Road Atlanta is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in November 24 Update

• Thread starter alex511
  • 245 comments
I'm excited to finally see it in GT!
Will it come with different layouts too? (Short vs Full)

1669145689290.png

Hell yes, love that track in IRacing and Petit Le Mans is a really underrated race irl. Considering the Imsa connection and the fact 3 of the 6 new tracks we've gotten in GT7 are raced in that series (Daytona, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta) I have hopes we might be getting a couple LMDh next year.

Also people complaining that it's not Grand Valley... GT7 updates have lots of problems, but I feel like some of the people who complain about "recycled" cars from previous games instead of new additions are the same who complain about wanting a track "more identifiable with Gran Turismo". Making people happy is impossible sometimes.
But somehow the haters will still find a way to attack PD for daring try a new track....but they're the ones saying they're tired of the same old Nissan GT cars and wanting more variety....

For a 25th Anniversary, I think Road Atlanta is not a good choice.

For those special occasions it has to be something that reaches ours souls.

I think Grand Valley would melt ours fan's hearts.

Road Atlanta is a great addition, but this magic it fails to do.
Well we don't know what it has until it releases so why claim it's not special...sounds like you're just trying to hate on PD despite them actually listening to fans...

For once, I'm really happy with this new track.

I discovered Road Atlanta on FM3 and it was one of my favorite track (yes it's better than Road America, sorry).

I was disappointed for another Silvia that is quite the same car as the Aero 2002 version... like literally

But hey, for once I'm going to say : Thank you PD for this track.

But yes, it doesn't make any sense regarding their 25th anniversary update.

Nothing in this update reminds you about Gran Turismo 1

And no, the Silvia is not an iconic car of GT1. TVR Cerbera or Griffits is for example... (as the Supra and the GT-R is already in the game)
Also the Toyota GT-One is a classic ,.it's been there since GT1 and 2....

Lets goooooo

i played road atlanta on Forza 3 and 4 so many times. Good old days.

Now cant wait to try it on Gran Turismo!!

Last edited:
I have visited Road Atlanta only once in person. And it wasn't a race day, so we didn't see much.

But, I have wanted to race it for quite some time!

This will be a neat addition!

I do wonder, though, if they will figure out a way to do the big dip from days gone by....

That would be VERY neat!

Not a fan of Silverstone. So flat and boring IMO. Don't think I've enjoyed it in any racing game. Feels similar to various other F1 courses being very flat and open. I'd be more interested in some mid-tier sort've tracks and not stuff just designed for F1 and GTLM cars. Like a Mid-Ohio, Ebisu, Snetterton or whatever. Sebring is a big name track but would rock just because its such a unique driving surface to drive and test cars with.

Not sure why so many people want Pikes Peak either. It is more of a rally stage. I think they only run it one direction? Was partially dirt, now all paved. Its more about time attack with crazy cars but I guess some people are into that. Doesn't seem like an all around useful track to have in the game to me. Isle of Man would be neat.

I wonder if split scree-

Kool-AID crashes through, splitting the screen, OOOH YEAHH!

Last edited:
That's awesome news!! Road Atlanta is a fantastic track and one I definitely wanted in GT 7.

Sure, Grand Valley would be more suitable for celebrating the 25 years of the franchise, no doubt, but I bet many would complain if PD changed a single turn of the track. They'd accuse PD of killing one of its most iconic tracks, like they complained about Deep Forest and Trial Mountain. Road Atlanta doesn't come with that problem 😁😁

Last edited:
Did I miss something about a career mode?

Or selling cars?

Or being able to race an American car on maybe Japanese track?

VGT is worthless
It looks like they have already given up on everything related to the solo career mode.😞
They are probably happy enough with a few random events for each track. Nothing more serious or robust as we have known so far...

No, we have more countries that only america. What about an european One? Like Silverstone?
There are more tracks in Europe than in the States. Seeing how the areas of both are almost the same, your argument is invalid.

Really, though who care where the track is located... lets just get some good tracks! R.A. is a great addition.

I actually have no idea what you mean by the "American car on Japanese track" thing. Nothing is stopping you from doing this. Literally nothing.
What are you talking about? You can race any cars you want in the japanese tracks. This isn't even a new feature of GT 7. You could do the same in GT Sport, GT 6, GT 5, GT 4...
I think what he is saying, which is something I didn't really realize until recently, that all (or most?) of the pre-made races are designed around using cars from that region on those tracks.

Like the FR races on Japanese race tracks limit you to using Japanese cars. Same for Europe or US I guess. So like I was messing with an E46 M3 and was just trying to find races to use it in and couldn't find anything outside of Europe.

Last edited:
I think what he is saying, which is something I didn't really realize until recently, that all (or most?) of the pre-made races are designed around using cars from that region on those tracks.

Like the FR races on Japanese race tracks limit you to using Japanese cars. Same for Europe or US I guess. So like I was messing with an E46 M3 and was just trying to find races to use it in and couldn't find anything outside of Europe.
Yeah, an update on that would be welcome. It's incredible and annoying how they restricted career mode. Makes 0 sense.

Yeah, an update on that would be welcome. It's incredible and annoying how they restricted career mode. Makes 0 sense.
I mean, it does make it a little annoying but I also like the various restricted races. I liked GT2 having like "Station Wagon" races etc.

I think the way I'd like them to fix it is just by having more events. Have Japanese only FR events in Europe and US, Euro FF cars only on US tracks etc.. But then also have an FF Unlimited event for each one yada yada..

Or what would solve all of it and what I keep dreaming about: (Better) Custom Races (and championships) that you can save, name, make thumbnails for, pin to the race pages, and share with other people. And more credits. Would solve all the lack of event complaints.

Yep, that ocurred to me as soon as I finished replying. He must've been talking specifically about the campaign, like you said. Although I do think we can use american cars on a few Tokyo Expressway races, at least, if my mind is not playing tricks with me.

Anyway, PD should really expand the career mode asap. Tracks like Monza and Mt. Panorama are barely used.

Last edited:
Yep, that ocurred to me as soon as I finished replying. He must've been talking specifically about the campaign, like you said. Although I do think we can use american cars on a few Tokyo Expressway races, at least, if my mind is not playing tricks with me.

Anyway, PD should really expand the career mode asap. Tracks like Monza and Mt. Panorama are barely used.
We Can use Japanese 4WD cars at Trial mountain. Also Hyper Cars there as well. Specific events rather than an all in.

Back