Road Atlanta is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in November 24 Update

• Thread starter alex511
  • 244 comments
For a 25th Anniversary, I think Road Atlanta is not a good choice.

For those special occasions it has to be something that reaches ours souls.

I think Grand Valley would melt ours fan's hearts.

Road Atlanta is a great addition, but this magic it fails to do.

Last edited:
Damn I read 'Midfield Raceway' in the german article and immediatly jumped up from my chair and slammed my knee into my desk like a moron only to then read it again and realize it says 'Michelin' :nervous:

Midfield Raceway would've been so nice ):

Road Atlanta seems to be a cool track (from watching onboard on Youtube) but like @dimassa19 said a classic GT Track would've been way better for an anniversary...

Last edited:
I think they wanted Grand Valey but most likely its not finished yet so they swapped it with Road Atlanta

For once, I'm really happy with this new track.

I discovered Road Atlanta on FM3 and it was one of my favorite track (yes it's better than Road America, sorry).

I was disappointed for another Silvia that is quite the same car as the Aero 2002 version... like literally

But hey, for once I'm going to say : Thank you PD for this track.

But yes, it doesn't make any sense regarding their 25th anniversary update.

Nothing in this update reminds you about Gran Turismo 1

And no, the Silvia is not an iconic car of GT1. TVR Cerbera or Griffits is for example... (as the Supra and the GT-R is already in the game)

Bit of a let down on a "25th anniversary" update IMO.

3 cars (yes, they're interesting ones, but still) and a track which, whilst interesting, doesn't have any significance for GT at all.

The events and bonus payouts for the short period are also lacklustre too given it's supposed to be a celebration.

And don't get me started on the special livery for the x2019... What a waste.

I appreciate that rest of the update hasn't been revealed, it may be great, but based on road Atlanta and 3 cars it's just meh.

And for someone who doesn't follow the GT world series it's just a pot luck chance I'll actually get any of the quiz rewards offered anyway

Last edited:
Road Atlanta is one of the most-requested courses among Gran Turismo fans. It currently sits tenth among real-world circuits that haven’t yet been added on GTPlanet’s own Suggestions list
What are the rest?

A good track, turn one always a challenge with a blind right turn over the hill. Wasn't expecting another American track this soon, Grand Valley was really looking forward too.
Now if they could take the same approach with new car content and mix it up, get off the worn path that the currently on with VGT & Nissan's.

Last edited:
For once, I'm really happy with this new track.

I discovered Road Atlanta on FM3 and it was one of my favorite track (yes it's better than Road America, sorry).

I was disappointed for another Silvia that is quite the same car as the Aero 2002 version... like literally

But hey, for once I'm going to say : Thank you PD for this track.

But yes, it doesn't make any sense regarding their 25th anniversary update.

Nothing in this update reminds you about Gran Turismo 1

And no, the Silvia is not an iconic car of GT1. TVR Cerbera or Griffits is for example... (as the Supra and the GT-R is already in the game)
Basically the only one thing from this update what reminds GT1 is the Silvia no more than that.

The S14 from 1994 that we actually already have ?

The S14 from 1996... yeah maybe it reminds you GT1

But personnaly, the TVR Cerbera is the iconic car of GT1. The GTLM version would explode all track records, the fastest car of all GT1 in terms of lap time.

But yeah, you're correct : it's the most GT1 of all the update.

For me the S14 is synonymous with GT1. Many people might first associate it with drifting, but not me.
When I think of GT1 I mainly think of the LM cars and the Dodge Copperhead. As far as road cars go, the Mitsubishi FTO and post-facelift 3000GT instantly come to mind. And I'd say both need to come to GT7.

The S14 from 1994 that we actually already have ?

The S14 from 1996... yeah maybe it reminds you GT1

But personnaly, the TVR Cerbera is the iconic car of GT1. The GTLM version would explode all track records, the fastest car of all GT1 in terms of lap time.

But yeah, you're correct : it's the most GT1 of all the update.
I think the iconic cars from GT1 are the blue white stripes Viper or the Castrol Supra, but both are already in the game.
1669133423615.jpeg
9433510935_cfa2576dc9_z.jpg

Last edited:
Not much for me say. A new track. Yay. I'm more excited about them fireworks.

Seems pretty obvious there was never an intention to do a themed update, it's just a regular update that they gave a catchy name. It's not like they're even consistent with all of these anniversaries anyway, GT6 was marketed as the 15th anniversary in 2013, but now we're at 25th, not 24th, in 2022. They've changed between JP and US dates.

It's just marketing.

I totally agree with you. Was preparing myself for the legendary Grand Valley 300km already.

Back