Samsung QLED Car Pack

Is the DLC pack available now because the cars are showing up ingame. I thought next Tuesday was the release date.
Yeah, it's available now. They might have released it early to go along with the big patch they also pushed out, since making people do two big updates a few days apart would be really annoying.

Big patch, but with the cars and the Auction House I suppose it isn’t too bad.

I had some issue with the Giulia and braking distances as they seemed somewhat marginal with the braking line. Maybe it is just too fast.

Did a Free Play on the non-race cars. Will try the others later maybe. I was interested to note they weren’t “homolgated” as the Giulia comes in at the bottom of it class pretty much.

FM6's DLC had a bunch of Aussie cars and as we ended up learning at E3, FH3 took place in Australia... If we keep getting offroaders as DLC, could it hint at FH4 taking place in say, Mexico, home of Baja?

Baja California and Mexico, that'd be fun.

With the pack being labelled Samsung QLED Pack this is sponsored by Samsung meaning T10 already made Money with it.
2 Cars are ok but overall disappointing. Especially with the Samsung sponsoring it should be free

Samsung is Microsoft's official 4K partner. The name — like every other pack — is there for exposure. Not to pay for packs for the players.

Is the DLC pack available now because the cars are showing up ingame. I thought next Tuesday was the release date.

It is, but folks with the Deluxe or Ultimate Editions get access now.

Samsung is Microsoft's official 4K partner. The name — like every other pack — is there for exposure. Not to pay for packs for the players.

It is, but folks with the Deluxe or Ultimate Editions get access now.

Didn’t know about that regarding the early access for the deluxe and ultimate edition owners. Cheers

C3A786C8-FA73-4231-9300-7D49AA285906.jpeg
800HP. My favorite sedan in the game.

This is exactly how I have mine :lol: I selected the darker slate blue, though.

You have good taste in customizing Sir.
I love those cars. If I had $85k and if they offered them with the manual 6-Speed here in the U.S. I’d have one in my garage at home. Lol

Thanks :cheers: It's the livery editor, but with modified lighting and background:

5la2vk.jpg

Too bad those kind of pics are impossible to get AFAIK...just like the ones with all the cars in the garage.
Good spot.

Funny thing is, the lighting used in the promo shot would be better for painting than the actual livery editor :lol:

I believe it's close to the Forza Motorsport 4 livery editor studio space, though I haven't played that game in years so my memory may be foggy.

T10 really started the DLC season with a bang this time around. Apart from the useless AT37 and the out-of-place Ridgeline, this pack's pure gold - featuring not one, but two Group 5 monsters, two cars that were pretty high on the "most requested" list, and a true racing legend in the form of the 250F. Notably, one of the featured car is a Porsche - dispelling any notion that cars from the Suttgart brand may not feature in DLCs like the products of any other manufacturer.

First, let's deal with the elephant in the room. The Arctic Trucks AT37 is born as a Toyota Land Cruiser, from which it is differentiated by the gains in ride height, gargantuan 37" offroad tires fitted in widened fenders, and few quality-of-life upgrades. The result of the Icelandic company's thinkering with what's already a well-proven platform is a vehicle that is not afraid of any surface or climatic condition. And in the world of Forza, that's about as useful as a silica bag in the middle of the Sahara desert. Despite the success of its manufacturer's efforts to neutralize the tendency of high centre-of-mass vehicles to tip over, the handling is nothing to be excited about - with the car providing absolutely no road feeling whatsoever; and the engine's performance is abysmal unless you choose to upgrade its turbo, in which case it rises to a mediocre level. Such a vehicle would only feel like it could serve a purpose in a game such as Spintires - perhaps, its inclusion is a first hint at a more offroad-focused future for the Horizon series? Whatever the case, this mammoth is destined to languish unused in the garages of most owners for quite a while.

+ at least it doesn't flip...
- ...and that's the nicest thing that can be said about it.

Nurburgring laptime: 10:31.433

I was never strongly contrary to the inclusion of Trophy Trucks in Forza Motorsport's car roster - so, it may come as a surprise when I say that the Ridgeline was the first one I actually drove. And I must say that after this experience, my opinion shifted dramatically, from "could take them or leave them" to "please T10 add some tracks with hoops"; I actually had to go and try out the Honda's brethren to make sure it wasn't a fluke, a remarkably enjoyable ride in a category of lemons. But its handling is in no way unique, and nor are the thrills. The unholy marriage of high power output, rear-wheel drive, soft suspension with comically long travel and offroad tires requires a significant adustment in driving style, as the Ridgeline will either understeer into a wall or slide through corners with the rear pushing out and the front diving in. The turbocharged V6's benign torque curve makes negotiating the corner in this fashion particularly easy, too. The only negative note is, perhaps, the lack of rallycross or stadium tracks that would allow this beast to really show its virtues - even adding the hoops used by SSTs to the Long Beach track would perhaps be enough. Fingers crossed for a future EP, then?

