*Rumor* Gran Turismo 7 Prologue headed to PS4?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Zuku, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mulan

Mulan

Dont think it was years ago!!!
    And it is at 700dollars so not that wrong. And if you know the tv market you will also know that big tvs are growing in sales and the panelproducers are now focusing on 50"+ with a big boost of 65" panels. There are reasons for this of course. You know people still buy tvs. What i kniw from here is that TIVO, satellite and fibre is all
    growing strong and there is no problem fixing 4k through that.
    But there is also all other stuff coming with 4k that i mentioned
    so next year is really 4k year.

2. Samus

Samus

3. Mulan

Mulan

Yes and it was not couple of years
    ago but 18 months ago. Here it is around 700 and demand surpasses the availability. And it sells alot as soon as new arrive people run to buy. Put in a game or two and some accessories and people pay
    850-900.
    And i am so amused of the few 4k doubters. The industry has not put Hdmi 2.0, receivers,blurays, cameras, tv's and so on because they listen to you. 4k is here and will only spread. Ps4 is just a nice
    proof that people want higher quality and pay for it.

Now lets go back to GT7.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  4. Samus

Samus

I didn't say 4k wouldn't arrive at all, I said it wouldn't be mainstream as early as next year. They added HDMI 2.0 as a way of future proofing, just as they did with Spec 1 back in 2002, capable of 1920×1200p60 and near 4Gigabit throughput. Or when it was upped to 2560×1600p75 in 2006, because we know that just a year later in 2007 pretty much everything was running at that spec, right?

Anyway I'm done here, you had crazy ideas back then (PS4 using WiGig, people buying two to enable 4k gaming, Gaikai streaming at 4k, the list goes on) and I'm not going to argue it all again. Safe to say you're living in another world.

DarthMosco likes this.
  5. Mulan

Mulan

Yes im living in a world of possibilities. But sure we all know what can and cannot be. When it comes to 4k i know i am right.
    And your examples are not working in todays timeline. Each new technology is taking less time to reach mass market. In this case it will be so since all is in place, cost is less. But sure we can go back couple of years before iphone ipads netflix actioncams .wow we just went 5 years back.

6. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

We already have "4k" (2160p) type resolution in photomode anyway on the PS3 using the 2x resolution mode in GT5 and 6 you just have to zoom in to see the detail.

Real Formula 1 footage is I think broadcast at 1080i. "Strangely enoug"h that looks quite photo realistic on a 1080 TV (despite the occasional, annoying use of lower quality camera views). That is all PD or any PS4 developer needs to worry about. As @Samus said, they need to get 3d models, textures and lighting perfected and running on 1080p (almost every tv being or likely to be used for the next few years) for it to look close to photorealistic.

Photo realistic gaming is many years away. The processing required to run games live at the same resolution requires a system which simulates how light behaves in the real world. No high end PC can achieve close to being able to render that in real time yet and it is likely to be at least a decade before they can. There is absolutely no point in getting GT7 running at such a high resolution yet. People's houses aren't going to get bigger (on average) so unless you want to sit 2 feet away from a 60 inch screen it's pointless.

If people have room in their house for a 20 foot screen then they might think they could just sit 4 feet from it to see the benefit. However to see the whole picture effectively they would need to move back further thereby reducing the effect to the eyes of the physical size increase.

PS not every point in my reply is directed at you.

7. dimassa19

dimassa19

back on topic people...

8. Mulan

Mulan

Yes, gt6 was planned like that...all theese ps3 out there so it must be the best choice to put it on ps3, who needs better anyway. Well...
    But as i said i dont believe the game it self will run in 4k from start. Gt7 just needs to
    come out as soon as possible even if it is only online playable.

