S10 S7 and other S-Class Tunes *Mines PRO tune added*

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 366 comments
Hey s2k2k3... I'm a 49 year old newbie... but got hooked on the game after a friend showed it to me recently. I use the pad, even though my gf bought the wheel. I feel silly using the wheel. lol Anyway, I got the gold on S-10 with the Ford GT Concept car... but then just went back and got the gold with the Blitz. That was fun. I did it with this tune... and had my fastest lap in S-10 (a 159.xxx, even though I went off in the sand on that lap, so could have been faster if I showed a little more nerve, lol). What do you think of it, and where do you see some room for improvement with it:

Joey's Blitz tune for S-10
(auto trans)
Power: 588, +1
Weight: 1064, 85%
Aero: 17, 25
Height: -10, -13
Spring: 5, 5
Damper: 6, 5
Toe: +0.10, 0.00
Camber: 2.0, 1.5
Brake: 6, 4
Turning: 50
Traction: Off
ABS: Off
1st: 78, 2.560
2nd: 104, 1.902
3rd: 126, 1.576
4th: 160, 1.244
5th: 192, 1.035
6th: 233, 0.874
Final: 3.137

OK here's my impression of this tune:

I did my testing in the online 750pp suzuka free run. Overall a pretty balanced tune as far as suspension, but the gears are off some. First should be avoided because the shift time from 1-2 is longer than the other gears. You can only use 5 of the 6 gears anyway so 2-6 is better than 1-5. Also the jump from 3rd to 4th bogs the engine. The gap between those gears is too wide. Check the gear ratio graph and it's pretty obvious.

I ran a 1.57.110 with your setup and could have gone in the 56s with some more laps.

For comparison I ran a couple of laps with my Blitz tune and did a 1.56.311 on my 3rd lap. 55s definately possible. Most of the difference is in the gears. I suggest you try my gears from my Blitz tune.

OK here's my impression of this tune:

I did my testing in the online 750pp suzuka free run. Overall a pretty balanced tune as far as suspension, but the gears are off some. First should be avoided because the shift time from 1-2 is longer than the other gears. You can only use 5 of the 6 gears anyway so 2-6 is better than 1-5. Also the jump from 3rd to 4th bogs the engine. The gap between those gears is too wide. Check the gear ratio graph and it's pretty obvious.

I ran a 1.57.110 with your setup and could have gone in the 56s with some more laps.

For comparison I ran a couple of laps with my Blitz tune and did a 1.56.311 on my 3rd lap. 55s definately possible. Most of the difference is in the gears. I suggest you try my gears from my Blitz tune.

Ah, and that's why I asked you, I knew I would learn something! :) I will try your gearing and report back, and thank you for taking the time to help!

Last edited:
This got me interested in the Blitz again so I took it online and ran a few races. Won 4 and finished 2nd in 2. The Blitz is a fast ride that doesn't get enough respect.

s2k2k3... off topic... but how are you making your vids? Video camera the TV? or what? thanks

Last edited:
This got me interested in the Blitz again so I took it online and ran a few races. Won 4 and finished 2nd in 2. The Blitz is a fast ride that doesn't get enough respect.

The Blitz is a seriously cool car. I haven't tried your gear ratios yet, but got sidetracked with your tune list. I started with the Mines. With your tune the car feels very elegant, but sensitive (I am a stick banging pad user afterall, lol). Maybe too good a tune for me. I won the gold easy, but couldn't break into sub 2:00 laps. I got into the 1:59.xxx laps by modifying your tune like this:

Height: -12, -12
Springs: 6, 7
Dampers: 7, 8
Toe: +0.20, 0.00
Camber: 1.0, 1.5
Brakes: 5, 4
Max Turn: 40
ABS: off
TCS: off

everything else I left the same.

Last edited:
Then I tried your Vette Tuned tune for auto trans. I wasn't getting enough steering so I changed the toe in and the brakes like this:

Toe: +0.20, 0.10
Brakes: 4, 5

This car is a sure winner and I was able to get multiple 1:59.xxx laps in my first race with the above mods.

Last edited:
Then I tried your SRT10 Tuned tune for auto trans. Right away I thought it had serious potential. I got my first 1:58.xxx lap with it, and took the lead at the start of the 3rd lap (end of the straight away) for the first time. Never knew how boring it was to drive the last 3 laps alone. lol I made these changes to get that performance:

Height: -6, -6
Toe: +0.10, 0.05
Brakes: 4, 2

My lap times show I'm not on your level, so me doing better with these changes either comes from that or from me being a pad user, auto trans, type a guy. ??

I could not get any of the these cars to work back when I was first trying to win the gold in S-10. The only car that felt like it could win (and eventually just did by the chrome on its bumper) was the GT Concept car. I wonder how that car, all tuned up, would feel now?

Last edited:
Tried your Ford GT tune... the one you had the 1:56.xxx lap with. All I can say is... "we're not worthy, we're not worthy" :bowdown: lol Best I could do was 2:03.xxx. No way to get the gold for me. With the following changes I got the gold and a fast lap of 2:00.xxx:

Aero: 20 (can't change it but you said yours said 15?)

