Sardegna 800pp in under 23 minutes

I would love to try your tune, but apparently I have to wait for this car to become available in the Legendary Cars dealership before I can buy it?! I'm loving GT7 overall, but this "feature" I find quite annoying.

I would love to try your tune, but apparently I have to wait for this car to become available in the Legendary Cars dealership before I can buy it?! I'm loving GT7 overall, but this "feature" I find quite annoying.
+1

Yeah super annoying, I’ve been waiting as well.

There’s a list that shows when each Legendary car was last at Hagerty’s, the Escudo says July 29th was last appearance. Aside from the Roadster (in August), the next group of cars waiting the longest were last here in October. No Idea why they aren’t including it in the rotation.

I really hope they don’t nerf the car before it’s back again. That would be really disappointing

Yeah.. That's a problem. But I can give you this for now....

https://gtdb.io/gt7/legend-cars/

This gives you history of when cars were in and you can sign up for a reminder when they come back in

Someone correct me if I’m mistaken but two of the fixed time races (30 min Du Mans & 60 min Spa) are also not removing CRB for collisions.
With the spa one I have done some hits but nothing to major and still got CRB.
With the Le Mans one, I T-Boned Portilla hard at the kink on Mulsanne and still got CRB.
And by T bone I mean sent him into the shadow realm by hitting him at 300km/h in the wet.
He spun out on slicks and I was chasing him down fast.

Not wanting to risk losing CRB on spa, I dont lose CRB for cutting the track or pit lane.
Only time I lost CRB was when I passed lapped traffic under yellow.

With the Le Mans one, I T-Boned Portilla hard at the kink on Mulsanne and still got CRB.
And by T bone I mean sent him into the shadow realm by hitting him at 300km/h in the wet.

Not wanting to risk losing CRB on spa, I dont lose CRB for cutting the track or pit lane.
Only time I lost CRB was when I passed lapped traffic under yellow.
lol…

I‘ve definitely heard others mention losing when passing with Yellow flag out. Maybe that’s disqualifies CRB on all tracks? I usually avoid cutting the pit lane out of habit, it doesn’t save time and not sure which are affected. Those races are long and the potential loss of rewards are substantial enough for me to pay attention for a couple seconds.

Last edited:
lol…

I‘ve heard others mention losing when passing with Yellow flag out. Maybe that’s disqualifies CRB on all tracks? IDK. I usually avoid cutting the pit lane out of habit, it doesn’t save time and not sure which are affected. Those races are long and the potential loss of rewards are substantial enough for me to pay attention.
Same, I rather take it easy with pit lane as 3 seconds is a bit of time.
I have passed lapped traffic a few times and not gotten a penalty, got it that time as all the AI were doing 70km/h as they were caught out by the rain on slicks.
Only time I have cut the pit lane on spa is when I change to slicks as the track is dry, but the pit lane is still wet and I just slide off.

Best I have managed with this tune is 23:35, which I am pretty happy with. I have never NOT gotten the CRB, even with the latest update. I also have gotten a penalty or two for cutting the last corner (while avoiding AI) and still gotten CRB.

Last edited:
I've done all kinds of crazy stuff at Spa and still got CRB. My DeLorean cuts the pit lane, I really don't have a choice in that matter. I passed under yellow flag in the Zonda R, the cars were on the road but stopped. I've had all kinds of crashes there, shoved people off the road, cut the track, probably run some PP exploits, and even run it completely clean.
I always get the CRB. It would still be super easy to get on all of those tracks even if they set them up normally.
I ground at Road Atlanta a couple of times in the 30 minute Group 1 event. CRB is not automatic there but it's still super easy to get.

Escudo PP was reduced with the new update and I managed to get an even better time at Sardegna with my own tune. (Not better than you but better than my previous record.)

Going a bit the opposite of the thread intention since it will take around 24:30 to 25 minutes, but the Sunday relaxed driver option of using the Toyota GR010 2021 can now do Sardegna no pit stop on FM6 again after PP update.

