ROC - FC Edition: FINAL ROUND Specifics (FINISHED)

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 106 comments
Portugal
Lisboa
FLAT_TWELVE

picture.php

picture.php

EDITION

ROUND
picture.php

SPECIFICS

I - List of Participants:

a) CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE FINAL RACE

1. PiotrB_23
2. Zedux

WINNER: Zedux

b) 3TH and 4TH FINAL RACE

3. mhm66
4. Host_Killer

WINNER: mhm66

II - Final Classification

1 - FERRARI CHALLENGE RACE OF CHAMPIONS EDITION ... CHAMPION!

Zedux

2 - FERRARI CHALLENGE RACE OF CHAMPIONS EDITION ... 2ND PLACE!

PiotrB_23

3 - FERRARI CHALLENGE RACE OF CHAMPIONS EDITION ... 3RD PLACE!

mhm66

4 - FERRARI CHALLENGE RACE OF CHAMPIONS EDITION ... 4TH PLACE!

Host_Killer

So, we reached the FINAL Round. The one that will decide who is, and will for always be remembered, as the first FC-ROC Champion, a title valid both among gtplanet and eutechnyx forums members.

As I said about Round Four, all drivers that have reached this stage have shown incredible skill, be it by performing very fast laps in various tracks, cars and conditions, be it by their consistency in keeping their speed throughout entire races.

But the point of any championship is to decide WHO, among the best drivers, is "primus inter pares". So, we need to know who that guy is, and we will find that out after we know who won the "Title Race".

As for the two drivers that lost their races in Round Four, they too deserve to race this round between themselves. I know it will be a small consolation prize for very fast/very good drivers, but I hope you guys see it as a honour granted and well-deserved for your outstanding achievements in this event.

III - Timeframe for each pairing to do the races:
Starting next Monday, April 20th, from 00:00 GMT, until Sunday April 26th, with the race result sent by PSN PM to me (PSN ID: GTP_Hun) until 23:59 GMT

The drivers will schedule the race for a day and time of their convenience but, in this Round, I want them to:

a) Tell me (by PSN PM) when will the race take place. It would be convenient to schedule the race-day (and time) a few days before it happens.

c) If I'm able to attend, I will and will spectate the race (organizer's privilege, lol)

d) Each driver can also invite ONE other friend to spectate the race. No one should ask for an invite, let's leave it interely up to the players who they decide to invite (and if they want to do it).

e) The lobby-host will be the driver named first in the above pairings, and he is also the responsible to establish the needed contact with his competitor and with me.

f) the lobby will of course be private (all slots reserved) so it will be the responsability of the host to send the invites to everyone else that is supposed to be present.

g) When setting up the lobby, the host will set the grid option by "FASTEST LAP (REVERSE)", this will helpfully lead to the racers being "launched" at the back of the rolling start.

h) if any of the players to be invited to the lobby (including me) aren't online on PSN by the time when the race is supposed to take place, that's their (and my) problem, the race won't be delayed between the racers because of that.

IV - The Car

picture.php

FERRARI FXX

V - The Track

picture.php

SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS

VI - Race start Rules

A) Racers: Immediately after both racers get control of their cars they must stop and, as quick as possible go back to the start/finish line and place their car in the grid, occupying pole position and second place (or just behind the race line, if no grid spots are painted on the track). Best option to do this is probably to use reverse gear, but that's up to the player. Practise on how to do this right is highly recommended, because it is tricky to avoid a game-disqualification.

After both cars are stopped and in position, the race starts when the race clock reaches 00:40, unless BOTH RACERS agree on a different time or (if both use working headsets) they want to set a "verbal" countdown (from one of them) once both are ready.

In this Round, complying with this race start rule is MANDATORY!

B) Spectators: The "Non-racers" will proceede normally with their cars and will immediately look for a place to park their carsWELL OUTSIDE THE TRACK AND ONLY PAST THE FIRST HALF OF THE LONG UPHILL STRAIGHT , keeping a slow move when necessary to avoid disqualification. This is further detailed below.