+ addictive driving dynamics
- there's no track that really allows it to shine

Nurburgring laptime: 08:48.577

We finally descend from the dizzying altitudes of the first two cars of this review to drop in the cockpit of the Abarth 124 Spider. Rumors that FCA was interested in launching a convertible sharing its underpinnings with the 4th-gen Mazda MX-5 - perhaps under the Alfa Romeo brand - first surfaced in 2012. In the end, it became a tactful homage of one of the most successful sportscar to ever cross the gates of the Lingotto factory, the 124 Sport Spider which first debuted in 1966 with a body penned by Tom Tjaarda and a Bialbero engine sitting under the hood, characterised by the twin bulges. The eventual launch of an Abarth version was inevitable, and in 2016 - 50 years after the launch of the original Sport Spider - the veils were taken off what is undoubtedly one of the hottest sport compacts on the market. The expected nods to the Abarth rally cars of the 70s - chief amongst them, the matte black front and rear hoods - are all there. And so is an energized version of the 1.4 litre 4-pot turbo engine, producing 170 hp and 250 Nm of torque. Compared to its Japanese relative, the Abarth enjoys a much firmer ride, courtesy of the new Bilstein dampers and mechanical self-locking differential; as a stiffer cars it seems, however, a bit more jittery and prone to surprise the driver with sudden, and hard to recover from, losses of traction - which show clearly the limits of the chassis rest far beyond those of the tires. However, I feel like the only critique that can be leveled at the Abarth is that it's still 30 hp short of the 2-litre MX-5; which is truly the only thing that explains how, around the Nordschleife, it ends up being almost 10 seconds slower on average.

+ a prettier and more track-focused MX-5
- needs more power

Nurburgring laptime: 09:00.173

The Maserati 250F is, perhaps, one of the prettiest, and most legendary cars in the history of GP racing. With it, Juan Manuel Fangio won the last of his five World Driver Championships - he'd go on to say it was the best front-engined F1 car he ever drove. It was also one of the last embers of the old Maserati glory - in 1957, facing increasing financial difficulties and the onslaught of mid-engined cars, the Modena manufacturer decided to leave the world of motorsports. T10 could've choosen to depict the inline-6 version that left a lasting impression in the world of F1, but instead they decided to present us with the V12-powered T2 variant raced by Jean Behra at the 1957 Italian GP, the last race of that year's calendar. That race ended in disappointment as the car retired due to overheating problems, but it also leaves Maserati fans of today to wonder what would've happened if the brand had decided to invest in the engine - which a decade later would find success fitted, ironically, in the back of the cars of the same Cooper team that made cars such as the 250F outdated relics of a bygone age. Thanks to 310 horsepower of high-revving V12, coupled with a well-sorted chassis and a staggered wheel setup that gives the car much more grip than its class peers, this Maserati is an absolute hoot to drive, and it's really hard to find any fault in its driving dynamics; and its noise is truly a mechanical symphony that will undoubtedly leave the stupidest of grins on any true gearhead's face.

+ it's the F1 car Fangio loved, only with a V12
- can't decide whether I want to look at it in awe or actually drive it

Nurburgring laptime: 07:58.962

If the 250F was slightly unexpected - especially as a "first DLC" car - the Bluebird really came out of left field. This is the car that, beyond its motorsport significance, inspired an entire generation of Japanese hooligans to replicate its aesthetics by fitting extreme wings, snowplow-esque front air dams and razor-sharp hood fins to their road-going cars - giving birth to the "Granchan" bosozoku style known all over the world. But the real deal only shared with the production models the roof section of the body - which, plastic and chrome trims included, was plopped on a race chassis; the engine was a turbocharged LZ20B inline-4 producing and astounding 560 hp, more than the F1 cars of the time. Super Silhouette cars raced from 1979 to 1983 in a specific series that ran in support of the Fuji Grand Championship races; Nissan dominated the formula, with the Bluebird bringing the title home in 1980 and 1982 and the DR30 Skyline introduced later on dominating the 1983 season. The ultra-wide rear wheels and very high downforce make for a surprisingly intuitive and well-behaved ride, which is however made a fair bit more challenging by the noticeable lag by which the turbo spools up. However, said lag is manageable once you become accustomed to it, and this Nissan is undoubtedly a very competitive car in its division once you get the hang of it. It's not even the most bonkers inclusion in this pack - that honor would go on the next ride in our list, the Porsche 935.

