*Rumor* Gran Turismo 7 Prologue headed to PS4?

• Thread starter Zuku
  • 696 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo realistic gaming is many years away. The processing required to run games live at the same resolution requires a system which simulates how light behaves in the real world. No high end PC can achieve close to being able to render that in real time yet and it is likely to be at least a decade before they can.

2jg9zlw.jpg

Crysis 2 from 2011. A game 3 years old and I don't think they've done a bad job of photo-realistic rendering of light and environments.
Granted that is on a top-spec PC that not even a PS5 would be close to when they make that because no one will spend £3,000 on a games console. But we have the ability and the technology to make super high definition environments in games right now but the amount of people who can actually afford the systems to enjoy this level of rendering is about 2% of all gamers so it's not going to be done as a standard until this level of technology is at an affordable level.

Sorry for the off topic response as it's not a GT related post but is relevant to the discussion of graphics and things. :D

Rumor is GT7 waits for VR and 4K to arrive and also new highend hifi
equipment that takes GT sound and adds needed effects.
The rumour you just created, you mean?
Haha. I chuckled to this. :)

In all honesty, I don't mind at all. Although I wish Sony could release DriveClub along with GT7P though, that'll bring good sales for both.

A wish: would be nice if they put in extra effects to sounds through dualshock. Like small extra effects that are in cockpit. Possible to do?

And when many tvs next year are 4k types you will ask your self...do i really want to buy a tv without it?

Yes, yes I do.
When I turned 7 I learned that having the latest and greatest is not all it's cracked up to be. Especially when the tech you're getting into depends almost entirely on content you have no control over.

65" for 800 is cheap and if there is for that price than why bother with 55-60" at all no matter resolution.
Pricedifferance this year is 300$ between 4k and no 4k on top models. They will soon start introducing
but i have the prices already.
Next year is 4k down to cheaper models if you even have a choice. Of course entry models will be 1080p will be so on smaller sets too.
Hold on, what? Where?
So they'll go from ~$1500 difference to $300 difference in a span of few months?
Sounds questionable but also very plausible.
People will buy up 4K TVs right now with almost no content available for them and by the time 4k video is widely available, their TVs will be outdated or falling apart and they'll need a new one anyway. MFRs make extra off you now and even more down the road. Apple has proven this will work.

Last edited:
I want to see GT7 AT LEAST have pretty graphics like pCARS, but graphics is not what makes a game good.

Everything should be 3D.

boring, gt6 its not finished and they're talking about another unfinished game already.
prologue? not for me. make a good and complete game first. maibe like... driveclub, pcars, asseto corsa, race the sun

2jg9zlw.jpg

Crysis 2 from 2011. A game 3 years old and I don't think they've done a bad job of photo-realistic rendering of light and environments.
Granted that is on a top-spec PC that not even a PS5 would be close to when they make that because no one will spend £3,000 on a games console. But we have the ability and the technology to make super high definition environments in games right now but the amount of people who can actually afford the systems to enjoy this level of rendering is about 2% of all gamers so it's not going to be done as a standard until this level of technology is at an affordable level.

Sorry for the off topic response as it's not a GT related post but is relevant to the discussion of graphics and things. :D

"Not bad" isn't photo-realistic though Badge. A super hi res photo or in game video doesn't make an image look real (just like that photo in my opinion). The only way to make a piece of cgi/game look real is by using methods like ray tracing and similar to properly simulate how light behaves. They are incredibly processor heavy and simply cannot be done in real time by even high end home PC's. That is why CGI in big budget Hollywood films still takes so long to render.

I personally see no appeal at all when it comes to 3D. It adds little to none to the overall gaming experience. If anything, it feels even more artificial than without it.

Unless I misunderstood your comment.
Seems you did misunderstood. :sly: I actually meant everything in game should be 3D modelled. Like say, the people outside the track and trees. :)

For me, graphics is the feature number one...I want an GT next gen.
Well. Me and others know GT7's graphics will indeed be mind blowing (see real life's graphics), but gameplay should always be top priority, since games is all about playing them. :)
Well there you have it :lol:

Yeah, agreed. I absolutely hate how leaves on the trees and people around the track rotate with the camera :D
Totally agree with you there. :lol: :)

Well. Me and others know GT7's graphics will indeed be mind blowing (see real life's graphics), but gameplay should always be top priority, since games is all about playing them. :)

Totally agree with you there. :lol: :)
I can already see the disappointment washing over your face.
I can see photomode being about on par with pCars(is that real lyfe grafix?) but if that's what they chase for during gameplay, I can already see the choppy frame rate.

Really PD is gonna go this road again? Why don't they just focus on releasing the full game and making sure it doesn't suck. :yuck::yuck::crazy::nervous:
They don't know how. Last game they released that didn't need updates and was feature complete was GT4, released 10 whole years ago.

I can already see the disappointment washing over your face.
I can see photomode being about on par with pCars(is that real lyfe grafix?) but if that's what they chase for during gameplay, I can already see the choppy frame rate.
You do? Nah don't be, it was just my imgaination because PD. :P

Also, this car should be on GT7P's cover. :)

2016-Nissan-GT-R-details-626x382.jpg

They don't know how. Last game they released that didn't need updates and was feature complete was GT4, released 10 whole years ago.

Well I don't know about that. I mean, of course they couldn't update it but it had its fair share of issues, not many but still present. Such as not being able to complete the game (100%) due to a glitch. (NTSC only?) Replays had all sorts of problems too. Minor but the point still stands. Wish it could've been updated though.

I understand you, but i am an artist guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back