RUF coming to iracing

• Thread starter Trux
  • 49 comments
United Kingdom
England
OffTheGrid2906
https://twitter.com/#!/iRacingMyers/status/184724616923725824/photo/1
ApBGD3VCQAACU4G.jpg

Just saw this, good stuff. Couple this with the free CTS-V coming at the end of April... Road-gasm.

So it'll be a street car? To my knowledge RUF doesn't make any thoroughbred racing cars.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the RUF a modified Porsche? and mostly known for their CTR Yellowbird.

So it'll be a street car? To my knowledge RUF doesn't make any thoroughbred racing cars.

I doubt it, they'll find a way to get arround it and call it a Ruf Cup car. To an extent a Ruf is pretty much a Porche Cup car, race spec coil overs, upgraded brake pads, sequential gearbox, 8 point FIA roll cage + all the FIA safety requirements and you got yourself a Porche Cup car.

Why would this come at the end of April? Mp4 won't even make it.

I didn't say it would come in April. I said the CTS-V is coming in late April. Couple these news with the CTS-V coming in April and well... You know the rest. :dopey:

I'd say we would be lucky to get this as a late Christmas present.

Send EA a Thank You for keeping us from getting a Porsche. However Forza has a pack of 40 of them coming soon, but I think they worked out their own deal with EA for that to happen.

The way Steve Myers is making it sound, we should get all of these cars in 2012, in this order:

Cadillac -> McLaren -> RUF -> Lotus 49

This of course might not be completely accurate, but Steve Myers did say it would follow the McLaren.

The Cadillac was a partnership deal, which is why we are getting the car so quickly (late April with the Season 3 update). iRacing has made another partnership with RUF so it's very likely we'll get this car soon as well. Steve was deliberately used the word partnership instead of licensed. A partnership means RUF is in some way paying iRacing for the car and in return iRacing will be advertising the RUF heavily in the game. With partnerships, things get done very quickly since more money is involved.

RUF RT 12 R Technical Specifications

6 cylinder bi-turbo boxer engine
Displacement 3.8 l
Maximum power 537 kW (730 bhp) at 7,000 rpm
Maximum torque 940 Nm at 3,500 rpm
6 speed manual gearbox
4WD standard, rear wheel drive optional
Top speed over 370 km/h
Dry weight (DIN) 1,495 kg

Chassis:
Coupé form
Carbon-Fibre rear spoiler
Lightweight front with carbon fibre wings
Carbon fibre front luggage cover
Optional carbon fibre roof
Aluminium doors with lightweight interior fittings
Synthetic side and rear windows
Carbon bucket seats
Rollcage and crossbar integrated in the interior paneling (IRC)
Ceramic brakes, disc diameter 380 mm front, 350 mm rear
Forged aluminium wheels with central locking nut, 9J x 19 front, 12J x 19 rear
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tyres, 245/35 ZR 19 front, 325/30 ZR 19 rear

Fuel consumption (l/100km)
Urban 19,8
Non-Urban 9,9
Combined 13,5
CO2-Emission 312 g/km
Efficiency category: G

Remember that iRacing is composed of multiple teams. Each team has a different specialty, physics, graphics engine, cars, tracks, etc. So while one team is working on a new car, other teams will still continue their projects as well.

Steve was deliberately used the word partnership instead of licensed. A partnership means RUF is in some way paying iRacing for the car and in return iRacing will be advertising the RUF heavily in the game. With partnerships, things get done very quickly since more money is involved.

Who know's? Maybe Ruf is coming out with a Cup car built to Porsche Super Cup Specs and that's what we'll get on iRacing...

RuF have had a hand in a number of peoples race cars, a quickfire google shows some of them.

I wonder if maybe RuF have one laying around their HQ for iRacing to scan. I can't see a 750bhp road car being scanned in.

EDIT: Didn't realise the RT12 had been confirmed. Cool nonetheless but would have preferred a more racey car.

Last edited:
RuF have had a hand in a number of peoples race cars, a quickfire google shows some of them.

I wonder if maybe RuF have one laying around their HQ for iRacing to scan. I can't see a 750bhp road car being scanned in.

EDIT: Didn't realise the RT12 had been confirmed. Cool nonetheless but would have preferred a more racey car.

I'm with you, but Ruf beign pretty much a tunning/custumization company maybe we could get a RT12R Cup car? I mean I'm pretty sure Ruf will build you one if your checkbook is big enough!

Well yeah, but it's a 730HP road car. Not like we're getting a stock Porsche. RUFs are heavily modified to begin with, be it a road car or a cup car.

I'm curious to see how easy or how hard will this car be to drive...Sould be up there with the Vette.

I'm guessing the ruf is going to be a delicate car, It produces a lot of grip, but you need to be driving super fast to get that grip. Probably going to handle like the corvette but more tail happy.

Not much difference between a Ruf and a racecar. Already has the integrated roll cage, carbon buckets, composite windows...etc etc etc.

Back