ROC - FC Edition: FINAL ROUND Specifics (FINISHED)

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 106 comments
hi
i will not be able to race saturday,so i thought it'll be better to have it friday.the time i surgested is 8-9 am in denmark and i get of work at 6 am.and i can see thet host_killer is from usa so it will be afternoon or somthing for him.

I don't know what US time zone is HK from (East, the two Centrals, or West ) , but 8 am in Denmark should be between 11 PM PST (in the West) and 2 AM EST (in the East) in his time zone.

Anyway, as I said, weekdays I can only play at night so I probably won't be able to spectate your race. Even if that's the case, please tell me in advance when it's going to happen, if I can I will show up 👍

EDIT:
:lol: Poor guy--that would only give you, what, 90 minutes of sleep?

A bit more, but not much ... :dopey:

I am GMT -4 hours...

I definitely need practice... I am off the pace.

Am I the only one in the final four racing with whee?

I am GMT -4 hours...

I definitely need practice... I am off the pace.

Am I the only one in the final four racing with whee?

i am gmt +2
so if we are going to race friday morning(my time) it will be around
midnight for you.I hope we can do it at that time because i really dont
have much free time this week-end.

Zedux and i pratice the standing start,and we were very close to being disqualified.It takes long time to stop the car,and it's not easy to reverse.

I didn't try this myself with this car/track/weather combo. I'll try it and will report what I find (and will change this rule if I find it necessary).

Ok, with the kind cooperation of jjaisli I have tested this and didn't find it that hard. 2nd placed car gets to the grid in 20 seconds and 1st placed car gets there in litle more than 30. So, my advice is this:

1 - Have the brake pedal or button pressed before you get control of the car.

2 - downshift, downshift, downshidt .... until you are in reverse.

3 - Get to the grid in reverse (backwards) as fast as you can but without losing control of the car.

4 - Stop by the 2nd or 3rd row of the grid. Slowly place yourself in your apropriate spot (so that you don't have to be stopped there for too long).

At the 40 seconds mark ... GO!

Eau Rouge and Raidillon are much more fun to do in acceleration and with another car very close, than to do at speed, with the other car 1,5 seconds infront or behind! :D

hi mario
Did you guys do the 30 min wet race.I think it's very easy to loose concentration when the race is that long.What times did you run at.
Just to compare.I think i did 2:22:6x in the wet and 2:15:08 dry

I mean overall. You have more #1 times done with DS3 or G25 (if you remember)?

I prefer racing with the wheel for all the reasons I pointed out in my last post and the fact I can be more constant so I'm faster with the wheel and more constant too with it. But it's just tenths of a second difference the constant lap times is where it's hurts me more in long runs.

hi mario
Did you guys do the 30 min wet race.I think it's very easy to loose concentration when the race is that long.What times did you run at.
Just to compare.I think i did 2:22:6x in the wet and 2:15:08 dry

No, at first we were only testing the standing start rule, so I guess the race was set to 5 minutes (but we didn't race at all).

After I got my conclusions from the test I think we did two 10 minutes races. The second one also with Jason (Energiya) because meanwhile he showed up online.

About times, we didn't try dry racing. In the wet, by the second race my best lap was a high 2.23 (a lap with no major mistakes, but lots of small ones). I guess with proper practise I could shave off at least 2 seconds from that .

So, I would say that a 2.21 lap is definitely achievable with my own skill. That makes 2.20 achievable for you! ;)

The name is Piotr :dopey: but I was talking to mhm :dopey:

Curiously enough, I seem to remember Piotr once telling me (online TRD3 lobby-chat) that his name is the polish equivalent to "Peter" in english, which makes it also "Pedro" in portuguese, and "Pietro" in italian, so ... you got the wrong language, but the right name :lol:

The name is Piotr :dopey: but I was talking to mhm :dopey:

Curiously enough, I seem to remember Piotr once telling me (online TRD3 lobby-chat) that his name is the polish equivalent to "Peter" in english, which makes it also "Pedro" in portuguese, and "Pietro" in italian, so ... you got the wrong language, but the right name :lol:

:dopey: my mistake twice :dopey: but it ends up being alright in the end!!!

Forgot to mention this: last night I also did some testing about the ability to "spectate" a race. As I thought, there is no problem in staying off-track, if you just move a litle every once in a while to avoid disqualification. So, if you competitors want to, each of you can invite one player to "spectate" the race.

