his #1 fan. :P
Yes! The GTO/3000GT is finnaly Spec II usable! Time to go destroy some fictional LM cars at Monza.

It's not. I was just using it for the punchline. :P

Dear RKM,

I was looking through my garage today, and I noticed that I have a distinct lack of cars I really like to drive at 500pp. Therefore, I was wondering if you could recommend me something around 500pp that is fun to drive from your extensive garage. I'm most likely to use it online on sports soft tires, but it's a plus if it also works on sports hard. I'm a DS3 user, not a brilliant driver but good enough to control a mildly tricky car. I will then write you a review of the car you recommended me, so feel free to recommend me something surprising that you'd like some feedback on.

I also noticed I have one car that I'd love to use at 500pp, which is a Renault Sport Clio V6 Phase 2 '03 (the standard car that is the updated version of the old clio v6). However, as it is right now I can only drive it very carefully. It cooks the outside rear tire whenever it even looks at a corner, no matter if it's on or off throttle. Thus, once I've written a review of the car you recommend me I would like to request you to tune this thing. After that I will write a review of that tune as well.

Last edited:
Dear RKM,
As far as 500PP tunes that work online with sports hards or better, these two are the obvious choices. Tune for tight mountain driving so they'll work pretty much anywhere. The Evora is the faster one, the NSX feels a little better.

Midship cars in general have issues when it comes to online physics. The Clio gets it even worse because it has a short wheelbase and tyres that probably came off the 1.2 litre Clio it's based on. We'll give the Clio a shot as a request, but no promises that it'll be magically fixed. It's just one of those cars that fall to pieces online.

All reviews used diferent tracks, that's why no times are shown. (Part 2/3)

Elise 111R (Parts installed, stock settings): No understeer or oversteer, but the back is loose, way too loose, one little touch on the throttle and the back goes out, pretending to be from Formula Drift (which you aren't, baka! :lol:) But I like it, I think if I throw some comfort hards, it can become a Formula Drift car.. not sure thought.
Juliet: No understeer or oversteer, great thing. Back is still a bit loose, which might be from my heavy left foot, which can't stay away from the accelerator :lol: A 3 second difference at Spain is good for Juliet!

Skyline GT-R V-Spec R34 (Parts installed, stock settings): Understeer. Lost of it. But still a nice car, nice acceleration for it, able to hit 270km/h at the front straight of Fuji. But the understeer cost a huge time for it.
R34 Black Edition: Understeer? None. Nice ammount of grip, good enough to stick the car to the ground, but without cutting the fun of the car. Was able to take some good 2 seconds at Fuji, so I'm happy enough with it.

Spoon CR-Z (Parts installed, stock settings): I love this car stock already! Small hints of understeer. A good acceleration, able to hit 200km/h easily. But that small understeer is annoying though.
Spoon CR-Z:In the cost of laptimes, the car now stick like glue to the asphalt, holding almost every line I want. It doesn't have the same feeling of the CR-Z Type R, which seems to follow a rail. 2 seconds difference is the best I can get from it.

330i (Parts installed, stock settings): Little understeer for it, but a nice car to drive. It actually responds to your input. Back end a bit loose.
BMW 330i CSL: None understeer, back end still a bit loose, pretending it is a drift car. But it's very controllable, and that's alot of fun. 1 second difference at London.

RE Amemiya RX-7 (Parts installed, stock settings): A nice car. You can push it to the limits and it ain't gonna kill you. When you give it more throttle than you should, the back will kick out, but it's very controllable.
RE Amemiya RX-7: A forgiving car. If you push it a little too far, it will let you correct it, so you don't go to the grass and/or wall. Back end still likes to kick out, but the car is a lot more glued to the asphalt. A 4 second difference at Daytona Road Course says it all.

Skyline GT-R V-Spec R33 (Parts installed, stock settings): An annoying understeer which compromise times in a huge way. Couldn't even drive it in a proper way.
Indy A: Understeer was solved, back end likes to kick out, providing fun and killing the boredom. The car could follow the line you wanted easily, didn't even hesitate. A 3 second difference from the original time at Tokyo R246.

Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI (Parts installed, stock settings): A nice car. Needs better brakes, and need a improvement in the handling department.
The Bread Van II: Brakes and the handling got improved, as well the acceleration of it. No signs of understeer or oversteer. One of the best wagon you can find around. Don't be surprised if a white missile went by you at Eiger and you can't catch it, because that is the famous Bread Van, driven by no other than Luís. 1 second difference at Eiger for it.

Legacy Touring Wagon 3.0R (Parts installed, stock settings): Little understeer, is not annyoing though and is totally controllable. Need improvement in the brakes though. And both acceleration and top speed as well.
Legacy 3.0STi Touring: No understeer. No oversteer. Back end doesn't kick even if you want, unless you push the handbrake. A very stable wagon! My favorite wagon of all game so far! And could someone explain me what's the whole Ikea thingy I've readed in the description? 1 second difference at Laguna Seca.

Honda Odyssey (Parts installed, stock settings): 195km/h limiter?! Some understeer, which snapped the best of me in the last turn of Rome. The car doesn't respond that quickly to your command, coping with that the understeer and the 195km/h limiter, a time of 1.19 at Rome is not bad.
VIP Odyssey: Able to hit 230km/h+ at the back straight, which game me important time over the original. No understeer, nice amount of grip, very stable, quite nimble even for 1384kg. Handling is very good, as it should for it being 4WD. A 2 second difference at Rome.

