Sardegna 800pp in under 23 minutes

23:45, fastest lap 1:29. 1pit stop. Same tune as above, just slightly saner gear ratios.

D769FB73-9901-4E6F-B459-F5F313D627AC.jpeg

And it's a fun car to drive and you don't have to nerf it to much which makes it much more rewarding since you actually get used to the cars character. I go no fuel save and just drive and pit 2 times, but usually i end up getting a sloppy. I should try harder :)

Just to be sure, isn't this the best paying event pr minute?
I’m not sure. Don’t know if players are doing Tokyo under or near 23 minutes.

I added the High turbo to the RS5(799.90 PP). Just made it to the finish on 0.1 laps of fuel. Still FM1, no short shifting. Got balked a little by lapped traffic, but this is where I figured I’d be at.
1680855400341.jpeg

I did three quick laps back to back with the Medium Turbo and High Turbo. The Medium levelled at about 7.8Laps near end of Lap 1 and the High turbo at 6.7 Laps end of Lap1. However, I was about 4 seconds away from P1, using the High turbo, as opposed to 7 seconds with the medium turbo.
I don’t know if a no stop would be quicker in this car. Anyway, I’ll see how close I can get to that 24:00 mark. If possible. Cool little game within a game.
What helps, is having the low weight without adding ballast. Worn tyres still have enough grip to keep me in the 35 second range.

And it's a fun car to drive and you don't have to nerf it to much which makes it much more rewarding since you actually get used to the cars character. I go no fuel save and just drive and pit 2 times, but usually i end up getting a sloppy. I should try harder :)

Just to be sure, isn't this the best paying event pr minute?

Nope, Tokyo is a minute faster (I’m in the 22:55 range) and 100k more credits. But this race is easier to keep the clean race bonus.

Last edited:
Couple hiccups with the AI. Ran the High turbo again. Knocked 10 seconds off that last run. I think a 23:59 is doable with the RS5… probably not by me though. :lol: ;)
1680872576222.jpeg

Driving the wheels off it now that I can get consistent 34s from Lap 5. Lapped traffic at corner exits
1680872656531.jpeg

Edit: Last one for the night… err, Morning(Midnight here). Right rear was goooone. Lost 1.5 seconds on that last lap.
1680877006704.jpeg

Last edited:
You know what just hit me if you do the math and complete this race 50 times with the crb each time in total that's around 36M.

100 Times is around 72M.

:crazy:

Well I'm new to GT7 and still trying to finish up the last of the extra menu books. I ran this Sardenga for the first time for credits last night and CRB is very forgiving I played in both sand traps and loved grinding the guard rail over by the church in my first race. I still managed a First Place and the CRB to my amazement. I was running my McLaren P1 GTR and was finishing in the mid 27 range on easy since I'm farming for credits. This race is a lot more fun than Tokyo and still have a lot of work to do on my braking my entrance into some corner's.
I was also able to buy the Pikes Peak Special last night since it just went up for sale in the Legendry Dealership. I can't wait to give John's set up on the Pike Peak Special a try.

View attachment 1246152

I use the standard turbo to the other page is blank. Let me know how it works for you. 👍
Thanks! Tested it and fastest lap 1:34 and race time under 25 minutes. That was my first attempt and I spun here and there so it means time can go decent lower. Pretty steady and fast car. 1 pit stop FM 1 first 7 laps, fm2 last 8 laps.

Last edited:
Thanks! Tested it and fastest lap 1:34 and lap time under 25. That was my first attempt and I spun here and there so it means time can go decent lower. Pretty steady and fast car. 1 pit stop FM 1 first 7 laps, fm2 last 8 laps.
Really shouldn't have to go FM2 at all.

Really shouldn't have to go FM2 at all.
True. Second attempt : fastest lap 1:33 race time 24:29 and still room for improvement. FM 1 during whole race, pit after seventh lap. Car is much more predictable and stable than Escudo.

Last edited:
How do you do a pit stop? Me, I can barely finish with two. I'm going FM3-FM4. Could you post a picture of the settings?
FM6 with some pretty tall gearing, and shifting pretty early (like as soon as you see red on the tach bar). Even with FM6, the car makes gobs of power once the turbo kicks in. I'm also using TCS1.

Settings are in this post: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sardegna-800pp-in-under-23-minutes.413475/post-13988527

i'm using a slightly different gearing now, but this is the general idea.

Last edited:
Just started doing one of these grind races for the first time this past weekend. Quickly grabbed the Escudo when I saw it was available in Legend Cars and thought I’d give John Wedley’s setup a try. It’s actually still not too bad under the new physics model in v1.31 once you get used to it, but I guess it’s nowhere nearly as fast as before, which I suppose is the case now for most of the cars under v1.31 based on what I’ve seen so far.

My two main issues with John’s original setup now under v1.31 are the massive understeer (can’t even take the last corner flat out anymore) and the stability of the rear end when braking and turning at the same time (trail braking doesn’t help much). I figured I would be quicker if I could try to dial them out, so I made some adjustments to the setup. It’s still not ideal but will do for now.

