*Rumor* Gran Turismo 7 Prologue headed to PS4?

• Thread starter Zuku
  • 696 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Fantastic! 👍

2 things leap out immediately...

"GT7 may also be setting new audio benchmarks."

Errm... is that a high or low benchmark?

"To refresh your memories, Gran Turismo 4 and 5 had a Prologue, which was a shorter version of the game released a few months in advance."

Define apocryphal. :lol: There may be some doubt as to the veracity of this article. 💡

This thread bears little resemblance to the one you linked to and actually offers something enticing to discuss. It doesn't seem to be a problem as it stands now so I'm inclined to leave it be. I'm sure if one or more of the other staff disagree, we'll discuss closing it.

Good enough then. I was just curious, more than anything, as to why that one with the same main subject matter (GT7) was closed and this one allowed to remain open. Carry on. :)

"To refresh your memories, Gran Turismo 4 and 5 had a Prologue, which was a shorter version of the game released a few months in advance."

Define apocryphal. :lol: There may be some doubt as to the veracity of this article. 💡

The article is rubbish and poorly writen, but the guy is a well known "insider", so, who knows?

I really wish PD would focus on implementing the parts of GT6 that were supposed to be in the game already before making an entirely new game. This will shift attention not only to a new game, but away from PS3 and toward PS4. Even if GT7 drops in 2015, which wouldn't be horrible I guess, that leaves GT6 less than 2 years to reign as the current GT of the series; less than time between GT4 & GT5P, and GT5P & GT5. If this keeps up, we'll get a new GT every year and we'll be in the COD realm. Put GT7 on the backburner, finish making all cars in the game premium, and slap a Q4 2015/Q1 2016 date on it so they can improve the game enough to be worthy of a next-gen racing simulator.

Yeah. I'm having little trouble wanting to believe such a article, haha. :lol: :)

This is absolute junk. If Polyphony Digital would just COMMUNICATE with the community once in a blue moon we wouldn't be forced to form baseless opinions on rumour and hearsay.
This whole GT6 saga is fast becoming a fiasco. Just update the damn game in a manner similar to what was promised and if GT7 is in the works imminently then just say so.

GT6 really should be given full attention at the moment. With all of the problems it has now, I think it would be best to fix them as soon as possible before they lose anymore fan base.
I would be one of those people who will stop supporting the series if they gimp GT6 in any way. At least GT5 had a far better presentation than GT6 did, despite receiving patch after patch.

This is absolute junk. If Polyphony Digital would just COMMUNICATE with the community once in a blue moon we wouldn't be forced to form baseless opinions on rumour and hearsay.
This whole GT6 saga is fast becoming a fiasco. Just update the damn game in a manner similar to what was promised and if GT7 is in the works imminently then just say so.

In 1998, you don't need to do neither of those things.

So GT7P (if released) would literally be a shortened game/testbed at full game price to be (relatively) shortly followed by the full GT7? (Forgive me but I never played the other GT prologues.) No thanks. If PD doesn't finish GT6 then I will have no faith going forward.

I can't see myself buying a PS4 for a prologue unless it gets amazing reviews (and I'm talking about gameplay... e.g. AI and a real singleplayer career and not just shiny graphics). If it's just a prettier GT6 then that's not going to cut it for me. I will be watching pCARS very closely. If I am going to buy new hardware - which I will need to do for my next game whether it's a PS4 for pCARS/GT7 or a PC for iRacing - I will wait to see how things go after release before I make that kind of investment.

Last edited:
What I'd prefer is GT6: Epilogue. It would be kinda funny since it's the opposite of what they've always done with the Prologues. Instead of an early version of GT7, I'd like a PS4 direct port of GT6 just with any easy/quick across the board visual updates they can apply with all the extra horsepower. It can play online and is updated right along with the PS3 version.

If I were Sony I would put the rush on that and release it ASAP along with the statement that this is justand updated version of a late gen PS3 game so GT fans can feel free to upgrade hardware, and after players clear the game on the PS4, they'll be treated to a video of what the true PS4 GT will look like when it's complete in a couple years.

I'd rather have a complete game than a demo of pretty graphics. Besides, GT6 is clearly scaled down to run on PS3 and look almost as good as next gen racers anyway. Just scaling it back up, or decompressing it, as it were, it would probably still top all it's next gen competition.

Yay, another game to add to my PS4 collection.:cheers:

So far only Assassin's Creed 4 is inhabiting my PS4 game library. :grumpy:

Hopefully MGS GZ will tide me over until whenever GT7 P, K, Q or whatever the kids call it these days comes out.

Gap between GT4P and GT4 = 12 Months (not exactly a few)
Gap between GT5P and GT5 = 35 Months (:lol:)
Hopefully MGS GZ will tide me over until whenever GT7 P, K, Q or whatever the kids call it these days comes out.
I really, really, don't think Ground Zeroes will keep you occupied for that long, maybe 3 weekends tops if you want to do everything, because after all, it is also a prologue. I'm thinking the full GT7 and The Phantom Pain will probably come out at around the same time, at which point you, me, and many others will be horribly torn between the two.

