S2 | Autobacs Super GT | (NEW START TIME ~ 2pm Pst | 10pm Gmt)Open 

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 729 comments
@joetruckv8 You have to believe me when I say the HSV is barely down on top speed. TNT was way down on top speed at Fuji then I explained a few things and he was where he should be. Top speed isn't just cut and dry for each car. Too speed can be affected a lot with tuning in this game.

Engine 3 is about a second if not more depending on the track and none of these cars are a second apart.

I would leave the cars as is and add a little weight to the Lexus.

I'm at 1160kg and I was squaring off the last turn at Fuji to maximize my straight away speed and Tyson clocked me at 167mph @ full DF. Tyson who is running next to nothing on the rear DF and running 20kg more was hitting 173mph going into the trap. So there is roughly 6mph that can be bought via rear DF. That's good enough for me in the HSV!

@joetruckv8 You have to believe me when I say the HSV is barely down on top speed. TNT was way down on top speed at Fuji then I explained a few things and he was where he should be. Top speed isn't just cut and dry for each car. Too speed can be affected a lot with tuning in this game.

Engine 3 is about a second if not more depending on the track and none of these cars are a second apart.

I would leave the cars as is and add a little weight to the Lexus.

Like I said earlier I'm fine with the HSV at these current reg's, I'm not the 1 that needs convincing on adding performance to the HSV. I'm mentioning Eng 3 because yes it would help at least my lap times out a bit, but I believe each car has its weapons, so yea smoke me on the straights for the guys whom can not churn out that mph your getting Oz in the HSV but like I always say "I'll see you in the infield where I plan to make up my time lost down the straights.

A bunch guys on the treads said run full DF for the best results, I've never done this since the 1st aero patch on GT5 and I've won 2 Championships, and usual place anywhere between 6-7 to 2nd place in overall pts. I figured new game why not try a full season with full DF since I've never tried it. But after this season I plan on running my normal lower DF numbers to see if that low trap speed that I experienced can be dealt with, which I'm confident I can... :sly:👍

:bowdown: success ballast to figure out the rest,

Btw Team Championship pts are going thru their edit process tonight,. From the looks of it it seems Tyson & I may take the Team Championship win, granted Seth & Race don't run us down (that's a really strong team) this Saturday. With that being said Tyson hasn't submitted his track picks just yet but were going to turn some laps at a couple of his picks.

Joe Team Award Picks
1. Deep Forest Rev (I've never ran a serious race with this layout yet, and I think the track is a complete workout)
2. Monaco (I know a lot of people hate Monaco, which is why I kind of want to race it. The other reason is F1 just hit this track and so yea; I'm fining for a taste, and my last race here was a hit. I accept the Monaco challenge!)

I'm at 1160kg and I was squaring off the last turn at Fuji to maximize my straight away speed and Tyson clocked me at 167mph @ full DF. Tyson who is running next to nothing on the rear DF and running 20kg more was hitting 173mph going into the trap. So there is roughly 6mph that can be bought via rear DF. That's good enough for me in the HSV!

Like I said earlier I'm fine with the HSV at these current reg's, I'm not the 1 that needs convincing on adding performance to the HSV. I'm mentioning Eng 3 because yes it would help at least my lap times out a bit, but I believe each car has its weapons, so yea smoke me on the straights for the guys whom can not churn out that mph your getting Oz in the HSV but like I always say "I'll see you in the infield where I plan to make up my time lost down the straights.

A bunch guys on the treads said run full DF for the best results, I've never done this since the 1st aero patch on GT5 and I've won 2 Championships, and usual place anywhere between 6-7 to 2nd place in overall pts. I figured new game why not try a full season with full DF since I've never tried it. But after this season I plan on running my normal lower DF numbers to see if that low trap speed that I experienced can be dealt with, which I'm confident I can... :sly:👍

:bowdown: success ballast to figure out the rest,
I'm not sure how much time you have on Deep forest Reverse but in my opinion it is a complete joke of a track and track boundaries are hard to enforce.

^Luckily Tyson has his picks to submit too, even tho he's not too turn off to Monaco like I thought,.

`Practice/Race Room going up early tomorrow morning fellas. Remember with Fuji's long starlight you don't want you guys oil going bad mid race :) cough*oil changes*

Last edited:
Super GT at Kyushu (Autopolis) is this weekend! This is an awesome track. I hope everyone here watches it. If you need a link to live stream just pm me.

Any late comers, race in 12 mins roughly ?

