s12ken | the finer details | Avatar! (Nissan GTR 24hr) ::UPDATE::

• Thread starter s12ken
  • 327 comments
Golly, the detail/reflection on the lower light is truly stunning! :drool: And the low aperture is perfect (not sure if I'm using 'aperture' correctly, but you know what I mean :P) I really can't think of any way the shot could be improved.

Check out my gallery sometime!

click on the images for their full sizes

I've been a bit busy lately, to make up for the time I've been gone, here's a special set for everyone :dopey:

Last edited:
I want to say you stole those out of a Mercedes Benz history book. They really look like classic 300 SL Promo shots or something that'd be hung up in the World HQ.

As Gtuned said, they look like they've come straight out of an artistic book on classic cars. The silhouette image at the bottom is especially nice to look at, and the close ups of details work well with the black and white, allowing you to pick out the details you've focused on rather than being distracted by too many colours.

As Gtuned said, they look like they've come straight out of an artistic book on classic cars. The silhouette image at the bottom is especially nice to look at, and the close ups of details work well with the black and white, allowing you to pick out the details you've focused on rather than being distracted by too many colours.

Thanks man! I was initially gonna do these in color, in the usual warm tones that I use, but when I saw six's theme for this weeks theme, I was on it like a bad rash.. hehe, I must admit they did turn out beautifully.

BTW, I've added two more ;)

click on the images for their full sizes

I've been busy again lately hehe, not much time for GT Photo but here's what I've managed to put together.

:dopey:

Nice set. I really like the contrast between the orange leaves and the car colour. Very classic and the first one is a perfect example of this - that contrast works really well and gives is a whole new composition level.
The second one would work better if there was more blur in the background, specially the trees, to hide those ugly textures.
The other ones are pretty amazing as well - simple, classic and powerful - specially the third one. 👍

That's Stunning Work the color of the leaves works Brilliantly with the car ,Stunning Update mate 👍

@ ceiling_fan - Thanks mate! It was fun to do actually hehe.
@ Jason_B - Many thanks! I knew that this effect worked well with Trial Mountain, especially since this effect works so well with greenery and lots of it.
@ Nicknamealgeum - Thanks bro, have to agree with the ugly textures, I captured that one @ 35mm f/1.4 already, but the horrible way that GT5 renders Bokeh (background blur) makes it a real challenge sometimes for my Noise Reduction software.
@ TVR&FF - Thanks mate! As always a man of few words, but a lot of meaning behind them ;)
@ Grand Prix - LOLZ combining the name of Autumn Ring and Trial Mountain somehow appropriately describes my set.. hehe :D
@ sems4arsenal - Thanks man! I just love autumn colors :D

Been busy with something lately...

Baby%2BShin%2B6%2BMonths.jpg

It's a boy!​

The sharpening on the 25r is a little high, but the composition and colors are absolutely fantastic! Nice to see you back, and congrats on the boy.

amazingly sharp and clean pics. awesome editing, nothing over the top. i just found a new wallpaper in here!

Back