i live in south africa

GT5 prologue was released here in March 2008 is that SPEC 1 or Spec 2

Please assist

Thanks

These game saves dont work

Yes they do.

i live in south africa

If it's SpecII or SpecIII, it'll say so in the top corner of your game when you load it up. If it doesn't say anything it'll be SpecI.

Getting the right file is the key to getting the gamesaves that work - and they all work if you have the right one for your game.

These game saves dont work

i live in south africa

Please assist

Thanks

That's kind of a blanket statement and not altogether true. I originaly had a NTSC install. I decided to get a PAL version so I could race with my PAL friends. I logged on my ps3 on my master account, installed the PAL version, updated the game to spec 3, downloaded chris1984's spec3 save, unzipped it, transfered it to the ps3 and voila, bob's your uncle, no problems. I know of a few people who have done the same with no problems. So I don't know what you did or didn't do, but read the instructions again, then read the instructions again, then maybe try again.

:lol:

The F1 wasn't added until the Spec II update in March 2008, along with Amuse, Art Morrison, Aston Martin, Blitz, Citroën, Jaguar, Mine's, MINI and "Concept by Gran Turismo" cars and the High Speed Ring track.

well i have the PAL version of GT prologue and if it is SPEC 2 then for some reason the game save is not working

Come on, we need more that that to help you out.

Are you sure it's PAL and SpecII? Define "is not working".

:lol:

The F1 wasn't added until the Spec II update in March 2008, along with Amuse, Art Morrison, Aston Martin, Blitz, Citroën, Jaguar, Mine's, MINI and "Concept by Gran Turismo" cars and the High Speed Ring track.

Weird. I got it on spec 1. Maybe it's because I bought GT5P in september 2008. It was definetely spec 1 though.

If it had the F2007 it cannot possibly have been SpecI!

You'd have had the SpecII BD version.

If it had the F2007 it cannot possibly have been SpecI!

You'd have had the SpecII BD version.

That must be it. You know more than me, you're the moderator.

Thanks for explaining that to me. 👍

Nothing to do with knowing more - all to do with the fact that Spec I didn't have the F2007 in it. At all. Anywhere. For anyone. In the world. It's kind of immutable. SpecI = No F2007.

So if you acquired the F2007 in a GT5P game, it cannot have been SpecI. With the further information that you bought the game six months after the SpecII update - by which time all the discs had the SpecII version - I'd conclude that you had the SpecII version.

Of course you don't have to take my word for it. You have the internet at your disposal. Look around and see if you can find any evidence of there being an F2007 in SpecI. Try Youtube - see if you can find any videos of the F2007 in GT5P before the SpecII update in March last year.

I think I just got a bit confused because when I got PSN I still had to download the spec II update. I also didn't know that they updated all the BD to spec II.

Speaking of updates, I wouldn't mind a spec IV soon.

Thanks again.

They've certainly had a series of small updates - a couple between SpecII and SpecIII to fix... one or two issues SpecII caused.

I've actually lost my disc somewhere... *whistles*

i downloaded the save file for spec II BD PAL
extracted etc installed
when i boot GT5 prologue goes back to the beginning
no cars aquired 35 000 credits

can anyone assist?
should i try the NTSC versions? i'm pretty sure that all games sold in South Africa are PAL versions though
I've checked some online retailers here and all the games are PAL

Checking your disc box would be a good start. Double-checking to make sure you're using the right version would also be good.

Go to Dealerships
Go to Citroen. Can you buy the Citroen GT by Citroen? Yes = Spec III
No - go to Ferrari. Can you buy the F1 2007? Yes = Spec II
No = Spec I

The "extracted etc installed" bit is probably where the issue is assuming you've got the right version save. Given that you don't need to install anything. Please describe the steps you took, including everything that you see.

ok when i've extracted the save data access the flash drive open the folder its says GT5 prologue save data, copy it to PS3 in like less than 10 seconds.
Start the game and it goes to the start up screen with terms and conditions or disclaimer i think required to accept or cancel.
select accept - takes me to home page - dealerships available

Now i have a question
Are all the cars only unlocked including the f1? or are all the cars supposed to be unlocked and in the garage?

Famine
Please describe the steps you took, including everything that you see.

Okay...

What you should do and see is:
1. Download .zip/.rar file from site.
2. Extract .zip/.rar file.
3. See this:
youaredoingitwrongtx8.jpg
4. On flash media drive create, in root directory, a folder called "PS3". In that folder create a folder called "SAVEDATA".
5. Transfer unzipped folder (which will be called something like BCES00104-GAME- ) containing the five files above into this SAVEDATA folder.
6. Ensuring there is no existing GT5P save data on your PS3 - delete it, or back it up then delete it - insert the flash media drive into PS3.
7. Go to Save Data Utility. Select the flash media drive's folder (it'll be labelled USB Drive, or SD Card or something). Locate GT5P save within, select copy.
8. Start up GT5P game. If it doesn't work you've either not got the right type of save game or you haven't done the previous 7 steps correctly.

Okay...

What you should do and see is:
1. Download .zip/.rar file from site.
2. Extract .zip/.rar file.
3. See this:
youaredoingitwrongtx8.jpg
4. On flash media drive create, in root directory, a folder called "PS3". In that folder create a folder called "SAVEDATA".
5. Transfer unzipped folder (which will be called something like BCES00104-GAME- ) containing the five files above into this SAVEDATA folder.
6. Ensuring there is no existing GT5P save data on your PS3 - delete it, or back it up then delete it - insert the flash media drive into PS3.
7. Go to Save Data Utility. Select the flash media drive's folder (it'll be labelled USB Drive, or SD Card or something). Locate GT5P save within, select copy.
8. Start up GT5P game. If it doesn't work you've either not got the right type of save game or you haven't done the previous 7 steps correctly.

OK goin to give this another shot
thanks

Here's my Japan spec III bluray save. You just need to add the PS3/SAVEDATA/BCJS30017-GAME- folder to your usb, the first folder named JapanGT5PSpecIII... is for naming it so I know what it is straight away, the PS3 won't read it.

All 74 cars, All golds, 200,000,000 credits to buy cars in the colours you want.

You may have to change the joypad button config (if you use one) to default as I use the G25 have the realtime adjustments mapped to the pad etc.
thanks for tryin but when i try to open this file it sez corrupt data on my pc and laptop

OK goin to give this another shot
thanks

Make sure you download the right version, i tried the pal but didnt not work for me, since i live in united states, i downloaded the (usa-bd) version

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3185026&postcount=608

Ill tell u the steps i did

1. download winrar here is the link http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

2.download the proper game save to your version

3.open the file with winrar it should ask you if you want to, once download is compelete.

4. insert usb flash drive, make folder ps3, then click on it.

5.drag the game save that you opened with winrar and drag it into the flash drive, it should be called "GAME SAVED"

6. take your usb flash drive, insert it to ps3

7. Delete any gt5p game save in ps3.

8. go to saved data utility, you should see "usb flash drive"

9.click on the game save, press triangle , copy the file.

10.load gt5p game, see if it works.

This took me couple of tries to do, since i tried to dl the pal, i thought its like universal download, but downloaded the usa bd spec 3 version.

Just a suggestion, you should try to finish the game as much as you can, its more fun like that, i just did a game save to have all the cars

Hi, I need help with a game save.

I'm after a spec III pal bd version game save with all cars.

Need help finding one and installing onto ps3.

Thanks

There's two - and instructions on how to do it - in the first post of this thread...

Hi guys,

I need a PAL DL savegame for gt5p, with all the cars IN GARAGE!
Does anyone know where to get it?

Thanks, and greetings from Holland!

Back