S2 | FIA GT1 Blancpain Irl Series | Closed!!!Finished 

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 362 comments
Hi Joe,

I have had to pull out of the race and the series due to what I consider to be an unreasonably late call to punish my apparent fast pace. I think it's unfair to punish a driver just because he or she may be a little bit faster than some others.
It's rare to collect together a group of drivers who are all so similarly paced and so there will almost always be people who are faster than others, and people who, through implication, are slower.
If I'd got to run a race before I was I punished, then I would of course deem that to be fair under success ballast rules etc, but to be told only a few minutes before the race is due to start that if I'm to race I must take a weight penalty, I feel is very unreasonable and, in truth, quite disorganised as well.
Being told about the penalty so late in the day gave me no time to work on strategy, as obviously I'd been practising at the advertised weight for the car, and had worked out my tyre and fuel strategy based on this weight. I'd run only a few laps at the higher weight when I saw your message to ozwheel, which is why I asked about the weight when I did.
I was told in a lobby that anyone able to lap under 2:01 was to incur the weight penalty, but I've seen no mention of this threshold in the rules. If you're going to make rule changes then they should be made clear to everyone, and in good time.

Anyway, good luck with your series, and I'll see you at Brands :cheers:

It's 11 post back. It was implimented a few days ago. I would end up with it also in the SLS if I could have gotten it out of the 2:01.2 that I pulled.

Hi Joe,

I have had to pull out of the race and the series due to what I consider to be an unreasonably late call to punish my apparent fast pace. I think it's unfair to punish a driver just because he or she may be a little bit faster than some others.
It's rare to collect together a group of drivers who are all so similarly paced and so there will almost always be people who are faster than others, and people who, through implication, are slower.
If I'd got to run a race before I was I punished, then I would of course deem that to be fair under success ballast rules etc, but to be told only a few minutes before the race is due to start that if I'm to race I must take a weight penalty, I feel is very unreasonable and, in truth, quite disorganized as well.
Being told about the penalty so late in the day gave me no time to work on strategy, as obviously I'd been practicing at the advertised weight for the car, and had worked out my tyre and fuel strategy based on this weight. I'd run only a few laps at the higher weight when I saw your message to ozwheel, which is why I asked about the weight when I did.
I was told in a lobby that anyone able to lap under 2:01 was to incur the weight penalty, but I've seen no mention of this threshold in the rules. If you're going to make rule changes then they should be made clear to everyone, and in good time.

Anyway, good luck with your series, and I'll see you at Brands :cheers:
I understand your argument completely!

Just recently we had comments on trying to even the grid so I found this Break out rule from the irl Bathurst 12H race, but like you I had no time to find a good implementing system to apply it the fast drivers. Honestly we should of just applied it to the next race would of been a better idea. If we had qualifying beforehand this would be easy because if you broke out in qualifying (which is how its done irl) we would know ahead of time. Overall no matter what I do somebody wont be happy, or will complain one way or the other so I just try to make due. Hadn't this been my 1st set of racing this new game is why everything is unorganized at the moment but by round 3 to 4 everything will be in place in the quality of this series will start to show. Maybe down the road once we get everything situated you might want to give this series a shot again. 👍

I do have to say tho with the Break Out Rule in play today everyone's fast lap was within the same time barrier (2.01.xxx) as I will show once I export the pics from today's race and post them on this op.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I must say I don't know why I'm so bad at this game, haha! I only once broke into the 2:06s, and I had a couple hours' practice yesterday and obviously today was about an hour and a half of lapping. I know I lost some time at Griffin's Bend and the turns 3 and 4 combo, but not 7 seconds' worth, which is how far off the leader's pace I was every lap. Maybe some was lost at the top of the mountain. Oh well. There's always next race.

I must say I don't know why I'm so bad at this game, haha! I only once broke into the 2:06s, and I had a couple hours' practice yesterday and obviously today was about an hour and a half of lapping. I know I lost some time at Griffin's Bend and the turns 3 and 4 combo, but not 7 seconds' worth, which is how far off the leader's pace I was every lap. Maybe some was lost at the top of the mountain. Oh well. There's always next race.