Height: -20, -15
Springs: 7, 6
Dampers: 8, 8
Toe: +0.25, 0
Camber: 2.5, 0

I was driving my F'n azz off. lol I'll not go back to that car anytime soon. lol

Last edited:
I moved onto the EVO X. I found it a cakewalk compared to the Ford GT! Fastest lap, 1:59.xxx. I did with my own quick tune... gonna try yours next. Here's mine:

Auto trans, and pad, as always:
Power: +41
Weight: 85%
Aero: 15, 30
Height: -20, -15
Springs: 7, 5
Dampers: 8, 5
Toe: +0.15, 0
Camber: 1.5, 0.5
Brakes: 5, 5

Gears:
1-6: default
Final: 3.517

Last edited:
Okay, remember I said I wondered what would happen if I tried the Ford GT LM now? Well I did. lol Took the lead on the 2nd lap for the first time... sure is boring after that. lol Started with your tune, but made alot of changes... crazy one being ABS=5 :embarrassed:

Auto Trans, stick banging pad
Power: -22%
Weight: 86%
Aero: Front 10 Rear 32
Height: -8 -10
Springs: 6 6
Dampers: 7 8
Toe: +0.05 0.00
Camber: 0.5 0.0
Brakes: 4 3
ABS: 5

Gears: (I used your gears)
1: 2.610
2: 1.703
3: 1.254
4: 0.987
5: 0.812
6: 0.686
F: 4.794

I remember when I was first trying to beat the game I wasn't good enough for your tune then, either. I got the gold by an inch... with a tune I got off a video from YOUTUBE. I gotta find that tune again and see what I think of it now. Also, thinking maybe your Ford GT tune and your Mines tune might work for me with ABS? Funny how because I'm using auto trans and the pad, versus your manual trans and the wheel... that some of your tunes push for me, and others are looser than loose. Hmmmm... actually I think most of your manual trans tunes are loose for me... and your auto trans tunes push. Hmmmm

Last edited:
Since I have been running the 750pp online event lately I have been tweaking my 750pp tunes. I decided to stick to R1 tires since that makes the tunes good for S7/S10. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Plus, at this power level with std physics R1s seem optimal for speed vs grip in most cases.

I have posted new tunes for the GTLM, Blitz, and Amuse. All will run 1:55s. GTLM and Amuse are for wheel users since they require precise throttle and steering. The Blitz is very stable and should work well for pad and auto trans users.

Last edited:
Cool... more tunes to try! :) I found the one that I used to get the gold the first time. Gonna try it again today to see what I think... Ford GT LM... the guy shows a 1:55.150 in the video:

Power: -24
Weight: 88%
Aero: 20, 35
Height: -15, -15
Springs: 8, 9
Dampers: 7, 8
Toe: 0, 0
Camber: 0.7, 0.5
Brakes: 8, 9
TC: Off
ABS: 1

1: 2.342
2: 1.585
3: 1.151
4: 1.056
5: 0.838
6: 0.686
F: 2.891

Thats a nice lap. I haven't really had a perfect lap with any of my tunes. I should focus on free run for a while and I think I could get into the 54s.

Edit: Just ran a 1:54.909 in free run in the Blitz. Wasn't a perfect lap but a pretty good lap. There is another .3 to be had at least.

I saved the replay and may post it on youtube when I get a new computer (typing this on my ps3).

Last edited:
Thats a nice lap. I haven't really had a perfect lap with any of my tunes. I should focus on free run for a while and I think I could get into the 54s.

Edit: Just ran a 1:54.909 in free run in the Blitz. Wasn't a perfect lap but a pretty good lap. There is another .3 to be had at least.

I saved the replay and may post it on youtube when I get a new computer (typing this on my ps3).

That brings up a question I asked you a few messages back... what's your procedure for getting the videos from the tv screen to youtube ready?

I use the lo-tech method. Video the TV screen with a camera that saves in mpg format. Then just post the video straight to youtube. The hi-tech method is to use a video capture device such as a Dazzle. You get a much higher quality video that way.

The California beats S10 easy and the F430 beats it with a little effort. Check my tunes here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3184137&postcount=9

I had a go with your Mines and Blitz tunes on S7, in pro physics mode. The Mines was actually far more stable than the Blitz using pro physics, but I guess the whole point is that they are tuned for standard physics. Anyway, I found myself seriously short on power for Fuji, couldn't get to the podium with either car. I'm not really sure that mucking around with the gearing for more power would help either.

Which tune would you recommend for S7 Fuji? I'm still stuck on silver there (gold on S10 was indeed easy, got it ages ago probably with the tuned Vette during Spec II era). I suspect the answer is obvious, but I'm loathe to grab the Ford GT LM because I hate driving it, so looking for an alternative which has the power for the long straight.

Which tune would you recommend for S7 Fuji? I'm still stuck on silver there (gold on S10 was indeed easy, got it ages ago probably with the tuned Vette during Spec II era). I suspect the answer is obvious, but I'm loathe to grab the Ford GT LM because I hate driving it, so looking for an alternative which has the power for the long straight.

