Road Atlanta is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in November 24 Update

• Thread starter alex511
  • 245 comments
First and last time I played on this track was all the way in Forza Motorsport 4 and have loved it ever since. Glad to see it arrive on GT7 for the first time. Hopefully more new tracks will make their debut in future updates.

Last edited:
Didn't expect that at all. Love having a new track but boy do they work in mysterious ways haha Given all the speculation and teases and all, I'd expect Grand Valley or something but hey, hope this is a cool one! <3333

Hell yes, love that track in IRacing and Petit Le Mans is a really underrated race irl. Considering the Imsa connection and the fact 3 of the 6 new tracks we've gotten in GT7 are raced in that series (Daytona, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta) I have hopes we might be getting a couple LMDh next year.

Also people complaining that it's not Grand Valley... GT7 updates have lots of problems, but I feel like some of the people who complain about "recycled" cars from previous games instead of new additions are the same who complain about wanting a track "more identifiable with Gran Turismo". Making people happy is impossible sometimes.

567B56E4-2B30-40CA-9270-A8A50E11A347.gif

Last edited:
To celebrate GT’s 25th anniversary, nothing says “Polyphony Digital” more than Road Atlanta being the “new” circuit.

Last edited:
Thanks PD!

Now only if we can get a new track every month. Is that too much to ask? :lol:
Yeah thats too much. esp with the level of detail they have been going for with these tracks. Every 6 Months for a new track prob is where they are at when they are accounting for all the lighting, laser scanning and touching up all the parts of the track while incorporating it in game and testing it out etc. It’s the trade off imo between close to 1:1 representation vs more creative license With tracks where you could get them out faster.

Road Atlanta is a great track, but between the completely blind apex of T3 and the huge speed you reach at the bottom of the hill the esses are going to be the murder capital of Sport Mode. :lol:
Always got me did T3 in iRacing, avoided it like the plague :) .

For once, I'm really happy with this new track.

I discovered Road Atlanta on FM3 and it was one of my favorite track (yes it's better than Road America, sorry).

I was disappointed for another Silvia that is quite the same car as the Aero 2002 version... like literally

But hey, for once I'm going to say : Thank you PD for this track.

But yes, it doesn't make any sense regarding their 25th anniversary update.

Nothing in this update reminds you about Gran Turismo 1

And no, the Silvia is not an iconic car of GT1. TVR Cerbera or Griffits is for example... (as the Supra and the GT-R is already in the game)
tbh they should do "iconic car" from each GT.

GT1 - Subaru Impreza Rally Car
GT2 - Escudo but since it exists the Mitsubishi FTO
GT3 - Toyota GT-One
GT4 - Toyota Minolta CV-88
GT5 - Ferrari F2007
GT6 - Red Bull X2014

I think that'd be really cool, and we're missing all of them thus far.

Hell yes, love that track in IRacing and Petit Le Mans is a really underrated race irl. Considering the Imsa connection and the fact 3 of the 6 new tracks we've gotten in GT7 are raced in that series (Daytona, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta) I have hopes we might be getting a couple LMDh next year.

Also people complaining that it's not Grand Valley... GT7 updates have lots of problems, but I feel like some of the people who complain about "recycled" cars from previous games instead of new additions are the same who complain about wanting a track "more identifiable with Gran Turismo". Making people happy is impossible sometimes.
EDIT: I think that Grand Valley is probably the most iconic GT track we don't currently have which is why people are clamoring for it.
I think "recycled cars" is a vastly different issue than "beloved tracks are missing"

Last edited:
I think the iconic cars of GT 1-3 are the Impreza for GT1, the Vector M12 in 2, and the F-090 from 3. Just my opinion. From GT4, either the CLK used in the Nordschleife mission or maybe the Dodge RAM for its use as a rolling roadblock.

Road Atlanta is a great track, but between the completely blind apex of T3 and the huge speed you reach at the bottom of the hill the esses are going to be the murder capital of Sport Mode. :lol:
You’ve got to the two right handers, at the back of the circuit, to bump people off. ;)

Someone asked about the list of suggested tracks. Road Atlanta sits at 17th sorted by Votes(Likes).

Also, for the Sierra(sits in 5th), it nearly completes the top five suggested cars by votes. The P1 2013 is still not added. The P1 GTR, though being added, sits on Page 5 of Votes.

Having played in Project Cars the track is very intersting to drive especially in multi class races that increase the difficult to pass. Nice turns and faster than Willow. Good job PD.

In my eyes addition of Pikes Peak would had been the perfect celebration for 25th of Gran Turismo!

Such a addition would had been awesome and a good point against the upcoming concurrence in 2023.

when guys say, but Gran Turismi has pikes peak! A selling point! But Gran Turismo now get Road Atlanta!

Back