s12ken | the finer details | Avatar! (Nissan GTR 24hr) ::UPDATE::

• Thread starter s12ken
  • 327 comments

Magic! haha LOLZ! :dopey:

To answer AOS' question, a lot of practice on photoshop and a lot of time to learn goes a long way, been doing this for a long time, since even before GT4, so I usually know what works (most of the time), just remember to practice, practice, practice and you'll be able to pull of stunning images as well.

Nice very warm tones you got there, looks hot. I quite like it. The first second and fourth shots I'm digging. 👍

Magic! haha LOLZ! :dopey:

To answer AOS' question, a lot of practice on photoshop and a lot of time to learn goes a long way, been doing this for a long time, since even before GT4, so I usually know what works (most of the time), just remember to practice, practice, practice and you'll be able to pull of stunning images as well.

not practice... Practice composition? Already doing that. I'm referring more to how you get crisp details. Let's take that 458 italia in your first post. that wheel with all those reflections on it.... none of that detail is blurry or pixelated... that was part of the game, right? And not just a massive amounts of photoshop?

not practice... Practice composition? Already doing that. I'm referring more to how you get crisp details. Let's take that 458 italia in your first post. that wheel with all those reflections on it.... none of that detail is blurry or pixelated... that was part of the game, right? And not just a massive amounts of photoshop?

I see. You can only get that kind of detail from Premium Cars, and a little help from photoshop, as well as paint chip choice.

Has there been an update? There must of! That looks like a Premium car! Great set!

I see. You can only get that kind of detail from Premium Cars, and a little help from photoshop, as well as paint chip choice.

I was talking specifically about the wheel capturing all those reflections... I take it that stock wheels don't do that? The Maserati GT gets none whatsoever.

AOS-
I was talking specifically about the wheel capturing all those reflections... I take it that stock wheels don't do that? The Maserati GT gets none whatsoever.

Some do, it really depebds on the wheel in questio. And the paint finish, It also depends on the ligbting of the scenery whrther reflections will be cast or not. Maybe it might be better if i show you with unprocessed images.

Here's the Maserati with it's stock rims
1211068535_g3bgo-XL.jpg

And here's my SLR all chromed out
1211068541_qRAb7-XL.jpg

The Paint finish and environment have a lot to do with the reflections that are cast on all the models in GT5, I've found that high contrast scenes (i.e. tunnels, tree lined tracks, night scenes) cast the best reflections on objects in GT5, likewise dark colored, chrome and Rosso Scuderia and Corsa paints are the most reflective of all the paint chips as well as certain Silver colored chips.

Last edited:
Great shots, 2nd from bottom looks pike a painting. My only advice on Rally aerial shots is that the tires need to be turned outward. When they're turned inward it makes the car look like it is ill handling with understeer.

These shots are great.

Great shots, 2nd from bottom looks pike a painting. My only advice on Rally aerial shots is that the tires need to be turned outward. When they're turned inward it makes the car look like it is ill handling with understeer.

These shots are great.

Thanks! I'm not really that good of a rally driver so that's why some of the photos don't have the wheels in opposite lock, but I was trying, hehe.

While I like the lighting in number two, I still feel it would be better. But only if the shot, used some rules of third.

I really like the colour tones of them. Shot-wise there not bad. The background of the first almost looks painted which is interesting.

Back