VII - Weather condition

black_rain_by_hres.jpg

WET

VIII - Length of race

30 MINUTES

IX - Spectators Rules (NEW)

A) Race Start - As explained above, spectators will keep their cars going after the race starts. However, if a spectator is placed at the start in any other position than 1st, they must immediately brake after they gain control of their car, to avoid ramming the car in front (it could be a "racer" that must return to the grid) and they also must do whatever it takes to avoid troubling the racers race start procedures. After the track in front is clear, or the player(s) ahead are also spectators, proceede and, PAST THE FIRST HALF OF THE LONG UPHILL STRAIGHT, find a place to leave the track and park the car as far away from it as possible.

B) In race - Spectators can, during the length of the race, move their cars to watch the racers go by in different spots. However, thay can only use the track when the racers are nowhere near to the place they themselves are. This must be done in a way that never the racers will be able to see the spectators with their cars on the track.

C) Race End - It is strictly forbidden to watch the race end parked close to the start-finish line, as the presence of other cars there can be distracting and, in case of a close finish, I don't want that. It is also forbidden to park them in the last section of the track. Find a place somewhere else, preferably in the first section of the track.

These rules can be changed without notice, so keep checking this post.

To all the Round Five racers ... Good Luck!

Last edited:
Mario, perhaps I'm wrong but if a car is off the track, after a certain amount of time, doesn't the disqualification clock continue ticking even if you're moving? And this would force spectators to get back on the track. Or even stay on the track for most of the time.

:confused: I never experienced that :confused: but will have to find out about it. Only problem is ... I'm going away tonight and will only return sunday night, so I won't have a chance of doing experiences with FC until the end of this weekend.

If we find out that it's impossible to keep a car off-track ... there'll be no spectators.

PS - In that case it'll be a pity, I really would 've enjoyed "being there" when these round races happen :indiff:

yes!!! thank you so much Mário isn't she the prettiest girl on earth!!! :)

... and not forgetting the 5th round I'm more motivated than ever against the killer as I looooooove wet racing!!!!

Felipe, to tell you the truth I had no idea this girl was your beloved Arianny, all the 5 pics are stored in my album since the beggining of the event, but I'm glad your wish was granted :D

I really don't remember for sure but I thought this was the case. I'll try to test this over the weekend and will post my findings. Unless somebody else knows for certain.

I really don't remember for sure but I thought this was the case. I'll try to test this over the weekend and will post my findings. Unless somebody else knows for certain.

jjaisli - you can be off track just move once in a while when the clock shows up!

Well Mário anyways thank you lol!!!

If I win I want this girl as a prize :P .

sorry m8 but she's mine :sly: but if you win I don't deserve her 👍

p.s. just kidding lol I don't even know if I'll make to the finals!!!

Mário - did you already choose which gonna be the car and track?!!! I wanna get a guess but I'm affraid I get it right and you change it lol

Zedux I think that making to the finals is just a matter of time for you :). Exacly as winning this. I don't think that I beat you but I do my best.

As far car and track. I don't have a clue which car will be but I think that I know which track will Mário pick up for a final :).

Zedux I think that making to the finals is just a matter of time for you :). Exacly as winning this. I don't think that I beat you but I do my best.

your words are sweet lol but I'm pretty much sure it's gonna be all down to whoever can keep the car on the track. Whoever makes a mistake is gonna loose this race so it's pretty much 50%-50% and you know those last 10 mins in 30 minutes races can pretty much increase the change of making a mistake by 100%! :cheers:

Last edited:
Good luck to both racers in the final. Looks like mh66 and i were more compatible in lap times. Should be a good race.

This should be a great match-up: the experience of the Brazilian veteran against the raw talent of the Polish newbie. 👍

Could the two of you confirm what controllers you will be using.

I'll be using a backup DS3 with some buttons not that good as my main control is dead! I tried cleaning it with perfume LOL!!!

BTW I'm the underdog here not him... not being racing FC frequently so PietrB take it easy with me :) THIS is killing my FC skills :banghead:

Last edited:
...I don't have a clue which car will be but I think that I know which track will Mário pick up for a final :).

:D

It wasn't hard to guess, Piotr, unless you are talking to someone that has only played Gran Turismo games. Every gamer that ever had the chance to play a racing game featuring Spa knows that this is a track to be loved and respected. I knew Spa would be the track to use in the finals even before I knew what track to pick for the first round! ;)

About the car, I decided to go for the current "flagship" of the Ferrari Armada. I also took this decision very early in this event.