I'm getting them all. Not gonna get torn here, only my wallet.:lol:

As for MGS GZ not going to hold me over, don't worry, I have a habit of replaying MGS over and over and over even after completing it 100%. Shoot I just finished MGS 4 again for the billionth time.:lol:

Unless there's a lot of meat to this GT7P, there's no way I'm going to shell out money for a handful of cars and tracks and not much more. Especially given the debacle that online is in GT6 with lots of glitching, dropped connections, and generally very little circuit racing on street tires. I'd rather wait for the full game and even then, although I've bought GT1-6 on launch day, I'll be waiting for reviews to see how everything shakes out on the new system.

This is interesting. A while back I thought another Prologue would be a bad idea, but now that PD confirmed developing the next game will be easy and quick, it would be nice to have a taste of the next gen Gran Turismo. Hopefully this is true, and we won't have to wait that much for GT7 after it.

Can't believe I'm actually feeling hyped, and we've only had GT6 for a couple of months :lol:

Not going to happen until about a year after Driveclub comes out, my opinion is that they want to try and make the two series come out in alternate years sort of like how Call of Duty was a few years ago with Modern Warfare one year and Black Ops the next, by two different developers.

I just thought of another "problem" , they plan to release 20-30vision gt cars, manufacturers will want exclusivity(as in their car alone, not sharing spotlight attention) wich means that at a very unlikely, 1 car per month rate, they have 2-3 years of such cars coming. I don't think many people will be pleased if their car/effort should be launched after gt7 is released. If the interval increases to 2 months, there is no way we will get all vgt promissed, unless they launch gt6-ps4 or gt7 becomes gt5.5.2...

I'm a poor college kid. I'm not going to pay $460+tax to play a demo.

I'm a poor college kid. I'm not going to pay $460+tax to play a demo.

Keep studying kid, one day you might figure out what a demo actually is. The last prologue game was not in any way a demo. It had more content than many stand alone racing games. Actually its roster of cars and tracks puts all PC sims to shame.

It is bizarre to come back to GTP and do some reading. GT6 is generally considered to be quite good by casuals and I am sure most GT6 buyers would happily buy GT7 (along with the massive amount of gamers who skipped GT6 because they had a PS4 already or coming soon). However according to GTP GT6 is a 'fiasco' and consumers are not going to put up with it etc.. The world is ending on these forums but outside the bubble all is well.

Keep studying kid, one day you might figure out what a demo actually is. The last prologue game was not in any way a demo. It had more content than many stand alone racing games. Actually its roster of cars and tracks puts all PC sims to shame.
http://[domain blocked due to malware]/images/160x/8465700.jpg
Demo-demonstrate the capabilities of (software or equipment).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that GT5 Prologue was created to introduce the world to what the PS3 was capable of with the Gran Turismo series, and what GT5 would potentially be like.

Really? 6 tracks "puts PC sims to shame?"
I don't even play PC Sims and I know that's a blatant lie.

Last edited:
I'm getting them all. Not gonna get torn here, only my wallet.:lol:
No, no, I didn't mean torn as to which to buy, buy both of course, but if they were to both come out a few weeks apart or luck forbid: the same day, how would you choose which one to play? :scared:
Also
Really? 6 tracks "puts PC sims to shame?"
I don't even play PC Sims and I know that's a blatant lie.
If you don't even play PC Sims, what are you basing your rebuttal on?

Last edited:
It is bizarre to come back to GTP and do some reading. GT6 is generally considered to be quite good by casuals and I am sure most GT6 buyers would happily buy GT7 (along with the massive amount of gamers who skipped GT6 because they had a PS4 already or coming soon). However according to GTP GT6 is a 'fiasco' and consumers are not going to put up with it etc.. The world is ending on these forums but outside the bubble all is well.

This is correct. GTP forums have 239,382 members. Out of those, there are less than a thousand that are actively involved in the GT6 doomsday movement. They are much more vocal than the rest of the GTP community.

I was going to speculate, pontificate and all that, but... who cares?

I wanted a PS4 before, now I want one more. Whatever PD produces, I'm buying. ;)

Just how reputable is this... I'm genuinely asking because I have no idea.
Sorry if this has been answered or not in the past three pages, but it's pretty credible I would say. That guy is responsible for a lot of legit leaks. I've seen him before leaking new games.

I'm excited for GT7P on PS4!!!

Keep studying kid....especially these sales figures here outside this bubble...where all is not so well...
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41672/Global/

Keep studying kid....especially these sales figures here outside this bubble...where all is not so well...
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41672/Global/

You missed this Johnny -

along with the massive amount of gamers who skipped GT6 because they had a PS4 already or coming soon

The PS4 is to blame! Even though the majority seem to agree that the PS3 was the best system to release GT6 on, in terms of potential sales anyway. I wonder if maybe there is some other factor at play..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back