Road Atlanta is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in November 24 Update

  • Thread starter Thread starter alex511
  • 245 comments
  • 39,977 views
Just wanna point out the fact that the two new tracks PD has added to the game just so happen to host two of IMSA's biggest endurance races....


Surely that's not pure coincidence right?
Well, racing games tend to license circuits that are particularly famous. So it’s probably not a coincidence, but assuming it has something to do with IMSA is a stretch.
 
Just wanna point out the fact that the two new tracks PD has added to the game just so happen to host two of IMSA's biggest endurance races....


Surely that's not pure coincidence right?
Didn't they recently announce a partnership with IMSA? Which I thought was interesting because Forza did as well earlier. Figured it would've been exclusive since Polyphony seem to be tied to the FIA.
 
Shame there is no Silverstone but Road Atlanta is cool!!!!!
 
I'm ashamed to admit it but...this is where I learned Road Atlanta.
VMClassicsRoadAtlanta1.jpg
 
Is there an official ranking of tracks the community wishes to see?
 
R3V
Is there an official ranking of tracks the community wishes to see?
Nope. There's just the GTPlanet one, which I suppose was technically official at one point but isn't really.

Go here and select "Filter, First Message Reaction Score":
 
Nope. There's just the GTPlanet one, which I suppose was technically official at one point but isn't really.

Go here and select "Filter, First Message Reaction Score":
Is it okay to spam all the tracks I want that aren't listed?
 
R3V
Is it okay to spam all the tracks I want that aren't listed?
Define "spam". Also it's been up for eight years; finding tracks that aren't listed is a challenge - never mind "all".
 
I loved driving Road Atlanta in Sports Car GT and also in rfactor back in 2007.

Has the layout changed a lot since then?

It was a great flowing track.
 
it'll be another just another forgotten race track if it wont have high paying race.
 
After the IMSA partnership was announced in August, I said:
This basically confirms the inclusion of Road Atlanta in a future update. Hopefully we get the DPI's as well
The track hardly comes as a surprise to me but I'm no less excited to drive on it.
 
Last edited:
Having played in Project Cars the track is very intersting to drive especially in multi class races that increase the difficult to pass. Nice turns and faster than Willow. Good job PD.
Road Atlanta isn't in PC2. At least, on the console version it's not.

Either way, it's a most welcome addition and, like an earlier poster said, gives me a reason to fire up GT7 again.

Just adding Road Atlanta is good enough for me.
 
Last edited:
Road Atlanta is an awesome welcome!!

Let’s hope the events are worth it!
 
Last edited:
Just watched an onboard video of a GT3 RS running on Road Atlanta, seems like a fun track to me.
 
Last edited:
What are you talking about? You can race any cars you want in the japanese tracks. This isn't even a new feature of GT 7. You could do the same in GT Sport, GT 6, GT 5, GT 4...
Ya thats more like an after thought. I have not made my own race to date. Figured the game designers would do that.

Sharing custom races like livery would be interesting.
 
Not really sure there all that committed to the IMSA Partnership on this, just adding IMSA tracks and not adding/updating cars is a big miss.
 
That's amazing!! I've always vastly prefer road Atlanta over road America. I remember having a blast doing the petit le man's there in iracing and winning my class (definitely not the top split though 🤣)
 
Road Atlanta is a fantastic track. Full of character, quite challenging, and really satisfying to nail. I have insanely fond memories of a lot of races I have done here in iRacing, so it's awesome to see it come to GT7.

Great addition to the roster.

Get that positivity out of here good sir.
 
Never heard of this track before, but it looks nice. Hopefully there'll be events to go along with it.
 
Project CARS has Road America, not Road Atlanta which will be included here.
My bad.. i messed with games... Asseto Corsa was the game....
 
What a pleasant surprise to see Road Atlanta in a Gran Turismo game! I really enjoyed this track on FM2.
I hope for more real tracks in the near future.
 
Back