I'm not sure that this "Final" Round is the hardest of them all, in my view both Rounds 3 and 4 were very hard also. Anyway, this round will always be hard because - if for nothing else - you guys will be racing at the highest level, and you'll be discussing, at last, the final standings in this event.

And the FXX, at Spa, in the wet, for 30 minutes, with an absolute need to be both very fast and very "safe" ... is no easy task.

I hope you all, the 4 of you, have fun with this race. Remember, I want to watch both races if possible, so schedule them a few days in advance and tell me the day/time of race as soon as you reach a convenient agreement between you.

And also, don't forget this: the "standing start" is mandatory this time; and the grid must be set to "Fastest Lap (Reverse)".

Good luck! 👍

Pitty i did not make it to this round. just did a few races with Host_killer, Zedux & mhm66. Great races we had & fast times.

Zedux - 2:21
Energiya - 2:22
mhm66 - 2:23
Host_killer - 2:25

Look forward to race again guys & thanks for great racing

I'll be using a backup DS3 with some buttons not that good as my main control is dead! I tried cleaning it with perfume LOL!!!

BTW I'm the underdog here not him... not being racing FC frequently so PietrB take it easy with me :) THIS is killing my FC skills :banghead:
I'm a bit suprised that you using DS3. I thought that you are also a wheel man.

I play all my racing games on wheel - Driving Force Pro. I played FC on pad once but I don't like it at all.

I'm not sure how big your experience with FC is Zedux but I driven some cars just once before some races online so that was hard to not make a mistake when some of you guys drive really fast.

Ferrari FXX is a very interesting car that has incredible brakes and engine that produces more than 800BHP without turbo ! Spa was always my favourite circuit in the world so I like this combo.

30 minutes? In the wet? At Spa? In the FXX?

You're a hard man Mario.

No wonder they call you...

The Hun! :scared:

:lol: but I'm not into slaughtering people or burning villages, like Attila. He was the "Scourge of God", I'm just the "Scourge of Enzo" :D

I'm a bit suprised that you using DS3. I thought that you are also a wheel man.

I am a racing man :) I've got a G25 which is an awesome experience and is definitely a pro with FC but unfortunately for some reasons I can't use it so I've got to race for now with a DS3 which doesn't help my lap times and long races is a problem too but right now I've no option. Anyway I've no excuses if I loose our race it will just show you were a better driver! I don't know your psn id but you can add me - zedux - can we race today?!! lol!!!

Mário - who will host the race?! FXX and the Enzo are very very different beasts I can assure you that lol. I imagine if you can just keep the Enzo on track you must be a damn great warrior lol!!!!

When I said the "Scourge of Enzo" I was talking about mr. Enzo Ferrari, the man, not the car :D

About your questions:

Check I. a) of the opening post, Piotr's PSN ID is what's written there.

Also, check III. e). Acording to this rule, PiotrB is responsible to contact you in order to schedule the race, and he is also responsible to open the lobby and send you, me, and your "guests" (one each, if you want them) the needed invites.

His first tasks, however, are to establish contact with you, find a day/time to race that is conveniente to both you guys, and know if you want to invite one person to spectate it (you should provide the PSN ID of such person).

Then he will contact me and tell me when are you guys going to do your race. If I can attend, I will. 👍

Last edited:
I'll host a race because I'm first listened in pairings. Soon I send you a PSN friend request. Race today? :) I don't even competed a lap with FXX on wet :eek:

So you using DS3 because you can't use G25? All of this fast times you done using G25 or DS3? The "dead zone" issue hurting a bit wheel drivers but not in all cars. I wonder if this will be a problem with FXX.

EDIT: Mário was faster :)

Last edited:
It's a bit disconcerting that all the Aliens* in FC - Sarrinen, SEGEL, Zedux - seem to be using pads rather than wheels. Makes you wonder if the Brawn team is secretly driving with DS3 controllers. Come to think of it, I did notice that Jensen Button has unusually well-developed thumbs...

* FC racers putting in impossibly fast lap times suggesting that they are:

a) members of a technologically advanced off-planet species
or
b) receiving assistance from a Higher Power.

a - So you using DS3 because you can't use G25?

b - All of this fast times you done using G25 or DS3?

a - yes I could but I can't for some reasons.

b - which car which track? I don't remember when I clocked that lap with the FXX at Spa if that's you're asking so I don't remembered what I was using!