-Tati we need to get you in a room with Tyson, Oz, and me more often during the week. i'm sure all 4 of us get to the bottom of it! :sly:👍

Actually, I think I just got to the bottom of some of it. I hopped in the car just now and saw I only had 516 horses. I know for sure that I had 542. I just bought the car before the race, changed the oil, bought a turbo, and tuned it down to 542. No way the power went down that much just over 42 laps. Is there a glitch in GT6 that'll do that? Now I'm running 2:04s with just a bit if tweaking the LSD.

guys just wanted to say it was a pleasure watching the race yesterday. i possibly could have been on the pace however i dont think i was ready for the race distance yet.

TNT and OZ went at it and the last few laps were very exciting! i saw some aggressive but very clean racing and will be ready for the next race!

Actually, I think I just got to the bottom of some of it. I hopped in the car just now and saw I only had 516 horses. I know for sure that I had 542. I just bought the car before the race, changed the oil, bought a turbo, and tuned it down to 542. No way the power went down that much just over 42 laps. Is there a glitch in GT6 that'll do that? Now I'm running 2:04s with just a bit if tweaking the LSD.
well we all know the VLN Nurburg layout, especially even more in the BMW chassis cough*24H Core*cough
guys just wanted to say it was a pleasure watching the race yesterday. i possibly could have been on the pace however i dont think i was ready for the race distance yet.

TNT and OZ went at it and the last few laps were very exciting! i saw some aggressive but very clean racing and will be ready for the next race!

Now you know this series is going to take place know that we did 2 rounds with both rounds having 9 drivers show up, but only 7 driver racing. I know the grid by comparison is still small, but in these endurance irl racing series some times they are only racing 7 to 9 drivers per there field anyways. I know the new USCR is like that so I will race it out even if we have 6. There is no other series per say that is doing this so as long as we on on board and the tread title keeps going up in rounds with the more popular tracks still to come by the Spring time I think we will be back at out 10 to 12 driver avg like last year' 👍

There's Madd time before the next race at Nurburg Type V(VLN) plus we all kind of know that circuit so as long there are no burg haters this round should pan out nicely.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a lighter note the car reg's are looking pretty damn good, I'm sure based off of driver any chassis can definitely win, and with the fast driver carrying their +50kg of ballast this is the closes by lap times race I've been in in this FIA Blancpain Series up to date,.

I might be the dumbest person to ever do an endurance.

i was watching and yelling at the tv!! i almost sent a message but it was not my place to effect the race. that was some of the best racing i have seen for a while gaming or real. you two put on quite a battle!!:cheers:

Hi there Joe long time no see...
Can I join this?

Can someone tell me which car is available?

Can I join this?

Good to have ya here. Joe is away for the weekend. He'll put ya down on the list of drivers.
On the front page there should be a list of drivers and the cars we have chosen. SLS base, Corvette Zr1 and ZO6 are doubled up already. You can choose any car that's left that doesn't have two drivers already. There are quite a few cars left to choose from.

Can I join this?

The next race is in sometime from now, but you are looking at atleast 7 to 9 car race. since that's been our average lately.

Hey Joe, I want to tame the beast...

put me down for the Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12 ;)

Hey Joe, I want to tame the beast...

put me down for the Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12 ;)
We had a guy driving the Oreca R8LMS and was just like you say a beast! Ill put you down, and a grid doesn't look like a FIA grid without an Audi on board. I haven't lap the burg yet, but starting in March I will be posting lap times. For you Gippone since we are racing Type V (vln) and not the full Zurich layout coming in June I think 8.10's or 7.10's is a great target window for now. Slower guys breaking into the 7.20's or 8.20's is what I believe to be a good target from them. Run every lap in the sub 20's and I think you will pull a podium finish out of this race. :sly:👍

I wouldn't hold my breath. They kept the old C5.R around even though the C6.R was out for years. But maybe this time around will be different, since the C7 street model is PD's baby this time around. However, I expect we'd have heard an announcement of some sort by now if we were getting the C7.R. I wish...

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath. They kept the old C5.R around even though the C6.R was out for years. But maybe this time around will be different, since the C6 street model is PD's baby this time around. However, I expect we'd have heard an announcement of some sort by now if we were getting the C7.R. I wish...

I bet Forza will get this chassis in a previous update this year

Tati, you like the Nurburg the ring?!, you racing this 1 with us on Match 29th,? Or just keeping an eye on the tread? :)
I love the 'Ring. And I WAS going to be racing, until my work schedule changed. I'll be working on Saturdays for the next three months. I'm hurting about it. So I'm going to miss Monza and Spa, two other favorites. Also Monaco, Laguna Seca. I should be back after May.

Latest Posts

Back