Round 01: 24 Hours of Daytona

• Thread starter AJ
  • 289 comments
It's a rule that is around in "real" racing as well for some categories. A gutting result for the team for sure, but rules are rules and unfortunately for them - they were laid out far in advance of the race..

Sure but there are also subsequent rules as well, firstly being that the checkered flag is displayed to the leader after the time expires, or to another leading car which isn't necessarily the winner (IMSA). Also in the WEC the team that has completed the most distance when the checkered is thrown and the 70% rule for classification. And of course good old "force majeuer".

IMSA Articles 51.1.2, 54.1

Last edited:
It's so a car (with a big lead) cannot just sit in the pits for several laps to preserve/nurse a mechanical issue and then exit the pits after the race is over..

In real life racing it makes perfect sense - it digital it's a little different unless it was iRacing where the damage is much different.

It's so a car (with a big lead) cannot just sit in the pits for several laps to preserve/nurse a mechanical issue and then exit the pits after the race is over..

In real life racing it makes perfect sense - it digital it's a little different unless it was iRacing where the damage is much different.

I guess it could come down to how you interpret it however the checkered flag shouldn't come out until the leader comes by... Obviously no one really knew what position anyone was in but GTMX should have gotten the checkers and therefore the pits wouldn't have been closed until they had crossed the line.

Unfortunately, rules:

8.1.a

8.1.c

8.1.d

8.2.a
All could stand for a classification issue for them....

While the team I raced with was moved up a podium position due to the infraction(s) - I still feel gutted for them.

Unfortunately, rules:

8.1.a

8.1.c

8.1.d

8.2.a
All could stand for a classification issue for them....

While the team I raced with was moved up a podium position due to the infraction(s) - I still feel gutted for them.

Not arguing that... but this isn't a drive time drama like WTR either...

Wayne Taylor Racing. Was referring to the drama from the actual 24 hours of Daytona when they had Jordan in the car to long. They originally were not classified, then eventually moved to last in the P class.

A much more serious violation is my point.

Or like cheating during qualifying :odd:

[/rant]

Last edited:
Wayne Taylor Racing. Was referring to the drama from the actual 24 hours of Daytona when they had Jordan in the car to long. They originally were not classified, then eventually moved to last in the P class.

A much more serious violation is my point.

Or like cheating during qualifying :odd:

[/rant]
I was really disappointed to see this on imsa.

Wow! Sorry to see what happened to GTMX. Rules are rules I guess. I would've never known that. GTMX still ran very hard, clean, and consistent! You guys finished right up their in my books!

don't let this get you down GTMX, the GTPlanet people are all cheering for you out their as we know you guys can do very successful! 👍

Awesome job on the livestream by the way @AJ can't wait to watch the future races! Keep at it everyone! :cheers:

AJ
Results Publication

Provisional Classification for D24 H24 is now available on the OP.

Note regarding #24 Escuderia GTMX

- The number 24 car entered the pits on its 809th lap for a splash and dash pit stop.
- The #24 pit box was situated before the s/f line.
- After completing the stop, the car crossed the s/f line in the pit lane at 23h59m52s281ms.
- 7.719 seconds later the Chequered Flag was shown.
- In accordance with the regulations, the Pit Exit was then closed.
- The #24 was still in the pit lane, and there their race ended there, and they were unable to complete the 24hrs.
- In accordance with the regulations the team has not been classified.

The team is naturally heart broken, and they have the sympathies of not only myself, but I expect everyone involved in the race, at every level.

- The results will remain provisional until the period for appeal has elapsed.

WTF. Out of all of the stupid things I have seen on the internet, this is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen. This one course of action on your behalf has ruined any interest I had in joining this racing series. I am not even associated with GTMX in any way and I still feel a strong urge to say things about you that would get me banned from this website. Does it make you feel happy? Do you sleep easy at night knowing that you've rendered the considerable efforts of multiple GT6 players null and void on a stupid technicality?