It's a bit disconcerting that all the Aliens* in FC - Sarrinen, SEGEL, Zedux - seem to be using pads rather than wheels. Makes you wonder if the Brawn team is secretly driving with DS3 controllers.

They are of course. Reubens can't come to terms with the self centering steering. And left thumb braking is catching him out. So he's a bit behind yesterday's wonder boy.

But kidding aside, I've been told that racing FC with the controller was much easier than GT5P and therefore easier to set competitive times, relative to the wheel. And seeing some of these incredible times and the consistency of guys like Sarrinen69, not to mention his impossibly late braking points, I was beginning to suspect that Sixaxis racers had a distinct advantage over elbow greasers like us.

But PiotrB's times, coupled with the fact that he's relative inexperienced at Ferrari Challenge clearly show that it's possible to be lightening quick with a wheel as well.

Zedux, I suspect you're equally fast with either wheel or controller but what's your opinion on this? Do you think one is quicker than the other, both equally fast or just simply impossible to compare? I wasn't honed on the controller and the thought of racing with it is about as appetizing as eating worms. But it is interesting that a lot of the truly fast guys you there are using the controller.

hi guys
great pratice today zedux,ENERGIYA,host_killer and waynejones.I learnd alot about the fxx
in the wet.that is not and easy car to drive.think we will have so interestring final rounds.Zedux and i pratice the standing start,and we were very close to being disqualified.It takes long time to stop the car,and it's not easy to reverse.

to host_killer
how about we do our race friday around the time we played today.
I think it's 6 or 7 am gmt.
then we will have some time to pratice.

Last edited:
Zedux, I suspect you're equally fast with either wheel or controller but what's your opinion on this? Do you think one is quicker than the other, both equally fast or just simply impossible to compare? I wasn't honed on the controller and the thought of racing with it is about as appetizing as eating worms. But it is interesting that a lot of the truly fast guys you there are using the controller.

ex: FFB, understeer feel, oversteer feel, clock like left/right turning, simultaneous brake-accelerate, etc. are all impossible with the pad so to be honest I think wheel drive can't be slower than pad as the pad is handicapped. I think both DS3 and wheel drive with the right guy can run faster than the other but in my case I personally (zedux) need to overcome more challenges with the pad than with the wheel drive to post fast laps from the examples on top. but again it's all down to the driver as you can see Button did a great job with Brawn and barrichello didn't! segel is a kart racer and so am I, I usually win my races and post fastest laps too and I believe the same applies to Segel what I mean with this is you are competitive anywhere and adapt to different circumstances! and this apply to thousands of people out there too!

Last edited:
how about we do our race friday around the time we played today.
I think it's 6 or 7 am gmt.

6 or 7 am? :ill:

Well, if you guys go with such a schedule, I won't be able to attend. Weekdays I'm only able to use the PS3 at night, or any time of day if it's Saturday or Sunday.

Anyway, when you sort it out just don't forget to tell me when, I'll join you if I can.

.... Zedux and i pratice the standing start,and we were very close to being disquallyfied.It takes long time to stop the car,and it's not easy to reverse.

I didn't try this myself with this car/track/weather combo. I'll try it and will report what I find (and will change this rule if I find it necessary).

ex: FFB, understeer feel, oversteer feel, clock like left/right turning, simultaneous brake-accelerate, etc. are all impossible with the pad so to be honest I think wheel drive can't be slower than pad as the pad is handicapped...

Very interesting. Without really knowing, this was always my assumption. And I always had a certain degree of admiration for pad racers just because they lacked this additional sensory input and I wondered how they managed to be so fast without it. But I guess as you say, it's just about adapting and pushing with a competitive instinct.

I think for myself, I care less about those ultimate few tenths than I do about enjoying the experience. And everything that helps improve the realism is a bonus. I probably would not have purchased the PS3 had there not been an option to race with a wheel simply because I enjoy the FFB and perceiving the sense of oversteer and understeer, like one can with a real car.

None-the-less, I still find the correlation raises an eyebrow. And I'm guessing guys who are heavy gamers outside of racing sims do enjoy some advantage in a sense.

Back