Rumors once, now confirmed (possible spoiler for next update)

Well finally!

To say the last two months have been a bit of a drought for me is putting it mildly. There hasn't been much incentive for me to go online and race given it always put me back in DR/SR hell and most of my regular friends have ceased playing for similar reasons and what's left in the campaign mode to play I don't have the time for at the present.

So rain weather even if it's just track condition would be something different for me. since I like weather conditions for races.

I presume if there are any more hints it will come from the Live Tour event, when is that happening next?

Yep was gonna post this too. It makes total sense when you see there's like 5 races where we don't know the combo across manufacturers and nations yet, it can't be just one track

If a Gr.B on rain happens i might think they might add a new rally car.
A populat one and modern could be the A45 AMG.
But well that's all i can guess.

Well... this kind of information should have been kept until the event started to be honest. This is good but it is simply a rumor at the moment.
Will stay reserved and not hoping too much until this being officially confirmed.

It's funny that this rain rumour has come up......Has anyone noticed that this week's Gr 4 Daily Race event at Bathurst, in the qualy session, the track appears what I could only describe as "moist", with a slightly damp look to it, with very low grip......Sure the race takes place at 8am game time, so it could be a bit of morning "dew"..... As then come the race, the track looks, and feels drier.....

But could it possibly be the "rain" effect already being teased in a minimal sense?

It's funny that this rain rumour has come up......Has anyone noticed that this week's Gr 4 Daily Race event at Bathurst, in the qualy session, the track appears what I could only describe as "moist", with a slightly damp look to it, with very low grip......Sure the race takes place at 8am game time, so it could be a bit of morning "dew"..... As then come the race, the track looks, and feels drier.....

But could it possibly be the "rain" effect already being teased in a minimal sense?

I haven't noticed this before. Screen shots? I'm not at home to verify the difference.

It will probably be a infield course of a original track with four new layouts with two car challenges :).
My guess is if it happens will be to test the waters on one track with limited number of cars.

I am having difficulty reconciling the fact that people are actually hoping for rain during a race.....:odd: I thought only Lewis Hamilton did that....:)

Aside from cars/tracks, people also want extra features, so rain is definitely something to be curious about. I welcome weather, be it dynamic or static. And I couldn't care less if certain players are opposed to it. It's not going to stop me from racing.

Last edited:
Kinda agree with Mikail here, if people were to spoil these type of surprises it will kill of hype since people already knows what comes.
Like that leak of the trueno and the porsche (It would have been an even bigger surprise to see it in the silhouttes).
Conversely little leaks like this add to hype, expectation and create a buzz in the community..... I mean we’re all posting about it, right?

Last edited:
Kinda agree with Mikail here, if people were to spoil these type of surprises it will kill of hype since people already knows what comes.
Like that leak of the trueno and the porsche (It would have been an even bigger surprise to see it in the silhouttes).
It's more about breaking PD's trust than spoiling surprises, but I do agree.

This is exactly how PD stops giving info out to a few privileged players that make it to these live events, and also to the rest of us as a result.

To be fair, what's the difference, in 'surprise factor', between saying 'Rain is coming to GT Sport' now and saying 'Rain is coming to GT Sport' later? Weren't you suprised to hear rain was in the cards just now, anyway?

I'm curious to see how wet tracks will be implemented. The lack of reflections on wet surfaces was awful on PS3, for some reasons wet surfaces looked better on PS2. And btw, the latest tracks look really good (Autopolis and Goodwood), there are many improvements compared to the 2017 tracks.

Back