S2 | Autobacs Super GT | (NEW START TIME ~ 2pm Pst | 10pm Gmt)Open 

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 729 comments
We shouldn't use real grip reduction at brands hatch since it's a complete joke of a setting.
Was just thinking that earlier today. Ran last night for a good 45 minutes in some lower powered cars, and its nearly insta-spin touching any wheel on the grass. Thats much too sensitive.

Imo, its not 'real'. Just gt's room setting calls it real, but that doesn't make it realistic. Just like its not real to have traction control mandatory when you go off track. Theres things about this game that are far from real. Some exaggerated grass effects is one of them imo. But thats just my take.

The issues of spinning when you hit the gass is to do with the diff and forces acting upon the car
The wheel on grass has lower grip so spins ups due less resistance.
The difference in speed locks the diff
Now if your lucky and your going straight it's not a problem a locked diff In a straight line
But if your on an angle the diff will then unlock and lock if both wheels go on the grass causing you to spin
Or on the reentry to the track the grass wheel again lock and unlock
In terms of force 30 bhp is decent amount
The force from the wheels and the moments of force around the centre point of the car is enough to spin quickly.
It is realistic as I've seen cars do the same on my local track

The issues of spinning when you hit the gass is to do with the diff and forces acting upon the car
The wheel on grass has lower grip so spins ups due less resistance.
The difference in speed locks the diff
Now if your lucky and your going straight it's not a problem a locked diff In a straight line
But if your on an angle the diff will then unlock and lock if both wheels go on the grass causing you to spin
Or on the reentry to the track the grass wheel again lock and unlock
In terms of force 30 bhp is decent amount
The force from the wheels and the moments of force around the centre point of the car is enough to spin quickly.
It is realistic as I've seen cars do the same on my local track
In real life yes in this game no. Put one tire on a surface outside of the track where traction control is on 10 and put one wheel on the track and see which one spins.

Joe and Zach,
Oz mentioned your series to me online the other night when I was lapping with him at GVS.
Sounds fun! Please let me know if a spot opens up!
Pref: HSV first, then SC430. Don't have a good GT-R tune, yet.

PSN is also: SnowTyres

During preseason there was no complaints.

Plenty of other tracks also have grass. And there's no complaints.

Maybe if you're touching the grass you're pushing too hard

Snow: I believe there's a Raybrig HSV available. Joe will be able to confirm

In real life yes in this game no. Put one tire on a surface outside of the track where traction control is on 10 and put one wheel on the track and see which one spins.
It all depends on how the traction control operates however if your you going to become a grounds keep and mow grass go in straight lines.like I said its the difference of wheel speed on surfaces that make you spin therefore
It's the way your driving. back off slightly and you won't have the problem

There's always things to complain about here. Like all other problems, it's the same for everyone so of you push to hard and put a tyre on the track, you only have yourself to blame.

Joe and Zach,
Oz mentioned your series to me online the other night when I was lapping with him at GVS.
Sounds fun! Please let me know if a spot opens up!
Pref: HSV first, then SC430. Don't have a good GT-R tune, yet.

PSN is also: SnowTyres

Doing points today, while I have the spread sheets open ill add you onto the drivers list! 👍

During preseason there was no complaints.

Plenty of other tracks also have grass. And there's no complaints.

Maybe if you're touching the grass you're pushing too hard

Snow: I believe there's a Raybrig HSV available. Joe will be able to confirm
No. Side by side racing you might hit the grass from being bumped or trying to give room. Then youll spin. Thats how it works. You should have experience watching races at this track as its in your region, cars put two wheels on the grass often and they can hold their car. Gt just sends you 'round. No one is telling you to change it. Just saying the grass grip is wrong, and someone will get caught out.

Everyone is simply saying keep off grass but everyone agrees the real setting for grip reduction isn't real right? Which it's obviously not.

Everyone is simply saying keep off grass but everyone agrees the real setting for grip reduction isn't real right? Which it's obviously not.
I have no idea weather it is right or not, but this is a video game so what does it really matter?

No. Side by side racing you might hit the grass from being bumped or trying to give room. Then youll spin. Thats how it works. You should have experience watching races at this track as its in your region, cars put two wheels on the grass often and they can hold their car. Gt just sends you 'round. No one is telling you to change it. Just saying the grass grip is wrong, and someone will get caught out.
Most cars I see go round there rarely go off the due the following
The type of cars. Brands has a lot of high value cars race each year so people race but the racing is more cautious in real life due to fear factors.
And finally the tracks wide and good fun I've been round there once you have to be seriously pushing it to go off
Those that go off have often made a mistake on entry rather than exit
And oz is alien quick anyway so can afford to slow down

Most cars I see go round there rarely go off the due the following
The type of cars. Brands has a lot of high value cars race each year so people race but the racing is more cautious in real life due to fear factors.
And finally the tracks wide and good fun I've been round there once you have to be seriously pushing it to go off
Those that go off have often made a mistake on entry rather than exit
And oz is alien quick anyway so can afford to slow down

And pit whenever he likes too'

Just something I noticed testing for another league, has anyone ventured into the grass on the "glitch" tires? I was testing at apricot and noticed the car was very saveable on the "glitch" or second set of tires. Maybe the second and subsequent sets of tires aren't glitched, but the first set is?

Not sure about the glitch tires on grass but I can tell you without a doubt the tire glitch affects every car differently.

Seems i had the glitched tires figured out at GvS

Podium would be nice at brands with all this heavy ballast

The only thing I know for sure is the HSV only looses a second on glitched softs and mediums where the GTR looses 2 seconds on softs and 2 seconds on mediums.

Back