S10 S7 and other S-Class Tunes *Mines PRO tune added*

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 366 comments
Well not to be critical... But you can do better than that Grasshopper.

The FC can do 1'56 laps on R1 tires. I usually run 1'57.xxx laps, with the occasional 1'56 if I catch a draft.

DAMN! I will work on it!

But I was referring to the big pimp'n soundtrack. ;)

Where on earth have you been recently?!?! Also, isn't this a little bit off topic?

Well, I'm kinda new to PS3, Gran Turismo, etc... but got addicted right away. :) As for off topic... am I making things worse by responding to you? lol

Just looked at the pics with the crash damage, photo realism, etc... of Gran Turismo 5... wow!

GTPlanet is a big world ;) a little searching and looking around goes a long way. Theres a huge GT5 thread that will put you in your element 👍

Yes indeed, let's stick to S-class tuning in this thread. Plenty of threads on any topic you can think of right under the little search button. ;)

Im curious if any of you can suggest the easiest way to get a bronze or more on the S10 race. Im currently working with the ford gt spec posted here with ABS=1 instead of off. I got to about 7th place on my 4th lap where i blew it on the hairpin (Basically came up to it in 4th probably hit the brake a little to fast, and caused my card to veer right then sping out. Put me back to 10th. Finished at 7th.

Ill admit this race takes some perfection, but i really just wanna beat it so i can buy the f2007.

Im curious if any of you can suggest the easiest way to get a bronze or more on the S10 race. Im currently working with the ford gt spec posted here with ABS=1 instead of off. I got to about 7th place on my 4th lap where i blew it on the hairpin (Basically came up to it in 4th probably hit the brake a little to fast, and caused my card to veer right then sping out. Put me back to 10th. Finished at 7th.

Ill admit this race takes some perfection, but i really just wanna beat it so i can buy the f2007.

Read through this thread. There is alot of advice other than tuning.

I had read some of the advice previously but it was a good reminder. The next few times trying i was spinning out before the hairpin every time. I came back a few hours later thought id try without ASM and that did it. I only spun out once (i think cause i hit the grass a bit). and yeah after a few tries got the bronze. :D

I had read some of the advice previously but it was a good reminder. The next few times trying i was spinning out before the hairpin every time. I came back a few hours later thought id try without ASM and that did it. I only spun out once (i think cause i hit the grass a bit). and yeah after a few tries got the bronze. :D

There you go. 👍

I tried the Blitz R34 tune, and i find its harder to drive compared to your Viper, Vette, GT LM and Amuse GT1 tunes :lol:

Just pointing out, you shouldn't have said 'best for pad users', since its actually quite hard to drive.

I tried the Blitz R34 tune, and i find its harder to drive compared to your Viper, Vette, GT LM and Amuse GT1 tunes :lol:

Just pointing out, you shouldn't have said 'best for pad users', since its actually quite hard to drive.

It's definately very different in handling than those others. It's got more of a tight than a loose feel. I have gotten complaints that many of my tunes are too loose for pad users. So I still say this tune will work well for SOME pad users who don't like a loose car.

I tend to like a loose car myself but once I got used to driving this one I ran my second best times with it, behind the ever-dominant GTLM. And I find I'm more consistent with the Blitz than the LM. I may run a faster lap in the LM, but I do a better race time with the Blitz.

By the far the easiest of the fastest cars is the Viper tuned, i liked your setup for that. But 1:59+ is simply not quick enough :( Its a shame, the cars that are easy to drive just don't cut it.

By the far the easiest of the fastest cars is the Viper tuned, i liked your setup for that. But 1:59+ is simply not quick enough :( Its a shame, the cars that are easy to drive just don't cut it.

You runnin pro? That would explain why the Blitz tune sucks so bad for you. That's a std physics tune. My Tuned Vette PRO setup is my best tune for S10 pro.

You runnin pro? That would explain why the Blitz tune sucks so bad for you. That's a std physics tune. My Tuned Vette PRO setup is my best tune for S10 pro.

Ah i see :D

I've done it on standard with most of those cars with my own setups (Although not quite getting into the 1:56s with any cars lol), but pro is in a different league, the best i have managed is 3rd in the GTLM, and that was because i took it easy and didn't make any mistakes. But it took my 4-5 attempts, i kept screwing up halfway through the 4 lap, at the uphill left hand bend after the esses, then dunlop corner, and then spoon :dopey:

I find it hard to push my car when the traffic cuts off my entry into several corners. Between the 130R and the chicance seems to be the best place, i always overtake 2-3 cars there, the AI is so damn slow through that section.

