Road/Street Car 550pp 1hour Endurance race at Spa (28th August)Finished 

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 121 comments
I don't know, maybe Cobrius in his Nardo might be able to keep up with that NSX…

I personally like a chance at a challenge:)

I don't know, maybe Cobrius in his Nardo might be able to keep up with that NSX…

I personally like a chance at a challenge:)

It is 550pp not 600pp and it is Spa.
For what I tested yesterday, the Nsx proto was fast but not flying compared to the M3, a ZZ II or my detuned MacLaren MP4-12C.

I will do more tests tonight and if the NSX is too fast, I will change. I agree with you: if the car makes too much difference there is no point.

Edit: I will change anyway so there is no need to discuss this further. ;)

Last edited:
Enjoying the rivalry developing here :)

Even with Kefran out front there should still be some good battles throughout the field.

No rivalry. I agree with @carya. If the car is too fast, it is better that we have a gentleman agreement to do not use it even if it copes with the regulation.

My intention was not to steal the race driving a car that has an unfair advantage. I know the NSX-R proto is insane at 600pp but when I detuned it yesterday to 550pp it was still very good but seemed back in the "normal zone".
Maybe I have not tuned it at 550pp the optimal way so there was some remaining potential.

As I said, anyway I will be driving something else on Thursday: I am back to "car to be confirmed" :)

Last edited:
No rivalry. I agree with @carya. If the car is too fast, it is better that we have a gentleman agreement to do not use it even if it copes with the regulation.

My intention was not to steal the race driving a car that has an unfair advantage....

I agree too, it would be nice if we all can run at similair laptimes.

I'm doing 2.23 - 2.24 with the Nardo, anyone else have any laptimes? If it's too fast I could change car or maybe detune it? If it's too slow I better get some more practice.

2'23-2'24 is very good 👍. I do not think that many drivers will be consistent at those lap times. It might very well be a winning pace.

No need to lower your Nardo specs even if it is quite fast: it is a pp based race so part of the game is also to select and tune a car that performs well on the combo.
... we should just avoid cars that lead to unfair situations.

Last edited:
For me I'm setting up these races as a quick and easy endurance race because I miss them so much from previous GT games. A kind of 'get in your car and drive' event.

I know that with pp limit races you will always get a range of cars that will perform better. That's why I'm just arranging these single events. If it was a series I would limit the cars and spend a lot more time with regs!!

:)

I agree too, it would be nice if we all can run at similair laptimes.

I'm doing 2.23 - 2.24 with the Nardo, anyone else have any laptimes? If it's too fast I could change car or maybe detune it? If it's too slow I better get some more practice.

I'm getting steady 2.27-8's in the x-bow for now. Might get that down to the low 2.26's by Thursday.

I've still been having issues with the GT6 servers today guys. Has anyone been having the same issues?

Obviously if it is still playing up when race day comes I may have to postpone :(

I'm getting steady 2.27-8's in the x-bow for now. Might get that down to the low 2.26's by Thursday.

I think I will join you for some X-Bow action :cheers:. It will be the opportunity to try to tune the R version correctly :confused:.

I need to check how tyres and fuel tank evolve before confirming this choice.

Edit: Servers seem OK at the moment.

Trouble with servers was one of the main reasons why I took a break from this game. There were almost always people that couldn't see each other and disconnections and whatever. Now since I'm starting to enjoy it again I can only hope it's better.

I think I will join you for some X-Bow action :cheers:. It will be the opportunity to try to tune the R version correctly :confused:.

Haven't thought about tyres and fuel! Hope it's OK. Let me know what sort of times your getting. I'm going with the street version, got it as a prize car and I'm too tight to go buy any new cars until I get 20m for the GT40.

It is the opposite for me: I already have upgrades on the R version so I will go for this one (of course except if someone has an issue with this car choice. In that case, I will change again :P ... ).

