S2 | FIA GT1 Blancpain Irl Series | Closed!!!Finished 

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 362 comments
Ok after my 2nd test day with the GT3 cars I have my 1st of reg adjustments coming in. Pretty much the Vette is the fastest car on grid so we are up tuning the pack to the speeds of the Vette since it can't really be slowed down. We have the SLS, BMW's, GT40's on pace with the Vette with these new reg's. the Nissan GT3 is a track dependent chassis so here at Brands Hatch we can't even get it to speed with any other chassis. But at some of the other tracks we were able to get the GT3 Nismo on pace with the others cars so,..

Anyways our new upgraded reg's
  1. SLS AMG GT3 1350kg/542hp (we ran as high as 571hp and I would allow it if a slow driver picks this chassis, fast guys 542hp)
  2. BMW M3 GT 1350kg/542hp (2nd best car, can be ran between 1300kg to 1350kg depending on driver)
  3. BMW Z4 GT 1300kg/532hp ((denpending on driver 2nd fast best car on grid) still need to check oil change on this car for more hp, but don't think it needs it) can't drive the Audi but want a MR feel drive this 1!
  4. Chevy Zo6/ZR-1 1290/1300kg/512hp (1 of fastest cars on grid the pace setter in our eyes)
  5. Ford GT40 502hp/1365kg (1 of the fastest cars on grid if the rear end kick out gets dialed out of the chassis)
  6. Nissan GT3 1350kg/571hp to 591hp ( this car at least here at Brands Hatch wasn't even competitive!, we ran as high as 591hp and still secs of pace)
  7. Audi's R8LMS 1300kg/542hp (this car is still (pending testing!!!) due to the fact we still need a good setup still, but at this point here's the hp & kg for now)

Test resumes tomorrow night, Wednesday, and Thursday night. After Thursday my reg adjustments will be over and I will submit what I got for Sarurdays winter testing rd #1.

Note: I still haven't tried anyone else's reg's just yet, I just made adjustments to mines but we will be testing them all out this Saturday coming up in our other series. We will car pick this Sunday asmon schedule so I hope you guys are able to get laps in using all the available chassis and seeing what is needed in each 1 for you to be competitive. I know it's hard with so many different reg's availablef at the moment but I would get use the car that feels the best getting around the track. We will make sure the cars are all equal weeks before the Irl Daytona Race arrives' 👍 Also coming up this week is how much penalty that will be needed for the Anniversary models to be on equal terms with their no Anniversary counterparts. I believe I'm the only series allowing this many chassis on grid for there 1st time out with GT6 so bare with me guys there may be micro adjustments made thru out the season to ensure proper Car reging, and a lot of the times proper reging comes after racing full races.

I will have the driver sign up and car selection order up and running on the op main page by tomorrow night fellas. I can expect to have the car pic photos on the op by this Saturday before we pick our chassis,..

Last edited:
Cars are so heavy! The Z4 isn't too fast with stock weight and power after oil. The same with the SLS with stock power. The GTR gets 600+hp after oil changing, it needs it. It will be competitive at places with lots of straights. The R8 needs 550+ hp after oil and a unique setup. The Ford doesnt need 500hp. You make it too fast then other cars have no chance to be competitive. I would recommend ~480hp 1300kg. The Vette should be good at 520hp 1250-1280kg no upgrades. Testing cars at Brands Hatch isnt the best imo. The track is rather short and not long enough straights. Silverstone and Nurburgring GP/F are more nuetral.

I know your having a Car Selection this Weekend. We should have all the people in the series, do a few Qualifying laps with a selected car. Then we can determine who gets what car by their Qualifying times. Some Drivers are faster then others. You give a fast driver a Vette. Well, there's not telling what the series will turn into. I have the Zr1. I believe my Fastest time at Daytona was a 1:49 xxx. I really don't know how fast that compares to everyone else in this series. I ran on a few different times of the day as well. No % of water was on the track. It's tough, the Vette is a great car. I'm sure you guys are a lot faster then me. Just an idea with the Qualifying Laps

I know your having a Car Selection this Weekend. We should have all the people in the series, do a few Qualifying laps with a selected car. Then we can determine who gets what car by their Qualifying times. Some Drivers are faster then others. You give a fast driver a Vette. Well, there's not telling what the series will turn into. I have the Zr1. I believe my Fastest time at Daytona was a 1:49 xxx. I really don't know how fast that compares to everyone else in this series. I ran on a few different times of the day as well. No % of water was on the track. It's tough, the Vette is a great car. I'm sure you guys are a lot faster then me. Just an idea with the Qualifying Laps

Sounds like a good idea for us to run this Sunday, I will have a room up this Sunday starting @ 1pm Pst | 9pm Gmt. I'm not sure the qualifying times will work out since the top guys are going to want to pick the cars they want since they raced the whole year in put the time in!

Last edited:
Cars are so heavy! The Z4 isn't too fast with stock weight and power after oil. The same with the SLS with stock power. The GTR gets 600+hp after oil changing, it needs it. It will be competitive at places with lots of straights. The R8 needs 550+ hp after oil and a unique setup. The Ford doesnt need 500hp. You make it too fast then other cars have no chance to be competitive. I would recommend ~480hp 1300kg. The Vette should be good at 520hp 1250-1280kg no upgrades. Testing cars at Brands Hatch isnt the best imo. The track is rather short and not long enough straights. Silverstone and Nurburgring GP/F are more nuetral.