I’m pretty sure other old no pit car options are back on the table again as well.

So what's the meta car for this grind now? After the Tomahawk I was using the C9 for 23-24 min runs. Can anything achieve this with 1.31? Need to rack up credits for new cars.

Cant even do it in under 24minutes, nevermind 23 lol. Made some progress with the rs 6 dtm tonight though. 3 laps under 1.38 but span out on new tyres at start of race and coming out of my pit stop. Need more consistency I think.
Do like that car though.

Can use softs now, which is nice. Seems a bit more fuel efficient. Still, significantly slower times for me 1.31, too, meaning no longer under 24, like Darren sez.

I guess this will do.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230404093714.jpg

Hi Everyone, just wanted to share my latest tune for the money grind at Sardegna. Race can now be reliably done in less than 23 minutes for 727,500 credits

Just out of curiosity, what is your time now after 1.31 update?

Tonight I did 23:53 with a 1-pit strategy (FM6) and 23:57 with a 2-pit strategy (FM2).

Same tune for both. Requires very early shifting — for the 1-pit strat, you basically have to shift as soon as you see red on the tach bar. I’m using pretty weird gearing, too. (For the fm2 strat, I made 5th and 6th a little bit taller).

815B57FE-D687-46D5-A9BD-C4A1FFB11A2B.jpeg

12087896-2B5F-46E6-A0C1-F0B85232A08F.jpeg

E6D5550F-86B6-4BB2-BEE5-186C0F3478D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Also got 24:42 with the new Audi RS5 with RM tires and a @praiano63 tune. Don't have the Escudo yet, so this will have to do for now :)
I had a good race with the RS5 DTM straight out of the box. I can’t remember my strategy or total time, but I was getting 1:36.xx laps without really pushing.

I’ll try the Priaiano tune. I’ve had a lot of success with his tunes, so I’d imagine things can only improve.

Tonight I did 23:53 with a 1-pit strategy (FM6) and 23:57 with a 2-pit strategy (FM2).

Same tune for both. Requires very early shifting — for the 1-pit strat, you basically have to shift as soon as you see red on the tach bar. I’m using pretty weird gearing, too. (For the fm2 strat, I made 5th and 6th a little bit taller).

View attachment 1245437

View attachment 1245436
My first time driving this car, just got it today. Your setup is very nice, car feels good but will take some getting used to. This thing is insane when boost kicks in! But very punishing if you let the revs fall too low. Thanks for sharing.

My first time driving this car, just got it today. Your setup is very nice, car feels good but will take some getting used to. This thing is insane when boost kicks in! But very punishing if you let the revs fall too low. Thanks for sharing.

yes, you're exactly right about that. I'm sure there are much more forgiving setups with shallower first and second gears that could still make it through the course without running out of fuel. Feel free to experiment!

Also got 24:42 with the new Audi RS5 with RM tires and a @praiano63 tune. Don't have the Escudo yet, so this will have to do for now :)
I just detune to 92% No other adjustments on stock RM. FM1 pit lap 8 or 9. Change tyres too. I’ll try one without changing tyres and see how loose the rear gets. Might shave a few seconds. Maybe.
1680813348874.jpeg

1680813308807.jpeg

Consistant car for the price. Would the RS5 be best value for money in this race? make your money back in One and a bit races.

Definitely. Now, just did this one.
1680815656829.jpeg

Lost four seconds because of this other Audi.
1680815703333.jpeg

Lap times stayed in the 1:35.7-1:36.1 range over the life of the tyres. Even with the degradation due to that spin. My overall would have been about five to six seconds quicker. To add, I was able to overtake the Viper end of Lap 3(traffic was much easier to navigate in this race). Pit End of Lap 8 and this time, added 7 laps of fuel rather than 8(so that I could push for faster lap times). No tyre change.

I’m sure a faster driver than me can do a sub-23:59.59 minute race.

Back