WTF. Out of all of the stupid things I have seen on the internet, this is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen. This one course of action on your behalf has ruined any interest I had in joining this racing series. I am not even associated with GTMX in any way and I still feel a strong urge to say things about you that would get me banned from this website. Does it make you feel happy? Do you sleep easy at night knowing that you've rendered the considerable efforts of multiple GT6 players null and void on a stupid technicality?

It is in the rules for everyone to see and everyone who races in the series races to the rules. It's not something I have picked up on personally and could have been caught out in the same situation. Does it suck for GTMX? Yes, I feel for them, it is not a nice place to end up as I imagine most drivers would have done a similar thing in their situation. But also I feel for AJ having to enforce the rules in this sort of situation. Nobody wants to play the bad guy, but if he doesn't enforce the rules implemented and agreed to by everyone competing, then that is a slippery slope. So it is commendable that he is upholding these more obscure (from my point of view) rules in light of what is bound to be some heavy backlash from the team in question and other people.

Im sorry GTMX, I really feel for you as you drove a brilliant race and by the looks of things had it in the bag. But reading the rules, it is there in black in white. If you don't cross the S/F line on the track, and are in the pits when the exit is closed, you can't be classified.

I believe I remember a team last year getting pinged for coming into the pits on the final lap and not being classified, although I don't believe they were winning the race at that stage.

It's a rule - black and white - and available for anyone to view prior to the race, or available to view during the race.

It sucks for their team, and sucks that AJ has to be looked at as a bad guy by you and probably some others - but it's a rule and rules are to be enforced.

As for your personal attack on AJ, pretty uncalled for. Wouldn't be surprised to see you incur a penalty from GTP for it.

I can't believe that anyone in their right mind would actually defend AJ's deplorable actions today...

Eh. I surely like the fact how organized and strict this series is but some things I think are kind of pushing it.

Sorry I suppose this isn't actually what should be discussed in here.

8.1.c
When the Chequered Flag is shown, the Pit Exit will be closed.
Ok then, what is the penalty for exiting the pits when the pit exit is "closed", just as you can in a Formula One event.
Oh we have a rule for this:
3.7.f
Penalties issued during a Race will range from 30 second to 10 minute Stop Go Penalties.

So in my opinion GTMX ignored the closed pit exit, continued, got classified and copped a penalty between 30 seconds and 10 minutes.

For clarity I should point out I was running for SSR Motorsports GT500 team and the re-instating of Escuderia GTMX hurts my result, but I don't agree with profiting from their loss like this.
My team may or may not feel the same way as me, but I believe Escuderia GTMX earned their win, and should keep it, or at least keep some of the reward for all the hard work that went into their effort.

EDIT: I am incorrect. After re-watching the livestream footage I am able to determine my recollection of events was inaccurate, and the GTMX car did not cross the line again after exiting the pits 'illegally', due to being directed back to the bus stop by officials when they attempted to finish their race.

Last edited:
I agree in the event rules are streched/ broken penalties must apply, but I respectfully disagree with the severity of the penalty that affects GTMX,
I have read the required section of the sporting regulations that affects GTMX and my understanding of that section is that if those rules were breached regarding time and laps then you just wouldn't be credited with what ever laps or time attained in this period,

My understanding would be that given the driver of the GTMX would have had to take a picture upon entering pitlane, that is the point where there race would in fact be credited as their race ended, anything past that point in time would be nullified,

These races are extremely long and people are going to make mistakes, after all we are only human, (except @PASM :sly: )

I respect and appreciate the work @AJ has put into developing this for all involved, as long as the penalties remain consistent throughout the season, then its fair game and we all know what we are in for,

I understand that rules are rules, but I don't think anyone read the classification rules as "If we are in the pits/pitlane when the chequered flag is shown then we are 🤬".

I understand the ruling, but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Calm down.

here have a...
0005_SNICKERS_Bar.jpg

Then leave. Easy as that. You don't have the right to criticise someone over how they are running their series, unless you do so constructively.

I for one, agree with AJ's decision, it may be harsh, but harsh gets the message across. As long as AJ and the other stewards deliver these kind if penalties across the board consistently, nobody should ever have a problem. Simple as that. You either like it or not, and if you don't, then take it elsewhere.

