S2 | FIA GT1 Blancpain Irl Series | Closed!!!Finished 

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 362 comments
thanks joe. i dont have alot of time on gt6 so i have not seen a gt3 spec corvette or ford gt. it would either be one of the corvettes or the sls. i'll look tonight and get back to you.

Yea the Vettes are all gone, but take the SLS package. We had 2 guys when practice races with that chassis' 👍

Almost breaking those 2.01's. getting 2.01's half way thru the track then trowing it away in the elbow turn.

not sure if i'm in you guys league. I could only manage 2:08's last nigth with no tuning. I'll get more track time in the next couple days and see how it goes. i would not want to water down the racing.

not sure if i'm in you guys league. I could only manage 2:08's last nigth with no tuning. I'll get more track time in the next couple days and see how it goes. i would not want to water down the racing.
Usually there are guys all over the place I was doing 2:06s until I started tuing, still race with us mate

gt6 physics are a bit different than gt5 so with more track time and tuning i guess that will help. this was off line testing so that should add even more time to the lap.all that said i'll give it a go sunday!:dopey:

thanks for making me feel welcome rf88!!:bowdown:

Yea real grids are roughly 7 to 12 drivers for their respected classes anyways so we should still have fun without our average 10 to 12 drivers from the 2013 season. The off line testing scares me when you go there 1st vs 2nd after the online setup is done, and then you go to chase the ghost. Running a quick lap is good indeed, but this track inmparticular will be how many mistakes you make type of race, so I will be focusing on not banging walls more that straight out raw pace. To find out how much slip there is online compared to offline would be what I would focus on from now to this Sunday. My woman is leaving all day tomorrow so I will have some group testing rooms up and running, and we were also lucky enough to get more of the MR chassis balanced to the FR prodomiant grid at the moment. Amazingly I was able to get 1 of my old very fast test drivers to run the Nismo GT3 at the current reg's and he boasted the track record for most of the night. He did get beat tho finally after another hour or so of driving other chassis.

-Good Times, the race on TV is going to once again be that much more better, thanks guys! :sly:👍

2013 Liquidly Moly 12H

After Tomorrow's race when we understand the cars even more in detail because no test is good as a real race test, I have a interesting question to ask you guys about the cars that I think I have figured out, and want you guys input plz?

Sunday's Bathurst Time Progression
Time Progression - 17
Start Time 10am - 10pm
Race Distance - 300km
------------------------------------------
:sly:👍

Last edited:
After Tomorrow's race when we understand the cars even more in detail because no test is good as a real race test, I have a interesting question to ask you guys about the cars that I think I have figured out, and want you guys input plz?

Time Progression - 17
Start Time 10am - 10pm
Race Distance - 300km
Interesting time progression, I only say that because the real race runs from 615 am. Should be a good race today though.

Time Progression - 17
Start Time 10am - 10pm
Race Distance - 300km
How many laps is our race Sunday and do you know what tv station the real race is on?

I'm making the switch from the ZR1 to the SLS Joe. If it's ok? Being neither one of the two guys that are driving one showed up for the Daytona Road race in one. :-)

I'm making the switch from the ZR1 to the SLS Joe. If it's ok? Being neither one of the two guys that are driving one showed up for the Daytona Road race in one. :-)

Sure thing I'll edit the op. A couple of guys will switch around at 1st; until the regs are perfect and drivers really figure with chassis they want to represent. That takes some time sometimes so its all good. But that also means oz can do his switch too tho,.

I don't mind you guys switching around at 1st because this is more of a spot series in the end, plus the more chassis you guys drive the more I find out the reg's are good, or I find out which cars need minor adjustments. The Audi's for sure are at 532hp/1350kg after further testing of the much needed MR chassis. For this particular round at Bathurst they broke all track records at the 542hp/1300kg reg. Also I had 1 of the fastest guys I know show that the Nismo GT3 is on point with the pack too, with Veloci holding the track record 80% of the night in a Nismo GT3 around Bathurst. Finally it was taken out by 1 of the Audi R8LMS, but not the Oreca model.

Is ZR1 spot open again? If it is, can I take it?
Welcome New Team-mate, I'll see you on track tomorrow! 👍 I'm on the barrier of the 2.01's, but I had a fast guy (Veloci) lap my car around Bathurst, and now I know 2.00.xxx's are possible in the ZR-1 even tho I wont hit them without a draft pull around here. Anyways I don't care the turn out tomorrow I'm super ready and we are racing the full 300km's; I'll be back with the exact lap count fellas!