I hope we go to Monaco if we only going to have 5 to 6 drivers. That track is short enough to feel like a packed grid with only a hand full of drivers,.. Anyways once again still a great race only with 4 heads, and Skeng's proved the Hsv has top speed even with kg!

Last edited:
With oz missing the last 2 races I think I should have clinched the title last night .

I think .

With oz missing the last 2 races I think I should have clinched the title last night .

I think .

Yea I think so, with a 1 round buffer too. Tyson & I too without Racefan racing last night should of clinched the Teams Championship. Since there is a big chance few will show I'll declare Monaco as of now the last round, until I talk to Tyson to see if he object's

Monaco takes a ton of practice to be raced well, so with that being said, I would like to have a sign up sheet of who will show to race Monaco in 2 week?

Hey guys sorry I've been mia. I'm most likely taking this summer off from gt. I might be there for the Monaco race if I'm home at that time. Good luck the rest of the way, see you guys soon.

Ok, guys no wirries we've all been there. I myself after more than 3 yrs of racing now only need to race once every 2 weeks as long as the race distance is good,! Anyways right after the race we will commence S3 talks about cars, chassis, reg's, tracks, and more importantely even commencing a S3 even at all?,. If for what ever reason we dont launch Season 3 then ill be hosting spot races at least once a month especially during epic races such as the 24H Le Mans coming up this month, and revising Monaco like we are.

So stay around and watch the op guys to see whats going on in the future!

Anyways you 7 to 8 drivers are the don's of our racing and its been a pleasure even just to race you few fimiliar virtual race drivers. If I dont see you here, I know ill see you on track somewhere else then. Im not going away for awhile still...

Did you update the points and ballast yet?
Will try tonight my personal computer is man down so im back to using my roomates laptop but she does Slp's at night so getting access is key. I can keep the op updated, but I lack in the points between gf & room mates at home night job. If I can get Tyson to do the pts like Zach did then the series will run professionally again. Tyson already agreed we just have to find time to Do the training video chat so he can learn how to do it. He already agreed to do so, and this would be the last thing this series needs to fix to be close to the best, and this will be done before Season 3 launches in July for sure...

Ill be lapping Monaco this werkend with Tyson if any guys online we would live to do some practice stint races with you guys? Hope to see you online this weekend!

Last edited:
Monaco Race Settings
Distance 125km - 38 Laps

Issues: 24H Du Mans this weekend, are there any guys here whom wont make the race because they are going to watch the full 24H race? I would like to ask you guys if you guys would rather tace Monaco another date we agree on, or just race it this Saturday during the 24H race. Either or is good for me because I record it and catch up to the live race anyways, but some guys watch it straight out?

Monaco Race Settings
Distance 125km - 38 Laps

Issues: 24H Du Mans this weekend, are there any guys here whom wont make the race because they are going to watch the full 24H race? I would like to ask you guys if you guys would rather tace Monaco another date we agree on, or just race it this Saturday during the 24H race. Either or is good for me because I record it and catch up to the live race anyways, but some guys watch it straight out?

I'll be watching straight through, recording and catching up isn't an option for me because I watch it commercial free

Alright fellas, we are going to run this in 2 weeks. Because, if this is our last race, I want it to go down at a track like Monaco. We 7 are the Dons of GTP and we'll race each other again in the future, but to be honest, there may not be a season 3 as scheduled. I would appreciate if we can all show up for one last race... that race being the Mean Streets of Monaco. Let's end this series on a high, and make sure we show up for one last good-bye race. At this point, you call this series a league or call it a club, but whatever it is, it's been a true pleasure.

-I will be starting a private conversation called The Dons of Autobacs which you 7 will receive an invite to... On this private conversation we will discuss our final run at Monaco and talk about the possibility of a season 3 in the near future. As a host I have been able to show up to most of the races, and deal with driver politics to the best of my ability. The one part that I know I trouble with keeping up with updating points, partially because my computers are currently broken, but also due to my new home life. So, in this off season I'm not only going to meet new drivers in other series, I'm going to show Tyson how to do the spreadsheets. This will allow me to update the OP before end of day Sunday. This, you guys deserve.

Hope all of you are having a happy 24 hour weekend... see you in 2 weeks for the showdown in the Streets of Monaco.

-Joseph Jones

^Hate to hear that, but I've there,.. Just try some time away and see if you miss it again?,^

2014 Le Mans very entertaining in deed I hope you guys are watching! If not YouTube it this is exciting.,,

Le Mans Races
2010 - Good
2011 - Great
2012 - Boring
2013 - Better
2014 - Interesting

Note: I may have 2010 & 2011 mixed up

Last edited:
Back