Road/Street Car 550pp 1hour Endurance race at Spa (28th August)Finished 

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 121 comments
I'm searching for the host of the lobby for the 1 hour long race. Who should i be looking for?

I am receiving error code (844) I am incompatible with the network host.........sorry guys, i really wanted to drive for an hour too!

Looking forward to this one :)

Whilst sitting in the pits, I had an idea for future races, @paoloevans: Instead of limiting the aero cars to stock aero, why not just run two classes - the first, a standard street car class; the second, an aero category for streetcars/concept cars with fully adjustable aero settings?

Then we sidestep this "it's unfair" type of feeling amongst the drivers who choose not to run aero cars.

What do you reckon, too much work or worth a shot?

There is something wrong in this picture: will you find it ?

14879677350_b3cf5bb537.jpg

There is something wrong in this picture: will you find it ? (V2, this time with special effects)

15066025652_03fdce884a.jpg

More seriously, I apologize to drivers I touched (Paolo multiple times, Aboe but maybe some others). I tried to do not overtake right after "bumps" but that was too many times anymay.

Great race all !
Thanks again to @paoloevans for organising this :cheers:

Last edited:
Looking forward to this one :)

Whilst sitting in the pits, I had an idea for future races, @paoloevans: Instead of limiting the aero cars to stock aero, why not just run two classes - the first, a standard street car class; the second, an aero category for streetcars/concept cars with fully adjustable aero settings?

Then we sidestep this "it's unfair" type of feeling amongst the drivers who choose not to run aero cars.

What do you reckon, too much work or worth a shot?

I thinks that's an awesome idea mate. I will put that into the next race. If I let you know when I'm planning/organising it we could maybe set it up together?

There is something wrong in this picture: will you find it ?

14879677350_b3cf5bb537.jpg

There is something wrong in this picture: will you find it ? (V2, this time with special effects)

15066025652_03fdce884a.jpg

More seriously, I apologize to drivers I touched (Paolo multiple times, Aboe but maybe some others). I tried to do not overtake right after "bumps" but that was too many times anymay.

Great race all !
Thanks again to @paoloevans for organising this :cheers:

Lol no worries. It was nice to see you on track when I wasn't actually being lapped! :)

Last edited:
14880192427_390591e2dd_z.jpg

14880166398_d8039a95cf_z.jpg

Edit: Disqualp finished 8th between paoloevans (7th) and theGaz6076 (9th). Nicklas911 is 10th.

Best lap
: 2'20.154 :D (fuel tank @40%)

I think I had some network problems and there might be some drivers I did not see. Results from my PS3 perspective may be missing someone.

Last edited:
No idea how you managed that time in the x-bow @TGR_Kefran. There's an x-bow missing that finished just in front of me, I should of only finished 9th. Another lap an I would of been able to challenge him :banghead:

I was quite disappointed with my race pace. Was only managing high 2.26's. Was capable of low 2.25s as you can see by my fastest lap. When I finished the race I noticed my PP was 544? Anyone know why that might of happened? Perhaps that's why my pace was a little off to what I was used to.

No idea how you managed that time in the x-bow @TGR_Kefran. There's an x-bow missing that finished just in front of me, I should of only finished 9th. Another lap an I would of been able to challenge him :banghead:

I was quite disappointed with my race pace. Was only managing high 2.26's. Was capable of low 2.25s as you can see by my fastest lap. When I finished the race I noticed my PP was 544? Anyone know why that might of happened? Perhaps that's why my pace was a little off to what I was used to.

Maybe your car now needs an oil change to boost the pp back up. Was the oil fresh before the race??

I changed it a few days ago. The cars only done a couple hundred miles since then, all of them at spa. I guess I should of changed it just before the race too. Newbie error 🤬

I thinks that's an awesome idea mate. I will put that into the next race. If I let you know when I'm planning/organising it we could maybe set it up together?

I am not sure that aero vs non-aero is the only criteria for the race to be fair (... and x-bow aero is not tunable :P).

Another option could be to set more specific regulations: for example for a race on Suzuka @550pp, it could be:
- production cars
- Japanese brand
- Weight > 1100 kg
- NSX prohibited

Of course there will still be cars that are bad choices... and others that are good choices but it is the fun of pp based races: car selection and tuning are part of what you need to do correctly in order to perform well.

Last edited:
I am not sure that aero vs non-aero is the only criteria for the race to be fair (... and x-bow aero is not tunable :P).

Another option could be to set more specific regulations: for example for a race on Suzuka @550pp, it could be:
- production cars
- Japanese brand
- Weight > 1100 kg
- NSX prohibited

Of course there will still be cars that are bad choices... and others that are good choices but it is the fun of pp based races: car selection and tuning are part of what you need to do correctly in order to perform well.

These are all very good ideas. The main reason I set up these events is just to have a good fun Enduro particularly racing my 458 :) so I'm easy with any sugestions. Obviously I would have to change ride for a Japanese event! :)

These are all very good ideas. The main reason I set up these events is just to have a good fun Enduro particularly racing my 458 :) so I'm easy with any sugestions. Obviously I would have to change ride for a Japanese event! :)

Japanese brand was only an example. We could very well think to things like the following too:

F458 vs GT-R
Ferrari & Lamborghini only (I have always thought that would be a good idea!)

💡

Thanks paoloevans for organizing this race, it was good fun.

Looked on the replay that maybe I'm the one who turned Kefran around in the first corner, but I couldn't do much from my position so...

I had some really close racing with paolo for several laps and at the first overtake I was really surprised to get a penalty. I have not used the penalties for a very long time so I wasn't sure what to do. Thought about it for a few seconds and decided to give back the position.

Anyway I had a good time and maybe we'll race again some time.

Thanks paoloevans for organizing this race, it was good fun.

Looked on the replay that maybe I'm the one who turned Kefran around in the first corner, but I couldn't do much from my position so...

I had some really close racing with paolo for several laps and at the first overtake I was really surprised to get a penalty. I have not used the penalties for a very long time so I wasn't sure what to do. Thought about it for a few seconds and decided to give back the position.

Anyway I had a good time and maybe we'll race again some time.

Those early laps where great fun and great racing. I was surprised you had the penalty as I think you did have the corner?! Still as you said cobrius it was really close racing :)

Japanese brand was only an example. We could very well think to things like the following too:

F458 vs GT-R
Ferrari & Lamborghini only (I have always thought that would be a good idea!)

💡

Again Kefran great ideas. Next time we race I'm happy for anyone to choose cars/regs etc. I don't mind hosting. If we can organise a race as a group then that will be an ultimate event :)

My X-Bow R tune:

Here it is (Thionville Performance Center - Virtual Garage)

:cheers:

The car is obviously very fast... BUT... It is very different from the other production road cars:
- Higher speed in curves
- Shorter braking distance
- Slower straight speed
- Less acceleration
- Weak launch

All this make racing with non X-Bow cars around you extremely complicated.
- You need to try extreme maneuvers in curves to overtake opponents as it is nearly impossible using the usual straight/draft approach.
- Other cars brake (and not just a bit) in places you don't have to.
- As you can brake very late compared to the competition, you need to apply extra care when you follow others.

This makes fighting with others less enjoyable and more risky than with a more standard car choice.

Back