I do not understand why any of you so-called people would think that it is fair to disqualify a team who put a lot of hard work into winning this race, because of a rule that has no reason for existing in the first place. Since you guys seem to be clueless as to why this is such a gross miscarriage of justice, I shall leave, but know that unless GTMX is re-instated as the rightful winners of this event, I promise all of you the following;

1. I will show no further interest in the GTP Endurance Series for as long as it continues to exist in it's current incarnation, and actively seek to encourage other people not to show any interest themselves.

2. I refuse to communicate on friendly terms, on this forum or any other forum, with AJ, or anyone else who agree's with AJ's utterly deplorable actions.

3. Whenever I refer to the GTP Endurance Series on this forum or any other forum, I shall refer to it as the "GTP Rigged Series", since it is clear that the actual racing doesn't matter at all, and that AJ can choose on a whim who gets to win and who doesn't.

In short, if you are AJ and don't overturn this decision, or you otherwise agree with AJ's original decision, you disgust me and I hope I never ever meet you in the real world. Bye.

I do not understand why any of you so-called people would think that it is fair to disqualify a team who put a lot of hard work into winning this race, because of a rule that has no reason for existing in the first place. Since you guys seem to be clueless as to why this is such a gross miscarriage of justice, I shall leave, but know that unless GTMX is re-instated as the rightful winners of this event, I promise all of you the following;.
So by you saying that, (Following is an example not how I think of GTMX) it's alright for a drug-cheat not to get disqualified from a race as they still put in hard effort to win that said race? Is that fine by you? How would you like it if you were drug-free and worked hard but the drug-cheat just got a slap in the wrist?

Your theory has a whole lotta gaps and that's just one of them, I could go on but why should I? AJ and his stewards decision is obviously fine by GTMX as there would have been discussions about it prior to the formal announcement.

Oh and bye, we will won't miss you. :sly:

I do not understand why any of you so-called people would think that it is fair to disqualify a team who put a lot of hard work into winning this race, because of a rule that has no reason for existing in the first place. Since you guys seem to be clueless as to why this is such a gross miscarriage of justice, I shall leave, but know that unless GTMX is re-instated as the rightful winners of this event, I promise all of you the following;

1. I will show no further interest in the GTP Endurance Series for as long as it continues to exist in it's current incarnation, and actively seek to encourage other people not to show any interest themselves.

2. I refuse to communicate on friendly terms, on this forum or any other forum, with AJ, or anyone else who agree's with AJ's utterly deplorable actions.

3. Whenever I refer to the GTP Endurance Series on this forum or any other forum, I shall refer to it as the "GTP Rigged Series", since it is clear that the actual racing doesn't matter at all, and that AJ can choose on a whim who gets to win and who doesn't.

In short, if you are AJ and don't overturn this decision, or you otherwise agree with AJ's original decision, you disgust me and I hope I never ever meet you in the real world. Bye.

Firstly let me assure you none of us in this race series are happy a team who worked hard for 23hrs 59 minutes 50 seconds gets DQ'd on the pit closed rule .

Secondly: we don't have to like the rules but we have to respect and follow them

Finally with that attitude its of no loss to the series that you won't be joining the series.

Now on to more important matters the Bathurst 12hr

Feel free to discuss this but in a civilised manner. However, if you continue with this defamation, then you will be removed.

The biggest issue I have is that Team Weil Racing, whether intentionally or not, was clearly using a modified transmission setting during qualifying for the Mighty Miata Support race. The team qualified on pole position by breaking the rules, whether intentionally or not, by using means that gave them a clear advantage over the rest of the teams. Clear video evidence is out there for the whole world to see and the stewards we're notified well within the provisional stage but they did not penalize the team at all.

So breaking the rules to gain an advantage is ok, no penalty, but breaking a pointless rule, that shouldn't apply to the leader of an endurance race if we are standing on the realism platform, loses you a masterful drive and a 2 lap race win.

Bravo to priorities.

Latest Posts

Back