Rocket League

• Thread starter evanzo7
  • 862 comments
I hate the idea that people think they can give you crap but cannot take your responses,

but muting really should be what I should do instead of talking back.

I hate the idea that people think they can give you crap but cannot take your responses,

but muting really should be what I should do instead of talking back.
I like a bit if banter during a game, but when people just say F you after you score or win its pretty pathetic. When I'm finding the opponents easy i like to spur them on saying they're crap or some, sometimes it works and they come back.

What really bugs me though is in ranked with randoms and people start asking for trades, gtfo and go play unranked. You join a ranked game costing me the game just to trade? Also bugs me because when playing with my mates sometimes I will only get 2 games in an hour because they trade and come out with nothing. It happened just last night, played 3 games before they traded, waited go of ages and then just thought f this and turned the game off.

When I'm finding the opponents easy i like to spur them on saying they're crap or some, sometimes it works and they come back.

I wouldn't believe that what you say acts as a catalyst for them to play better. For all you know those people are legitimately trying their best, and there you are sending words they may perceive as discouragement.

In response to people looking for trades in ranked: :lol:

Just don't respond and they'll keep playing.

I wouldn't believe that what you say acts as a catalyst for them to play better. For all you know those people are legitimately trying their best, and there you are sending words they may perceive as discouragement.

OMG!...... NOOOOOOO...... Don't even have to type anything out. :dopey:

This is why I enjoy playing with PS4 players as a Steam player myself. I've been playing unranked this whole time, am I really missing out?

When I'm finding the opponents easy i like to spur them on saying they're crap or some, sometimes it works and they come back.
Hint: All this actually accomplishes is make you look like an ass, and probably gain you some reports.

The traders though... what a waste of space. Crates really made the game less playable by introducing a whole new demographic who no longer cares about how their game turns out. The worst are the crate farmers, but I've not seen any for quite a while. Maybe Psy really did crack down on them.

This is why I enjoy playing with PS4 players as a Steam player myself. I've been playing unranked this whole time, am I really missing out?

Not really. I find that playing unranked takes away the pressure of not losing, while still allowing you to play to your fullest, goof off or try something you're not used to doing.

So if anyone is willing to trade, I would really like to have an Electroshock Goal Explosion. It's about the only item I want that I cannot get since I don't wanna buy a key to unlock my crates. I'm on Steam, and if you're interested, just let me know and I'll screenshot the items that I have, and hopefully one or some of them interest you.

So if anyone is willing to trade, I would really like to have an Electroshock Goal Explosion. It's about the only item I want that I cannot get since I don't wanna buy a key to unlock my crates. I'm on Steam, and if you're interested, just let me know and I'll screenshot the items that I have, and hopefully one or some of them interest you.

Just so you know (maybe you do already) it's currently worth around 20 keys, ie 2nd most valuable item in the crate. :)

I used to spend wayyy too many keys for black wheels back when trading was introduced. I'm never going to look at any items that people ask 7+ keys for ever again.

The only thing right now that I want that I probably won't ever have is the 20XX decal.

So now I'm just collecting Sunburst and Neptune wheels.

Lastly, if any of y'all have certified toppers you don't want, I'm the one you'll want to talk too.

Oh it's definitely worked. The same thing has happened to my team too, we've been playing rubbish then get a load of insults. So I say right lads shape up and make them eat their words and we make a come back. Last week in a game we were 4-0 down with 90 seconds remaining after trash talk, we thought if we just get one goal back then a 2nd they will start bricking it. The game ended 5-4 to us in E.T.

Reg. Trading the issue won't go away with me not responding ( I never respond unless it's to joke about my mate when I say I'll trade him for hours A.I teammate ), the issue is when I'm in ranked with random, I can't control them.

Another thing I do when my team with random is getting spanked early on, they always quit which bugs me. So what I do is give encouragement, I say "We never give in" and "no retreat no surrender", it works lol. No one leaves the game and they join in on the unity.

Hint: All this actually accomplishes is make you look like an ass, and probably gain you some reports.
No not really, I don't go overboard or really insulting with my banter, its just lighthearted banter. I don't swear at them nor do I use derogatory terms. I'm always surprised when I see on the web how annoyed people get with opponents getting cocky when they're winning.

Not really. I find that playing unranked takes away the pressure of not losing, while still allowing you to play to your fullest, goof off or try something you're not used to doing.
I have found unranked games to be much more fun and I see much better goals scored from both teams and better play all around. Ranked games just seam to be a battle for victory.

I wish I had never got into playing ranked games, I only got into it after 6 months and now can't play unranked when my mates are on.

Also I've realised why I'm pretty terrible at this game and felt like I regressed, my controller has call of duty syndrome! No bloody wonder I keep missing the ball, ant double flip forward etc. My controller doesn't go up, I push right and it goes diagonal down, I push left and it goes diagonal up. I bet I have to relearn the game when I get a new controller.

Last edited:
I have been recently watching my cousins playing Rocket League along with their dad (My Uncle) and noticed how plenty of stuff changed. I want to go back and play it but i wonder how those item things work right now. It feels like something i would see out of CSGO or TF2.

I have been recently watching my cousins playing Rocket League along with their dad (My Uncle) and noticed how plenty of stuff changed. I want to go back and play it but i wonder how those item things work right now. It feels like something i would see out of CSGO or TF2.

