S2 | FIA GT1 Blancpain Irl Series | Closed!!!Finished 

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 362 comments
It will be nice to have equal hp for chevy and Audi,s. my problem is the weight on the oreca R8.. Still, with some good setup work I should be able to fight for victory with the car

Had a blast on the 4 - 5 laps, I kept it clean! It's just that after a crash like that.. and so few competitors there really isn't a point to me doing seemingly endless rounds by myself. Next race should be interesting! I picked a random set up from GTplanet for the R8 and it seems to work!

Great guys the 1st is always the hardest 1 of them all. We have sometime before Bathurst, and Bathurst breads give ''n'' take. I suggest we respected the ''Front Fender Rule'' at the next round.

The tire glitch is real so we will have to work that into or pit strategy which will give it a twist now that I understand it more.

The Break Down:

I pitted and came out before the leaders on purpose to see how my 2nd stint tires would fend against old used rubber on the leaders. They still caught me and gobbled me up, but I was able to hang with them with my slower lap time tires to a point. The tires fall off pace (at least 2s) 2nd stint so I personally will set up my pit strategy to were I pit when my 2nd stint slower time tires are matching the pace of the used 1st stint tire guys. We could actually work this glitch into our favor.

I will update points, and post some pics later on today when I return home from work! 👍

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, I had a few people over Sunday night for Australia Day and didn't get up until about lunch Monday so I missed out :( and thanks for organising the times for us aussies joe! Should help at least me and hopefully Dave make the races on time!
But I'm geared up and ready for Bathurst and have been putting countless laps in of practice, so hopefully I can come in fighting unlike last year!

It will be nice to have equal hp for chevy and Audi,s. my problem is the weight on the oreca R8.. Still, with some good setup work I should be able to fight for victory with the car

Right now, you and ozwheels are looking like the front runners at the moment so the safest beat is for you guys to run 1350kg (which I don't think will cost you positions on tracks based of you guys natural speeds as it is) and if you guys get nerfed then we can take away at least the 10kg. If you feel like it's still too much of you performance being robbed I guess then there are other Audi's still at 1300kg that you guys can drive, but I would actually like to get us in a room 1 of these weekends coming up and get the rest of the MR balanced to the pack. Also I'm going to bring the whole fields hp down at least 10hp so you MR guys can achieve your hp without running turbo's. I'm still waiting to see the performance difference from the anniversary models compared to the base models, because I think instead of giving them their own reg's it would be easier for all cars to run eng mod 3 which that seems to be the only difference between the anniversaries and the base models. I apologizes for not knowing all these facts early on, but its a new game and I as far as I know am the only 1 attempting to run the Americans & anniversaries combined but damn the grid looks way better with all those different chassis then running only the new 5 chassis only.

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, I had a few people over Sunday night for Australia Day and didn't get up until about lunch Monday so I missed out :( and thanks for organising the times for us aussies joe! Should help at least me and hopefully Dave make the races on time!
But I'm geared up and ready for Bathurst and have been putting countless laps in of practice, so hopefully I can come in fighting unlike last year!

Bathurst is going to be whoever knows the track the best and who has a setup for it, because Bathurst requires not only a special setup, but a special transmission to go with it. Ill clock my minimum 300km of practice this week, and every other week until race day so I can start to be competitive. As of right now I'm driving around like a police car following drivers and chatting with drivers until we get the ball rolling, but once its done its done!

@JoRdY105 did some on say Australia Day
image.jpg

anyone practicing tonight? I need to gain at least a second so if anyone is on I'd be happy to start room I'm usually home around 12:40 EST

me too
EDIT: Room Comment is: practicing 4 blancpain
if anyone wants to join me for some practice

UPDATE: So close to that 2:03 but when I'm on a perfect lap I mess up somewhere in the last 2 turns grrrr

Last edited:
So I had the Bathurst date right then made it wrong so the actual date is Feb 9th. I'll re configure the op's dates again. Sorry guys glad I caught it early on,..

Ok so there where no tracks in march that we could simulate using GT6, but I did find out the VLN Endurance race is March 29th, while the ADAC Zurich 24HR Nurburg race was the one that was pushed back to June 2014. Anyways after this Bathurst round there will be a long break until the VLN Nurburg Type V Rd at the end of March so there will be that much needed tune time to get ready for the beast! :sly:👍

Updating points tonight!

Last edited:
Hey. I hope you don't mind another racer joining the series as I'd like to put my name down for a spot if that's ok. Seems like you have a lot of drivers already so looks like a cool series to race in.