Tracks used (in order of tunes):
-Circuito de Madrid
-Fuji Speedway F
-Cape Ring Inside
-London
-Daytona Road Course
-Tokyo R246
-Eiger
-Laguna Seca
-Rome

Next up are the pictures of all cars I have tested.

What happened to the Romeo tune for the Elise RM '96? I am working on driving stock tune laps, then equip your tune, then more laps, then BOOM! Review with a pic and lap time differences!

Way more than just this car though!

Please let me know ASAP! Thank you in advance! 👍

All reviews used diferent tracks, that's why no times are shown. (Part 2/3)
Just going to answer to my own cars. 👍
Elise 111R (Parts installed, stock settings): No understeer or oversteer, but the back is loose, way too loose, one little touch on the throttle and the back goes out, pretending to be from Formula Drift (which you aren't, baka! :lol:) But I like it, I think if I throw some comfort hards, it can become a Formula Drift car.. not sure thought.
Juliet: No understeer or oversteer, great thing. Back is still a bit loose, which might be from my heavy left foot, which can't stay away from the accelerator :lol: A 3 second difference at Spain is good for Juliet!
Yeah, I wanted to tame the car without making it boring. I think I did well. :sly:
Skyline GT-R V-Spec R34 (Parts installed, stock settings): Understeer. Lost of it. But still a nice car, nice acceleration for it, able to hit 270km/h at the front straight of Fuji. But the understeer cost a huge time for it.
R34 Black Edition: Understeer? None. Nice ammount of grip, good enough to stick the car to the ground, but without cutting the fun of the car. Was able to take some good 2 seconds at Fuji, so I'm happy enough with it.
And without resorting to custom LSD tuning too! That's the main thing I wanted to keep with the R34.
Spoon CR-Z (Parts installed, stock settings): I love this car stock already! Small hints of understeer. A good acceleration, able to hit 200km/h easily. But that small understeer is annoying though.
Spoon CR-Z:In the cost of laptimes, the car now stick like glue to the asphalt, holding almost every line I want. It doesn't have the same feeling of the CR-Z Type R, which seems to follow a rail. 2 seconds difference is the best I can get from it.

The regular CR-Z will always have an edge over the Spoon, thanks to having more parts available. Still a sweet car though.

RE Amemiya RX-7 (Parts installed, stock settings): A nice car. You can push it to the limits and it ain't gonna kill you. When you give it more throttle than you should, the back will kick out, but it's very controllable.
RE Amemiya RX-7: A forgiving car. If you push it a little too far, it will let you correct it, so you don't go to the grass and/or wall. Back end still likes to kick out, but the car is a lot more glued to the asphalt. A 4 second difference at Daytona Road Course says it all.
This was the car that took the fight to my NSX, so of course it improved so much. :D

Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI (Parts installed, stock settings): A nice car. Needs better brakes, and need a improvement in the handling department.
The Bread Van II: Brakes and the handling got improved, as well the acceleration of it. No signs of understeer or oversteer. One of the best wagon you can find around. Don't be surprised if a white missile went by you at Eiger and you can't catch it, because that is the famous Bread Van, driven by no other than Luís. 1 second difference at Eiger for it.
Just like old times, then. :sly:

Honda Odyssey (Parts installed, stock settings): 195km/h limiter?! Some understeer, which snapped the best of me in the last turn of Rome. The car doesn't respond that quickly to your command, coping with that the understeer and the 195km/h limiter, a time of 1.19 at Rome is not bad.
VIP Odyssey: Able to hit 230km/h+ at the back straight, which game me important time over the original. No understeer, nice amount of grip, very stable, quite nimble even for 1384kg. Handling is very good, as it should for it being 4WD. A 2 second difference at Rome.
And to think it's using a 40:60 torque split. Makes it feel more realistic than a 10:90 split. :)
What happened to the Romeo tune for the Elise RM '96? I am working on driving stock tune laps, then equip your tune, then more laps, then BOOM! Review with a pic and lap time differences!

Way more than just this car though!

Please let me know ASAP! Thank you in advance! 👍
We've not done any tunes for the '96. The actual Romeo tune is in the archives, as RJ hasn't updated it yet.

RKM Motorsport’s Miura LP380

MiuraLP380.jpg

MiuraLP380_Big.jpg

Based on: Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 ’67
Obtained: Brand new model at Lamborghini

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 380 BHP (@ 81.2 miles)
Torque:---- 39 kgfm
Weight:---- 872 kg
PP:-------- 536

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/15
Accel:-- 0/30
Braking: 0/10

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-20
Spring Rate: 11.0/11.0
Extension:-- 7/3
Compression: 5/2
Anti-Roll:-- 1/1
Camber:----- 2.5/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.20/-0.02

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The Miura is a scary car. As the original big bull, its sole purpose is to kill you. Despite low power output, its low weight and lack of safety features make it more deadly than the cars that succeeded it. We’ve managed to convince it that humans are worth sparing. Well, the ones who deserve to be spared anyway. Show the Miura that you deserve to be spared, by driving it properly and not ham-fisting it like it’s an Audi R8.

Are there transmission settings that go along with this tune? I noticed you call for the Fully Customizable Transmission. Thanks!

Back