+ drives on rails and looks absolutely nuts
- throttle response requires some management

Nurburgring laptime: 07:13.542

Oh boy. The Porsche 935 is a car I've been waiting for since the announcement of the Forza Motorsport 6 Porsche DLC. Of course Turn 10, being their usual self, decided to implement the most extreme version ever designed by Porsche, the 935/78. Originally the car designed to race at the 1978 (duh) Le Mans 24h in the roster of the official Porsche Martini team; the engine was so powerful the engineers in Stuttgart were forced to adopt for the first time ever water-cooled cylinder heads. After collecting a win at that year's Silverstone 6h and eventually being plagued by mechanical problems in the race it was designed for, the design found a new life in the hands of semi-works outfits such as Joest Racing, which employed it in the increasingly competitive IMSA GT series. This particular car was the battle steed of Giampiero Moretti, founder of MOMO - it features the same water-cooled flat-6 engine found in the original works cars, good for over 800 hp. Its difficult handling is typical 911 fare, barely compensated by the aerodynamic design of the car and the wide rear tires; but the real shocker is the the throttle response, which feels less "car" and more "solid rocket booster": you push on the pedal (or button, as may be the case) and seconds later the engine answers with a sudden burst of power that will send the uninitiated driver right into a wall, and the initiated blitzing past corners on the edge of the rear end's gargantuan grip. All in all, the "Moby Dick" is a difficult to master car that commands an immense amount of respect and requires an incredible sensibility: it is almost analogic in that you're either within its limits or well past them. But once you get used to its quirks, it is mighty fast; and the almost cartoon-esque looks and ridiculous fireballs it emits everytime you lift the throttle all add to the mystique of this legendary racer.

+ unmatched, peerless, all the right kinds of insane
- "telegram for the engine, can we get power please?"

Nurburgring laptime: 06:50.576

Finally, we've made it to the hero car of this pack. Thanks Samsung. To say I was excited about the new Giulia would be the understatement of the century: growing up as a kid in a family of Alfisti I had developed a strong nostalgia for an era I've never lived, back when the namesake of this new and exciting sedan was the king of the road; affordable, yet with a racing pedigree its rivals could only dream off. Fiat's attempts to revive interest in the Alfa brand after years of uninspired, derivative designs with the 8C and 4C only left me disappointed: this is not the Alfa impressed in the Italian collective memory! But this... Oh, this is the car you buy when you need something practical but your heart pumps too fast for you to pick an Audi. The Quadrifoglio is just the cherry on the top: a sporty version of an excellent executive built to remind the Germans who's at the top of the food chain. The top-of-the-line model would be the AT8 variation with its four-wheel drive system and 8-speed automatic gearbox; the MT6 version depicted here only sends power to the rear wheels through a 6-speed manual, and is aimed more at a crowd of nostalgics and purists who get sick at the thought of driving a car that puts performance before pure bliss - and while that makes it far more interesting to me, it means drawing comparisons with its BMW and AMG opponents is harder. Still, the 2.9 litre twin-turbo engine - a relative of the V8 found in the Ferrari 488 GTB - purrs and growls just the same, and the 500 hp it makes is enough to vaporize the rear tires at will. But you don't need to be an utter tool to enjoy this Alfa: if racing performance is what you're after, the Giulia is ready to deliver, with sharp handling that presents just the amount of understeer you'd expect from a four-door sedan engineered for the road and only secondarily for the track. The excellence of the dynamic behavior of the car is attested by its performance on the Nordschleife - while setting a 7:30 laptime is a tall order with two less driven wheels and without the incredible skills of Fabio Francia, sub-8 minutes laptimes are easily achievable.

+ an Alfa Romeo twenty years in the making
- for once, we didn't get the top-of-the-line model

Nurburgring laptime: 07:59.134

I must say, the Arctic Trucks Land Cruiser is really starting to grow on me. Out of curiosity I built it to the homologation requirements for the Modern Off-Roaders division and put it up against them in a Free Play race just to see how it would hold up. It holds up very well against the big brash off-roaders. The lap times I was getting were roughly the same as them. It honestly makes me wonder why they didn't class the Land Cruiser as a Modern Off-Roader, instead opting to put it in the Forza Specials category.

It honestly makes me wonder why they didn't class the Land Cruiser as a Modern Off-Roader, instead opting to put it in the Forza Specials category.
This. It baffles me as to why The Hilux and Land Cruiser were not put into the modern offroaders class when their primary purpose for even being built was to drive in snow and ice...just T10 being weird again. Same goes for the T100 Baja Truck, it absolutely flies over me as to why it's not in the Forza "Trophy Trucks" division. :odd: The Forza Specials division is just all over the damn place to be honest in all the wrong ways.

This. It baffles me as to why The Hilux and Land Cruiser were not put into the modern offroaders class when their primary purpose for even being built was to drive in snow and ice...just T10 being weird again. Same goes for the T100 Baja Truck, it absolutely flies over me as to why it's not in the Forza "Trophy Trucks" division. :odd: The Forza Specials division is just all over the damn place to be honest in all the wrong ways.
That's another idea I had. Gonna try upgrading the T100 Baja Truck to Forza Trophy Truck homologation requirements tomorrow.
Edit: Now I see why the T100 isn't in Forza Trophy Trucks. You can't get enough power out of it's stock engine, and you must twin-turbo it to get it to the homologation requirements. If I recall, not a single homologated vehicle has a conversion of any kind (except Forza Edition cars with their widebody kits).

