Rolex24hr of Daytona, 300KM 1/26/13 1:30PM GMT,

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 377 comments
there is 3 event's for people to get to, I think its best we knock the daytona race out before the event,

I'd be good for either date. And if they're still free I'll take the R92 (first choice) or the 905, but otherwise I'll be happy in a GT (is post #33 the final list?)

GT cars are still being balanced, trying to avoid struggling vehicles and such, but sure we can find you a spot that floats your boat,

Ill be turning my 1st laps at Daytona this week coming up, but my hardcore test session will be during the Jstc bye week, so after 3 days of pounding around this circuit I'll have it down and the cars behaviors down too. I'm going to try out some proto's too just in case the GT Class tanks. :sly:

If you do that joe, keep the LMP's to premium Peugot and premium Audi, with a Bentley and Pescarolo, if you have them

Are there still open slots for drivers? I Haven't won any event on GTP but I got to participate in quite a few!
I saw this and got quite interested!

perhaps a GT drive will be better for you, we are still ironing out the second class details,

ok cool mate, we are still working on a time slot too, so keep posted,

@ joe, I'm thinking we could leave the GT category how it is and run the new spec's, 522BHP@1150KG base, that will make them very close,

TDZdave
ok cool mate, we are still working on a time slot too, so keep posted,

@ joe, I'm thinking we could leave the GT category how it is and run the new spec's, 522BHP@1150KG base, that will make them very close,

You're talking about the prototypes yeah'?

@seth, still ironing out the fine print with class 2, and dates are pretty much set, just organising time,

@Joe, the GT list that is already up,

TDZdave
@seth, still ironing out the fine print with class 2, and dates are pretty much set, just organising time,

@Joe, the GT list that is already up,

Ill lap Seth's reg's & your reg's and reort back some lap times tonight right after I finish some P1 laps for Jstc.

seth's spec's are very close, within .100 for my set up's, but aren't quite as balanced at the power circuits like Fuji and stuff,

The higher downforce cars are slightly slower, but they have more downforce, so they're easier to drive and get better tire life. The CLK should run 430hp 1200kg (Max weight).

seth's spec's are very close, within .100 for my set up's, but aren't quite as balanced at the power circuits like Fuji and stuff,

If Seth's reg's are that close then why don't we just add hp to the cars that need it instead of changing the whole power to weight ratio of every car. :dunce:

Btw I got jacked for my Ps3 tonight so once they're done I'm hoping i can get so time in but as long of a lap Daytona is + how chassis there are I might not be able to get thru all of them tonight. Are you guys crunching prototype numbers yet. I'm still curious if I'm going to be getting passed by a 600hp prototype are a freakin 900hp prototype!

if we did go with LMP car's for group 2 we would probably keep it to the premium model's, peugot and audi, but James/ seth USCC we have been given the ok to use which is all LMP cars,

yeah bud it will be 2 classes, still working out the second one,

We can just add the CLK DTM to the GTE Class then. I know I said this before but my Motegi (Jstc) setup is done so I can dedicate Thursday night for specing cars for the Rolex 24hrs Rd' 👍

Dave you really should update the op with the drivers whom already signed up. It will help promote others to join once they see we have a pretty good size grid in play already.

Are we talking here of Jan 19th for the first round in Daytona?

Rolex 24hr car testing & balancing going down now. Ill be pulling an all nighter on this. Ill report back in the morning. I'm doing some speed route x tests then moving on to my lobby for the final lap by lap showdown.

Jeez I didn't realize there were 20 cars on Seth's list. Judging by the speed test so far Seth cars look good all of them within .10 of a sec from 1/4 to 0-1 mile. I'm starting the lap by la test now so ill get to ya afterwards'

Speed Route X Test:
2012-12-21002238_zpse47e6657.jpg

Daytona Lap Times:
Chevy ZR-1 RM | 1:46.925
Chevy Z06 RM | 1:46.254
Chevy C5.R | 1:45.864
Chevy Camaro | 1:45.828
Dodge Viper LM #91 | 1:44.109
Dodge Viper LM #51 | 1:45.589
Ford GT Spec II LM | 1:45.858
Panoz Esparante LM | 1:46.915

To be cont,....

Last edited:
The #91 Viper should be 1300kg. 👍

That should add a tenth or two, but I would still pick that car even at 1300kg. I'm waiting for the Citroen results still tho, that car is a good all arounder imo. I personally think you did a good job balancing these cars out if I knew this track already I could improve the times of the cars I ran 1st, I'm sure my lap times are a reflection too how many laps I turned. Except for Mr car #91'

You ran it stock right? That car is real good. The Jaguar is another awesome car as well. All them have their strong points.

freshseth83
You ran it stock right? That car is real good. The Jaguar is another awesome car as well. All them have their strong points.

From what I can remember yea! Ill probably finish lapping these babies tonight so we can move on with the finalized op. I'm ready to see a sign up board in place. I'm probably goin to use my Citroen no matter what since I've been getting use to it.

I'm going to make it 1st priorty to finish this car list by this week. I just noticed we are already under a month away from our race date.

Seth do you think you can finish the prototype class by this week?

Ill be done with GT's by Thursday Night.

Back