Round 01: 24 Hours of Daytona

• Thread starter AJ
  • 289 comments
Wow, race ends 30 seconds early and takes the leader out, crazy. The 23 Hours 59 Minutes and 30 seconds of Daytona goes to...

No skin in the game, just in aww. The regs were updated to specify the session clock time is used not the track clock so things should be much clearer in the future.

As in it doesn't affect me at all, except as a learning experience for our future races.

Thought it was cleared up earlier but Hectors post about the track time added another angle to it.

I'm confused, is he talking about himself?

Just skin in general I guess, there's been so much incessant moaning about the GTMX penalty without people offering a productive solution other than "reinstate them!" I've no idea,

Just skin in general I guess, there's been so much incessant moaning about the GTMX penalty without people offering a productive solution other than "reinstate them!" I've no idea,

Ah. Well I think, in hindsight, the solution would have been to limp around the circuit while out of fuel - having to suffer the agonizing 25 mph or whatever it is, but avoiding being in the pitlane when it was going to close or the exit would be closed..

Ah. Well I think, in hindsight, the solution would have been to limp around the circuit while out of fuel - having to suffer the agonizing 25 mph or whatever it is, but avoiding being in the pitlane when it was going to close or the exit would be closed..

It appeared from his evidence that the race ended prematurely and had it ended at 24 hours they would have been in turn 5.

Did not see any regulations pertaining to if the checkered came out early or when the race clock starts (usually at the drop of the green) so I can see his point.

Either way cutting it even that close is an error on their part.

It was announced several times that the checkered flag was to be thrown at 24:15:00 session time, after the issue(s) starting the race - I don't recall the exact time the first time it was displayed, but iirc it was sometime around the 30 minute remaining mark. The total time from green to checkered was 24 hours.

It was announced several times that the checkered flag was to be thrown at 24:15:00 session time, after the issue(s) starting the race - I don't recall the exact time the first time it was displayed, but iirc it was sometime around the 30 minute remaining mark. The total time from green to checkered was 24 hours.

I watched the start and saw the message as well but when AJ posted the messaging stating Green the track time showed 14:15, which means the session clock would be after the 15 minute mark by about 30 seconds. So it just depends on when the race started which I didn't see a regulation for. If AJ says the race started 30 seconds before the call of green at the 15:00 race session mark that's what we have to accept.

I would like to make sure a couple of points are clear for the record;

1 - The #24 was not Disqualified. In the results the team is listed as 'NC' Not Classified, this is due to the team not meeting the requirements in the regulations for Classification. This is not the first time a team has not been classified.

2 - The race started and finished at the correct times. There are three chronos in the game;

a - Lobby Total Time - this is synced with the 'real time' to the second. It is used for determining the Race Start & Finish.
b - Time of Day Clock - this is synced with the 'real time' to the hour, however it is about 20 seconds behind Lobby Total Time. It is used for determining Stint Duration.
c - Lobby Clock - this is 60 seconds behind Time of Day.

So had GTMX continued around with no fuel, would they have got past the bus stop before all drivers had been informed to stop at the bus stop and still ended up not classified?
I suspect that one would have been deemed a stewarding error and not 'driver error', been rectified and we'd have been happier.
Also thanks to F1Racer68 for the support, doesn't stop me feeling like a total idiot about getting it wrong in the first place and making a total a$$ of myself.

So had GTMX continued around with no fuel, would they have got past the bus stop before all drivers had been informed to stop at the bus stop and still ended up not classified?
I suspect that one would have been deemed a stewarding error and not 'driver error', been rectified and we'd have been happier.
Also thanks to F1Racer68 for the support, doesn't stop me feeling like a total idiot about getting it wrong in the first place and making a total a$$ of myself.
They would have been on track and since they would be on track, would drive around to take the checkered flag.

They would have been on track and since they would be on track, would drive around to take the checkered flag.
I don't think you understand what I am referring to, but considering last time nobody seemed to see it my way gonna just assume I'm wrong and that the race direction to stop at Bus Stop wouldn't have mattered and GTMX would have just kept limping home and finished, and not been stopped at the Bus Stop for parc ferme incorrectly early leading us to a very similar race classification.

Results Publication

- Final Classification for the Support Race has now been published.
- There are a few changes from the Provisional Results.

1 - The lap to the grid and Parade Lap were being counted as race laps, therefore all opening stints have been reduced by 2 laps.

2 - #65 suffered a DC and had to claim Lap Compensation for the opening hour of the race. This resulted in the #65 being placed in 1st by 2 laps. This was due to the compensation system not taking into account time spent under the Safety Car, nor wet track conditions. A new formula has been devised to include these factors and has been retroactively applied to this race on the grounds of common sense.

I don't think you understand what I am referring to, but considering last time nobody seemed to see it my way gonna just assume I'm wrong and that the race direction to stop at Bus Stop wouldn't have mattered and GTMX would have just kept limping home and finished, and not been stopped at the Bus Stop for parc ferme incorrectly early leading us to a very similar race classification.

I see what you are saying and I could be wrong - but I think if you were on track (even if limping around) rather than being in the pits when it wasn't allowed, that you would have been able to cross the finish line as all cars circulating had the opportunity to do. Again, I could be wrong.

Back