RM Z06 Pratt & Miller GP > First major series Spa race this Sunday!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wardez
  • 808 comments
  • 37,949 views
Gents, I know we're late in the game, but any chance I could get in on a few races before the end of the season? (AKA SPA :) )

Cheers!

Nick
 
Gents, I know we're late in the game, but any chance I could get in on a few races before the end of the season? (AKA SPA :) )

Cheers!

Nick

Always happy to have more fast cars on the grid. Though if I read Wardez's posts correctly there is only SPA a week from Sunday (23rd).
 
Sounds great! I look forward to running.

Nick
 
Go-karting series anyone?

I forgot to mention, there's actually two versions of the karting track listed, one is an "oval" described by something I read.
So we'll get at least 1 Spa, 1 kart oval, and 1 kart road course, the remaining two variations will probably be a mystery for 5 days yet.
 
I forgot to mention, there's actually two versions of the karting track listed, one is an "oval" described by something I read.
So we'll get at least 1 Spa, 1 kart oval, and 1 kart road course, the remaining two variations will probably be a mystery for 5 days yet.
Looking at the description that is on the GT5 website, it says there will be two layouts. The only difference between them is that #1 uses the normal layout, while #2 "short cuts the hairpin section". This could be referring to the 360 degree loop (if you consider it a hairpin), the other section which contains a regular hairpin, or perhaps both. The other 2 variations will be the reverse variations.

coursemap_newindoorkart.gif


The page which I was referring to - http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/tracks/
 
Looking at the description that is on the GT5 website, it says there will be two layouts. The only difference between them is that #1 uses the normal layout, while #2 "short cuts the hairpin section". This could be referring to the 360 degree loop (if you consider it a hairpin), the other section which contains a regular hairpin, or perhaps both. The other 2 variations will be the reverse variations.

coursemap_newindoorkart.gif


The page which I was referring to - http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/tracks/
The new Course Pack includes SPA-Francorchamps (with weather effects) and Kart Space layouts I and II (each layout supports normal and reverse).
I see that now... Disappointing.
All that time on Spa for only one version...
 
well, at least they gave it weather.
would have been a shame to get SPA where it isn't constantly threatening to rain. the weather is probably 1/2 of the mystique.
now we just need an RB7 so I can pass a Ferrari through eau rouge

BelgianGP-Webber-Alonso-Eau-Rouge.jpg
 
Is any one else experiencing uncontrollable excitement for this month? 1. I just got NHL 12, 2. GT5 Spec II just came out, 3. Massive DLC for GT5 comes out the day before my birthday, 4. Battlefield 3 comes out on my reading week...... This is like a god send, it honestly is!

Yeah, my GF is thrilled! :dunce:
 
Throw me in for the Spa Hoo Raw ........ Yeee Haww "BRAZOS" :)
 
Calling Denilson :)
 
I can host. I can also try to have a room open as much as possible during the week for everyone to join.
What if I get "DC'd"? Will the new host take over even if he's based in NA?
 
I'm not sure, it may boot the entire room.
I say this because with a rally room the other day, on a course creator track when the host dc'd, it took the room down with it, instead of the normal next in-line taking host.
 
My lawd, this track was made for this type of racing. The C6 is a freaking dream to race around Spa.



Watch for the spin where I literally let go of my wheel and it pointed me right back into the chicane. It was so funny I couldn't help but speed up and see what would happen. I coasted over easily and just tapped the brakes, pulling a significant lead without even trying xD
 
link to room? please????
 
Good news about the Spa race this Sunday guys:

It's going ahead! Denilson has agreed to host, so this will be the first fully-fledged series race on Spa!


Race #4: Michelin 200 Spa-Francorchamps!
  • Distance: 175 km/ 108 miles - 25 laps
    Pit stop required
  • Race Day: October 23rdth, 2011
  • Room open @ 6:30PM EDT
  • Damage: Limited
  • Winner:
 
Sounds awesome, will Denilson have the track as his lounge default se we can get some practice in during the week? I heard if it's someone's default track friends can join the lounge even when nobody's there and run the course....(fingers crossed)
 
We can definitely ask him to test it out :D:tup:
 
We can definitely ask him to test it out :D:tup:
I tried to go into his lobby to check, it seems the person at least has to be online...
But there's bunches of rooms running it anyway, I even found clean racers in one! :eek:
 
Good news about the Spa race this Sunday guys:

It's going ahead! Denilson has agreed to host, so this will be the first fully-fledged series race on Spa!


Race #4: Michelin 200 Spa-Francorchamps!
  • Distance: 175 km/ 108 miles - 25 laps
    Pit stop required
  • Race Day: October 23rdth, 2011
  • Room open @ 6:30PM EDT
  • Damage: Limited
  • Winner:

I can not get the DLC :/
 
I can not get the DLC :/

You don't need it. :)
I just drove around and raced on Spa for almost 3 hours, and it's not available on this continent yet. ;)

It will allow you in a room with the track, thank God.
 
You don't need it. :)
I just drove around and raced on Spa for almost 3 hours, and it's not available on this continent yet. ;)

It will allow you in a room with the track, thank God.

Oh yeah, just noticed about that, thanks.
 
so, anything going on this weekend?
 
I'm sorry to say, but I can't host the race.. Got work keeping me from racing.. 👎

The race starts at 1 AM here in Stockholm, Sweden, and I have to be at work by 20.00 PM (GMT). That's 3 hours before green flag. So only if the race is held like 5 hours earlier, I'm able to host.
I do not demand/expect this to happen.. Just saying..

I'm really gutted I'll miss this one.. Me and Wardez ran a couple of laps at Spa the other day (One of our races is posted a few posts up by Wardez btw), and with weak slip stream, it was so much fun! The race will be epic! 👍
 
Hmm, anyone in Europe willing to host? I'll have to look for someone. Thanks for letting me know Dennis.
 
Wardez
Hmm, anyone in Europe willing to host? I'll have to look for someone. Thanks for letting me know Dennis.

Have Dennis go into his lounge settings at Options at GT Life. Set Spa no weather as his default track. You can then join his lounge and race on Spa.
 
Ah great, but since I see Biffy viewing this, I'd be more than happy if he could host 👍

Otherwise, Owen's stated workaround should work brilliantly. I hope Denilson wouldn't mind some of the racers that would want to participate adding him.

Thanks.
 
Ah great, but since I see Biffy viewing this, I'd be more than happy if he could host 👍

Otherwise, Owen's stated workaround should work brilliantly. I hope Denilson wouldn't mind some of the racers that would want to participate adding him.

Thanks.

Ok, so how do I do this.. Just leave my lounge open at spa? How can you guys start the race?

Can I change those settings somewhere.. never done it..
 
Open lobby option:

The other option is before you leave have someone enter the open lobby. You leave the track goes to them. They can change anything but track settings.

This depends in when you leave relative to race start.




Dennis, the little gear icon at GT Life on left side. Click it. Then there is a Lounge Settings option. Click it. All make sense from there.

RDA has set his to spa and many of us go there while he is working. Hhehe.
 
Back