Sardegna 800 RECORD tune 22:38:2 nissan R92CP

Australia
cessnock/nsw/australia
Turbodatsun
Fastest car around sardegna 800
Nissan R92CP in 22:38:298
Fm1 pit end of lap 7 then fm2 for 8 laps
Wind direction plays a big part in the overall speed best direction is from east to west

Attachments

• 16BF2A93-C11F-4FC1-9F2C-49D9BCBD70E1.jpeg
    16BF2A93-C11F-4FC1-9F2C-49D9BCBD70E1.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 82A9338C-7723-4581-91A6-8D3164993089.jpeg
    82A9338C-7723-4581-91A6-8D3164993089.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 58
  • C9027F79-D969-41B3-BAF9-177AA7472E91.jpeg
    C9027F79-D969-41B3-BAF9-177AA7472E91.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 99
  • EB272178-4FBF-4C45-A4C9-D60CC84614A4.jpeg
    EB272178-4FBF-4C45-A4C9-D60CC84614A4.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 63
Wind direction plays a big part in the overall speed best direction is from east to west
Impressive tuning!!! 👍
At my humble level...

Attachments

• 20230602_182433.jpg
    20230602_182433.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 159
I have not tried this tune but why so so many people crank the ARB's to 10 on both ends of the car so often? I prefer to keep them more centered, ARB tuning is great way to adjust the F/R balance for cornering.

I have not tried this tune but why so so many people crank the ARB's to 10 on both ends of the car so often? I prefer to keep them more centered, ARB tuning is great way to adjust the F/R balance for cornering.

With a car like this the speed and grip comes from the aero balance rather then suspension. Thats why all the setting are to lower the front and keep it there as much as possible and to raise the rear to encourage the car to rotate because naturally with high rear downforce it understeers. This is tuned this way to maximise hp within the pp limit as the laptime comes from speed down the straight

You will see what i mean if you take this tune and then try to soften it up it then just doesn't turn and your 20km/h slower through every corner

I just realized I was using a pre 1.31 R92CP tune that I just added downforce to and my time was around 24:30. I tried your tune and I got a 23:46 first try no restarts! 45 seconds less!
Yeah its crazy how much faster the group c cars are after 1.31, i think its mostly down to the calculated rotational g force, lowering the front and maxing the rear will lower the high speed rotational g force and the PP CALCULATION allowing more hp to be added for speed down the straight

I tried this tune as-is for the Jaguar XJR-9 and it worked WONDERS! It was an understeering mess with the older tune I was using, I mean the Avatar in VR would be turning the wheel further and further and the car would keep going straight until I slammed on the brakes. I did the WTC-800 at Sardegna like that and my best lap was 1:39 but after this tune my second lap in time trial was down to 1:33.

I just ran this tune, well almost as I used med tires and more power. I ran at fuel lvl 3 but ended up having to pit one extra stop. Still picked up a nice overall of 24:35.182. My best before this was with a 787b that laps 1:37's but this killed it. Nice tune, I will try fuel at 4 and see if I can eliminate the extra stop. Thanks
20231022_125210.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding update. Thanks.

I also applied this tune to the Jaguar and the Mazda. Works fine. I’ll try the Porsche tomorrow.

Last edited:
that's amazing, i play easy mode with all assist, best record comes with 24:50, porsche 919, need to raise more money for 787band r92cp

that's amazing, i play easy mode with all assist, best record comes with 24:50, porsche 919, need to raise more money for 787band r92cp
Hope you got grinding (its easy enough to do at sardegna) as you can make 1.4 mill per hour (56 minutes really) The Jag, 787 and c9 are all in the legends dealer atm with the R92 likely to come soon

Outstanding update. Thanks.

I also applied this tune to the Jaguar and the Mazda. Works fine. I’ll try the Porsche tomorrow.
So you applied this exact tune to other C class cars and have been getting good results? What kind of times are you getting?

So you applied this exact tune to other C class cars and have been getting good results? What kind of times are you getting?
I don't recall times. I did apply the same tune to the Jaguar, Mazda, and the Porsche. Worked fine. It's been awhile since I've run Sardegna. I got burned out on it.

I don't recall times. I did apply the same tune to the Jaguar, Mazda, and the Porsche. Worked fine. It's been awhile since I've run Sardegna. I got burned out on it.
I hear ya. Im going on 2-3 weeks grinding there. Ive ground about 60 mill so far since I've started. Sadly There are many more cars becoming available soon that I need to be ready for. I could probably race sardegna in my sleep. LOL Heck who am I kidding? I often do how often I bounce off walls at times lol.

Hope you got grinding (its easy enough to do at sardegna) as you can make 1.4 mill per hour (56 minutes really) The Jag, 787 and c9 are all in the legends dealer atm with the R92 likely to come soon
just bought 787b and sauber,waiting for r92cp

i also drive automatic, manual is way too hard for me, maybe thats the reason i can't make significant progress , still limited at 24:37

if you can get the jag, I would. I like it alot too and it certainly sounds better than the 787b
Unfortunately, i bought jag two days ealier, however, from what i just performed, it's the worst among these 3 cars.........🥹🥹🥹, definitely my problem

Link to the race replay

Hello @Turbodatsun Very very nice drive ... Congrats 👏

Obviously, manual transmission is more precise, more fuel-efficient and faster. This is not an option for me with a controller. I'm an average driver and play with controller, automatic shifting and also brake point indicator.

