Rumors once, now confirmed (possible spoiler for next update)

Aside from cars/tracks, people also want extra features, so rain is definitely something to be curious about. I welcome weather, be it dynamic or static. And I couldn't care less if certain players are opposed to it. It's not going to stop me from racing.

When i cruise nurbugring in lobbies i make the weather as close to outside my window as possible. Right now i only have the choice of time. It would be nice to have a wet track when its raining outside. Thats why i want rain.

This will just make PD less likely to share information and make them even more secretive.
If they want info secret its kinda dumb to share with any human who is not a paid member of pd.my company doesnt share insider info with visitors of the plant or such.

Hmm hasn't stuff that's been introduced at live events before also been leaked? What do PD expect if they tell the players, someone is going to talk. No one knew Autopolis was coming when it was released, that was by far the biggest surprise. PD only have themselves to blame
Autopolis was leaked prior to GT Sport being announced.

Autopolis was leaked prior to GT Sport being announced.

Ehhhhhh, there was the footage of Autopolis being driven by Ordonez however this was many years previously, without much knowledge of it was GTSport, GT6 or something very different.

Autopolis being added in an update this year was 100% a spoiler free surprise, as it wasn't even mentioned previously by an announcement as that only came after the update was available.

giphy.gif

If they want info secret its kinda dumb to share with any human who is not a paid member of pd.my company doesnt share insider info with visitors of the plant or such.

I would have thought (and I don't know this) that people invited to live events would be asked to sign a non disclosure agreement. At the very least a request to respect the sensitivity of the information they are given.

If neither of those are done then yes PD do have themselves to blame.

Ehhhhhh, there was the footage of Autopolis being driven by Ordonez however this was many years previously, without much knowledge of it was GTSport, GT6 or something very different.

Autopolis being added in an update this year was 100% a spoiler free surprise, as it wasn't even mentioned previously by an announcement as that only came after the update was available.
Regardless, Autopolis was seen well before it released in GT Sport, and it not being leaked on the run up to it being released was mostly in part to there being no FIA GT World Events with new content being done.

The only image in my head right now is a random D/E lobby spinning on the first corner of the nurburgring gp.

I am having difficulty reconciling the fact that people are actually hoping for rain during a race.....:odd: I thought only Lewis Hamilton did that....:)

We are all Lewis Hamilton.

It's absolutely pissing it down outside...

The "real weather" driving simulator...?

Real Pissing Simulator ?

Last edited:
When i cruise nurbugring in lobbies i make the weather as close to outside my window as possible. Right now i only have the choice of time. It would be nice to have a wet track when its raining outside. Thats why i want rain.

I'm still waiting for any game to tie it's real world locations to real world weather and time. Like you, I wonder what the Nurburgring is like right now, and I'd like to drive it.

It's pretty hard to know who was the person who leaked the info.

I don't know why PD doesn't keep that info until the drivers are all in the arena for the practice and, at the same time, release a press release or video announcing it. I mean, the drivers going to the live event can't practice wet conditions in the game so knowing that will be in the final in advance is pointless imo.

Hmm. I don't expect them to actually add rain weather at this point. But if it's actually true, I wonder how it will affect both visuals and performance of the game

It will be static weather, I highly doubt they will pull off dynamic weather on the PS4.

Finally though, hope it’s true.

Propably "wet" condition but no rain. Rain would propably hurt performance too much. But I wonder if they just forget the water spray behind cars..

I'm still waiting for any game to tie it's real world locations to real world weather and time. Like you, I wonder what the Nurburgring is like right now, and I'd like to drive it.

hell yeah brother. that would be ideal.

Assetto Corsa on PC with content manager. Takes time and weather from online.

We already had Kaz basically confirm last year it wouldn't be dynamic weather.

Propably "wet" condition but no rain. Rain would propably hurt performance too much. But I wonder if they just forget the water spray behind cars..

Leaked race detail says rain condition.

Now I just wonder if all time conditions will have a rain setting or if rain is a separate condition with its own pre-set time of day. I need Tokyo Expressway at night in the rain.

n2kc466uu0j.gif

Last edited:
No dynamic weather is expected. I'm sure we'll see it in GT7 (well, about 50% because you never truly know what Kaz will do!)

Also, I assumed it was PD at fault with the leak but knowing now that it was NDA makes my blood boil a little. Way to ruin the surprise... :indiff:

Well at least i have something new to look foward for the world tour,it would be frickin bonkers if we learned the rain was coming right when the race started but oh well :banghead:

We already had Kaz basically confirm last year it wouldn't be dynamic weather.

Leaked race detail says rain condition.

Now I just wonder if all time conditions will have a rain setting or if rain is a separate condition with its own pre-set time of day. I need Tokyo Expressway at night in the rain.

n2kc466uu0j.gif

Man, i hated the way the driver handled the wheel in GT5. Barely holding it, rotating it by what seems like 20-30 degrees at max even on hairpins.

As for the topic, it's about bloody time. I just hope that we can at least adjust the amount of rain like we could in GT5. Dynamic weather would be perfect, but i highly doubt it'll appear in this gen

Back