I will now do a slight change to the "spectators" rules, because it's not enough to say that, after race start, spectators can only park after the first corner. Of course, this being Spa, spectators must pass the first sequence of corners (Eau Rouge/Raidillon),and only find a "parking" spot past the first half of the long uphill straight.

Exactly :). I'm suprised that you remember this. You have a good memory :sly:.

hi mario
host_killer and i have agreed to do the final race friday 5 am gmt(sorry)
I'll hope you will be able to be there.

I and Pietr decided to do our race friday 24th 22:30 gmt time.

If any of you guys are interested to watch the race at that time as my guest please pm at the psn. If more than 1 does pm me I'll have a lucky draw to decide the guest!

Exactly :). I'm suprised that you remember this. You have a good memory :sly:.

I do have a good memory. Besides, the TRD3 online experience will always be something I remember very dearly. I arrived there very late (beggining of 2008) because, for a number of irrelevant reasons, I didn't have broadband at home until then. And, to tell you the truth, I didn't even like TRD3 that much, my all-time favourite PS2 game was (and will always be) Enthusia Professional Racing, because of its incredible physics (considering we're talking about a PS2 game, and that EPR's physics are at least on par with GT5P and FC, even if with different characteristics, strenghs and weaknesses).

So, when I got a broadband connection at home I cleaned the dust of TRD3 and decided to try online gaming. And the game was transformed. Besides, by that time, TRD3 online was already being played by decent gamers only, so I experienced (with a few exceptions) a very friendly and welcoming athmosphere. I remember many players I met there, and many, many nights of great fun.

I wrote about it in this page:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58983&page=50

hi mario
host_killer and i have agreed to do the final race friday 5 am gmt(sorry)
I'll hope you will be able to be there.

Hi mhm, sorry but 5 AM is too hard for me, I'm an old guy that needs to sleep every now and then :D

Wish you both guys an excellent race, will wait for news here and on PSN (will check my inbox as soon as I get up friday morning) 👍

I and Pietr decided to do our race friday 24th 22:30 gmt time.

If any of you guys are interested to watch the race at that time as my guest please pm at the psn. If more than 1 does pm me I'll have a lucky draw to decide the guest!

This one I think I'll be able to watch, have no plans for friday night. Piotr, on't forget to send me an invite. And also, don't forget to set the Grid order to "Fastest Lap (reverse, I guess you guys must have better laps than mine in this combo. Anyway, if I start behind any of you, don't mind me, I'll avoid troubling your race start procedures and will immediately move on to a safe place where I can see you guys go by. 👍

HI Mario, you dont sound like an old man when i talk to you while playing FC. You sound more like 30+.

Does anyone want to race the Birthday boy today. i fell old turning 35 today so who ever i race, be gentle. LOL

Last edited:
Does anyone want to race the Birthday bay today. i fell old turning 35 today so who ever i race, be gentle. LOL
LOL. Your Birthday is today while mine is tommorow. So happy Birthday ENERGIYA ! I feel strange because I'm a lot more younger than you guys. Tommorow I'm a 21.

LOL. Your Birthday is today while mine is tommorow...I'm a lot more younger than you guys. Tommorow I'm a 21.

21! :eek: I feel quite old now at 38. But let's just say I'm still much younger than some of you (who I won't name). :)

Happy Birthday to you Both. 👍

You are all liars! Piotr is 47, Jason is 52, you are 49, Zedux is 44, I am 33 and Biggles is the youngest with 30. Nobody plays FC withless than that !

:sly:

PS - Happy Birthday Jason and (if you read this after midnight) Piotr! :)

HI Mario, you dont sound like an old man when i talk to you while playing FC. You sound more like 30+.

Does anyone want to race the Birthday boy today. i fell old turning 35 today so who ever i race, be gentle. LOL

hi jason
happy birthday to you.a little late.(and to piotr)
that's not old.i turned 43 saturday.I have to get out of the rocking chair to play lol.

You are all liars! Piotr is 47, Jason is 52, you are 49, Zedux is 44, I am 33 and Biggles is the youngest with 30. Nobody plays FC withless than that !

:sly:

PS - Happy Birthday Jason and (if you read this after midnight) Piotr! :)

Thank you Mario. wow 52 now i'm the old timer. lol

If anyone want to race the birthday boy, i'm online NOW

Back