Save Game Downloads

• Thread starter Famine
  • 949 comments
For those of you that is having trouble seeing the ps3 folder using a zip/rar program to extract the US-BD-Spec III saved file. Open downloaded file with 7zip(what I used) you'll then see the single file, now double click that single file and see if it brings up ps3 saved folder. Hope this helps.

It seems that 7zip is at fault for these problems. I opened every US zip with winrar and every one has a folder of some kind in it. Most have the directories and paths laid out with the ps3 folder and such, while others have the main folder with files inside.

READ THIS FIRST

SOME OF THESE FILES WILL NOT WORK ON NON-UPDATED VERSIONS OF THE GAME. Ensure you have the correct GT5: Prologue (Spec I = Original release; Spec II = Updated in July 2008; Spec III = Updated in October 2008) before you attempt to use any of these saves. Ensure you have backed up your own gamesave before you attempt to use any of these saves.
You have been warned.

In order to use the files you need to click on the link for your particular type of file (JPN = Japan, USA = North America, PAL = Everywhere else, with a few exceptions; BD = BluRay Disc, DL = Download) and extract the files to a removable storage device readable by the PS3 (USB pen drive, SD card).

Additionally "did not work" isn't a lot of information to go on if we're to help you out. Which part "did not work"? The download, the extraction, the copying to PS3, the file once on the PS3? What programs were you using to achieve your ends? What error messages or indications that it "did not work" did you get?

Hi Famine, Great thread and help you provide. So well explained, even a caveman could do it. Unfortunately, I am stuck and must not even be caveman status.

DL'ed WinRar from the rarlab link and used that. I have the Spec III upgrade installed. I tried the two USA (DL) save games for the Spec III and extracted the files just as shown on the 1st post. I copied them to a PS3\SAVEDATA file on a thumbdrive and loaded them on the PS3 as you describe. I can call them up on the thumb on the PS3 and triangle copy but the file does not seem to work for me as I have no garage/trophies, etc.

I have saved my old data and deleted all PS3 files and then reinstalled my old data and it works, so I would think I am doing things close to right.

One note, my old data file actually has a PS3 folder, then a SAVEDATA subfolder, then a BCUS98158-GAME- subfolder, prior to the 5 files. The USA (DL) savegames I DL'ed also have this additional folder and it would appear as it should since my old data still works.

Any suggestions??

Edit: Famine,

My bad, I got it to work fine once I DL the Blue ray version. I did not realize the PSN were the wrong versions. Thanks for the work you have kept us all informed with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hii,

Im new to this forum so dont shout at me too much :). I have a BLANK Usb pen drive. I have a folder named PS3. Inside that i have a new folder called SAVEDATA inside that i drop in the unzipped file. Yet when i go into my PS3 it says there is no Saved Data in there? I have tried botht he PAL Blu-Ray and PAL Dl but none seem to appear? Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot

no its usually something like SPECIII_GAME_SAVE

Although this is the only thing in the Zip folder? I thought it was strange as i saw the example in post 1, but mine didnt have so many files?

James

Im going to hit myself for being such a noob. :banghead::banghead:

All i had to do is get 7zip after i extracted with Winrar, and it was there :|. Theres me thinking winrar did everything... :crazy:

Thanks guys

Haydees/James

So I downloaded the save, unzipped it, and put the following on my zip drive

PS3 > SAVEDATA > NPUA80075-GAME- > In that last folder is the 5 files I need

I put it in my PS3, and copied it to the using the Save Data Utility. Then I deleted my old saved data. Fired up GT5 and it acted like there was no data at all.

What did I do wrong?

Okay...

What you should do and see is:
1. Download .zip/.rar file from site.
2. Extract .zip/.rar file.
3. See this:
youaredoingitwrongtx8.jpg
4. On flash media drive create, in root directory, a folder called "PS3". In that folder create a folder called "SAVEDATA".
5. Transfer unzipped folder (which will be called something like BCES00104-GAME- ) containing the five files above into this SAVEDATA folder.
6. Ensuring there is no existing GT5P save data on your PS3 - delete it, or back it up then delete it - insert the flash media drive into PS3.
7. Go to Save Data Utility. Select the flash media drive's folder (it'll be labelled USB Drive, or SD Card or something). Locate GT5P save within, select copy.
8. Start up GT5P game. If it doesn't work you've either not got the right type of save game or you haven't done the previous 7 steps correctly.