Crates and other items are given out at the end of games. Its been said on average roughly every 3-5 hours you get one. You need a key to open it which are purchased from the PS store, XBOX store Steam Etc. They include decals, Trails, Wheels, Goal explosions and car bodies. Also things can be traded between players, If you got a crate at the end of a game but you didnt want it, You could give it to friend etc.

Edit - Also if you dont like this aspect of the game you can disable it in the menu.

Crates and other items are given out at the end of games. Its been said on average roughly every 3-5 hours you get one. You need a key to open it which are purchased from the PS store, XBOX store Steam Etc. They include decals, Trails, Wheels, Goal explosions and car bodies. Also things can be traded between players, If you got a crate at the end of a game but you didnt want it, You could give it to friend etc.

Edit - Also if you dont like this aspect of the game you can disable it in the menu.
Why would I disable it when I could get free items (lets ignore the crates)?

I mean I already got some season 3 wheels and "hats". Kinda want to try out the crate but don't want to spend that much money.

Why would I disable it when I could get free items (lets ignore the crates)?

I mean I already got some season 3 wheels and "hats". Kinda want to try out the crate but don't want to spend that much money.

You dont disable the common and uncommon items dropping or the Seasonal ranked rewards, Just the crates. I only mentioned it because some people dont like them.

So if you disabled crates, You would still get your ranked rewards at the end of every season and you will still get the regular topper and wheel drops.

Don't disable it.

If you can't justify spending any money for cosmetic items, don't pus h yourself, and don't bank on opening the desired item in a crate. It's a lottery after all.

Trade it off with people on RLTracker or rocketleagueexchange sub-reddit.

Every now and then you'll come across some people who are willing to take your crates for some of their duplicate items or keys.

Lol im not telling him to disable it, He asked for an explanation of the crate system. I was just explaining that disabling it is an option. I personally have spent way to much money on them so i would'nt tell anyone to disable it. I was just trying to cover everything regarding crates.

I see little point in disabling them because even if you cant be bothered to trade them you can give them away (like i mentioned in my first post) Just some people despise the thought of micro-transactions in their games so i understand why its an option.

Last edited:
No not really, I don't go overboard or really insulting with my banter, its just lighthearted banter. I don't swear at them nor do I use derogatory terms. I'm always surprised when I see on the web how annoyed people get with opponents getting cocky when they're winning.
How is "calling them crap" (I assume you mean it literally) lighthearted or not insulting? Even if you perceive it as friendly banter, I highly doubt any random who doesn't know you would think the same. You just sound like the type that I'd mute really early in a match to ensure peace and quiet.

Also, it's not hard at all to not be cocky.

So tired of morons asking for trade during games. Even had games where people write back and fourth about trading instead of actually playing the game. And why is the matchmaking so awful at filling up empty slots after rage quitters all of the sudden? Hardly ever have full games anymore.

So tired of morons asking for trade during games. Even had games where people write back and fourth about trading instead of actually playing the game. And why is the matchmaking so awful at filling up empty slots after rage quitters all of the sudden? Hardly ever have full games anymore.
Ever since Psyonix introduced crates and trading, the game has gotten worse thanks to all the retards being idle while chatting. I quit playing Chaos due to that. It has gotten even worse now that there are Trophies for trading.

Keep that 🤬 outside the matches.

MXH
Ever since Psyonix introduced crates and trading, the game has gotten worse thanks to all the retards being idle while chatting. I quit playing Chaos due to that. It has gotten even worse now that there are Trophies for trading.

Keep that 🤬 outside the matches.

I think you're overreacting a bit, There is one trophy for completing a single trade. I doubt very much that has influenced people to act like this. I dont see it much anymore, Chaos was a bit like "tradehub" at times hen crates first appeared but when iv'e had to play it recently i havnt seen much trade talk. I even play rumble quite a bit with friends and see very little trade requests, Nothing like i used to.

I agree that people should not stop playing to just talk and chat but when people are given in game chat and free speech its bound to happen. An ingame marketplace or some dedicated trade servers would be a good implementation. Something im surprised they havnt thought of considering the success of the crate and trading system.

Last edited:
You can trade anything you got as a drop during playing. So yes, crates would work.
I traded a baseball cap for an identical baseball cap when the update that introduced the achievement came out.

I see some people complaining about people not playing the game and instead arranging trades. I'm guessing this is in unranked, because I honestly can't remember it ever happening to me.

Rocket League Online has to be the most smoothest gameplay i ever had, i don't recall any major AAA titles of those i played that i experienced as low as 20 ping. It's funny how an indie Developers managed to do that with Rocket League while games like Call Of Duty, Battlefield 1 and Overwatch didn't. Same goes to Crossplay which btw i hope that Sony will support it between PS4 and XB1 along with Nintendo Switch in the near future.

-------------
I actually tried to open a crate and guess what? I unlocked a very rare animated paint for Endo, a car i don't even own right now. :grumpy:
Honestly though I do want the trophies. What do I need to trade? I have loads of crates I don't want to open if people want them?
I could trade two of my Overdrive crates if you want to. :dopey:

You can trade anything you got as a drop during playing. So yes, crates would work.
I traded a baseball cap for an identical baseball cap when the update that introduced the achievement came out.

I see some people complaining about people not playing the game and instead arranging trades. I'm guessing this is in unranked, because I honestly can't remember it ever happening to me.

It tended to happen quite often when crates first appeared, As i said earlier i very rarely see it happen anymore. Even when i have seen it happen people normally say no or say inv after the game and thats that. I havnt seen an actual game come to a halt though by people bartering their trades.

Back