My Tuned Vette pro physics tune has more than enough grunt on the straight to gold S7. I find I can take the lead on lap 3 most times.

Pro tune here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3186437&postcount=10

My Tuned Vette pro physics tune has more than enough grunt on the straight to gold S7. I find I can take the lead on lap 3 most times.

Pro tune here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3186437&postcount=10

I'll give that a try.

As it is I took your Mines tune, extended the gears a little, switched to standard physics, and beat S7 at my second attempt. I think I got lucky with the Amuse only passing the Blitz on lap three, so I had the lead by the end of lap three. 1:38s/1:39s proved plenty fast enough.

...but I'm probably still going to attempt S7 on pro physics. It's a shame to have to switch down for that kind of event.

I'll give that a try.

As it is I took your Mines tune, extended the gears a little, switched to standard physics, and beat S7 at my second attempt. I think I got lucky with the Amuse only passing the Blitz on lap three, so I had the lead by the end of lap three. 1:38s/1:39s proved plenty fast enough.

...but I'm probably still going to attempt S7 on pro physics. It's a shame to have to switch down for that kind of event.

I think it's great that they make you genuinely work for a few of the golds. I still have 4 events I haven't golded in pro (and probably never will since I'm not interested in spending my time on one-lap or tt events), but I have pro gold in all race events. I focussed on S10 until I got my skill and tune good enough for gold. Then S7 was easy for me.

The California beats S10 easy and the F430 beats it with a little effort. Check my tunes here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3184137&postcount=9

Yup, pretty easy with the California... got the gold on my first try with this tune:

Ferrari California
Auto trans and pad

Power: +13

Height: -25, -30
Springs: 10, 10
Dampers: 10,10
Toe: 0.15, 0.30
Camber: 4.0, 4.0
Brakes: 7, 6
Max Turn: 50
TC: off
ABS: 1

gears:
1: 2.916
2: 1.970
3: 1.496
4: 0.915
5: 0.740
6: 0.596
F: 4.051

Just ran a 1:54.909 in free run in the Blitz. Wasn't a perfect lap but a pretty good lap. There is another .3 to be had at least.

Damn! I'm not sure I'm going to get there with the pad/auto trans... but the gf does have the wheel right here... may have to re-learn with it. :embarrassed:

I did just have my best lap... a 1:57.790... did it with the Blitz and my latest tune:

Blitz
(auto trans, pad user)
Power: +1
Aero: 20, 23
Height: -12, -10
Springs: 7, 5
Damper: 8, 5
Toe: 0, 0
Camber: 3.0, 3.0
Brakes: 4, 1
Turning: 50
TC: off

gears
1st: 2.560
2nd: 1.902
3rd: 1.513
4th: 1.244
5th: 1.035
6th: 0.874
Final: 3.771

Damn! I'm not sure I'm going to get there with the pad/auto trans... but the gf does have the wheel right here... may have to re-learn with it. :embarrassed:

I know you think you'll feel silly driving using the wheel but I'm also upper 40s and I feel silly driving with a joystick. The control and feedback of the wheel take the experience to another level.

re: your tunes... You run a much tighter setup than I like. Probably has alot to do with the pad vs wheel difference. I predict that once you get used to the wheel you'll start loosening up your tunes.

As a side note on the Blitz, I was racing online yesterday in the Blitz and the car just wouldn't turn. I ran off course 3 times in the first lap. I finally realized I had turned on ABS while playing with a pro tune and forgot to turn it off again. :yuck:

Okay, okay... I'll try it. lol She has it on the coffee table and the ergonomics are all wrong... I'll have to set something up for it...

Hey, do you have one of the racing chairs... is that www.precisechair.com any good?

Last edited:
Hi ,

With your Vette tune and the Blitz tune ,i am not able to get any further than 7.The best lap time i could acheive with a near perfect lap was 2:01.

Please help me with a good tune for S 10.I am a pad and a auto tranny user.

Hi ,

With your Vette tune and the Blitz tune ,i am not able to get any further than 7.The best lap time i could acheive with a near perfect lap was 2:01.

Please help me with a good tune for S 10.I am a pad and a auto tranny user.

If you are using the auto trans tunes then the tunes are plenty fast enough to gold S10. A good tune isn't enough. It also takes practice. It took me dozens of tries to gold S10 with std physics. And then it took me dozens more to gold it in pro.

Some basic rules: Keep your eyes up and look ahead. Don't focus on the car in front of you. Look as far ahead as you can. Slow in and fast out of the corners. Get your inside tires on the curb. Use the draft when you can.

Practice practice practice.

Ah. Hey, ever see this vid? A 1:51:701 lap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzbIAz4Beg

That doesn't count. Thats using Japanese seconds.

Kidding obviously. I haven't messed with the GTLM much. Yeah I know it's the fastest car in the game (not counting the F1). Maybe that's why I don't care for it. Plus it comes only in pretentious black. I hardly ever drive a black car.

But the driving in that vid is impressive. I too would like to try his tune but I am under no illusions that I could match his time. Although this does get me to wondering just how fast I COULD go...

Back