Maybe this is my issue, I loaded the new save with my old save still on the PS3.

Ill try deleting all saves then loading the new save again.

Got it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a game save with all 4 versions of the f1 car

There's some in the first post. Also the phrase is "I'd like".

Downloaded Pal- Psn- Spec III all cars and after copying to PS3 it just doesnt recognize any save file

Help

Did you follow the step-by-step instructions contained in post 1?

I know what i said and i know want and I want dont 🤬 want cerected on something that dont need cerected

That'll be "to be corrected" and "doesn't need to be corrected". And "don't". And "I", twice. And you have too many "wants".

So not a great showing for things that don't need to be corrected all round really.

Ask nicely and you'll find you get things. Look around yourself and you'll find you don't even need to ask. Waltz in with demands and an attitude you can crack diamonds with and you'll find you get short shrift.

hi thanks so much i deleted my game save for the specIII and i found it here for psn dl in uk
it works only problem i had was having to go into the internet settings and deleting all the cookies ect then i could get online thanks woop

hi thanks so much i deleted my game save for the specIII and i found it here for psn dl in uk
it works only problem i had was having to go into the internet settings and deleting all the cookies ect then i could get online thanks woop

You live in London, capital of an English-speaking country. Some would say capital of the English-speaking country.

So how about trying again in English?

What is it with this thread and illiteracy?

You live in London, capital of an English-speaking country. Some would say capital of the English-speaking country.

So how about trying again in English?

What is it with this thread and illiteracy?

Isn't it just a new member problem?

I was commenting on Duke. I wasn't trying to insult anybody, just thought it was a little rude. Lol and ya Talon, I should get off the internet, quit being bored and go do something, like play some more GT5!!!!

Hi,

I am from South Africa, and bought GT5 Prologue on Blu-Ray DVD (PAL) - not the Platinum release but the original release.

I have hunted this forum top-to-bottom for a SAVEGAME for my version of the game but found nothing! I have downloaded EVERY SAVEGAME from this forum, but none of them worked. I think the game is Spec II and I can confirm the following:
* The SAVEGAME folder is "BCES00104-GAME-"
* The SAVEGAME folder contains the file "GAME.DAT"
* The game consists of 71 cars total including F1 2007.

The best SAVEGAME I found on this forum contains all events and manuafacterer races completed in GOLD but no cars. I have now completed this SAVEGAME as follows:
* All events / manufacturer races completed with GOLD
* All 71 cars (including F1 2007) in RED or BLACK or WHITE
* 2 000 000 credits.

I then connected my PS3 to the Internet, downloaded Spec III (now shows "Spec III" in top-left corner). I noticed that the SAVEGAME folder (BCES00104-GAME-) now contains the file "GAME_P2.DAT". I then completed this version with:
* All events / manufacturer races completed with GOLD
* All 74 cars (including GT by Citroen) in RED or BLACK or WHITE
* 2 000 000 credits.

Both saves attached.

Enjoy!
Ray

Attachments

• BCES00104-GAME- (GT Spec II).zip
    40 KB · Views: 361
  • BCES00104-GAME- (GT Spec III).zip
    40.1 KB · Views: 465
That'll be "to be corrected" and "doesn't need to be corrected". And "don't". And "I", twice. And you have too many "wants".

So not a great showing for things that don't need to be corrected all round really.

Ask nicely and you'll find you get things. Look around yourself and you'll find you don't even need to ask. Waltz in with demands and an attitude you can crack diamonds with and you'll find you get short shrift.

WTH is wrong with you?

WTH is wrong with you?

Dude, just saying that is a bad thng just waiting to happen. I don't think Famine (or any moderator for that matter) take insults lightly. GTP is a friendly forum, be that way, or you're bound to get your 30 infraction points really fast.

Also, "WTH", again, that's text slang, and they aren't going to like that either. Be nice, speak right, and respect the people who work GTPlanet. If you wouldn't say it to Jordan, you wouldn't say it to anyone, okay?

Also, it's a moderators' job to keep the forums looking neat and organized. I think you should read the AUP. Even if you have, read it again. And calm down, no one's out to get you.

Now enjoy GTP.

Back