I have never prepared a X-Bow so I do not know for the fuel tank. I will check that it can last one hour with only one stop.

Last edited:

Ok no probs :)

Haven't thought about tyres and fuel! Hope it's OK. Let me know what sort of times your getting. I'm going with the street version, got it as a prize car and I'm too tight to go buy any new cars until I get 20m for the GT40.

I ended testing both X-BOW: "street" and "R". I think I prefer the "Street" but the difference seems marginal between both.

Good news: Fuel will not be an issue
Less good news: Depending on the type of tune you use (safe or agressive), the car may become very unstable even with 7/7 tyres (rear whels).

The race should be 25 laps (more or less) so better test you car on a 13-14 laps run to see how it behaves at the end (assuming you want to do only one stop) ;)

The X-Bow is extremely slow in straights... we will suffer during the first laps of the race even if we do good qualifiers :crazy:

Edit: I won't have time to do additional tests before the race so I will go for the KTM X-BOW STREET `12 - #17

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pain, I ran a long test in the Cadillac, and it's just not a sensible choice for an enduro. I'd like to change to the Lexus IS F CCS-R.

Getting similiar lap times is probably the best way to get a nice group of competition, either way i know ill be running behind the pack with my Nissan 300zx, but hey, it's a 1989 < when i was born, so i'm going to enjoy the hell out of it! Sorry to make any of you other guys feel old! :lol:

You don't make me feel old, I'm only a year ahead of you!

I ended testing both X-BOW: "street" and "R". I think I prefer the "Street" but the difference seems marginal between both.

Good news: Fuel will not be an issue
Less good news: Depending on the type of tune you use (safe or agressive), the car may become very unstable even with 7/7 tyres (rear whels).

The race should be 25 laps (more or less) so better test you car on a 13-14 laps run to see how it behaves at the end (assuming you want to do only one stop) ;)

The X-Bow is extremely slow in straights... we will suffer during the first laps of the race even if we do good qualifiers :crazy:

Edit: I won't have time to do additional tests before the race so I will go for the KTM X-BOW STREET `12 - #17

Only had time to do 7 laps last night. The tyres dropped to 9 going round eou rouge (think that's how you spell it) on the 8th lap. Is that similar to you?

I've did some more tweaking prior to that so the car is now more stable and giving me more consistent lap times but ultimately slower. Still hoping to get low to mid 2.26's consistently by race day.

You don't make me feel old, I'm only a year ahead of you!

Only had time to do 7 laps last night. The tyres dropped to 9 going round eou rouge (think that's how you spell it) on the 8th lap. Is that similar to you?

I've did some more tweaking prior to that so the car is now more stable and giving me more consistent lap times but ultimately slower. Still hoping to get low to mid 2.26's consistently by race day.

You will have no issue with tyres. They will be at 8 or 9 when you will pit. That's perfect.

For the pace, I think it is manageable to be faster than the lap times you mention. Tuning seems the key with the x-bow...

You will have no issue with tyres. They will be at 8 or 9 when you will pit. That's perfect.

For the pace, I think it is manageable to be faster than the lap times you mention. Tuning seems the key with the x-bow...

I don't think I'll be able to get below 2.26 consistently somehow. I could probably do at least low 2.25 maybe dip into the 2.24's if I tune the car back to where I had it before last night. That would be a one off lap for my ability as the car was very skittish at that pace. Where I have it now it's actually quite difficult to loose the rear end through the high speed sections. Still got a little work to do to get to my target time. Like you say the tune is quite important with this car.

Hey paolo, I've only just come across this thread by chance - even though you tagged me earlier - weird.

Anyway, I'd ike to take part, please. I'll go with a good old fashioned street car with no aero I reckon, it'll be more fun to tune, if frustrating to race :lol:

550PP was something I did a lot of on GT5 and I seem to remember the M3 CSL being a pleasure to drive, so I'll go for that, please.

:cheers:

Back