PSN: aboe_83
Car choice: BMW M3 GT (ideally, if there's a dropout etc); otherwise the BMW Z4 GT3.

Cheers :)

Hey. I hope you don't mind another racer joining the series as I'd like to put my name down for a spot if that's ok. Seems like you have a lot of drivers already so looks like a cool series to race in.

PSN: aboe_83
Car choice: BMW M3 GT (ideally, if there's a dropout etc); otherwise the BMW Z4 GT3.

Cheers :)

Where getting there, but mostly appealing is seeing all the current 2014 GT3 cars on gird from anniversaries to base models to factory models. Now that I clocked my 1st GP circuit race, I'm sold these cars simply just look the part!

I'll get you all signed up for the next round' 👍

Yeh I raced in a team endurance race at Bathurst recently in the M3 GT and I agree, they do look good.

Cant believe I have been practicing so long at night to the point were I haven't updated the points yet,, Anyways I promise they are going up Tomorrow Night'

-On a lighter note I'm running 2.02's at the moment after only 1 test session. I've seen 2.00's here in the FIA GT cars so I know they are possible but I'm not hitting them without a draft pull around this place. Also before I go; the 2014 Tudors Rolex 24H footage is finally up on YouTube for those of you who actually watch them as we race. That 1st Rd of ours made watching it all the much more better!,... ;)

One question: what, if any, performance modifications are allowed on the cars? (I have checked the links to the cars but it takes me to a photo of the series' banner, I haven't been able to find the car regs on there).

:cheers:

FIA GT3 Car List & Hp/Kg: v2

2 Audi's (Bilstein & Playstation) 532hp/1300kg
2 Audi's (Oreca & LMS Ultra) 532hp/1350kg
2 Audi's (Anniversary) 532hp/1300kg
2 BMW GT3 (Z4) 542hp/1350kg
2 BMW GT3 (M3) 542hp/1300kg
2 Nissan GT3 (Zurich Models) 601hp/1350kg
2 Nissan GT3 (Base Models) 601hp/1350kg
2 Nissan GT3 (Anniversary) 601hp/1350kg
2 Benz SLS AMG GT3 (2 Anniversary's) 541hp/1350kg
2 Benz SLS AMG GT3 (Base Models) 541hp/1350kg
2 Ford GT40 (White) 532hp/1350kg
2 Ford GT40 (Black) 532hp/1365kg
2 Chevy Vette GT3 (ZR-1) 532hp/1300kg
2 Chevy Vette GT3 (Zo6) 532hp/1290kg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some low turbo's are needed to reach the 542hp, like the BMW's for example but others not need it. Also I don't have time to check everyone's replay to see if they are cheating are not (running eng mods & turbo's) except for the normal room reg checks
so when I get some free time I will see about just running Eng 3 Mod on all cars since that is what some of us are believing is the only difference between anniversary models & base models. I've done all the reging with my drivers that I was able to construct, and only a couple of guys showed to the actually Winner testing, so with that being said these 1st couple of rounds are the test session. Its a new game with new chassis, and full on racing will be the link. As is now the reg's are very close so it will only be a chassis or 2, and a minor reg change that will be needed. The most important thing for me to finish the final reg's will be for drivers to stay in their chassis and not swap around from car to car,....

I would like to reg the driver to the car since there is no success ballast in this series if that is possible'
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013 Liquid Moly Bathurst 12HR Highlights

Last edited:
I can post the Daytona's for the guys who hook up their Computers to the TV?

-Edit: Op Updated!!! 👍

Last edited:
Bathurst FP1 2'02'xxx - Chevy ZR-1

-Edit: Looks like Kaz & the Nismo Team are going to take the mountain at Bathurst with their Nismo GT3 chassis. Cant wait till the taps hit Youtube!!!

Last edited:
i love the gt3 cars and see that bathurst is coming up on the 9th. i would like to participate if its not too late. is that possible?

I love the gt3 cars and see that Bathurst is coming up on the 9th. I would like to participate if its not too late. is that possible?

Yea that good, we are in the early stages of getting this thing rolling. The More the Merry! 👍 Let me know which car you want to register for so I can get to added to the spreadsheets?,.

thanks joe. i dont have alot of time on gt6 so i have not seen a gt3 spec corvette or ford gt. it would either be one of the corvettes or the sls. i'll look tonight and get back to you.

Latest Posts

Back