Yea I'm waiting to after the Apricot round to pick the final reg's, unless guys are not tripping then I would like to wait till after the Silverstone round to pick cars. But if we run this Sunday then we can try out your reg's and mine this week. I know you don't like the heavy reg's and trust me I'm trying to lighten them up as much as I can, but the problem is the SLS & Nismo. They have to be at 1350kg and if we go down on the kg too much those cars won't be able to compete. Right now the Vette & GT40 are the cars too beat and I have them maxed out ballast wise and they still run the fastest laps In their current state. I would be willing to run less kg on the GT40 plus the less hp, but the car would have to match the exact speeds of the reg's I have for them currently. Anything faster then what I got posted for the Vette & GT40 then the SLS & Nismo GT3 will be even further off pace. What chassis are you trying to run anyways? Right now I got the Z4 down on the kg, and I'm working on the M3 GT. Because of the pace of the GT40 & Vette the Bimmers could weigh in at 1300kg instead of the 1350kg I started them with initially and they would match the lap times of the Vette & GT40 on the dot but then again we would have to continue to up the hp on the two heavy 1350kg cars, and eventually we will have major different top mph #'s

If youre running stock without tune that might cause problems in the balance. I know I have all these cars and theres no way the vette is the best. It might be easiest to drive because FR layouts are more stable and predictable. But imo the SLS, Ford, M3 and Z4 are faster.

If youre running stock without tune that might cause problems in the balance. I know I have all these cars and theres no way the vette is the best. It might be easiest to drive because FR layouts are more stable and predictable. But imo the SLS, Ford, M3 and Z4 are faster.

Great I like that to be the fact tbh. Everyone is zeroing in on the Vettes being the car to beat!

What's up everyone. I woke up to, 10 Inches of snow this morning! Is the car selection this Saturday or Sunday. I guess it's a good thing that most of the cars are somewhat equal. Each car, does have it's own kind to where it's better then the other car. For the most part. There's tracks where certain cars will take over. Certain tracks are built for certain cars. I think your doing a good job Joe. It's tough trying to get each car perfect for every track. Though, like i said some cars will be better then others. That's just the science of the engine in most cars for this series. Most people will take what car they want by the favorite to what car they like. Well see you all Saturday or Sunday

I'm thinking since we are going to run on Sunday and get use to everyone we should leave car selection to Momday in case after Sundays Daytoma Test guys want to do some last min private driving of the chassis before we pick.

I have about 5 hrs of GT driving to do tomorrow so I will back log both op's and the Blancpain convo tread and prepare the car selection order. Pretty much its based of the points page that is presented on the main page but ill have a more through one tomorrow'

I won
I'm thinking since we are going to run on Sunday and get use to everyone we should leave car selection to Momday in case after Sundays Daytoma Test guys want to do some last min private driving of the chassis before we pick.

I have about 5 hrs of GT driving to do tomorrow so I will back log both op's and the Blancpain convo tread and prepare the car selection order. Pretty much its based of the points page that is presented on the main page but ill have a more through one tomorrow'
I wont be able to jump on with you guys as my internet isn't connected yet unfortunately :(
Moving house has it's downfalls!

Last edited:
I'm still going to open a room but the epic 2nd coldest Green Bay game is airing today.

At this point can we make a list of who is going to show? Ill put down the guys I know. Seems everyone might need a day so we will bump car selection back till tomorrow 2pm Pst | 10pm Gmt. I had a 3 hr Vln enduro, and Autobacs test session right after and know Blancpain test session coming up now so I hadn't had time to create the car selection list or modify the op'

1. JoeTruckV8
2. Ozwheels
3. TnT-2000

It might be hard for me to show up for the Session. I'm getting ready for the 4 40 game.Willfred, and i are Teammates. Whatever car he picks. That's the car we'll be running. I'll try and make it. Right now i tested the Audi R8 Corvette ZR1 and the SLS. I'll try to make it though.

It might be hard for me to show up for the Session. I'm getting ready for the 4 40 game.Willfred, and i are Teammates. Whatever car he picks. That's the car we'll be running. I'll try and make it. Right now i tested the Audi R8 Corvette ZR1 and the SLS. I'll try to make it though.

No worries 👍

Room is up now
Blancpain at Daytona Road

Sounds good. I'm picking my own car. So selection is, 5 30 my time est. Also, i'm looking to partner up with someone or if some wanted to join later on. Just get a hold of me

I'm gonna be driving to school when the car selection goes up so it will be 6ish before I can pick but I will definitely pick today.

Car Selection Pick Order
Due to guys not paying attn to the forums at the moment it would be very complicated to wait until all the previous drivers are located and their picks are in so we are going to go by a seniority bases. Pretty much anyone can pick what car they want ahead of another guy, but if the driver who's selection has more seniority then that driver will be able to take a chassis that was already taken beforehand. If the higher seniority driver does not show for the 1 round then all the drivers who do show will have 1st priority or seniority to which ever cars they choose ahead of another driver who previously had seniority over them.
1. JoeTruckV8 (Chevy ZR-1)
2. TnT (Chevy ZR-1)
3. Jordy (SLS AMG Anniversary)
4. Plux
5. Dave
6. Trust
7. Willfred
8. Racefan (SLS AMG Base)
9. Calum
10. Higher
11. Stallio (BMW M3 GT)
12. Oz (BMW Z4 GT3)
13. Tati
14. Ninners
15. Kado (Ford GT Black)
16. Freak (Chevy Z06)
17. Baz (Chevy Z06)
18. GTPvw slc
19. GTPL_Plotnik

Last edited:
Nice write up Joe! Hopefully everything works out well without too many hiccups/arguments!

I'd still really like to take one of the Anniversary SLS' if I could please! Thankyou

This mix of GT3 cars is going to make it so much more interesting! So keen to see a good size grid!!

I know I am totally guilty of not always checking the post, but with all the reg discussion it is very confusing to follow. Is there anyway you could like post what the current regs will be so I can start some proper testing?

Back