With the Fuel Map 1, I just manage 7 laps. After refuelling, the lap times get even worse as I have to drive FM3 and FM4 as I still have too many laps to complete.

I have now taken your tune and drive 8 laps with FM3 and then FM3 and FM2 for the remaining laps.

With my average driving style, my record is 23.11. And here I see no improvement for me (unfortunately).

Your video makes it look like the AI is on Easy or Standard. I've only been driving on "Difficult" for a while now, but I should give "Easy" a try again.

But thanks for sharing your experiences and tips. That way you can always improve and do some "fine tuning". 🤝👍

Cheers,
Fred

Link to the race replay

So I'm confused, your build shows what appears to be an automatic transmission but the replay shows a manual transmission. is using manual transmission how you got the time and fuel economy? Did you change it from your build that you shared?

So I'm confused, your build shows what appears to be an automatic transmission but the replay shows a manual transmission. is using manual transmission how you got the time and fuel economy? Did you change it from your build that you shared?
I am not sure where you read a clue that automatic transmission would be used.
Yes, it is manual transmission:
1705578656039.png

Regarding fuel efficiency, there are a few ways to go, but in this case it simply is the car in question it seems.
I didnt watch the whole race but just picked 2 laps where the rev-bar is always up to the limit.
Switching earlier would increase fuel efficiency (at the cost of some speed, but this can be beneficial overall).
Different aero setup has impact on fuel efficiency as well as speed, but will change the handling of the car.
Different gear ratios have impact on fuel efficiency, and when well done will at the same time make you faster or not slower at least (depends on car and track).

I am not sure where you read a clue that automatic transmission would be used.
Yes, it is manual transmission:
View attachment 1320351

Regarding fuel efficiency, there are a few ways to go, but in this case it simply is the car in question it seems.
I didnt watch the whole race but just picked 2 laps where the rev-bar is always up to the limit.
Switching earlier would increase fuel efficiency (at the cost of some speed, but this can be beneficial overall).
Different aero setup has impact on fuel efficiency as well as speed, but will change the handling of the car.
Different gear ratios have impact on fuel efficiency, and when well done will at the same time make you faster or not slower at least (depends on car and track).
Because the racing transmission for me has ALWAYS been an automatic. It wasnt until I saw a video and changed my aids that I realized that it could be either or depending on the drivers settings. Id assumed previously that people were using the manual transmission not the racing one when they needed a manual transmission.

Because the racing transmission for me has ALWAYS been an automatic. It wasnt until I saw a video and changed my aids that I realized that it could be either or depending on the drivers settings. Id assumed previously that people were using the manual transmission not the racing one when they needed a manual transmission.
In my experience, most of the tunings I have found in this forum use the racing transmission. There have been multiple times I was confused for at least 30 minutes why I couldn't get the PP to match and it was because I overlooked they used manual instead of racing. Both are technically a manual but I believe the racing one is a little better. I could be wrong though and it could be more about saving PP points without losing power. But I understand the confusion. You still have to change the assist setting from Automatic to Manual to take full advantage of it. There still is an advantage to a player driving with an automatic as you can adjust the gearbox which helps with acceleration and speed. But you have more control with the manual assist setting because you can choose at what RPM you choose to shift. I learned after finally training myself to drive manual that it drastically helps with Fuel Saving beyond just switching the FM guage.

Last edited:
In my experience, most of the tunings I have found in this forum use the racing transmission. There have been multiple times I was confused for at least 30 minutes why I couldn't get the PP to match and it was because I overlooked they used manual instead of racing. Both are technically a manual but I believe the racing one is a little better. I could be wrong though and it could be more about saving PP points without losing power. But I understand the confusion. You still have to change the assist setting from Automatic to Manual to take full advantage of it. There still is an advantage to a player driving with an automatic as you can adjust the gearbox which helps with acceleration and speed. But you have more control with the manual assist setting because you can choose at what RPM you choose to shift. I learned after finally training myself to drive manual that it drastically helps with Fuel Saving beyond just switching the FM guage.
Yeah I saw that too when I tried it with a racing wheel. I suddenly went two laps further in sardegna in manual than I was in automatic. I was rather shocked.

I LOVE the ease of use of the controller. Especially since I have to move the wheel stand into place and the logitech g920 brake pedal SUCKS. I just cant get used to shifting with the controller.

I just tried this tune in Apr 24 and works like a dream still. 23.32 overall (my fastest ever) and 1.29 fastest lap. Thabkyou

Masha Allah brother. Thank you. I had some trouble driving with ABS turned off but this tune works wonders.

Attachments

• 18e95f2858e89-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18e95f2858e89-screenshotUrl.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 13
Back