9. Mulan

Mulan

10. Its worth noting that it may seam "not a lot" to him because cost of living in sweden can be expensive compared to most euro countries so the prices for 4k tv may seam like reasonable prices (that or he's Paul Daniels)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  11. Mulan

Mulan

Next big thing, yes Oled (see it and you understand what great picture is.), 3D Printing, VR, Google Glasses types, wearable Tech and clothes that are getting integrated with Tech. Robots are coming for sure too. Of course also genetics research will help us.
    But for now GT7 and VR can be the human drama Kaz wanted. This can be fantastic. But if GT fails and this is made just like a gimmick then it will hurt the game.

12. killerjimbag

killerjimbag

Really? Did we change the thread title?
    Half of the people on here cannot afford a PS4 let alone 4K for a 4K TV.

13. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

So a product manager for 4k tellyboxes reckons they're going to sell. Must be true then. Has he okayed that with all the wives and partners who are going to have their front room invaded by EnormoTV's?

It will be a niche medium for years. Hollywood doesn't want to let consumers have most of their 4k films in full glory for many years yet.

14. Yes i know its a great picture, But yet they are trying to push 4k ahead of it despite OLED being the next best thing for some years now, Then when 4k is in most peoples homes guess what? OLED is the thing to have so chuck out your 4k tv's people, I dont see 4k tv being a success for a good good while

FussyFez likes this.
  15. Mulan

Mulan

Oled will take time, see more happening in 2016 there so perhaps by 2018.
    4k is not about what you as customer think you want it is about what industry really needs. So they will create a demand. And when many tvs next year are 4k types you will ask your self...do i really want to buy a tv without it?
    Sure if videos,games,photos are more and more 4k i think choice is simple. You buy a 4k. Panasonic is not alone in this.

16. ildd

ildd

The industry needs a 4k TV, which the average person A. Cannot distinguish between 1080 and B. Cannot afford until 2018?

wowbaggerBR likes this.
  17. MustangManiac

MustangManiac Premium

What I will ask myself next year when I go to purchase a set is : Do I want to spend $2000 for 55" 4K set that has no content available (and I have no other hardware that supports it) or should I spend $800 on a 65" 1080 set even though most broadcast content isn't even full 1080 yet (and every bit of AV gear I own runs 1080)? You are right about one thing...the choice is very simple.

18. Brend

Brend Premium

To be honest, I wouldn't say Blu-Ray exactly lit the world on fire. DVD is still the format of choice for most people, one of the many reasons I can see nobody caring about 4K.

MustangManiac and Squanto like this.
  19. Mulan

Mulan

65" for 800 is cheap and if there is for that price than why bother with 55-60" at all no matter resolution.
    Pricedifferance this year is 300$ between 4k and no 4k on top models. They will soon start introducing
    but i have the prices already.
    Next year is 4k down to cheaper models if you even have a choice. Of course entry models will be 1080p will be so on smaller sets too.

Tenacious D likes this.
  20. ildd

ildd

I see no difference between 4k and 1080 on this unless I literally put my eye 3 inches away from the screen. Screenshot_2014-03-20-01-42-11-1.png

21. NightHawkFur

NightHawkFur

I see a big difference. especially noticeable on his tie & forehead.

22. killerjimbag

killerjimbag

You see no difference ildd?

23. Samus

Samus

Ha, that is in no way representative of those actual resolutions. Someone just took an original, sharp JPG photo and added some compression and blur. 720p is in no way that blurry.

24. dimassa19

dimassa19

I would like to see something about rumors of GT7 on this thread...

Tired Tyres and GranTurismo guy like this.
  25. ildd

ildd

When I sit at the correct distance away from my phone/monitor, no. When I get close, yes.

GranTurismo guy likes this.
  26. Mulan

Mulan

Rumor is GT7 waits for VR and 4K to arrive and also new highend hifi
    equipment that takes GT sound and adds needed effects.

27. Samus

Samus

The rumour you just created, you mean?

28. dimassa19

dimassa19

Yes, 4K is very, very superior than others formats and very welcome...but two pages discussing this...

29. DarthMosco

DarthMosco

30. Samus

Samus

It really wouldn't surprise me at all. They know it will sell by virtue of the fact there isn't a big library of other games to buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.