Last edited:

Hmm. Not sure the Arctic Trucks would fit in the Modern Offroaders div - me and a couple buddies playtested it and to keep up with homologated Touaregs and Q7s the AT37 would have to be upgraded well past the division limits.

As for the Baja Truck, the only possible explaination that comes to mind is Toyota being very peculiar with their licenses. But then, the Eagle can race in the Early Prototypes class...

So Forza 7 is not only packed with as many microtransactions as the average mobile game, but it's now selling sponsorship rights for it's DLC packs? With the amount they'd be making off that Samsung deal, they could literally give this pack away free to everyone and still make a fortune. This honestly makes the Forza franchise look like it's trying to be the CoD of racing games. Yuck.

So Forza 7 is not only packed with as many microtransactions as the average mobile game, but it's now selling sponsorship rights for it's DLC packs? With the amount they'd be making off that Samsung deal, they could literally give this pack away free to everyone and still make a fortune. This honestly makes the Forza franchise look like it's trying to be the CoD of racing games. Yuck.

It’s been like that for years. First time it happened that I can think is FM3 with the Jalopnik Pack, and really, they wouldn’t be making all that much off of the sponsorship as all of the companies that typically give their name to a pack, are already a partner of either Turn 10 or Microsoft. In this case, Samsung being Microsoft’s 4K TV partner.

Yeah, it's not like they've had named car packs since Forza 4 in an agreement which brings T10 no money whatsoever, no sir-eeh. As for microtransations, I still have to see a "pay x to buy y" option? Did they add tokens back? Must've missed it.

I'm all for expressing opinions, discussing and speculating, but if you're this misinformed you're not saying anything, you're basically making farting noises with your mouth (or as it is, writing them on a keyboard). Try again.

And just like clockwork the defenders of the faith arrive :lol:

Heaven forbid anyone level any criticism at the ****** practices of some AAA devs lol. Enjoy your loot boxes boys.

Heaven forbid anyone level any criticism at the ****** practices of some AAA devs lol. Enjoy your loot boxes boys.

Lmao, nothing wrong with criticism at all, and it wouldn’t take long to find a decent amount of criticism towards the game on this board. The only thing wrong with criticism is when it’s basically invalid.

Forza has had names like this plastered on their car packs for as long as I remember. It's nothing new, and I'm not even sure how it affects anything in such a way to bring it up like this, to be honest. There is currently absolutely no microtransactions.

They wouldn't have arrived if the information that came forward was actually true. There was no level criticism, just shouting about things that don't really have any backing towards them. Loot boxes are purchased with in game currency, and do not hold anything special in them, they just give you extra rewards. Is that what you thought was a microtransaction? Considering you're using no real world money for any part of the game outside of DLC packs, I'm a bit confused as to what you're currently trying to get at, or what was even the point of the original post?

Hmm. Not sure the Arctic Trucks would fit in the Modern Offroaders div - me and a couple buddies playtested it and to keep up with homologated Touaregs and Q7s the AT37 would have to be upgraded well past the division limits.

As for the Baja Truck, the only possible explaination that comes to mind is Toyota being very peculiar with their licenses. But then, the Eagle can race in the Early Prototypes class...
Modern Offroaders is the division that contains cars like the HUMMER H1 and Trailcat. The Land Cruiser slots right into the requirements; 325 diameter tires (it starts with 315s), D400, 580HP (I got around 370HP out of the 4-cylinder turbodiesel), and the average weight of the cars is around 4,800LBS (My setup brings the AT37 to 4,900LBS). :)

And while we're on the topic, who in the heck thought a Juke NiSMO belongs in the Modern SUVs division?

Last edited:

I don't think you get to play the high and mighty card when you clearly came into a thread with flame bait. You know, like saying a game is loaded with MTs when it currently has precisely zero.

I honestly expected a lot more maturity from you. 👎

With the amount they'd be making off that Samsung deal, they could literally give this pack away free to everyone and still make a fortune.
So you know how much Samsung is paying Microsoft to be the sponsor of this DLC? I'd love to hear some real numbers.

I think you're mistaking "criticism" and "slander" as synonyms. Protip: they're not. Have a nice day, sir, and let me know when you actually want to have a discussion on the practises of some AAA devs that is grounded in facts.

There is no critisism in your post at all,since its plain bs what you saying.
Oh i am enjoying free cars from loot boxes.Especially when car cost 1mln and loot box 150k-whats not to enjoy?
You must be tired looking for Le Mans in GTS i guess? :D

Back