Important News
''Break Out Rule''
Now in effect!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We cant run success ballast due to the chassis & kg reg's, so we are going to adopt the "break out rule" Pretty much if you if you break out of a time that 80% of the drivers cant hit then you will have to take on 50kg of success, except for the Chevy chassis. The Chevy chassis will take a hp reducement that's still being under scrutiny for the exact match of 50kg of success. If the Chevy's cant once again keep up with the straight line hi trap speed pack after this race then we will weigh them in at 542hp but that will be the absolute limit for the Chevy chassis. The 'break out rule' will take away -20hp which is very close to +50kg of success ballast. This is in regards to some fast guys complaints I took on over the last 2 weeks of deliberating with a couple of drivers.

-Thank You
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mount Panorama = 6.213km | 48 Laps (300km)
Room Open Feb 9th, 12pm Pst | 8pm Gmt
Time Progression = 17

Last edited:
Important News
''Break Out Rule''
Now in effect!
We cant run success ballast due to the chassis & kg reg's, so we are going to adopt the "break out rule" Pretty much if you if you break out of a time that 80% of the drivers cant hit then you will have to take on 50kg of success, except for the Chevy chassis. The Chevy chassis will take a hp reducement that's still being under scrutiny for the exact match of 50kg of success. If the Chevy's cant once again keep up with the straight line hi trap speed pack after this race then we will weigh them in at 542hp but that will be the absolute limit for the Chevy chassis. The 'break out rule' will take away -20hp which is very close to +50kg of success ballast. This is in regards to some fast guys complaints I took on over the last 2 weeks of deliberating with a couple of drivers.

-Thank You
Mount Panorama = 6.213km | 48 Laps (300km)
Room Open Feb 9th, 12pm Pst | 8pm Gmt
Time Progression = 17
So I can change to a M3 if I want?

I believe so Oz. If Joe doesn't mind. :)

I don't mind, its a new game and he will get the chance to exposes more chassis like Veloci did with the Nismo GT3 the other day. I'll tell ya all; that car can win races given the right driver and opportunity,.'

Joe, you've got on the OP that the M3 is 542/1300kg btw not 1350kg. Which one is correct please mate?

Also, Joe, I've just sent you an FR, seeing as the race will be hosted in a private lobby :)

Last edited:
Joe, you've got on the OP that the M3 is 542/1300kg btw not 1350kg. Which one is correct please mate?

Also, Joe, I've just sent you an FR, seeing as the race will be hosted in a private lobby :)

542hp/1300kg - BMW

542hp/1350kg is ozwheels break out success ballast. I'll add the new "break out" kg category to the spreadsheet after Rd 2 tomorrow. This will help with confusion in the long run. I'm still in the mist of ways of keeping the pack tight without using accumulative success ballast on these chassis which is near impossible because of the cars overall reg's. The Break out rule I found reviewing several irl series that use it like the Liquid Moly tape did on the Ferrari chassis in the post right above this 1^

I'll have a room up in 1hr from now

Room open now, checking time progression setting should be dark right before the official start, if not I will know the adjustment' 👍
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friends Only Room, so you have not sent me a FR then send 1 now and I will accept it!

Last edited:
Hi Joe,

I have had to pull out of the race and the series due to what I consider to be an unreasonably late call to punish my apparent fast pace. I think it's unfair to punish a driver just because he or she may be a little bit faster than some others.
It's rare to collect together a group of drivers who are all so similarly paced and so there will almost always be people who are faster than others, and people who, through implication, are slower.
If I'd got to run a race before I was I punished, then I would of course deem that to be fair under success ballast rules etc, but to be told only a few minutes before the race is due to start that if I'm to race I must take a weight penalty, I feel is very unreasonable and, in truth, quite disorganised as well.
Being told about the penalty so late in the day gave me no time to work on strategy, as obviously I'd been practising at the advertised weight for the car, and had worked out my tyre and fuel strategy based on this weight. I'd run only a few laps at the higher weight when I saw your message to ozwheel, which is why I asked about the weight when I did.
I was told in a lobby that anyone able to lap under 2:01 was to incur the weight penalty, but I've seen no mention of this threshold in the rules. If you're going to make rule changes then they should be made clear to everyone, and in good time.

Anyway, good luck with your series, and I'll see you at Brands :cheers:

Back