S2 Alpha Demo Is Here!!!!!

• Thread starter aoe_viruz
  • 75 comments
lol, er. i think everyone who actually cares about LFS already knows :)

Most of the LFS'ers i know dont like gt4. and the LFS gtplanet team leader got banned a while ago, i think his name was Darin.

a gem like this and no one replies.
this world is insane.
ppl dunno what they are missing.
a free deep sim demo like this...the online rocks the tyre code is excellent...
no wonder ppl who play lfs dont like gt4...
currently at 1.36.20 on the gti ,single player no wind, blackwood. soon 35's :P
have fun.

I'm having trouble setting up my wheel and pedals, it recognizes them if I make the throttle and brake a combined axis, but when I make them seperate (under the control panel) and assign them as seperate in the game it doesnt seem to work. I need to heel toe downshift. :ill:

Besides that, it's awsome.

DJM PRODUCTIONS
I'm having trouble setting up my wheel and pedals, it recognizes them if I make the throttle and brake a combined axis, but when I make them seperate (under the control panel) and assign them as seperate in the game it doesnt seem to work. I need to heel toe downshift. :ill:

Besides that, it's awsome.
you should describe your problem a little better...which wheel do you use? did you calibrate the wheel correctly in LFS? chose the right axis and maybe inverted them?

lfs usually detects anything...

by the way, i am a huge LFS fan since the first demo came out and i am a huge GT4 fan since i got that a week ago and i know a lot of people from the german LFS board who also got GT4 and enjoy it very much. both have their strengths, LFs the online racing, GT4 the nürburgring. ;)
i also find that the newest honda civic type-r with S2 tyres in GT4 handles very much like a GTi with a fast setup or slightly tuned similar to the FXO. :)

i of course downloaded the demo right away when they announced it on the TV but i don't check this forum here very often. ;)

i know this is offtopic, but Vladimir, I loved you in Max Payne. :)

If your using a wingman wheel, and in the profiler you have it set to seperate pedals, but its still not working, try asking the wingman team. Or.. reinstalling drivers after a clean uninstall. THats what fixed it for my Driving force pro. :)

This is great! I used to play the S1 demo a while ago and can't really see much of a difference. But this is great fun.

And this seems to be the only comp game to properly support the 900degree-mode of DFP.
I also noticed how easy it is to powerslide. If the game only got an AM DB9 I would be sliding endless hours around the parking lot :D

It's a shame you can't buy this great game in shops. I'm not too keen on the idea of buying games online.

And btw, I'm a huge fan of GT4. I think GT4 feels pretty similar to this when the car is driven with some set of 'normal' tires.

If anyone want's to race me i'm usually hanging around "1337 Server" (don't bother about the name)

Played the S2 demo & it seems pretty nice. The tyres & damage are welcome additions but despite a little facelift it doesn't seem very different to how I remember it (When I played the S1 demo).

T5-R
Played the S2 demo & it seems pretty nice. The tyres & damage are welcome additions but despite a little facelift it doesn't seem very different to how I remember it (When I played the S1 demo).

I like the pit stops. When everyone leaves me (:() I just go into one of the pit stalls and turn off the engine and do other stuff.

I used to play this online with MistaX and Doug a little - but that was over a year ago (maybe two years even). I downloaded S1 yesterday, and hooked my old and trusty Thrustmaster Formula T2 (hence: this wheel is 6 or 7 years old) to it. Worked liked a charm though! This wheel feels really nice!

I've been driving one day, and I've gotten my laptimes down in the 1:41 region with the XR GT (I haven't unlocked the GT Turbo yet), aiming to go under the 40 second barrier consistently in the next few days.

I use my mouse for accelerating, braking, and steering. Amazingly I got a second place finish with my awesome GTi infront of many XR GT Turbos. The first place guy was in a GTi as well. But used a wheel. My fastest lap with that GTi and mouse was um, 1:40.

I just got it a couple days ago. I've got S1 full, can't wait for S2, I really want to drive the Formula cars. The realism with the Driving Force Pro is awesome.

This is UTTER brilliance. It makes GT4 seem pretty sad tbh, calling Gt4 a driving sim is pretty much a joke tbh when compared to stuff like this, this is the closest a game has ever come in terms of feeling like a real car imo.

i got one i'm currently working on. the breaks are almost completely even with a little bias towards the front and stiff stable suspension. Its a WIP. Only my second day playing s2, but i've had s1 for years. :)

u gotta use agressive weight shifting and throttle in the beginning then smooth inputs once you start sliding. 👍

btw, i use the driving force pro 720 degrees. so if you dont have that wheel, you might want to change the steering settings.

Attachments

• XR GT_gab1.zip
    236 bytes · Views: 12
Is it going to be possible to make your own 'skins' for the cars in S2? opposed to 'hacking' them in like in S1? Would be cool to have races with everyone in personalised paintschemes.

Yes it would be a bit bandwidth intensive but for broadband users and JPGs it shouldn't be too bad. Obviously they could include an option not to download skins...

The Porko
S2 is Awesome.... anyone got a good drift setup? Also Blackbird how did u turn off the engine.

Hit the i key on your keyboard. Press it again to start it up.

I will download this over the next day or so, see you guys online soon :).

coo, I've had the game for years and i never realized you could turn off the engine :dunce:

i've known for years though that u can flash your headlights and signal, put on hazards and stuff though...

I wish they'd put in some night racing, so those lights would be useful. (Initial D hint hint :) )

Gabkicks
coo, I've had the game for years and i never realized you could turn off the engine :dunce:
no suprise, since you can only switch of the engine since the S2 alpha demo has been released. ;)

it was included because of the fuel usage...and it still lacks some nice startup sound.

This game is freakin awesome!! Racing (on a good server) is so much better than racing crap AI drivers, and physics are awesome. 👍 Raced a few hours, my best time so far is 1:31.XX with the Turbo XR, so I'm usually at the back or mid-pack if there's no race incident. :(

My only gripe so far is the lack of virtual mirrors in external view, which made for a few race incidents... (I've set the viewpoint about the same as the bumper cam in GT4)

And I actually raced with Rael this afternoon. :P (had doubts first, but the guy definitely was Rael, he knew a lot of details about his racing career, which I verified. Aliens love racing!!)

Latest Posts

Back