*Rumor* Gran Turismo 7 Prologue headed to PS4?

• Thread starter Zuku
  • 696 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT6 was the highest selling racing title for the week, it outsold Mario Kart. It also doesn't take digital sales into account.
Looks quite good.
Digital sales would have to be equal to disc sales for GT6 to be anywhere close to GT5 at the same point in the life of the game. Do you really think they've sold 2 million digital versions?

Digital sales would have to be equal to disc sales for GT6 to be anywhere close to GT5 at the same point in the life of the game. Do you really think they've sold 2 million digital versions?

Oh, I figured the context was a weekly sales chart, which you linked in your post.

GT5 is still supported by PD, there is no rush for people to jump across.

Keep studying kid....especially these sales figures here outside this bubble...where all is not so well...
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41672/Global/

What's that meant to show, that GT's the top selling race game this week?

Many of the titles above it are in bundles too, the GT bundle was comparatively limited in the UK. Also note that games go on the chart when they cross the counter, that means that bundles ordered before Christmas still appear on the charts.

Weekly sales charts are manipulated in all kinds of ways so I'm not sure that this one gives any firm basis for discussion.

do i need a gt7 prologue?

a ps4 version of gt6 would be very good
- but a gt7 prologue would have as much or less to do than gt6.
i'm buying another GT tittle so close to gt6 to do what?
- and...prologue! ... another unfinished game ... just boring
- will it have way better graphics? ... doubtful ... and that wouldnt compensate a weak gameplay
because another hard ingame economy, absence of permanent and meaningful leaderboards, absence of a good "race creator for career mode", makes, for me, any new gt, pointless

i dont need a gt7 prologue i need a better gt6 or a GT with way better gameplay than gt6

WE CARE, LET US PLAY

As others said. I don't mind if GT6 was a direct port for PS4. I mean, people did complain that "there was no GT on PS4", was there not?

Any way I'm okay with either. Besides, I have a PS4 already and NFS Rivals is not cutting it...

GT7 Prologue on PS4 this year GOOD NEWS but with Nurburgring Nordschleife.

I would shelve GT6 for good if this came true. And give me a reason to finally open up the PS4 box. I'd still come back to GT6 , maybe, sometimes, during, if it was something radical, like sound updates, or something like it.

Last edited:
Maybe a poll would be nice. One of the options could be if GT7P would make you buy a PS4 if it came out this year. I think it would do for me as the only game I would like to play is EA UFC and i have no problem skipping the 2014 version and buying the improved 2015 version instead.

I might put that in later in class right now.

What's that meant to show, that GT's the top selling race game this week?

Many of the titles above it are in bundles too, the GT bundle was comparatively limited in the UK. Also note that games go on the chart when they cross the counter, that means that bundles ordered before Christmas still appear on the charts.

Weekly sales charts are manipulated in all kinds of ways so I'm not sure that this one gives any firm basis for discussion.
I only meant to give a generic link to VGChartz so one could look up annual figures if they want to, historical figures etc. I see people questioning these figures all the time, but as far as I know they've proven remarkably reliable over the years, so until someone has something specific about GT6 sales that disagrees with them, I think we can take them as pretty close for now. A little digging will also reveal that GT5 sales were more than double GT6 as this point in the life cycle (not including digital sales of course).

I really wonder how PD can combine the responsibilities of tweaking GT6 and updating it with the left out features this year, and concentrate on building a next gen GT7 at the same time seeing they are a limited crew.
GT7 will be like GT6 graphics wise, but without standard quality cars. The premium cars of GT5/GT6 are PS4 quality, and most of the tracks are PS4 quality too.
Sounds great.
To me sounds like fancy but a bit surreal. Has ever been a night/snowing race ever in real life?

Last edited:
well I kinda feel that GT6 came out too quickly... I havent even get a PS4 yet... I will buy a PS4 when GT7 comes out... unless I start playing Call of Duty again... I been playing GT6 every single day since the day I got it & I have not play any other games at all... I havent even buy any other games.. I have notice that GT6 is actually educating the public on physics and on what a car can do.

GT7 will be like GT6 graphics wise, but without standard quality cars. The premium cars of GT5/GT6 are PS4 quality, and most of the tracks are PS4 quality too.

To me sounds like fancy but a bit surreal. Has ever been a night/snowing race ever in real life?
Yeah but take into account the premium cars look even more detailed on the PS4 because the PS3 did limit their poly count. So like some people on gtplanet (and I partly agree with you), I think that GT6 is a "dumbed-down" version of GT7 and I felt Polyphony have been preparing for the PS4 generation for some time.

Yeah but take into account the premium cars look even more detailed on the PS4 because the PS3 did limit their poly count. So like some people on gtplanet (and I partly agree with you), I think that GT6 is a "dumbed-down" version of GT7 and I felt Polyphony have been preparing for the PS4 generation for some time.

I agree with you - the information we have points to GT6 essentially being a watered down version of GT7 so it could run on the PS3. The thing is, we paid full price for this watery substance with the understanding that it would be supported and completed over time. I will not be impressed if PD tries to do the bait and switch by ignoring GT6 and putting out GT7/P in the near future. Not cool.

I'm convinced GT7 will look like the photomode version of GT5/GT6, as you can see it looks far better. And the PS4 could render everything perfectly without having to dumb-down anything.
I hope that in the GT7 chase cam we will see the cars bigger and more detailed, that for me is important.

I'm convinced GT7 will look like the photomode version of GT5/GT6, as you can see it looks far better. And the PS4 could render everything perfectly without having to dumb-down anything.
I hope that in the GT7 chase cam we will see the cars bigger and more detailed, that for me is important.
So you think GT7 could look like this?

So you think GT7 could look like this?
Woah, thats quite some effort...

Well, sadly its not even in 720p. We would have to see what it would look like at 1080, also with the upcoming improved sound and i suppose an even more improved and complex physics. Thats what I think GT7 will be, or in a word... Amazing

I'm convinced GT7 will look even better than GT6 photomode. Better lighting, better material rendering, subsurface scattering, and so on. Maybe another person can talk more about improvments PD could make...

1349618399963.gif

conan_head_spin1i7ts.gif

2376399-8320549906-hypet.gif

tumblr_m5crynahDM1qch53uo1_250.gif

ibtdJSZcq4brch.gif

ibbuGvZ9vEuOPl.gif

Really? :lol: Get ready to wait 2+ years for GT7 (Prolouge) then!

Yeah cause we all know how hard the PS4 is to develop for. hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, so ya ill be playing gt7 prologue later this year.

If there was a Pikes Peak track with a BMW M30 and great sounds with shuffle racing in GT7, you should keep your mouth shut.

This thread is about GT7 Prologue. Maybe you should keep your mouth shut until you understand exactly what subject is being discussed. :P

I think this rumor is false.

I heard kaz say in an interview he's planning Gt7 epiloge on ps3. It's supposed to be the gt game every hardcore gt fan has been wanting. It features everything! And with playstation now you're able to add the best parts from precious gt games to Gt7.

The interview is to appear in the next month.

Not going to happen until about a year after Driveclub comes out, my opinion is that they want to try and make the two series come out in alternate years sort of like how Call of Duty was a few years ago with Modern Warfare one year and Black Ops the next, by two different developers.
CALL OF DUTY is CALL OF DUTY(different developers don't make it a different game). Gran Turismo IS NOT Drive Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back