I run with FM5 throughout, which is good for exactly 5 laps, and no fuel saving or short shifting is required for each stint. Just pit twice at the end of lap 5 and lap 10 for fresh RM tires and to top off on fuel.

I play on hard difficulty, because I think the traffic is actually easier to manage with perhaps less blockage by the AI cars than on easy difficulty (even though they’d fight you when you come to pass or lap them in the corners). I have not tried normal difficulty yet.

The CRB rules for this race are extremely lax or virtually non-existent. I’ve had some big crashes but have yet to fail to get the CRB. I’m certainly not complaining though :)

Regarding the amount of time to finish the race, it’s largely dependent on traffic. You can be several seconds quicker or slower because of it, so it’s all down to luck I guess. I can generally finish it in around 23:30 minutes if I drive more leisurely and don’t make any major mistakes. If I push, I could get it down to around 23:21/23:22 minutes. Times below 23:20 minutes should be possible with more races under my belt as well as getting lucky with the traffic.

Can’t wait to try the 787B though once it becomes available in Legend Cars again.

[UPDATE - 04/12/2023] - made further adjustments to the setup, mainly reducing the aero both front and rear and put the RS tires on. Managed to get a race in under 23:10 minutes tonight. I could have gone a few seconds quicker still if I had not made a few silly mistakes. Same strategy as before by running with FM5, but if I felt there was enough fuel left, I would switch to FM4 for 1 lap just to see how fast I could go (provided I didn't run into any traffic). I may continue to fine tune the setup to see if I can improve further. Btw, praiano63's new Escudo setup for v1.31 is also very good. With some minor adjustments (mainly switching to RS tires, removing the ballast, and lowering the ride height), it's about as fast as the setup I use below but perhaps slightly more difficult to handle.

[UPDATE - 04/18/2023] - uploading my latest setup that allows me to finish the race in under 23 minutes. This setup is originally based on John Wedley's setup. I adjusted the suspension to suit the new physics model in v1.31 better. The diff settings are from Praiano's latest Escudo setup
here, and the aero settings (along with the rear ride height) as well as the gear ratios are from RealPlonker's setup here. My race strategy now is to use FM4 and short shift throughout. Pit at the end of lap 5 and lap 10 for refresh tires and to top off on fuel. Fuel is going to be very tight, so switch to FM5 (or even FM6) and continue to short shift if you feel it's going to run out.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230418010518.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230418091508.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230418010721.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230418010734.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230418010745.jpg

Last edited:
I can get 133s with the TS050. It's nice to drive because you can run FM 1 all the time and one stop.
The same ,1 stop with Gr.2. Now I will move on to Gr.1. This is actually my daily run of choice.

Most of the Gr. 1 cars (including a few VGT) are actually pretty fast around 800pp and I just put downforce at minimum front/maximum rear and then reduced power for the TS030, 919, 908 HDi, Mazda LM55 VGT Gr. 1, and the Mclaren VGT Gr. 1 but all those cars are a blast at Spa too.

Most of the Gr. 1 cars (including a few VGT) are actually pretty fast around 800pp and I just put downforce at minimum front/maximum rear and then reduced power for the TS030, 919, 908 HDi, Mazda LM55 VGT Gr. 1, and the Mclaren VGT Gr. 1 but all those cars are a blast at Spa too.

You don't understeer like crazy with that setup?

You don't understeer like crazy with that setup?

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case but perhaps I’ve gotten so used to cars tuned that way that it really doesn’t bother me. I don’t know the first thing about suspension or differential tuning so the cars are stock otherwise and I imagine someone else could make tunes for those cars that perform better than mine.

Tonight I did 23:53 with a 1-pit strategy (FM6) and 23:57 with a 2-pit strategy (FM2).

Same tune for both. Requires very early shifting — for the 1-pit strat, you basically have to shift as soon as you see red on the tach bar. I’m using pretty weird gearing, too. (For the fm2 strat, I made 5th and 6th a little bit taller).

View attachment 1245437

View attachment 1245436

View attachment 1245435
Bro that lap time of 1:29xx you posted in another post is damn impressive in my opinion considering the fact that you have tire wear and were only running FM2 (i assume since the other fm you ran was 6) and NPCs to maybe get in the way.

What type of setup do you run in GT7? I assume you have some sort of wheel I’d like to know as much about your GT7 setup as possible especially what type of wheel and display. Thanks man and wow, you’re a top tier speed demon. Im gonna see if i can come close by copying the tune and farming the race cuz I know I’m decently fast when I have the right setup.
I run the THUSTMASTER T300RS-GT wheel and pedals. They’re alright I’d give the setup a 7.5. What I really want is a direct drive wheel of some sort I feel like my current wheel and display are hindering me to an extent. I need that sharp high fidelity very legible feedback from a wheel that has less dampening constraints and can be operated with more precision if i tighten up the lock to lock.

Back