S2 | Autobacs Super GT | (NEW START TIME ~ 2pm Pst | 10pm Gmt)Open 

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 729 comments
Im sure if you guys had no ballast youd be in the 1:51's easily. Seth isnt that fast because tuning is still a mystery to him on gt6.

Im sure if you guys had no ballast youd be in the 1:51's easily. Seth isnt that fast because tuning is still a mystery to him on gt6.
It's very close to real life tuning other than camber and the fact downforce affects cars in 20mph hairpins.

Ride height, dampers, roll bars and transmission are the confusing areas. What works for one type of race car throws another one a bone. Like lmp to gt300.

Ride height, dampers, roll bars and transmission are the confusing areas. What works for one type of race car throws another one a bone. Like lmp to gt300.
The tuning is universal for all the the cars. The problem is that cars with rear heavy weight distribution, even if it's 49:51, have really really messed up physics. The physics were great for them in GT5 but in GT6 some of the MR's are undriveable. Even if you tune out the oversteer your going to gain a lot of understeer somewhere else.

Lmp's and some gt300/500 are 50/50 and should be close except their weight. The biggest thing imo is that we use ds3 and the screen flickers throw off your consistency. I hope ps4's version of gran turismo fixes silly things like the latter.

Seth said can u guys wait a couple minutes for him?

Edit- nevermind, he thought it was this weekend!

Last edited:
Online Now,Room Up!

1.34.440 PB, Good Times TnT 👍 cough*w/full df*cough

I thought the 250km here would b a very long race, but roughly speaking since I didn't do my usual timed session, I'm guessing race total time around the 1hr 20mins. Not bad for 7 drivers,.

-Cam you still with us to the end?

Last edited:
Cant wait for this season to be over , we need to re spec the cars

Im running low 34s on racing hards with the gtr in another series .

See you guys saturday .

Have you guys had the chance to check out the Kaz Q&A threads? Go check them out. Seth doing low 34's he said! 👍

See you guys saturday .
The HSV is faster than the GTR with more weight in the HSV for me at Fuji.

For some reason I was faster in the base model nissan gtr gt500 than the yellowhat with the same setup. That is by half a second or so. This was a couple months back though.

For some reason I was faster in the base model nissan gtr gt500 than the yellowhat with the same setup. That is by half a second or so. This was a couple months back though.

base models for gtr and lexus are quicker as far as I know

The HSV is faster than the GTR with more weight in the HSV for me at Fuji.

HSV is a headache to spec my friends have dropped it from their series for the meanwhile

base models for gtr and lexus are quicker as far as I know

HSV is a headache to spec my friends have dropped it from their series for the meanwhile
HSV is a dream to drive for me, I Love my HSV. As far I'm concerned this car feels like and F1 version of a GT car.

See you guys saturday .
Imo I would run HSV & SC430 with Eng 3 but the same kg as their at now. The GTR I would leave stock Eng & Kg. But I would keep the 20kg on the HSV because atleast the way it drives for me the HSV is the best handling car compared to the others and I cam stomp the throttle harder and sooner than the other chassis too but the HSV really lacks that top speed and that's when I believe the Eng 3 would be a perfect fit. I know a or the turbo is supposed to help performance but when I bolt on any turbo small, medium, or large I can't feel a thing and they don't advance my lap times at all. Even if we allow turbos I usually don't end up using them anyways. Atleast with the eng 3 I can see and feel my new performance with the extra revs.

I like the base models. I like running my own colors. :)
I'm down for racing all base models too! Small things like paint & number I don't really care about anymore,. 👍
Tbh I'm just glad we got our track updates, and I feel this last patch finally fixed the game to a level which we can compete on a GT5 level again :)

Last edited:
HSV is a dream to drive for me, I Love my HSV. As far I'm concerned this car feels like and F1 version of a GT car.

I might switch chassis next season. :)
I agree with SkengD on dropping it from the lineup. Altleast untill we get some newer GT500 cars.

I might switch chassis next season. :)
I agree with SkengD on dropping it from the lineup. Altleast untill we get some newer GT500 cars.
Joe unlike this!

I Love my HSV, I don't understand what the problem is with the HSV. Some of us say it's faster, and some of us say its slower. Which one is it? I personally think the GTR & SC are right on par with each other the way the regs stand now. I even think the HSV is fine where it is (+20kg) but could use the Eng 3 but I would drive the HSV chassis with or without Eng 3 and be just happy. I'm duking it out on track and I haven't even ran less than full DF yet, if I feel I really need more mph I will just shave off 5 to 10 pts and boom!

Sorry guys, I just don't get it about the HSV debate or than the car can use some mph?

Joe unlike this!

I Love my HSV, I don't understand what the problem is with the HSV. Some of us say it's faster, and some of us say its slower. Which one is it? I personally think the GTR & SC are right on par with each other the way the regs stand now. I even think the HSV is fine where it is (+20kg) but could use the Eng 3 but I would drive the HSV chassis with or without Eng 3 and be just happy. I'm duking it out on track and I haven't even ran less than full DF yet, if I feel I really need more mph I will just shave off 5 to 10 pts and boom!

Sorry guys, I just don't get it about the HSV debate or than the car can use some mph?
I just feel it's a bit harder to tune for me is all. I don't dislike the car, I just need help tuning the turd lol.

Back