Like i said, the Viper seems to be the easiest, but averaging 2:00-2:04 with clean laps means even a clean race puts me behind the lead cars, to win you need to be lapping below 2:00 :/

Next time my bro lets me on his PS3 :indiff: I'll have a go with your vette tune. (I really need my own PS3, i barely get any time on this game)

I finally got a silver on this race just now, after trying off and on for about 4 days. I used the Ford GT LM after trying about all the other cars possible, and tuned it with the original tune provided by s2k2k3. Great tune. I'm never doing this race ever again.

I finally got a silver on this race just now, after trying off and on for about 4 days. I used the Ford GT LM after trying about all the other cars possible, and tuned it with the original tune provided by s2k2k3. Great tune. I'm never doing this race ever again.

I was the same as many noobs when I first tried S10. I couldn't get past 9th place, even on std physics. So I started looking for a tune that would help me. I didn't find much for std physics. So by trial and error I kept at it and got to 7th, 5th, 3rd (passed!), and finally scored the win in the 111R. That was right before the Spec III update.

That's when EVERYTHING changed. The 111R was a completely different car after the update. And all the other cars changed to one degree or other. The Ford GT which I couldn't drive at all in Spec II, now was much more forgiving and actually fun to drive in Spec III.

The PP levels for the S events changed as well.

So I decided it was the perfect time to create a list of Spec III tunes for the S-class events. My goal was to give noobs a reference to help them clear the events and cut down on the number of "How do I win S--?" threads.

I made the list of tunes you see here (at least the original version of it).

But along the way something I didn't anticipate happened. I discovered that S10 is actually VERY easy (in std physics) in EVERY car that makes 750PP. The race that took me SO many tries to finally get gold I found myself taking the lead on lap 3 and cruising to the win by over 10 seconds.

What changed? Me. I no longer felt the pressure to win (I already had the gold) and so my driving was much calmer, smoother, and FASTER. The race that frustrated me for hours became my favorite "play" event.

Moral is, take some time off from this event, but come back to it without the pressure and you'll find it's much easier than you thought, and alot more fun.

Moral is, take some time off from this event, but come back to it without the pressure and you'll find it's much easier than you thought, and alot more fun.

Thats correct.

I start to get a bit stressed after lap 2. Sometimes i can get up to 6th place and then make several mistakes. If i was more relaxed i would have kept going, i guess i was pushing the car too hard, trying to brake late at the dunlop and spoon corners in not a good idea...

Yup, pretty easy with the California... got the gold on my first try with this tune:

Ferrari California
Auto trans and pad

Power: +13
Weight: 85%

Height: -25, -30
Springs: 10, 10
Dampers: 10,10
Toe: 0.15, 0.30
Camber: 4.0, 4.0
Brakes: 7, 6
Max Turn: 50
TC: off
ABS: 1

gears:
1: 2.916
2: 1.970
3: 1.496
4: 0.915
5: 0.740
6: 0.596
F: 4.051

Gears 4,5 & 6 can not input those values. Plus you are missing a gear.

Gold at S-7 Fuji F in the Z06/Tuned using this setup. Took lead on lap 3, finished out the race with three sloppy mid-1'38s. This is just some tune I had on the car, but even still might be useful for someone.

85%
R1 (lock)
20/21
-7/-7
7/3
6/2
-.20/+.06
3.2/1.3
3/6

30/off/1

X6g
3.23 * was hitting limiter on straight, 3.1 might be better.

👍 Great Tune!! I tried several tunes for the Vette tuned on S-7 & this worked the best far for that course!! Awesome tune!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK.......

Your Blitz tune got me through S-2 S-4 and S-5 with golds....Thank You very much....

Can't get S-7 or 10 however...will try Z06 tune tomorrow....

I'm using a stock controller and Automatic as my wheel has nor arrived yet...

OK.......

Your Blitz tune got me through S-2 S-4 and S-5 with golds....Thank You very much....

Can't get S-7 or 10 however...will try Z06 tune tomorrow....

I'm using a stock controller and Automatic as my wheel has nor arrived yet...

If you're referring to the stock Z06 (and not the GT Tuned version) I advise against the stock Z06 for those events until you've mastered it in an easier car. I have tunes specifically for auto trans for the Tuned Corvette and Tuned Viper.

I think he has not put 1st gear in that post (I don't use 1st in that car)

Most likely that's correct. I don't know if Rudder will ever come back to this thread so try 2-7 instead of 1-6. Or you can PM Rudder and ask.

Last edited:
Back