Sardegna 800pp in under 23 minutes

The Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak & Sardegna 800pp is easily one of my favorite races in the game. I can either set the FT to 1 and pit twice or set the FT to 6 and pit once. Easy 💰

The Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak & Sardegna 800pp is easily one of my favorite races in the game. I can either set the FT to 1 and pit twice or set the FT to 6 and pit once. Easy 💰
Would you try the tune in my video and then let me know how much faster you are when using that and my fuel map strategy? Yes I'm that confident you will be faster using my setup and strategy

Would you try the tune in my video and then let me know how much faster you are when using that and my fuel map strategy? Yes I'm that confident you will be faster using my setup and strategy
Yessir, will give it a go and will report back soon.

Thanks for that, I did it in 23:51 in my first attempt, still learning brake zones and whatnot since I hadn't driven the Escudo in quite a while (with a PS4 controller). Of course there will always be some time variation depending on how lucky you get with traffic.

Attachments

• FgFKMzwakAMLOmI.jpg
    FgFKMzwakAMLOmI.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Using John's tune I did it in 24:04 on the first try. Fastest lap was ~1:28.5 but I lacked consistency since I had basically never driven the Escudo before. This was on controller. I will try it sometime with my Fanatec DDPro setup, and see if I am better.

Hi,

Thanks for this post. I have used your tune - but tweaked the gear settings slightly. I think I am just a little quicker on the main start finish straight. It is a very effective money grind. Thanks again.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Hi Everyone, just wanted to share my latest tune for the money grind at Sardegna. Race can now be reliably done in less than 23 minutes for 727,500 credits

Good evening,

Tried your setting tonight. Gearbox is perfect, turbo lag is eliminated. However, I struggled with instabilty when breaking from high speed into the first curve and some hefty oversteer in the S-curve combination thereafter. Maybe need to tweak the LSD.

Good evening,

Tried your setting tonight. Gearbox is perfect, turbo lag is eliminated. However, I struggled with instabilty when breaking from high speed into the first curve and some hefty oversteer in the S-curve combination thereafter. Maybe need to tweak the LSD.
I agree about the s curve... I'll look in to it

I had a try this morning and best I managed was 1.30 with a total time of 24.30. It is extremely fast, but I need to make an effort to get a bit more front end downforce and alter the diff for more stability under braking. If those things can be altered and not change the overall package too much in a bad way, then I could definitely be under 24 mins. Doubt I’m good enough to do sub 23 though 😅

Great build buddy!

I had a try this morning and best I managed was 1.30 with a total time of 24.30. It is extremely fast, but I need to make an effort to get a bit more front end downforce and alter the diff for more stability under braking. If those things can be altered and not change the overall package too much in a bad way, then I could definitely be under 24 mins. Doubt I’m good enough to do sub 23 though 😅

Great build buddy!
I always test the builds to be as good a balance as I can find between power, handling and fuel efficiency to maximise the times I can achieve with them. Personally on my wheel setup I've not noticed stability under braking being an issue... But that's why tunes are sometimes personal... Because we all drive slightly differently.

When you brake and how you enter the corners may be different from how I do it and that means you may need to tweak the tune to suit your driving style

Last edited:
Totally agree buddy. I’m a controller user so I expect that May very well make a difference.
Will do some testing with your excellent base and hopefully I can get my times down a bit. ☺️🍻

Hi,

May I have your permission to steal the phrase " I yard saled the car " ? Ohhh please say yes....

:-)
lol go right ahead! "Yard sale" is a term for an accident where pieces of the vehicle go flying everywhere. It typically refers to bicycling as the water bottle goes one way, lights, go another, the tire pump lands over here, etc.
In other words, I crashed hard enough quite a few times to see pieces fly off the MP4/4. I'm not a big fan of that car, but I thought I'd give it another try. I used to run the F1500 in this race but that thing could keep Exxon-Mobil in business due to the amount of fuel it uses.

Last edited:
I haven't done this race in a long time. Is it hard to keep the clean race bonus? If both this race and the 600 pp race at Tokyo are hard to keep the bonus I'll stick with Tokyo but if it is pretty easy to keep it doing this I will do it now that wall riding doesn't give bonuses at Tokyo.

I haven't done this race in a long time. Is it hard to keep the clean race bonus? If both this race and the 600 pp race at Tokyo are hard to keep the bonus I'll stick with Tokyo but if it is pretty easy to keep it doing this I will do it now that wall riding doesn't give bonuses at Tokyo.
The only way to really lose the bonus at Sardegna is to overtake under yellow flags.

I couldn't figure out how to control it with that much understeer but I'm a middling driver, lol.
Maybe try turning in at slightly lower speeds? I'm trail braking so maybe I'm under more control because the braking is applying more force over the front wheels and helping with grip

Or shortcut the right-hander onto the home straight (shortcut penalty).
Do you have to get it on the final lap maybe? I've gotten the shortcut penalty many times just avoiding the AI car pile-up at that corner and I've gotten the CRB every time I've ran this race (hundreds of runs as I was even doing it with road cars at one point)

Do you have to get it on the final lap maybe? I've gotten the shortcut penalty many times just avoiding the AI car pile-up at that corner and I've gotten the CRB every time I've ran this race (hundreds of runs as I was even doing it with road cars at one point)
I've only ever NOT got a CRB from cutting that corner (unintentionally, I might add!) and I don't think I've ever done it on the last lap. It's been a long time since I've had that, but you have to properly cut the corner - think all four wheels beyond the kerbs.

I've only ever NOT got a CRB from cutting that corner (unintentionally, I might add!) and I don't think I've ever done it on the last lap. It's been a long time since I've had that, but you have to properly cut the corner - think all four wheels beyond the kerbs.
Ah, maybe all wheels off the tarmac would do it, pretty sure I've not had that happen. But just catching a 0.5sec penalty for dipping 1 or 2 wheels barely over the edge doesn't seem to affect CRB in my experience

Last edited:
I've tried everything I know to get penalties or lose the CRB at Sardegna. I got ONE penalty but it was on a mission.
At the Tokyo WTC 600, I never wall rode, yet the last two times through I was not awarded the CRB.
Mark my words, PD will come after the remaining grinds. Being able to win a race and then buy three VGT's is not what they want you to do.

I've tried everything I know to get penalties or lose the CRB at Sardegna. I got ONE penalty but it was on a mission.
At the Tokyo WTC 600, I never wall rode, yet the last two times through I was not awarded the CRB.
Mark my words, PD will come after the remaining grinds. Being able to win a race and then buy three VGT's is not what they want you to do.
They might increase the sensitivity of the CRB, but they won’t nerf the payouts, and Sardegna has some fairly wide sections of road, which’ll make it easier to avoid contact than at Tokyo.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this tune. I thought under 25 was good but with this regularly am under 24.

After your specs I added wide tires, rims and somehow it lowered the PP which then allowed me to increase the power restrictor from 97 to 100 - making the entire tune exactly 800pp.

Thanks!

Edit: auto & controller, hard

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this tune. I thought under 25 was good but with this regularly am under 24.

After your specs I added wide tires, rims and somehow it lowered the PP which then allowed me to increase the power restrictor from 97 to 100 - making the entire tune exactly 800pp.

Thanks!

Edit: auto & controller, hard
Yeah. Another YouTuber did the same tweak.. Personally I found that made the handling different and the fuel more marginal... But I got that to run a 22.57 as well so it works just as well.

Back